• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This thread is for stupid GAMING questions that don't deserve their own thread

How is the Metal Gear collection for the Vita? Do they hold up? Well made?

Deciding between that or Corpse Party. I kind of want to get into both series eventually and want to know which one I should first.

They're fine. Little bit of chug in parts of MGS2 but nothing that renders the game unplayable. Kinda mindblowing for us old folks to even be playing these games on a handheld lol. Doesn't come with Peace Walker like the console versions do and MGS1 is also not included.

Corpse Party is also really good. More bang for your buck by far with MGS Collection though.

Trumpets

Does Mario have a penis?

Clearly he is male, yet there is no circumstance in which Nintendo would draw him naked with his cock out, in which case can he be said to actually have one?

Mozendo

Has anyone been keeping up with Tom Clancy's The Division?
I remember hearing that the gameplay that was shown at E3 wasn't actual gameplay, but an example of what Ubisoft wanted the finished product to be.

If it's true can anyone provide a source? I've been googling for about 10 minutes and can't find a thing.

emb

This is probably a really dumb question, and I have a feeling I already know the answer...

I just bought Killer Instinct, but I left my Xbone connected to the Internet when I first tried to play it. So of course by that point KI found out it needed to update. Can I totally uninstall the game and updates, disconnect, and then reinstall the game to just play what's on my disc? Or will KI already know it wants to update?

I HATE seeing the season two characters showing up on the character select and in arcade mode. I'm not paying for them, and I'm not paying for gold, so there's no use in connecting to the Internet anyway.

When you want a console-exclusive game to be ported to another console, typically to the beggar's console of choice.
When you go into a thread for a console exclusive and post about why it isn't on your preferred platform. This promotes discussion derailment and is dumb.
Both of these answers mention console exclusive, but it doesn't actually have to be. "What, Bayo 3 is on PS4 and XB1, but not Wii U? Dumb. Maybe I'll care if they decide they want to release on a real platform" etc. I know I'm just mincing words though. ;P

Well, at least I always thought of console exclusive meaning exclusive to one console. I guess it could also meaning excluding one or more consoles.

Mendoza

Both of these answers mention console exclusive, but it doesn't actually have to be. "What, Bayo 3 is on PS4 and XB1, but not Wii U? Dumb. Maybe I'll care if they decide they want to release on a real platform" etc. I know I'm just mincing words though. ;P

Well, at least I always thought of console exclusive meaning exclusive to one console. I guess it could also meaning excluding one or more consoles.

You're right. When I was typing it out, I was going to be more specific, but I figured that he understood what it meant by what was said. Now we're sure.

I am also very interested in this question.

As other posters above have said, laws imply that you can back up a copy of your game for personal use if you own a copy of the piece of media. They have paid for the game. You are referring to consumers who do not own the game and emulate it. This arguments gets murkier when abandonware is discussed.

Uk gaffers, what's the best gaming shop in London? I prefer something with a shitton of Ninntendo merchandise (games, shirts etc).

I've heard of a few places like Croydon, M+M games. If not that, then check out my local arcade scene, Heart of Gaming. Keep in mind it's an arcade that just so happens to sell a bit(small amount) of retro stuff. I'll take a picture next time I go.

-Horizon-

They're fine. Little bit of chug in parts of MGS2 but nothing that renders the game unplayable. Kinda mindblowing for us old folks to even be playing these games on a handheld lol. Doesn't come with Peace Walker like the console versions do and MGS1 is also not included.

Corpse Party is also really good. More bang for your buck by far with MGS Collection though.
So I have to get Peace Walker and Metal Gear Solid 1 separately? That kind of sucks. Guess I'll look into it.

Jamix012

Does getting a 120hz monitor make console games look better at all? Like if a game runs at 40FPS on a console it stutters a lot because 60 doesn't divide by 40. Surely though, a 40 FPS console game would look better on a 120hz monitor or am I missing something?

Minamu

Since it's possible to use the dual shock 4 on the ps3, can I also connect headphones to it and get the ps3 game audio that way?

Edit: Answered elsewhere, and it's no :/

Does getting a 120hz monitor make console games look better at all? Like if a game runs at 40FPS on a console it stutters a lot because 60 doesn't divide by 40. Surely though, a 40 FPS console game would look better on a 120hz monitor or am I missing something?

I might be wrong here, but I think that 40 FPS on a 120hz monitor will still look like 40 FPS. 120hz panels are only really a benefit if what you're playing is running at 90-120 FPS.

