• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This thread is for stupid GAMING questions that don't deserve their own thread

LordOfChaos

Do you think Far Cry 4 on the ps3 will ever have it's slowdown issue fixed?

90% a no. Look at Shadow of Mordor. It's probably not worth their investment (speaking strictly financially) to fix such poorly performing PS3 games as that may take significant reworking.

Really, they seem to have gone for the cheapest possible cash grab on PS3, with 360 fairing slightly better.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
What's more popular and has sold more nowadays? Guilty Gear or Blazblue? Better if there's a link. :)

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
So, since Layers of Fear will not be released on the Norwegian PSN store (boo! hiss!), is there some way to change my PSN region to the UK since the game is out on the UK store?

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
I think you'll have to create a PSN UK account and by it with that, then switch to the other account to play it.

Bah, but if I create a UK accoun, buy it thru the UK account and download it to my PS4, can I afterwards log on to my regular account and then play it via that one to have the trophies tie to my regular account?

Is there a game with realistic breast physics? No, I'm asking this seriously. I've seen a Chun-Li gif from SF V and it looks worse than the Jell-O from the first Dead or Alive.

mclem

So I was reading the rip-off games thread, which led me to reading the Midora thread, which was a KS that got dinged for using somewhat HD-ified Minish Cap pixel art as a baseline.

Something else about that struck me, though. That KS was pitched as being inspired by Zelda and Secret of Mana, and that led me down another path:

We have lots of Zelda clones in the world; fair enough. I'm struggling to think of anything much that's quite like Secret of Mana. Do many exist?

When I'm talking about Secret of Mana clones, I guess I'm envisaging just a few key traits; action-RPG combat like Zelda, but (unlike Zelda) heavily backed by a storyline. Also unlike Zelda, playing through the game has more of a feel of travelling over a great distance - there's a lot of themed locales, and each flows into the next somewhat, although the overall path is somewhat linear (it might loop back on itself, but in general you're often proceeding into new and visually/thematically distinct areas)

I'd say that in Zelda, you're heavily exploring one single ultra-dense region with a ton of side content in it. In Mana, you're exploring a world; the individual regions don't have a great deal of distractions, but you're always travelling, and questing onwards to new areas - and, to some extent, the underlying storyline is adding context to those areas.

So, yes: I'm struggling to think of games that do similar to Mana, there. Crystalis fits the bill, I would say. Neutopia... sort of straddles the two styles (While an individual region is somewhat Zelda-like, there are four distinct regions with a clear demarcation and plot direction between each). And, of course, moving out of action-RPGs, most Final Fantasies fit that basic narrative/exploration structure.

Are there many others? It wouldn't surprise me if Falcom have a few, given I'm mostly ignorant of their output (I wouldn't quite say Gurumin fits the bill, which I have played; that's too explicitly split into discrete levels). Also a possibility, Ys titles (I've only played the first, which didn't really do it all that much, but the first game is always going to be the most barebones so it may well have evolved in that direction). Is there anything much that fits the bill in the indie space?

PtM

Banned
Is there a game with realistic breast physics? No, I'm asking this seriously. I've seen a Chun-Li gif from SF V and it looks worse than the Jell-O from the first Dead or Alive.
That was a glitch, last to my understanding.

Realistic breast physics are hard to spot, since you don't notice natural movement that easily.

Incomplete downloads.

It's when a game is available to download before its release but it's not unlocked to play it until the time it officially comes out. So it's like pre-ordering a digital game. Instead of the clock hitting midnight (or whatever time) and then waiting for it to download you already have it downloaded and ready to go.

I see. so this term only really applies to those who buy digitally. what makes this incomplete though?

DMTripper

Can you download save files for PC games?

I lost my save for the witcher 3 and I play on GOG. Is there anyway I can get a save file to use for my game?

Bit of a n00b when it comes to PC :p

mclem

I see. so this term only really applies to those who buy digitally. what makes this incomplete though?

