• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This thread is for stupid GAMING questions that don't deserve their own thread

Roto13 said:
Does Trine get better past the part covered in the demo? I enjoyed the demo, and I'm considering buying the full game, but not if it's consistently only this good until the end. (If it matters, I'm talking about the PS3 version.)

I would say yes, but don't play it too much in one setting as it can get repetitive. Nevertheless its still a very good game with clever puzzles and well hidden item placements.

StuBurns

Banned
Supervlieg said:
Awesome, yet so obvious :)
To be clear, that was just a joke, despite being called the Mario brothers, there's no other suggestion that is their surname. They're only ever refereed to as Mario and Luigi.

Man

What is the advantage to Tesselation?

I see it as easy way to add more detail just by having hand-painted maps.
It adds polygonal detail and extrusion.

But let's say, in a console environment: There is only one range of assets (disregarding LOD models). Isn't it faster to just run pre-modelled (high-poly) models then to enhance lower quality models with tess mapping?

Tesselation is just more poly detail & extrusion by mapping applied to a base model?

How many versions of anti-aliasing exist? Is MLAA considered the best? Which one offers the best balance between quality and performance? How do I know which ones my graphics card supports?

Salsa

StuBurns said:
To be clear, that was just a joke, despite being called the Mario brothers, there's no other suggestion that is their surname. They're only ever refereed to as Mario and Luigi.

I still cant believe the movie actually went with this crap.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
SalsaShark said:
I still cant believe the movie actually went with this crap.
Sergeant Simon: Name.
Mario: Mario.
Sergeant Simon: Last name.
Sergeant Simon: And you?
Luigi: Luigi.
Sergeant Simon: Luigi Luigi?
Luigi: No, Luigi Mario.
Sergeant Simon: Okay how many Marios are there between the two of you?
Luigi: Three: Mario Mario and Luigi Mario.

Salsa

sykoex said:
Sergeant Simon: Name.
Sergeant Simon: Last name.
Sergeant Simon: And you?
Luigi: Luigi.
Sergeant Simon: Luigi Luigi?
Luigi: No, Luigi Mario.
Sergeant Simon: Okay how many Marios are there between the two of you?
Luigi: Three: Mario Mario and Luigi Mario.

so witty

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I'm not really sure how I should articulate this :

I have a steam account, with a bunch of games. I like having this online-library of games. But sometimes I find games that are much much cheaper in physical stores than on steam.

Let's say that I bought crysis warhead in a random gamestore ( which I did ) can I somehow someway "connect" this physical copy to my steamlibrary? Like via the cd-key or whatever, so that in the end it would be as IF I bought the game from steam itself.

Or am I just being a madman here?

Struct09

Corky said:

I have a steam account, with a bunch of games. I like having this online-library of games. But sometimes I find games that are much much cheaper in physical stores than on steam.

Let's say that I bought crysis warhead in a random gamestore ( which I did ) can I somehow someway "connect" this physical copy to my steamlibrary? Like via the cd-key or whatever, so that in the end it would be as IF I bought the game from steam itself.

There's some games that you can do this with (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-wusf-3601 ), but Crysis Warhead is not one of them.

You can put non-Steam game shortcuts in Steam and play them with the Steam overlay.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
oh cool man thanks,

Bah none of the games I've bought are supported x(, guess I'll just toss in those shortcuts then.

gblues

Banned
Wario64 said:
Why did you have to hold reset then power to save your game on NES?

I don't know for sure, but with a little knowledge of electronics I think I can deduce a good answer:

When you turn off the power on many electronic devices, there's still a little bit of current going through the system thanks to capacitors discharging. I suspect that the capacitor discharge inside the NES had the nasty effect of randomly corrupting/deleting the save data on the cartridge. Holding the reset button cuts the power to the cartridge, thus keeping the capacitor discharge from wreaking havoc.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
What the hell is a "tango" that they're always going on about in military dudebro shooters? (well obviously an enemy, but why the name "tango"?)