This morning I turned on my Xbone and downloaded something off the store. When in the Games & Apps page I noticed at the side under "ready to install" were Forza Horizon 2 and COD:AW. I tried picking one (FH2) and it is now currently installing, didn't pay a penny. Does my machine think I have paid for these games or am I missing something obvious?

Hope someone can answer this.

Jamix012

I might be wrong here, but I think that 40 FPS on a 120hz monitor will still look like 40 FPS. 120hz panels are only really a benefit if what you're playing is running at 90-120 FPS.

When playing a PC game at 40FPS on a 120Hz monitor you get less screen tearing at least.

Got the PS4 gold headset and trying the companion app. I feel like I am taking crazy pills.

It does not show any game presets! It only shows the standard ones: horror, action, music ect. I see people talk about it like its super simple and I cant figure it out!! Where do you get the last of us setting?

Ahhh!

Edit:
Oh. Forgot ps4 is dumb as shit and needs you to restart the app to get the update instead of downloading it first... Sigh... Was losing my mind!

Mr.Pig

Are there any threads listing games with "save anywhere" instead of "save stations"? I rarely get to play for long sessions, and I hate "losing" progress.

I would create a thread myself if I had posting privileges.

Volotaire

Are there any threads listing games with "save anywhere" instead of "save stations"? I rarely get to play for long sessions, and I hate "losing" progress.

I would create a thread myself if I had posting privileges.

I don't think so. But as a general rule, older PC shooters and a good proportion of current ones have a quick save feature. It's a good idea, but I could imagine the list being vast and expansive.

This morning I turned on my Xbone and downloaded something off the store. When in the Games & Apps page I noticed at the side under "ready to install" were Forza Horizon 2 and COD:AW. I tried picking one (FH2) and it is now currently installing, didn't pay a penny. Does my machine think I have paid for these games or am I missing something obvious?

Hope someone can answer this.

Did you purchase a XBO second hand? It is possible that the console is still set as the home console of the previous owners, and any purcahse he makes will show up on yours until he switches the home console option.

How the hell do I share my clips to the activity feed on X1 without doing anything to them with Upload Studio? Is that even possible?

I double-tapped X with the new update to record the last 30 seconds of footage, I then saved my clip, but it hasn't appeared on the activity feed.

jesu

How the hell do I share my clips to the activity feed on X1 without doing anything to them with Upload Studio? Is that even possible?

I double-tapped X with the new update to record the last 30 seconds of footage, I then saved my clip, but it hasn't appeared on the activity feed.

Takes a few minutes to appear I think.
I does on xboxclips.com, I know that.

Did you purchase a XBO second hand? It is possible that the console is still set as the home console of the previous owners, and any purcahse he makes will show up on yours until he switches the home console option.

Yeah it was second hand. Bought it from a shop so I have no idea who it belonged to previously or else I'd probably let him/her know so they can fix it. Maybe if I play lots of free COD they'll be notified or something. Thanks for the help!

I just turned on my PS4, it asked me to install 2.01 so I did. Problem is, I can't access the PS Store ("Please wait..."). I haven't turned the console on in quite a while, and I vaguely remember this being some kind of bug. What do I do?

Edit: huh, lol. Just as I posted, after a couple of minutes, the store opened. Must've been a temporary thing.

Mr.Pig

I don't think so. But as a general rule, older PC shooters and a good proportion of current ones have a quick save feature. It's a good idea, but I could imagine the list being vast and expansive.

Yeah, I guess it's easier to ask in a game specific thread rather than making long lists.

Iceman829

i just got battlefield 4 for xbox one and i went to play it online and it's like "you need an origin account" and i'm like OK that's fine, I have an origin account! but it doesn't give me the option to sign into an existing account, only to make a new account. does anyone know how i can use my origin account on my xbox to play battlefield 4?

try going to origin.com and logging into your account. Click the "My Account" tab at the top of the page. Scroll down to "Connected Accounts" and see if your gamertag appears there. I have all of my accounts linked, so I am not sure if there is a linking part on this page. This will be a good place to start. If it is linked you might want to try contacting origin support as this might be an issue on their end.

Is there a way to put the XB1 in to suspend mode like PS4? I have Halo Master Chief Collection preordered and I'm wondering if it'll start downloading automatically tonight or if I'll have to manually start the download myself at some point tomorrow?

Is it possible to transfer/copy my Bayonetta 2 save to another Wii U? I'm visiting a friend and would like to show him some of the unlockable weapons.

Isotope

Do I need to turn anything on for automatic updates (Standby mode for a more clear idea) for the XB1, or is it automatically on?

Top Bottom