Simply that it doesn't have the final touches to make it actually runnable. It's just a block of data that's locked away, and at the release date it gets unlocked.

Epcott

Bought an Xbox One today (my first MS console).

• Wtf... I forgot this controller need batteries. What is this USB hole on the controller for? Can I charge it with it?
  • Are chances slim to get into Gigantic beta post layoffs?
  • What are some cool things to do with and or get for this thing? Like... Any life hacks I should know about? Cheap game sites or so on?
  • Seriously, batteries? Is there a charging controller or some magic batteries that last years?
  • Can I just go into the store and whatever 360 games are there, I can buy and play on it? I can't check yet since it's been updating for like 30 min. What I mean is, will non compatible games simply just not show up?
  • What are the perks of Live Gold? I don't care much about online multiplayer.

Epcott

Thanks!

Finally got the thing started and found the answer to the USB port (pay $29.99 for a Play and Charge kit).

Also found the answer to the XBL Gold question.

PtM

Banned
What's this? Is there more?
image05rad.jpeg
imageuepuw.jpeg
imagefwpzy.jpeg
https://t.co/m2fPBcVDWw
https://t.co/EtApyr2CL5
https://t.co/z0p28BWnKU

Without spoilers, can anyone fill me in on how the Rise of the Tomb Raider Baba Yaga DLC works? Is it a separate campaign or does it interject itself into the main game? How much does it cost and is there more single player DLC on the horizon or unknown?

RoadDogg

Without spoilers, can anyone fill me in on how the Rise of the Tomb Raider Baba Yaga DLC works? Is it a separate campaign or does it interject itself into the main game? How much does it cost and is there more single player DLC on the horizon or unknown?

It is a side quest you find in the main game.

$10

I'm not clear if the last expansion is a single player story add on or a horde mode?
Cold Darkness Awakened -- 2016

Decommissioned during the Cold War, a dormant weapons research base has been breached, unleashing a mysterious affliction into the Siberian wilds that transforms beasts and men into blood-thirsty, mindless killers. Lara must overcome increasingly dangerous waves of these infected predators while scrounging their equipment and crafting additional gear on the fly, in kill or be killed survival-combat. Fight for your life against new enemies and complete new challenges, while discovering a way to stop or perhaps even reverse this impending catastrophe. Includes a new outfit and weapon.

I need some advice on whether I should buy the Fallout 4 Season Pass even though I have yet to buy the game. I will play it eventually, but I'm not sure if the new content will actually deliver. Then again, saving €20 is never a bad idea (it's now €30, will be €50 starting March 1st.) Is this discussed anywhere for me to look at? Asking this in the Fallout 4 OT just seems like a bad and biased idea.

Savitar

So did Ace Attorney Dual Destinies repeat one case we had done before? I had been playing but stopped because saw the second case you get is one I know I've done before, it was kinda WTF.

How solid is the single player in Rocket League? I would play with my fiance, but only if there a split screen mode. I haven't really been interested because it appears to be a multi-player mostly game, but would it be worth the money for those?

Minamu

There are no VR goggles available now that do eye-tracking as well, right? Only head-tracking? I know there are eye-tracking hardware but they aren't worn like a helmet afaik. I was recently severely condescended upon by someone who claimed to have experienced perfect eye-tracking in the Oculus Rift (possibly pre-dk2).

Richie

Just got myself a 1TB HDD for the Wii U. Working like a charm thus far, and it's downloading a loooong list of games off the eShop. So long that I'll have to go to bed soon, and I wish it continues downloading everything through the night. If I turn off the console, will it continue downloading to the HDD, like it does with the Wii U's own internal storage? Tried it just now and seemed like it turned the HDD off...

EDIT: Nevermind, it works! Albeit any advice for a new HDD owner would be much appreciated. I know of the hidden trick to disable sleep mode, but, don't really know how useful or not that can be.

gappvembe

I haven't had time to look this up....

