• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Tales of Symphonia PC-Port is a mess!

Durante

Are you setting a 16:10 resolution for the game in the GeDoSaTo ini? You should use a 16:9 resolution, and then you should get black bars.

Seronei

Are you setting a 16:10 resolution for the game in the GeDoSaTo ini? You should use a 16:9 resolution, and then you should get black bars.

Yeah I have a 16:10 in gedosato, had hoped I'd be able to avoid black bars but I guess I'll have to do. Or I can just ignore the 16:10 problems, they're not that big.

Corpekata

Banned
Seem to be having issues with Gedosato, the game doesn't launch. Looks like it it wants to on my steam profile but goes away after like 10 seconds.

Haven't used the program much save for back in Dark Souls 2 days, so tried other whitelisted games, seems to happen to them all.

There any known programs that interfere perhaps? Tried closing down most with no luck. Double checked with the redistributables, nothing. I get an error in the program itself saying "Error setting installation, object not set to an instance of an object"

I'm getting an issue when I try to use GeDoSaTo for this game..

ERROR.txt appears in the game directory and I see this text in it -

Could not read the install location from the registry.
Make sure to extract the downloaded files to a suitable location and run GeDoSaToTool.exe

GeDoSaTo is installed in c:\GeDoSaTo, the game is in the normal steam directory.

I am on windows 10

My machine has no BIOS (I'm on a mac)

Shepard

Seem to be having issues with Gedosato, the game doesn't launch. Looks like it it wants to on my steam profile but goes away after like 10 seconds.

Haven't used the program much save for back in Dark Souls 2 days, so tried other whitelisted games, seems to happen to them all.

There any known programs that interfere perhaps? Tried closing down most with no luck. Double checked with the redistributables, nothing. I get an error in the program itself saying "Error setting installation, object not set to an instance of an object"
Same thing here.

Durante

If I'm understanding this right. Symphonia port is handled by American branch while Zestiria was handled by European branch?

European_flag_in_Karlskrona_2011.jpg

Fuck yeah!

(I have no idea if this is true, and no strong feelings of patriotism for either my country or Europe, but this felt appropriate)

Obviously, this fix is pre-alpha quality at this point, but hey, at least you don’t need to pay me for it.

Damn, lol.
Thanks for yet another fix Durante.
I don't own the game yet but I want to check it out eventually.

Dr Dogg

I'm sure there's a European equivalent of a crying bald eagle. Then again I guess we all have our own national iconic animals.

Oddly I get crashes at 3840x2160, runs fine at 5120x2880, can dump a frame fine (and I made sure not to do so at a high resolution this time :p) but every now and then will get a crash upon taking a screenshot (so almost kind of pointless looking for a decent pshash). Be interesting to see what what these fixes BNEA have in store. Wonder if they'll rip out their DRM which didn't really do anything but be a pain in the arse? Actually that's a silly question.

Durante

I'm sure there's a European equivalent of a cry bald eagle. Then again I guess we all have our own national iconic animals.

Oddly I get crashes at 3840x2160, runs fine at 5120x2880, can dump a frame fine (and I made sure not to do so at a high resolution this time :p) but every now and then will get a crash upon taking a screenshot (so almost kind of pointless looking for a decent pshash). Be interesting to see what what these fixes BNEA have in store. Wonder if they'll rip out their DRM which didn't really do anything but be a pain in the arse? Actually that's a silly question.
Interesting, it was completely stable for me at 4k and for taking around 10 shots... for all the 15 minutes or so I spent testing, which is obviously not a whole lot.

However, considering what the plugin does (very little), it's unlikely to be responsible for any crashes which happen.

shiyrley

Banned
Durante, have you tried FPS unlocking yet? Not asking for anything, just curious about how hard it is to remove the lock

Dr Dogg

Interesting, it was completely stable for me at 4k and for taking around 10 shots... for all the 15 minutes or so I spent testing, which is obviously not a whole lot.

However, considering what the plugin does (very little), it's unlikely to be responsible for any crashes which happen.

I did have track shaders on and Steam and Afterburner's Overlay/OSD on the go so I imagine it's more my setup than anything else. Plus I did this on a Win 7 machine which apparently the game doesn't like as much (although apart from a little slugishness in menus I've not noticed anything like others have reported).

Ganado

Might be old, but that store description rewrite...
Old store page said:
REAL-TIME 3D BATTLE SYSTEM – One of the fiercest, most action-packed battle systems ever created where up to 4 players can fight simultaneously. Combine hundreds of special attacks and magic spells.

