• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Walking Dead - Season 2 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
for anyone that has read the comics, if i wanted to start reading from roughly where season two ended which comic number should i start from?

That would be 13, as it begins the comic's third story arc.

Issue 12 melds in with tonight show (the last shot of that was them finding the prison), However, the comics are on a completely different timeline, and don't mesh up right with the show. There is a lot of different stuff going on, and stuff that is the same happens at different times. There are characters introduced in the show, that are not in the comic at this point.

There are 94 Issues of the comic out right now, so it arguably would be best to go back and read the first 12 Issues before trying to start, It is different enough, that is would be best to read those 12 beofre going forward.

Hiltz

If they hadn't cast anyone they shouldn't have cut up to Michonne. Just focused on Andrea's face in a long take and allow her to act. Then open next season with that same shot of Andrea and finally we cut up to see Michonne in a less ridiculous manner. Even a shot that clearly framed the sword without showing the wielder would have been preferrable.

I agree. There's various way that scene could have played out better. The one you suggested would have been acceptable alternative.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
If they hadn't cast anyone they shouldn't have cut up to Michonne. Just focused on Andrea's face and allow her to act. Then open next season with that same shot of Andrea and finally we cut up to see Michonne in a less ridiculous manner. Even a shot that clearly framed the sword without showing the wielder would have been preferrable.

Basically, you'd want to leave Andreas fate as a cliffhanger. If you show just a sword thru the zombie, it'd be the same reaction as it is now. Everyone in the know, would go "Michonne!"

ruel

Neo Member
for anyone that has read the comics, if i wanted to start reading from roughly where season two ended which comic number should i start from?

Issue number 12 is where the group first find the location that they are going to after the farm (which was hinted at during the very last scene of the finale), but before (I think) they meet the hooded samurai person.

Personally, though, just start from the beginning because some of the characters that have died in the show are still alive in the comics (and vice versa) and there are other characters in the comic that probably will never make an appearance in the show. Plus, it's only 12 extra issues to read out of just over 90 issues.

Filth

That would be 13, as it begins the comic's third story arc.

Issue 12 melds in with tonight show (the last shot of that was them finding the
prison
), However, the comics are on a completely different timeline, and don't mesh up right with the show. There is a lot of different stuff going on, and stuff that is the same happens at different times. There are characters introduced in the show, that are not in the comic at this point.

There are 94 Issues of the comic out right now, so it arguably would be best to go back and read the first 12 Issues before trying to start, It is different enough, that is would be best to read those 12 beofre going forward.

sweet ty :]

Lawl... headshots
-> Dude who doesn't have that much gun experience
-> With a fucking SHOTTY
-> From a car that is moving at a reasonable speed (more than 5mph)
-> On uneven ground
-> unlimited reloads
-> Contorted over the hood of the car like a goddamn driveby shooting from San Andreas???

I can't even do that shit in BF3 or other videogames. Fuck I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to get 100/100 headshots in CS w/ no gun bobble. And I'm supposed to believe that this shit! I can turn off my brain for most of this show w.r.t retarded shit characters do; but somehow the shooting part broke my immersion. And I've never fired a gun in real life, ever. Weird.

I did like the anonymous members of the family getting eaten. "Oh yeah we didn't really write any lines for these guys... looks like redshirt time is here!".

Also, hilarious that the girl who cut herself in her suicide attempt survives. She didn't break down and give up when the horde eats her sister like I expected her to.

Also: BADASS SAMURAI SWORD CHARACTER. Reminded me of the beserker class from Killing Floor.

Fry

It was so exciting to see the prison at the end. If they want to make a fortress out of that place, they are probably going to have to kill a lot of zombies that are inside.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Since the fact that not having a jaw or arms would hardly have slowed down their efforts up to this point in the show.

