• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Walking Dead - Season 2 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sort of funny that the ominous ending shot of the building only really has meaning if you know what's coming in the comics.

comic spoilers
lori dies in the prison right? I think it was here.
Can't wait for it. :) That's probably the highlight of season 3. I hope they leave that in there.

- J - D -

The only problem with rick's speech. They just heard a sound in the woods. Zombies? Instead of going to check it out, he monologues for a couple of minutes; quite angrily and loudly. Something should have jumped out and eaten someone.

Well, the sound led to some of the group complaining that the area wasn't safe and that they should leave. Rick's speech was predicated on what I think was the general attitude of the group having just learned of their infection. He wasn't that loud.

Or maybe he overheard Carol's whining. Dunno.

I agree with Rick though. It's going to be an interesting direction.

KorrZ

I've never really had as big of an issue with Lori as a lot of people in this thread before, but after this episode... Holy fuck does she need to die.

Couple episodes ago: "You need to kill Shane".
Now: Shane's dead let me go be a bitch about it for the next 3 episodes probably.

Ugh. Did they really need to make her a ninja? I'm assuming this was before she was cast or something. Otherwise they should have just gave her the same look from the comic because the show handled it corny as hell.

And what was up with her full-health-zelda-beam sword from far away.

it's not that she's a ninja, its more that they're combining different character profiles of her from the comic.

Valravn

Herschel is a cheater with his unlimited ammo hack. Finale was a bit lackluster to be honest.
But good to see
Michonne
and the
prison facility
. They really have to improve the writing and acting for next season, its still very inconsistent and as Dmax posted earlier it fluctuates erratically. Its ridiculous.

hamchan

Great ep. The 2 no names getting offed was hilarious. Also everyone ditching Andrea.

I'm quite glad Rick has now turned full badass. I agree with his current attitude. Fuck the rest of the group, they're all idiots.

- J - D -

Except no Shane, no more farm, a shit ton of zombie action, Andrea being a general badass, new character with swords and zombie pets, Rick meltdown, and teases of a new setting.

Aside from that, yup, just like a regular episode.

it's not that she's a ninja, its more that they're combining different character profiles of her from the comic.

It just felt overdramatic the way she was introduced. Who is this mysterious sword wielding hooded hero?! Lets zoom in on her shadowed hood for a few seconds.
I felt like I was watching Heroes. Whatever...I understand they need something to keep viewers asking questions until next season.

Rick's monologue felt like it ended abruptly, and they just cut to the new location out of nowhere.

SamuraiX-

The complaints about the finale are pretty hilarious to read.

Also, now that I think about it, I'm glad they didn't kill off Lori, Carl, Carol, or Andrea because then there'd only be good characters to kill off in Season 3! Now they have plenty of people to sacrifice for this coming Fall.

Although there still might yet be hope for Andrea's character if she really does end up going renegade with
Michonne
. There's some potential there that I hope the directors work with so I can stop wishing for a brutal death for Andrea every single episode.

Edit: I was also wondering... Could Randall's group possibly be set up in the prison? I found it lame that we never got a chance to see these 30 hardcore, bad ass rapist looters.

L2qtL.jpg

Amazing :lol

Also, I'm not complaining, the episode did what it had to do for me. It entertained me like the rest of the season did and I can't wait for season 3. The only thing I didn't like was the reaction by Lori, first she comes with the whole 'Kill to protect what is yours'-bullshit and when Rick did kill him whilst Shane wanted to kill he she goes crazy.

Okey, Lori needs to die, Andrea needs to die, that little fucking kid needs to die and the mother of the little girl that was found in the barn needs to die.

Rick will be more awesome than ever before when the show comes back this fall.
Darryll is awesome and needs to start kicking more ass each episode.

Just didnt like how they all scattered around leaving people behind etc even when they heard gunshots while driving away from the farm.

It was about time they left that damn farm, the show just took a dive once they found the damn farm, bad writing and stupid shit happening all the time.

Valravn

They all need to die, and next seasons consists of all the zombified survivors walking around aimlessly and making gurgling sounds. Oh, wait that is just the same as the first 2 seasons.

Martian

In two words: awesome episode!
Was on the tip of my chair the entire episode.

