• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2 - April High Quality New Screens, Boxart and Sex pic

Interfectum

4733628497_dc9114fe53.jpg
634146092857505347.jpg

Exuro

Gully State said:
The wait is becoming more and more excruciating...

Instead of releasing a demo, they should just release a playable version of the Bard as a benchmarking tool.
I would pay money to get that as DLC. Amazing idea. A bit disappointed that it's only an april fools gag.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Even though I meet the recommended settings I'm still wondering if I should upgrade.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Miri said:
... why does the map pic excite me most?

I would consider double dipping on a physical version if it comes with a fold out map like the Elder Scrolls game. I would put it on my living room wall, I don't give a fuck. The digital version comes with a digital map but it's not as cool if it's printed out on a piece of paper.

bullshots?

You're probably joking, but just in case: check out the gameplay footage. it's that but in motion. Also, that's what 2011 games (can) look like.

Anyone know if this will support the 360 gamepad?

And does the first Witcher game support a pad?

Do I have to buy a separate wired controller?

Exuro

shinobi602 said:

Full 360 support
no
If you have the 360 wired controller then no.

Kyaw

shinobi602 said:

Witcher 2 has full 360 controller support.

First Witcher - nope

EDIT: Beaten..

Gully State said:
The wait is becoming more and more excruciating...

Instead of releasing a demo, they should just release a playable version of the Bard as a benchmarking tool.
So they are 100% releasing a demo? I need to see how much the combat's improved. It was a complete deal-breaker for me in the first one...bought it for $19.99 on Steam and could only put about 3 hours into it due to the combat.

Kyaw said:
Witcher 2 has full 360 controller support.

First Witcher - nope

EDIT: Beaten..
Fuk yeaaaa! Ok that just made my day. Controls and combat should be a lot more intuitive.

iavi

Heavy said:
So they are 100% releasing a demo? I need to see how much the combat's improved. It was a complete deal-breaker for me in the first one...bought it for $19.99 on Steam and could only put about 3 hours into it due to the combat.

They're not doing a demo. They announced that in the GOG Q&A.

Snuggler said:
I would consider double dipping on a physical version if it comes with a fold out map like the Elder Scrolls game. I would put it on my living room wall, I don't give a fuck. The digital version comes with a digital map but it's not as cool if it's printed out on a piece of paper.

Isn't one in there? I faintly remember him pulling a map out of the box on stage, when they first unveiled the retail edition.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
shinobi602 said:

It's gonna have pad support, it's been demo'd with it already. Sounds like the game will be "optimized" for it since they hope to do a console version. As long as the KB/M controls are interface are as lovely as in TW1, I'm fine with that.

You shouldn't need a wired controller, the only games that seem to have a problem with that are GFWL titles.

I'll use my PS3 controller if it feels better than KB/M. Hopefully you can use them simultaneously.

edit - I took way to long to type that, late of course ~~~

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Heavy said:
Witcher 2 combat is Arkham Asylum, so yes, timing based like the first.

If you don't buy it, just turn in your PC Gamer card.

Dennis

Banned
Thanks to everyone from the old thread who pointed me to these screenshots and the sex pic, and in this thread for the map.

Exuro

Heavy said:
The combat is real time if that helps. Left click for quick attacks and right click for strong.(or vice versa but you get the idea). Not more waiting for a sword to go on fire and wait/repeat.

DENNIS, you should throw this link in that has some of the new songs from one of the preorder OSTs. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boG1Mj6l5Jw&feature=related

Also you are welcome :p

careksims

Holy SHIT! I been in blackout for this and... hot damn! Hot damn indeed! Truly worthy of being called a sequel. This is what's all about! LOL at the DA2 image.

JoeBoy101

Snuggler said:

Son.

THIS is the Collector's Edition.

witcher2_contents_collectors.jpg

GAME DVD
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings game DVD.

MAKING-OF DVD
All the cinematic materials related to game - trailers, dev diaries, gameplay footage, interviews and making-of exclusive video.

OST CD
Audio-CD with in-game music.

ETUI
Box with all the contents of The Witcher 2 Premium Edition.

WORLD MAP
A map of the game's world.

GAME GUIDE
The Witcher 2 strategy guide for both novice and experienced role-playing fans.

GAME MANUAL
A rulebook and interface explanation to help you get started.

PAMPHLET AND COIN
A physical representation of one of the in-game items.

PAPERCRAFTS
Two papercraft dolls - Geralt and one random character for collectors.

GERALT’S HEAD
Ultra-detailed head sculpture of Geralt of Rivia. Marble imitation.

ARTBOOK
Extensive documentary of game's graphical assets with descriptions. Including concept art, cover renders and stories behind Art of The Witcher 2. Approximately 200 pages.

DICE
In-game based poker dice (5 pcs.) together with a handy bag.

PLAYING CARDS
Playing cards (stadard 54 pcs. set) with in-game graphics.

CARDS GUIDE
A guide for all those that need tips and trick on how to win in dice and cards.

STICKERS
Three stickers with Witcher 2 graphics.

TEMERIAN OREN
One Temerian Oren, a fine example of King Foltest's currency.

BIG PAPERCRAFTS
Draug - one of the most deadly monsters in-game, now available as a doll for your desktop.

DLC
Roche Commando Jacket - one of the best character customization items to be found in-game. Exclusively for Collector's Edition.

BOX
Thick cardboard box with Medallion image, to hold all you valuable Collector's Edition contents.

$130 of my money is decidedly going here.

Lyphen said:
Witcher 2 combat is Arkham Asylum, so yes, timing based like the first.

If you don't buy it, just turn in your PC Gamer card.
If it's as responsive and quick as Arkham Asylum (or even close), I'm sold. The 360 pad support is awesome news.

Exuro said:
The combat is real time if that helps. Left click for quick attacks and right click for strong.(or vice versa but you get the idea). Not more waiting for a sword to go on fire and wait/repeat.
Niiiiiice :D

Sethos

Banned
Hopefully the following comment with go under the radar >.> I never heard of "The Witcher" before ... It looks bloody fantastic though! Is it a fast paced hack & slash or a more 'mature', slow paced RPG with some great combat? ( Hopefully the latter! )

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Developers should take note of this. Look at that texture work. It's far and away the best shit out there.

Guys, make your friggen textures high resolution. If you gotta scale them down for consoles, fine. But make them high res so us PC users can take advantage of them.

Look how great they look.

Snuggler said:
I'll use my PS3 controller if it feels better than KB/M. Hopefully you can use them simultaneously.

I...didn't know you could use the PS3 controller >___>

So what do you do, just plug it in? I doubt they would put in a whole interface for the PS3 buttons...would they? o_O

Will use that then.

Exuro

DennisK4 said:
Done, thanks again.
Getting a malformed id on the link, may want to try that again :p.

But really guys, you should listen to the music, it's soo emotional and strong.

zlatko

Banned
This game. THIS FUCKING GAME....

I want to take the disc, melt it down, and inject it directly into my veins, then go play a second copy while I'm high on the Witcher 2 itself.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
How big was the budget for this game again? Cause that texture work and modeling is incredible, I have to wonder how many man-hours went into it.

JoeBoy101

Heavy said:
Was Triss that chick in the beginning of the first one? When you're still in the castle

Yes sir. And you get another round (two more I believe, depending) later on in the game. She's pretty much a major supporting character.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
The_Technomancer said:
How big was the budget for this game again? Cause that texture work and modeling is incredible, I have to wonder how many man-hours went into it.
Approximately $7-$10 million, maybe a little bit more with the delay.

iavi

Kenka said:
I'll fuck Triss with the force of merging black holes.

Aha, she was pretty much guaranteed. I just wonder if there are going to be anymore besides her this time around. They've already admitted having dropped the "sex cards," I just hope they haven't dropped the exploits.

I'm seriously going to miss the gotta catch em all aspect :(

itxaka

Defeatist
Holy fucking shit that looks spectacular. I guess this is the 360 version amirite?

And that girl has some nice boobs.

scarybore

Fucking hell, it's beautiful. I'm pretty happy with my PC but bugger me with a spoon, I want to upgrade it now after seeing these images.

Triss <3

Top Bottom