What ever happened to Microcabin?

Tango is the military word for the letter "T". In this case, it's short for "target". Tango down.

Hey, I'm about to run down to SuperTango, anyone need anything?

My question: Is there a central thread for TGS that I'm missing?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I need help.
I just bought a new 360 headset because my last one seemed to be busted. I can hear other players voices just fine, but mine is very quiet even at the highest volume and half the time it doesn't seem to even pick up my voice. I have tried various head sets, I made sure my volume is set at "10" in the xbox menus and I have even tried swapping controllers but in the end, my voice is still very quiet. Has any one ever had a problem with a system being shitty in this regard? Or is it normal for your voice to be really quiet in voicemails and for it not to always pick up in games?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Who's a Star Ocean lover like me?

NewFresh

djtiesto said:
What the hell is a "tango" that they're always going on about in military dudebro shooters? (well obviously an enemy, but why the name "tango"?)

The letter T means target and is represented by the word TANGO

NewFresh

Corky said:

List of games that can be linked to Steam
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601

_dementia said:
earth defence force 2017 takes place all around the world, right?
The 360 game? Unless the caves are in other countries (and there's no way to know that either way), the entire game takes place in Japan and is basically about Storm team.

taoofjord

I'm not sure I'd call this a stupid question but I can't make threads yet so:

I'm looking for difficult but fair platformer or action games with relatively simple gameplay that urge a "I know I can do better next time!" attitude. On any platform. If it's retro or a modern retro aesthetic, I'm all the happier.

I'm coming off games like VVVVVV, Bit.Trip Runner, N+, and L'abbaye de Morts. Also, freel free to recommend games that fit this category but have a little more depth to the gameplay like Viewtiful Joe and God Hand.

Anyone care to recommend some?

And, yes, I'm extremely excited for Super Meat Boy!

Also, I'm not interested in "endless" games like Canabalt and Doodle Jump where there's no end to the level.

Is there a way to play a PSN purchase on a friends PS3? I'm taking Move over to show him, and I'd like to play Tumble and Flight Control HD with him without having to carry the entire console. I know on the 360 if you download your gamertag you can download and play any Live Arcade purchases as long as you're connected to Xbox Live.

InaudibleWhispa said:
Is there a way to play a PSN purchase on a friends PS3? I'm taking Move over to show him, and I'd like to play Tumble and Flight Control HD with him without having to carry the entire console. I know on the 360 if you download your gamertag you can download and play any Live Arcade purchases as long as you're connected to Xbox Live.
Yes. Create another PSN account on his PS3 under your name. Then DL all the stuff and disassociate your PSn off his PS3 when you're done. Convulted but it works.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
BumRush said:
Why does everyone beg for a FFVII remake when an FFVI one would be infinitely better?

Probably don't want their childhood memories raped in polygonal form.

But anyway, I think that's what FFVI DS is for..if they even get to it

batbeg

taoofjord said:

I'm looking for difficult but fair platformer or action games with relatively simple gameplay that urge a "I know I can do better next time!" attitude. On any platform. If it's retro or a modern retro aesthetic, I'm all the happier.

I'm coming off games like VVVVVV, Bit.Trip Runner, N+, and L'abbaye de Morts. Also, freel free to recommend games that fit this category but have a little more depth to the gameplay like Viewtiful Joe and God Hand.

Also, I'm not interested in "endless" games like Canabalt and Doodle Jump where there's no end to the level.
Cave Story, man.

I just bought the Commandos Complete box set of all the Commandos games for PC. Since this was released in 2010, can I assume that the set incorporates any patches that were made since the games were originally released?

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
taoofjord said:

Definitely Cave Story like batbeg said.

Do you own an NES? If so, get the homebrew game Battle Kid: Fortress of Peril.

Jomjom

Banned
Gold star for anyone who knows the answer to this. When did Sony first switch over to those flimsy PS2 cases that have the "PS" logo in place of the memory card holder above where the disc sits? Anyone know the first game that used these cases?

Top Bottom