Some things:
- I like that Rick is getting crazy as well, we need a crazy dude. (maybe it's the virus/bacteria?)
- I want Lori to die, she's getting on my nerves. One minute she's like: I hate Shane, kill him. Now he's dead, she's like : ow noes you murderer.
- Andrea could be an awesome character, and I like the idea of split groups.
- What the fuck is that ninja dude/chick with zombie slaves? And why do they have their arms cut off? Looks badass, is this the recurring character?
- The final shot looks promising, let's hope there's more interesting stuff going on there, than in the farm.

They probaby will, but we need to get introduced to some new characters. Half of them died last episode, so some new blood wouldn't do bad

Can't wait for next season!

Edit:
Herschel not only had the unlimited ammo hack, he also had the no reload hack enabled as well.

Yes, what the hell guys. Has reloading become something for sissies? I mean, they fired 100 shots with one clip. Normally I don't mind the no reload hackz, but this was a bit too much ,even for my tastes.

I enjoyed the finale. Andrea is a fucking badass - LOVE HER! She and Daryl are the best things about the show now.

Characters that need to die:

Lori - I feel bad for the actress that plays Lori. I wonder what she thinks of the character.
Carol - Long overdue. Useless.
T-Dawg - What is his point exactly?
Carl - If not kill him then a 30 minute scene of Rick giving him a hiding would do. Little shit.
Hershel's other daughter - Another useless straggler.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
In two words: awesome episode!
Was on the tip of my chair the entire episode.

Some things:
- I like that Rick is getting crazy as well, we need a crazy dude. (maybe it's the virus/bacteria?)
- I want Lori to die, she's getting on my nerves. One minute she's like: I hate Shane, kill him. Now he's dead, she's like : ow noes you murderer.
- Andrea could be an awesome character, and I like the idea of split groups.
- What the fuck is that ninja dude/chick with zombie slaves? And why do they have their arms cut off? Looks badass, is this the recurring character?
- The final shot looks promising, let's hope there's more interesting stuff going on there, than in the farm.

They probaby will, but we need to get introduced to some new characters. Half of them died last episode, so some new blood wouldn't do bad

Can't wait for next season!

Edit:

Yes, what the hell guys. Has reloading become something for sissies? I mean, they fired 100 shots with one clip. Normally I don't mind the no reload hackz, but this was a bit too much ,even for my tastes.

Arms and lower jaws caught off so they can't do any damage. I'm going to assume that with the two undead following and being entirely covered by the hood, the rest of the walkers don't even bother her.

Flatline

Banned

Unlike others I don't think the character is inconsistent, she's just stupid. She implied that they should get rid off Shane but when it became a reality she freaked out, I've seen that trait in a lot of people in comparable situations.

Kahoona

I'm rather surprised to see Michonne this early in the series. I probably should have expected it with Andrea running through the woods and all.

I'm curious as to why that "mysterious stranger" carries two armless walkers with her, both of whom seem pretty docile for flesh-hungry creatures.

Slightly off-topic, I've seen several of those Mad Men "zombie" commericals lately. Is Mad Men really in need of higher ratings? It seems to be pretty popular, though I haven't seen the ratings for the past few seasons.

[typical gaf complaints]Terrible episode. Wrting, bad. Acting, bad. Sets, bad. Show has been terrible since season one episode one. See y'all for season three![/typical gaf complaints]

Good episode, pumped for next season. I love Daryl more with each episode.

Rur0ni

Shane was good earlier, and got pushed over the edge. Rick was too soft early on, and moved the needle right where it needs to be as Shane fell off. Rick is now acceptable/awesome.

hamchan

Badass Rick is awesome. I sure hope it's not Daryl that will stab him in the back. We all know someone in the group will do it eventually.

Badass Rick is awesome. I sure hope it's not Daryl that will stab him in the back. We all know someone in the group will do it eventually.

I was hoping T-Dog was going to try something stupid there at the end and Rick was going to beat his ass or something. Was REALLY hoping.

Moofers

Finale was a mixed bag for me.

Dumb/Bad:

-All deaths in the opening 15 minutes. The kid in the RV was terrible. Why did he get out of the driver's seat? Didn't he lock the doors? Who cares, I guess. Then you've got the zombie grabbing one of the women out of nowhere. They didn't see it even though it was like a foot away?

