• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This thread is for stupid GAMING questions that don't deserve their own thread

Minamu

On the PS4 Pro, how do you make sure that the output is 1080p? I'm getting weird performance hitches in NMS as if I'm in 4K mode, even though my tv doesn't support it, and my console isn't set to "automatic" resolution. Have I missed something?

Rellik

On the PS4 Pro, how do you make sure that the output is 1080p? I'm getting weird performance hitches in NMS as if I'm in 4K mode, even though my tv doesn't support it, and my console isn't set to "automatic" resolution. Have I missed something?

There is no system wide setting to do this. It's something the game has to support and then you select it in the game.

I've not checked myself, but you'll have to check the settings for NMS for a 1080p mode. If they haven't added one then you'll have to play it in 4K downsampled to 1080p.

Minamu

There is no system wide setting to do this. It's something the game has to support and then you select it in the game.

I've not checked myself, but you'll have to check the settings for NMS for a 1080p mode. If they haven't added one then you'll have to play it in 4K downsampled to 1080p.
Hello Games added support for the Pro recently, like 1-2 weeks ago. You're supposed to have a 1080/60 mode, or a 4k/30 mode, these aren't available as options in the game per se, you need to force it somehow. Since yesterday, there's a frame limiter toggle available for 30/60 too. Iirc, there is no supersampling in NMS specifically, even with this new patch. You're either in HDR/4K mode or in 1080/60 (which is supposed to be pretty much entirely stable according to DF), but my framerate is kinda acting like the 4k/30 here and there, as reported by DF. So it's not enough to set the screen to 1080 from within the system settings?

Question about Fire Emblem Fates DLC:

I have a physical copy of Birthright and used that as the key to download the other two routes (which as far as I can tell are connected to the memory card and not the system itself).

I'm selling my 3DS now with the game and want the new owner to have access to all three games. I want to know unlinking my Nintendo account to that 3DS will cause it to lose access to the other two routes in Fates, or if as long as they has the memory card and cartridge, he'll have access to the three routes.

Any help would be appreciated on this!

Minamu

Which achievements are easy to miss in bloodborne?
Depends on what you mean by missing? The true final boss can be missed since the game puts you in ng+ immediately after beating the game. Chalice Dungeons can be missed if you don't do them :lol Not sure if ng+ locks you out of them but I think so (so you need to re-unlock them). The weapon trophy can be missed for one playthrough (and needs to be done on one character) if you screw up an npc quest, it's stuff like that:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/bloodborne/262927-bloodborne-trophy-guide-road-map.html

haveheart

Banned
I'll get Horizon Zero Dawn tomorrow and since I heard that there's patch and my PSN/internet speed is so shitty, I was wondering if you could "pre-load" a patch without having the game installed or in your library?

Sarcasm

Thanks.

Another question, how come I can't connect my vita to the ps4 for remote play?

Same network and the ps4 is wired.

Do note the console isn't set to primary.

JakeD

I finally am upgrading to a *new* 3ds

My current 3ds had a big SD card filled with games.

Will this complicate my transfer process? Will I need a second big SD card for the *new*?

I don't mind putting the stock 4gb *new* SD card into the old 3ds if possible

Agremont

I remember watching some hillarious video game youtuber a while ago and I can't remember what he called himself.

I remember that he had a friend that sounded indian and that they played portal amongst other games.

A bit vague perhaps but any ideas?

PtM

Banned
I finally am upgrading to a *new* 3ds

My current 3ds had a big SD card filled with games.

Will this complicate my transfer process? Will I need a second big SD card for the *new*?

I don't mind putting the stock 4gb *new* SD card into the old 3ds if possible
N3DS works with microSD. You can copy the old card's content onto the new one. There are other options as well, like copying everything wireless during the transfer. That takes its time though, and the new 3DS don't come with an AC adapter.

What's the biggest entertainment franchise that has never had any official video games released to do with it?

This came to mind earlier so I figured GAF might have some decent answers.

Willenium

What's the biggest entertainment franchise that has never had any official video games released to do with it?

This came to mind earlier so I figured GAF might have some decent answers.

Yamaha? I was thinking Samsung but I'm pretty sure they did some collaboration with Nintendo

I was thinking morelike...films, cartoons, movies etc. Like, there's been no games to do with Breaking Bad as far as I know (then again, mobile gaming...)

But the hardware side of things is another interesting question.

Willenium

I was thinking morelike...films, cartoons, movies etc. Like, there's been no games to do with Breaking Bad as far as I know (then again, mobile gaming...)

But the hardware side of things is another interesting question.

Oh, yeah... That's what franchise means :facepalm:

I think it might be Saturday Night Live, honestly. Longest-running, most-popular series I can think of without any video game tie-ins. Unless there's an old Mr. Bill PC game floating around out there somewhere.

JakeD

N3DS works with microSD. You can copy the old card's content onto the new one. There are other options as well, like copying everything wireless during the transfer. That takes its time though, and the new 3DS don't come with an AC adapter.

Should I do the copying before or after the transfer? Thanks for the help.

I doubt anyone reading this has played this game, let alone played it recently, but am I the only one that finds this game to be ridiculously difficult?

250px-X2_-_Wolverine%27s_Revenge_Coverart.jpg

It's a shitty licensed game from 2003 so no talks about it and there aren't many videos of it. So I'm just wondering if anyone else considered this game a nightmare to beat.

The levels range from 5 minutes to nearly half an hour to beat and there are no checkpoints. One simple screw up in many levels can kill you since a lot of enemies/hazards can either kill you in one hit or in a matter of seconds due to no invincibility frames. Bosses are brutal displays of developers not giving a single fuck and they're stealth segments that require trial and error to pass.

Like I said, it's a crappy licensed game from the PS2-era so no one gives a crap about it. I'm just wondering if anyone else remembers this and if they had trouble playing it. Since I remember it giving me hell back when it came out.

I've been waiting and waiting for Bravely Default to go on sale on the eshop here in europe but it doesn't ever seem to happen. Should I just bite the bullet and order it from amazon?

Too late, I bought it. If I don't like it, I can always resell it.

mclem

Splatoon 2 is on the way soon, and that got me thinking:

What was the *last* numbered sequel Nintendo released? Mario Kart 8?

And what was the last 2-numbered sequel Nintendo released? NSMB2?

It struck me that Nintendo seem to have moved heavily towards subtitles over sequel numbering of late, with only Mario Party having been numbered continually (Mario Kart going through the Super Circuit - Double Dash era for a time!)

And, to take it a bit further, I wonder if this is something Nintendo are tending to do more for their multiplayer-focussed titles, since it's MK, MP and now Splatoon that are getting numbered iterations, and outside that field I can only think of a few games that get them - the last single-player one springing to mind at the moment being Pikmin 3.

Jucksalbe

Banned
What was the *last* numbered sequel Nintendo released? Mario Kart 8?

Star Fox Zero? Or if that doesn't count Picross 3D Round 2.

And, to take it a bit further, I wonder if this is something Nintendo are tending to do more for their multiplayer-focussed titles, since it's MK, MP and now Splatoon that are getting numbered iterations, and outside that field I can only think of a few games that get them - the last single-player one springing to mind at the moment being Pikmin 3.

They also have Xenoblade Chronicles 2 coming up. As far as we know that's not multiplayer focussed.

CEJames

Does anyone still play IronFall Invasion or at least still have it downloaded on your 3DS? Ya know, that F2P-to-start-then $10 or $20-for-full-game shooter with decent graphics(3DS standard). Came out 2 years ago.

mclem

Does anyone still play IronFall Invasion or at least still have it downloaded on your 3DS? Ya know, that F2P-to-start-then $10 or $20-for-full-game shooter with decent graphics(3DS standard). Came out 2 years ago.

I still have the trial installed, if that counts.

TEJ

My ps4 sometimes crashes in the middle of a game. Is there a good way to prevent this, or at least reduce the occurence of it happening?

It gives me some kind of error code and goes back to the dashboard.

It doesn't happen often. Once every 75 hours of game time maybe. But it is enough for me to notice.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
My ps4 sometimes crashes in the middle of a game. Is there a good way to prevent this, or at least reduce the occurence of it happening?

It gives me some kind of error code and goes back to the dashboard.

It doesn't happen often. Once every 75 hours of game time maybe. But it is enough for me to notice.

Without knowing the error code(s) you get it's impossible to answer with any accuracy.
But in general, they're game specific crashes that are up to developers to fix.

TransTrender

Gold Member
Hopefully this doesn't get lost on the last page:

I'm playing the Legend of Zelda on the NES classic and I'm wondering if there's any sort of overworld map that you can get?
The game UI suggests there's an overworld map because it indicates you location but I can't find any resources online that says there's an actual overworld map item.

Jucksalbe

Banned
I'm playing the Legend of Zelda on the NES classic and I'm wondering if there's any sort of overworld map that you can get?
No. You only get maps for the dungeons. The map indicator on the overworld is just so you have a general idea of where you are.

Edit: I think there was an incomplete one in the manual, though.

Tidalwave

The game UI suggests there's an overworld map because it indicates you location but I can't find any resources online that says there's an actual overworld map item.
The game originally came with a map so just use Google. It won't be cheating.

TransTrender

Gold Member
No. You only get maps for the dungeons. The map indicator on the overworld is just so you have a general idea of where you are.

Edit: I think there was an incomplete one in the manual, though.

OK. I remember having the map as a kid but my memory just thought it was a novelty considering I'm staring at a blank map in the corner of the UI.

Makes sense that it's just for reference.

Yeah, there are plenty of resources online so I'll use one of those.

Stencil

I have a Playstation Camera set up with my PS4. Can I use that to stream a Wii U Game? Like get the stream going on my PS4 and switch the input over to my Wii U? I'm assuming no.

PtM

Banned

I don't think so. The game was designed to have players help each other out.

Ieu

I have a Playstation Camera set up with my PS4. Can I use that to stream a Wii U Game? Like get the stream going on my PS4 and switch the input over to my Wii U? I'm assuming no.
The stream will be the frame buffer from the PS4 plus optionally the camera. At best you could use the camera to film the tv while set to your Wii U. The main screen will still be whatever PS4 game you've got running.

cantona222

I didn't play a lot of RPGs and not that familiar with genre. However, I want to try one of the 2D Final Fantasy games (Never played any 2D one). Which one do you recommend? And what version (what console)?

mclem

Although try and get the *actual* map from the game box, because a bunch of that is deliberately 'uncharted' for the player to fill in. If you've got the right one, the filled-in sections are sort-of pyramid shaped.

I didn't play a lot of RPGs and not that familiar with genre. However, I want to try one of the 2D Final Fantasy games (Never played any 2D one). Which one do you recommend? And what version (what console)?

FFIV Complete on the PSP and FFVI on the Wii VC (bonus points if you have it hooked up to a CRT). FFIV Complete has updated graphics and the After Years episodes included, so if you want a traditional version of the game I'd recommend the GBA version.

FFV is supposedly really popular too, especially on GAF, but the ideal version for that is the GBA version, which is hard to find these days.

If you enjoy the traditional/pre VII FF games, I'd recommend you try FFIX as well. They're very similar in structure.

cantona222

FFIV Complete on the PSP and FFVI on the Wii VC (bonus points if you have it hooked up to a CRT). FFIV Complete has updated graphics and the After Years episodes included, so if you want a traditional version of the game I'd recommend the GBA version.

FFV is supposedly really popular too, especially on GAF, but the ideal version for that is the GBA version, which is hard to find these days.

If you enjoy the traditional/pre VII FF games, I'd recommend you try FFIX as well. They're very similar in structure.

Thanks a lot for the detailed answer :)

Metalmarc

Is Marvel Heros a bit like Marvel Ultimate Alliance But Online?

I just bought those old two for the PS4 today having only played one briefly, but both was on sale and by coincidence see the trailer for Marvel Heroes coming gor consoles soon and thought hmm wonder if it plays the same but online and with new Characters or is there more to it?

Modoru

Is Marvel Heros a bit like Marvel Ultimate Alliance But Online?

I just bought those old two for the PS4 today having only played one briefly, but both was on sale and by coincidence see the trailer for Marvel Heroes coming gor consoles soon and thought hmm wonder if it plays the same but online and with new Characters or is there more to it?
It's a f2p Diablo clone with microtransactions, to put it simply.

Is their a method of downloading all the dlc connected to a single game on the PS4 with a single click? I brought the Arkham Knight season pass and it essentially makes all the dlc free, but you still need to click to download each one individually. All ~40 of them. I predict it would take me somewhere in the range of 15-20 minutes just going through and clicking each files so I was wondering if their was an easier method to initiate a mass download of each item for Arkham Knight on the PS4 store. I did some google searching but couldn't find a perfect answer and wanted one before I waste a fair amount of time doing it individually.

Is their a method of downloading all the dlc connected to a single game on the PS4 with a single click? I brought the Arkham Knight season pass and it essentially makes all the dlc free, but you still need to click to download each one individually. All ~40 of them. I predict it would take me somewhere in the range of 15-20 minutes just going through and clicking each files so I was wondering if their was an easier method to initiate a mass download of each item for Arkham Knight on the PS4 store. I did some google searching but couldn't find a perfect answer and wanted one before I waste a fair amount of time doing it individually.

I don't think you can. Driveclub had a ludicrous amount of DLC that I had to download individually. The good news is that once you've done it, if you delete the game and reinstall it, it'll install all your DLC too.

I guess you could try that, and delete the game data and then restore it, but I'm not 100% sure it'll work.

Jucksalbe

Banned

No. But make sure to use the web store to download them all since you can add them to your cart with one click (each). Sadly you can't have more than 10 items at once in your cart, but it's still a lot faster than doing it on console.

Does the gameboy color screen degrade over time and usage like the original?

I still use mine from time to time, but I'm starting to worry about whether I should continue or storing it the way it is now.

Top Bottom