Xbox One suddenly doesn't play DVDs. It just flickers a black screen and blue (my tvs no input screen).
It'll play games. Not sure about Blu-Rays.
Two things have changed, there was an update. Plus the other night when it was being played, a storm knocked power out for a couple of hours. I've since deleted and redownloaded the app. Also tried a hard rese. Clearing the bluray memory (not sure the exact naming of it at the moment).

Any ideas?

LegendX48

Why are the arcade modes in old 2D fighters, talking Marvel Vs Capcom 2 and SF3 3rd Strike Online Edition here, so impossibly hard even on easy?

And also, why is SF3 3rd Strike so arbitrarily strict with its srk and qcf motions? 99% of the time supers absolutely refuse to come out but specials come out completely effortlessly.

NoKisum

There's a couple (unrelated) games I've been wondering about in terms of why certain features were stripped from their recent releases.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and an Offline Tournament Mode
Crypt of the NecroDancer on PS4 & Vita and Custom Music support.

Why were these features removed?

can someone sell me on Life is Strange?

Teenage girl returns to her hometown to attend a private high school with the intent to study photography, discovers she has the powers to rewind time, tries to help the people around her, and reconnects with an old friend. Great character interactions and amazing soundtrack. It is very "indie" and charming. And only $9.99 on the PSN store right now!

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
Teenage girl returns to her hometown to attend a private high school with the intent to study photography, discovers she has the powers to rewind time, tries to help the people around her, and reconnects with an old friend. Great character interactions and amazing soundtrack. It is very "indie" and charming. And only $9.99 on the PSN store right now!

Sold.

AdanVC

Guys this is an emergency. I'm in Mexico and Amazon Mexico just opened preorders for Zelda Twilight Princess + amiibo bundle and I managed to put on my cart but when I was doing the checkout process I checked the page and the preorders are sold out already but the game bundle continues showing on my cart. Do I continue doing the checkout process or I'm already screwed and I will have to wait until preorders are back again???? Thanks!

PtM

Banned
Guys this is an emergency. I'm in Mexico and Amazon Mexico just opened preorders for Zelda Twilight Princess + amiibo bundle and I managed to put on my cart but when I was doing the checkout process I checked the page and the preorders are sold out already but the game bundle continues showing on my cart. Do I continue doing the checkout process or I'm already screwed and I will have to wait until preorders are back again???? Thanks!
What is the gain in not trying?

If the game is still showing in your cart (and hasn't been moved to the 'Saved for later' portion) then you should be able to finish the checkout process. If the game is sold out then it shouldn't even let you start the checkout process with it in your cart.

Edit: Shows as available for me when I checked the website:

https://www.amazon.com.mx/Legend-Ze...sr=8-1&keywords=zelda+twilight+princess+wii+u

gappvembe

gappvembe said:
I haven't had time to look this up....

Xbox One suddenly doesn't play DVDs. It just flickers a black screen and blue (my tvs no input screen).
It'll play games. Not sure about Blu-Rays.
Two things have changed, there was an update. Plus the other night when it was being played, a storm knocked power out for a couple of hours. I've since deleted and redownloaded the app. Also tried a hard rese. Clearing the bluray memory (not sure the exact naming of it at the moment).

Any ideas?

Solved! In case this happens to someone else, the HDMI cable was loose. It's weird because Fallout 4 would play fine. Thought it was in relation to a power outage the other night, midgame.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Solved! In case this happens to someone else, the HDMI cable was loose. It's weird because Fallout 4 would play fine. Thought it was in relation to a power outage the other night, midgame.
Sounds like it was a HDCP handshake problem then, games are less restricted than movies.

What is the minimum amount of time you can commit to World of Warcraft and still enjoy it / be able to achieve something?

Basically I'm asking this because I'm considering getting into it when I'm done with my backlog, but I rarely play mid week and I would rarely devote more than 5 hours on a weekend to it, so it kinda feels like wasted money in a subscription if I can't get enough of it with my time limits.

Top Bottom