New store page said:
REAL-TIME 3D BATTLE SYSTEM – Experience the fierce, action-packed battle system. Combine hundreds of special attacks and magic spells.

kokorozashi

Neo Member
Are the people with GeDoSaTo issues on a 32 bit OS?
Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Installed on the root of the C drive

Running as admin: Error setting Installation path:
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Error text file in the Symphonia directory reads:
Could not read the install location from the registry.
Make sure to extract the downloaded files to a suitable location and run GeDoSaToTool.exe

Also could not find the registry key if i follow HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Durante\GeDoSaTo
To be more specific there is no Durante after SOFTWARE

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Game just crashes when i trying to chose 4k resolution in main menu with Gedosato.
upd - set 720p from CustomConfig.conf as intended, but game run in small portion of screen..

Disable in game anti-alia--wait, no. I have no idea.

Layell

A huge cardinal sin is that New Game is the default menu choice, and you can't press b if you accidentally click it. Gotta reset.

Why Bamco why??

Zafir

A huge cardinal sin is that New Game is the default menu choice, and you can't press b if you accidentally click it. Gotta reset.

Why Bamco why??

The amount of times I've accidentally clicked New Game on launch. :(

It wouldn't be a problem if the Menu displayed straight away, but since you need to press the button to get the menu to appear, it's just so easy to do.

This port is so bad it almost seems like some sort of sabotage for the series on PC. They have a big back catalog of these games they could bring over based on the success of this.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
After finishing up the article, I wondered how long this would take. The answer is 14 minutes.

It seems to be fine from initial testing in all scenarios of the game, including cutscenes, exploration, skits and battles. Videos are broken, would probably require another 15 minutes to fix. No wonder B-N couldn't bother.

You da real MVP.

Durante

Thanks for the bug reports. I actually had a regression in a recent GeDoSaToTool update (the one for 64 bit support).

It should be fixed now, please update and try again.

Saiyan-Rox

So Durante decided to fix it for us? :D

Might get playing afterall lol 15 mins to fix something is insane why on earth did they think releasing it like this was a good idea? Do these companies not realise how damaging it can be?

FEGuy

Neo Member
So has anyone tried testing whether or not multiplayer works? Given the state of the port and lack of any statement about it, I'd guess no, but it'd be nice to know for sure.

Cerity

It was, originally.
This release is after it's been cut in half, eaten, and... well...

You know those "documentaries" that show their burgers and fries being left in a container for weeks on end? I think this is more akin to that.

prudislav

Does Zestiria also have extra DRM? I was thinking of buying it, but now I'm not sure.
protectionId shows securom traces in ToZ

here so far it seems to be VMProtect with some strange traces of Securom 8 (possibly some kind of light version of Denuvo's protection based on VMProtect and Securom )

KainXVIII

iunderstoodthatreference.gif

With latest 2128 built of Gedosato TOS just don't launch at all ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think i got it, it was genericdepth plugin that causes crashes (i use it for DD:DA). Now all works fine! =) But game still has shimmering issue (low postprocessing quality)

Ascheroth

Guess they saw the PC Gamer article:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/372360/discussions/0/458607699626180963/

If I'm understanding this right. Symphonia port is handled by American branch while Zestiria was handled by European branch? European branch had QLOC making the port. I wonder who they hired for this port?

European_flag_in_Karlskrona_2011.jpg

Fuck yeah!

(I have no idea if this is true, and no strong feelings of patriotism for either my country or Europe, but this felt appropriate)

That's probably the case considering the free Alicia DLC was handed out exclusively from Namcos European site (it worked for everyone though) and that guy in the Symphonia forums explicitely mentioned the American branch.

Makes me wonder how that makes the ones responsible for Zestirias good port feel, seeing how another company branch completely wasted all their efforts.

I got it free with Zestiria, but it seems like it's hardly worth installing in its release state. Glad Durante called attention to the bad port and at least fixed the locked resolution (thanks Durante!).

Easy_D

never left the stone age
European branches proven to be superior once again. Between this and the Triforce Heroes translation, it's obvious ;p

Whogie

Steam shows Durante's article on the ToS Steam page :)
eZkSBAK.png

Thanks for the bug reports. I actually had a regression in a recent GeDoSaToTool update (the one for 64 bit support).

It should be fixed now, please update and try again.

Fixed it for me.
Thanks for all you do.

Top Bottom