-Michonne's intro. Great to see her, but the zombies on chains should have stayed in the comics. They're more of a one-time use "Doesn't this make her look cool/badass?" kind of thing. I had to explain to my girlfriend that in the comic,
she said that they sort of help her hide from walkers
, but really I'm pretty sure they did it to look cool and won't mention it again after she gets rid of them. Plus, she was like 10 yards away and killed that zombie with her sword. Huh?

-Lori. I get that she's upset over Carl killing zombie Shane, but they need to try harder to make her a likable character. NOBODY likes her. And she's the hero's wife! They need to address that soon. And make her eat a goddamn sandwich, btw. She's grossly skinny.

-I was acutely aware of the fact that hardly anyone reloaded and they all became headshot masters, some from moving vehicles on GRASS no less. Come on now.

Good/Cool

-Michonne's intro. Zombie slaves aside, she looked pretty badass in that cloak. Plus it just felt good to see one of the better characters from the comic finally make it on the show.

-Ricktatorship. I'm glad to see Rick taking control with authority. A logical step for him after dealing with Shane.

-Hershell lived. Cool. Thought for sure he'd just stand there with infinite ammo and go down with the farm off-camera as we heard him scream.

-Daryl lived. Cool. And he looked cool as hell riding up to save Carol's worthless ass.

-Andrea ran all fucking night. If that wasn't her metamorphosis into the badass she became in the comics, I don't know what is. Didn't love the way they handled her this season, until now.

-Saw the prison at the end. Would've preferred that they saw it and Rick said "Its home!" like in the comics since he had just got done talking about hunkering down someplace where they could defend, but oh well. At least we know its coming next season.

All in all, I'm excited for Halloween to roll around again. Not as excited as I am for Breaking Bad or Mad Men, but still excited because while the show isn't even close to being as good as it could be, its still just good enough to keep me looking forward to the next episode.

Seanspeed

Banned
I'm usually not one of those people who are over-critical about details, but I was rolling my eyes constantly during the finale. Everybody is a master marksmen, for one thing. Headshot after headshot, even from a moving vehicle and from any distance. And they all seemed to have unlimited ammo for the most part. And I just dont understand the decisions some of these people make. And I dont like the villainization of Rick at the end. Then there's that creepy thing with trained zombies on leashes. I dont know. I was kinda disappointed with this episode.

Seanspeed

Banned
-Michonne's intro. Great to see her, but the zombies on chains should have stayed in the comics. They're more of a one-time use "Doesn't this make her look cool/badass?" kind of thing. I had to explain to my girlfriend that in the comic, she said that they sort of help her hide from walkers, but really I'm pretty sure they did it to look cool and won't mention it again after she gets rid of them. Plus, she was like 10 yards away and killed that zombie with her sword. Huh?

Thanks for the spoilers.

Moofers

Michonne's story is too fun to spoil. Go read the comics to understand the 2 zombie pets.

Or just read the thread that you're posting in. And that's not even part of "her story". Its like the idea they had for a rad cover pic, then they scrapped it the moment the issue started but decided the cover was "too fuckin rad" to change.

Moofers

You quoted your own spoilers, dingus.

Thats the thing though, he didn't quote any spoilers because I didn't put any out there. Its nothing that hasn't already been said in this thread and its just plain NOT A SPOILER. Something that exists for approximately 1 page in the comic and is never referenced again is not spoiler material. Its just not.

Montresor

After watching the episode I checked some back pages last night to read people's reactions. It wasn't a big mistake, technically. But I was still kind of miffed at the convenient amnesia that swept through a lot of the mouth-breathers on gaf. I'm referring specifically to posts time-stamped during the last 5 minutes of the episode. There is a spoiler thread after all.

Sadist

I'm curious as to why that "mysterious stranger" carries two armless walkers with her, both of whom seem pretty docile for flesh-hungry creatures.
Well... for a second I thought the zombies had no jaws anymore. Or maybe she covered herself in undead blood?

OT: good episode. Rick speech was cool.

Technically, anything related to
Michonne
is a spoiler for the TV show, even her name, as it was not mentioned in the TV show yet. She is nothing but a vague hooded figure (with a apparent 10 foot sword) to people who have chose not to read the comic. She will likely get a lot of play in S3 trailers though, so bits and pieces of random info will not harm most people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom