• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2 - April High Quality New Screens, Boxart and Sex pic

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
subversus said:
This won't be forgiven.

No kidding. So not only will I never see my girl Shani again, but I might still have the Ice Queen Triss giving me shit about ditching her in the first game. Guess I'll just have to stick to banging weird monster ladies this time around, I don't need the headache.

Leonsito

I still don't know what version I will buy:

GOG.com : full money goes to devs
Retail CE : it's fucking amazing
Steam : steamworks, updates and achievements

:\

And I'm considering buying the three, fuck me.

Salaadin

Leonsito said:

I keep talking myself out of this too.
Im going GOG for the sole reason that CDProjekt gets all my money. I really, really, want that 130 dollar CE though.

shinobi602 said:
It's only one character dude out of what, dozens and dozens of female characters? Can't they at least have one busty sex magnet in their games? (not sarcasm)
Um, the elf chick he quoted (forgot her name) is pretty stacked as well, dude. Just about every female character I've run into in that game has disproportionately large breasts. Just because the cleavage isn't there like with Isabella doesn't mean the tits aren't.

Salaadin

Revolutionary said:
Um, the elf chick he quoted (forgot her name) is pretty stacked as well, dude. Just about every female character I've run into in that game has disproportionately large breasts. Just because the cleavage isn't there like with Isabella doesn't mean the tits aren't.

Merril looks ridiculously top heavy with her pencil thin waist, lanky arms, and then giant breasts.

K.Sabot said:
uInY3.jpg

LOL. QFT. FIUTA!!!

DAMN!!! I need to start and finish the first one, because this one looks UH MAY ZING!

Bravo CDProject Bravo!

I really hope that the publishers in this case actually do their job and actually have a good marketing campaign for Witcher 2. It'd be criminal if this game doesn't get the exposure it deserves.

Revolutionary said:
The most disturbing character for this is your in-game mother.

Hixx

I wish the first chapter of the Witcher wasn't so shit. I really want to play through it before the second comes out but 3 times I've got to the start of chapter 2 and lost my save for various reasons. I can't be arsed to do it a 4th time unfortunately.

This game looks fucking amazing though, combat animations aside.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
mercenar1e said:
I ordered The Witcher 2 on Direct2Drive for $43.30.. wanted to get it on Steam for the achievements but oh well

It's $44.99 on Steam (same on GOG), so you're only saving a dollar and a half there. Maybe you had credit or something, though.

K.Sabot

I ended up pre-ordering on D2D for $30 via some coupon loopholes, and I feel like an asshole for it now, so I think I will buy the $130 version.

Kyaw said:
They have been using 360 pad in most of the live demos and such so it's working perfectly within the game's control scheme.

I was hoping this would be the case, now I can hook my PC up to my 46".

I approve of this game

part of me still wants to believe this is too good to be true. I even DL'ed the gameplay video right from The Witcher site and I still want to believe there has to be compromises to get the game to look that good. whether the game is hellishly segmented or the framerate is shit. something to tell me that reality can't be this good

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Somewhere the Bioware DA2 team are desperately trying to see if they can get The Witcher 2 banned from sale on a patent infringement or something.

Anyway, I'm ready, my pre-order is ready, I just want the game in my face right about now. The game simply looks stunning.

Dennis

Banned
I think t looks so good because PC is the clear focus.

You have to wonder how they will cram that into 5 year old consoles....

Exuro

From The Dust said:
I approve of this game

part of me still wants to believe this is too good to be true. I even DL'ed the gameplay video right from The Witcher site and I still want to believe there has to be compromises to get the game to look that good. whether the game is hellishly segmented or the framerate is shit. something to tell me that reality can't be this good
Funny thing is the game will be less segmented than the original. They are doing some crazy streaming so you can walk into most buildings/areas without loading screens.

I NEED SCISSORS said:
All I gotta say is why would anyone buy the digital version when even the standard disc version contains a ton of extras?
I want the game on Steam and we also don't know what DRM the retail version will be using.

im going to spend so many hours with the Witcher 2.. exploring everything it has to offer.. can you guys imagine the reaction the team at Bioware will have when they play this game?

Vorador

Banned
I almost forgot i didn't pre-order.

*pre-orders*

I wonder when i will be able to unlock the Mandolin combat style :lol

I NEED SCISSORS said:
All I gotta say is why would anyone buy the digital version when even the standard disc version contains a ton of extras?
I want it on Steam.

Although, I am tempted to get the CE for the Geralt bust alone. I'm getting the Duke CE as well so I can have both busts in an epic staredown for eternity.

Exuro

I NEED SCISSORS said:
Well it'll either be DRM free or you can use a no-CD crack. No loss.
I would rather get it on Steam for social features. If the drm has no extra features then I don't have any reason to get it over Steam. I would love to get the CE just for the stuff though.

itxaka

Defeatist
Leonsito said:

I'm getting it on gog so all the money goes to CDP. Also getting it on Steam as it's easier to manage for me and I already got the 1st one there. win win situation.

Exuro said:
I would rather get it on Steam for social features. If the drm has no extra features then I don't have any reason to get it over Steam. I would love to get the CE just for the stuff though.

I do agree that it could have been incredible if there was a Steamworks version too, but they are already doing a ton of stuff to make it good value already. I guess I can let them off.

The thing is, it isn't just technically jaw-dropping, it's colourful as fuck. I like looking at this game. Man, I wish I had the money for a new computer...

Exuro

I NEED SCISSORS said:
I do agree that it could have been incredible if there was a Steamworks version too, but they are already doing a ton of stuff to make it good value already. I guess I can let them off.
I would have loved that. I would have ordered the CE if they had an optional Steamworks DRM version, but seeing as I'm already ordering it on Steam, another $130 just for the extras and not the game is hard to swallow.

Vlodril

Man this looks incredible. Don't know what kind of magic they are using but its phenomenal. The colors and the textures are really great. Also it won't have any loading unlike the first one so that would be a huge bonus. Allready pre-ordered on GOG since they get the full amount.

The definitely deserve it. Great job Cd Project Red.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Exuro said:
I would have loved that. I would have ordered the CE if they had an optional Steamworks DRM version, but seeing as I'm already ordering it on Steam, another $130 just for the extras and not the game is hard to swallow.

Even a non-Steamworks digital copy in the retail version would have been appreciated. I want the goodies that come with the physical version, but I feel like I'm done with playing games in my disc drive. I still haven't bought a single disc game for my PC. That would be the best of both worlds.

ah well, alls I really care about is playing this game ASAP so no big deal

Revolutionary said:

Come on man..."just about every" female? That's quite a stretch...the majority of females in Bioware games have relatively moderate figures, with only a few standouts that have large breasts.

Tell me for example in ME1 and ME2, who other than Miranda, Benezia and Samara have big hooters?

Kenka

My new build can't wait to lay its dirty and twisted metallic hands on this game. It's exactly like a cat considering hunting a bunch of mice fucking around under its nose.

The CE is ordered. I can't wait... I can't wait. I just can't fucking wait. Get me frozen God until this game launches, please.

Paznos

Just got my GTX460(RMA replacement) in the mail to replace my dead GTX260 216, can't wait to try this game out with it, it looks beautiful.

Top Bottom