This is the excact book to get to catch up if you have not read the comics, as it contains Issues #1-#12

518X7%2BXX84L.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1582406197/?tag=neogaf0e-20

It is the pretty much comic version of Season 1 and 2 (which is a different story, but ends on the same note)

MutFox

Banned
I have that same question. It isn't like they are smart enough to know their jaws and arms are gone...they'd just keep coming forward regardless of that. So it is completely stupid unless they have some other explanation.

Pretty much,
maybe removing certain parts to make them more docile?

ibdQiZoW4FRwHy.gif

###

These guys are good at headshots, DAYUM.

Alright gif experts, put a Bish face on Rick and then have the new thread button on the back of Hershel's head as he spins around. That would be amazing.

The first half was amazing overall, although Hershel using an infinite ammo cheat was a little lame. Also I'm glad we're moving on to new locations, the farm was wearing on me.

masud

Banned
I have that same question. It isn't like they are smart enough to know their jaws and arms are gone...they'd just keep coming forward regardless of that. So it is completely stupid unless they have some other explanation.

Minor spoiler
In the comic she says they stopped attacking her long ago, so they became docile over time kind of like an animal. More of a spoiler: But they don't really get into it because she kills them both almost immediately after being introduced.

The comic gets really dark and I have no faith that AMC will have the balls to go in certain directions. Also, certain things do not translate well to television. I'm fine with the sword, but the cloak was totally out of place.

masud

Banned
The comic gets really dark and I have no faith that AMC will have the balls to go in certain directions. Also, certain things do not translate well to television. I'm fine with the sword, but the cloak was totally out of place.

The funny part is that the cloak wasn't in the comic. Her comic into was better because it shows why she has them with her.

Well, there's one really fucked up thing that happened in the comics that won't happen in Season 3 because of the lack of certain characters, so we'll see.

But I'm sure they'll push it as much as they want.

Was the actress known at the point of filming that scene? Was that even the actress under the cloak? I could see them opting for the cloak to hide the person face, in case they did not have the actress locked down at that pint, so as they would not get into the same mess up that happened with Penny from Lost.

Rikyfree

Prison? Michonne? Governor? Season 3 is gonna be a giant buffet of fucking awesomeness for you non-comic readers!

@Sketch- It can still happen, but it will just happen to be a different character is all. Perhaps
another person of a slightly older persuasion than Dale

Was the actress known at the point of filming that scene? Was that even the actress under the cloak? I could see them opting for the cloak to hide the person face, in case they did not have the actress locked down at that pint, so as they would not get into the same mess up that happened with Penny from Lost.

Plus, cloaks are super mysterious so viewers will be excited for season 3.

SamuraiX-

So I just read the first issue of the comics and I gotta say... the TV series already looks way better and the writing in the comics is incredible cheesy, even more so than the worst offenses in the TV series.

I'm still gonna go through and read them all at this point though. Can't get enough Walking Dead. o_o

snack

Okay. Just finished watching the season finale. Who is the samurai why does he/she have two people chained up without arms? I found that scene creepy.

Great episode. Only thing I didn't like was Lori rejecting Rick's decision on Shane. Just a couple episodes ago she basically told Rick he'd have to kill Shane. After Dale's death she gave Shane another chance, despite it being clear he was on the edge; I understand that Dale's death made her care for everyone in the group more, but why tell Shane he might be the father considering she knew how Shane would react.

Just stupid writing. Her character is a mess.

Okay. Just finished watching the season finale. Who is the samurai why does he/she have two people chained up without arms? I found that scene creepy.

She is a great character from the comic. Her name is
Michonne
. She, along with a few other new people, should make season three epic when they reach the building at the end of the finale, which is a
prison

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Carl needs to die already.
Lori too.

Great episode. Only thing I didn't like was Lori rejecting Rick's decision on Shane. Just a couple episodes ago she basically told Rick he'd have to kill Shane. After Dale's death she gave Shane another chance, despite it being clear he was on the edge; I understand that Dale's death made her care for everyone in the group more, but why tell Shane he might be the father considering she knew how Shane would react.

Just stupid writing. Her character is a mess.

Maybe we'll find out she has a brain tumor.

snack

She is a great character from the comic. Her name is
Michonne
. She, along with a few other new people, should make season three epic when they reach the building at the end of the finale, which is a
prison

Oh sweet! I better get started on the comics then.

That was a pretty underwhelming finale. Just so many inconsistancies all around and Lori is annoying as ever. Overall, I still enjoyed it though. Can't wait for the fall!

Ricktatorship is the best tatorship.

Comparison shot of the new character from comics and tonight:

http://www.amctv.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/213-20.jpg

Ugh. Did they really need to make her a ninja? I'm assuming this was before she was cast or something. Otherwise they should have just gave her the same look from the comic because the show handled it corny as hell.

And what was up with her full-health-zelda-beam sword from far away.

What a shittastic finale. It was sooo badly done.

RV guy really didn't need to die; why the hell did he stop the car; he could have slowed it down but still just enough for rick+son to jump. DEAD. LOL

woman from the farm didn't need to die. They procrastinated in the face of that many zombie and I just lost it when she got bit and luna lovegood cried holding her hand. Bitches. leave the house and jump in the car. Oh we gotta leave now. Lets just hang around. Freaking idiots. When she got bit, it cracked me the fuck up. LOLOL

So poorly done the whole episode. There was lots they could do; like running zombies down with their cars but these people are flat out stupid. If they're going to light the barn + rick and carl could have yelled for help.

Stupid show. stupid people.

and LORI. Her face and reaction to the shane story? Fucking bitch is psycho. Die already.

I didn't enjoy the finale. It wasn't badass. It was just dumb. Hershel standing there wasting ammo. Them driving around wasting ammo. Also stupid

STUPID STUPID STUPID

Rikyfree

RV guy really didn't need to die; why the hell did he stop the car; he could have slowed it down but still just enough for rick+son to jump. DEAD. LOL

woman from the farm didn't need to die. They procrastinated in the face of that many zombie and I just lost it when she got bit and luna lovegood cried holding her hand. Bitches. leave the house and jump in the car. cracked me the fuck up. LOLOL

So poorly done the whole episode. There was lots they could do; like running zombies down with their cars but these people are flat out stupid. If they're going to light the barn + rick and carl could have yelled for help.

and LORI. Her face and reaction to the shane story? Fucking bitch is psycho. Die already.

I didn't enjoy the finale. It wasn't badass. It was just dumb. Hershel standing there wasting ammo. Them driving around wasting ammo. Also stupid

STUPID STUPID STUPID

Ok. Bye.

SamuraiX-

woman from the farm didn't need to die. They procrastinated in the face of that many zombie and I just lost it when she got bit and luna lovegood cried holding her hand. Bitches. leave the house and jump in the car. Oh we gotta leave now. Lets just hang around. Freaking idiots. When she got bit, it cracked me the fuck up. LOLOL

STUPID STUPID STUPID

So I guess this means we won't be seeing you in the Fall?

Coo, mang.

Fry

STUPID STUPID STUPID

Are you sure it's the show that is stupid?

Rick's gone hardcore. Funny thing is he's still right about pretty much everything he's saying, in the same way Shane was.

This group doesn't like the truth being told in such direct fashion, it seems.

The only problem with rick's speech. They just heard a sound in the woods. Zombies? Instead of going to check it out, he monologues for a couple of minutes; quite angrily and loudly. Something should have jumped out and eaten someone.

masud

Banned
So I just read the first issue of the comics and I gotta say... the TV series already looks way better and the writing in the comics is incredible cheesy, even more so than the worst offenses in the TV series.

I'm still gonna go through and read them all at this point though. Can't get enough Walking Dead. o_o

It's a comic. Cut it some slack, like you would a video game.

Reg

Banned

STUPID STUPID STUPID

100% agreed.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Carol and Lori need to go just pointless members of the cast on the show. Rick is a badass but he better not go in full dick mode. Pissed he didn't say We Are The Walking Dead. Very nice to see the prison in the final shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom