• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This thread is for stupid GAMING questions that don't deserve their own thread

TL4E

Which version of Sonic 3 is best? I'm limited to Mega Collection (gc), 360/Wii downloads, and whatever else I might be missing that is on said systems.

TL4E said:
Which version of Sonic 3 is best? I'm limited to Mega Collection (gc), 360/Wii downloads, and whatever else I might be missing that is on said systems.

I'm pretty sure Mega Collection is the only version of those that can be combined with Sonic and Knuckles.

I just bought Duke Nukem 3D off GOG. Is there a way I can change the controls so it's more like modern FPSs? Or should I play it like Doom without the mouse?

bjork

bjork said:
I bought Test Drive Unlimited for the PC, and I'm trying to map the buttons to a 360 controller. Is there some easy way, like a patch or something, where it will just automatically set it up to the 360 control layout for me?

Bump for the new week. Anyone?

Also, I did that SNES mod, it really is a snap.

Anyone know what happened to Metroid SR:388? They released a trailer about a year and a half ago, then disappeared off the face of the earth late last year. It looked pretty awesome (as most fangame precut trailers do, but I digress)

DonMigs85

lyre said:
Completely easy SNES modification that even a 10 year old can do.

1: Take your US SNES. (unplugged obviously)
2: Get a sharp knife and a good source of heat (like an open flame).
3: Push down the cart reader cover and find two thin plastic tabs on the inside.
4: Heat your knife and cut out the thin tabs found near the cart reader (try not to touch the reader with the knife).
5: After the tabs are removed, just line up the exposed chip of your SuperFami carts with the SNES cart reader and insert as usual.
6: Turn on, have fun and you saved yourself a few bucks my mutilating your SNES.

Image for reference.
Wz54y.jpg
This same trick also works for Japanese N64s. It's much harder to cut out the tabs in the US console since they're in the corners.

Phoenixus

GurgleBot20 said:
I'm pretty sure Mega Collection is the only version of those that can be combined with Sonic and Knuckles.
Nah, the virtual console edition can too, provided you buy both Sonic 3 and S&K separate. Mega collection would probably work out cheaper though.

lyre

DonMigs85 said:
This same trick also works for Japanese N64s. It's much harder to cut out the tabs in the US console since they're in the corners.
Well, for US N64s, it's easier to open the bitch up (with a bic pen and fire if you don't want to pay for a gamebit) and remove those tabs altogether, since the tabs are on a completely separate piece that's only screwed onto the board (iirc). Sure the spring of the cart reader cover won't hold up anymore, but that's where dusting your friggin room comes into play. :p

Of course, you can just buy a gamegenie/shark/whatever and mutilate that instead (same for SNES gamegenie).

Rlan

Phoenixus said:
Nah, the virtual console edition can too, provided you buy both Sonic 3 and S&K separate. Mega collection would probably work out cheaper though.

The Xbox Live Arcade versions of Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles can connect as well -- but you have to buy them separately for 400MSP each. Mega Collection can also, but you have to unlock it through the most stupid bullshit ever (Play Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Sonic & Knuckles 20 times each.)

Suppose this is better than the off topic version:

Looking to get myself a 16gig usb stick to transfer films ect from the pc to my PS3 since my external HDD suddenly blew up the other day (big bright flash too). Now i already have a cheap one but it isnt recognised by the PS3, for one to work does it just need to have plug and play or are there any other conditions that it needs?

StuBurns

Banned
Dirtyshubb said:
Suppose this is better than the off topic version:

Looking to get myself a 16gig usb stick to transfer films ect from the pc to my PS3 since my external HDD suddenly blew up the other day (big bright flash too). Now i already have a cheap one but it isnt recognised by the PS3, for one to work does it just need to have plug and play or are there any other conditions that it needs?
Can't help with your question, but be aware that the PS3 is FAT32 only so no files over 4GB are going to work.

I can't add a credit card to my Xbox Live account even though the information is correct. I'm no longer using my old credit card connected to my Gold account which expires in November. The support website says I can't remove a card with a Gold subscription on it but I can add a new one; but I can't. I just ordered a 12-month card on Amazon. Will I be able to add a new credit card after I renew my gold account or until it expires in November?

HYDE

Banned
Can anyone tell me if the new Xbox 360 slim (4 gb) can play the original Xbox games?
If not, can an external harddrive be used, or does it have to be an internal one?

Why is Amazon recommending I buy "Z.H.P. Unlosing Ranger Darkdeath Evilman" for the PSP, and more importantly, what the hell is that name about?

_dementia said:
Does the Japanese version of God Hand still have English voice acting?
Hardcore Gaming 101 said:
God Hand is also another case where the Japanese version features English voice acting with Japanese subtitles. Right off the bat, you can tell that the Japanese subs are vastly different from the English dialog. One cutscene features a guitar-wielding maniac screaming "Long live the guitar!" with the subtitles stating in english "I LOVE GUITAR!"
Source
EDIT: Should mention the ending credits are in Japanese in the Japanese version, English in the NA version.

Mike M

Nick N
ChoklitReign said:
I can't add a credit card to my Xbox Live account even though the information is correct. I'm no longer using my old credit card connected to my Gold account which expires in November. The support website says I can't remove a card with a Gold subscription on it but I can add a new one; but I can't. I just ordered a 12-month card on Amazon. Will I be able to add a new credit card after I renew my gold account or until it expires in November?
I had this same problem. I eventually had to add a third card, transfer the account to that, then delete my unused card. Customer service was completely useless in getting anything resolved, and I was never able to get the card authorized.

ultron87

What's my current best option for getting a new set of Rock Band instruments to upgrade from RB1 stuff?

Is it just going to a game store and finding a leftover big box? I'd like to at least get new Drums and a Guitar. (Will be getting the RB3 + Keyboard pack as well).

Zissou

I remember maybe a year ago or so seeing a video of some indie space mmo where you could fly seamlessly from the solar system to the surface of a planet- it was really amazing, especially considering it was an indie game. Does anyone know what it was called or have a link to the video or anything?

Ezalc

I need the assistance of somebody who has a US PS3 and lives in Brazil, anybody know of a gaf member who could help me out?

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Loxley said:
Holy shit, never heard of this before but I'm extremely impressed o_O If the game was about nothing but seamless space-to-planet exploration like that I'd play it. Thanks for posting this, definitely keeping an eye on this one now.
Yeah I'd be all for Microsoft Flight Simulator in space.

does anyone know if a 12 month xbox 1 , live card work with a 360 system?

i think i heard that the old xbox 1 xbox live cards don't work for the xbox 360.

the ones that usually come in these boxes, i saw one for $3 and wanted to know
so i can pick it up.

B0000DBHIG.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Gravijah

friskykillface said:
does anyone know if a 12 month xbox 1 , live card work with a 360 system?

i think i heard that the old xbox 1 xbox live cards don't work for the xbox 360.

the ones that usually come in these boxes, i saw one for $3 and wanted to know
so i can pick it up.

B0000DBHIG.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

It's 3 dollars man, just try it out. :lol

terrdactycalsrock said:
i did but it still wont run :(. but a small square black box is appearing tiny symbols. does that have to do with anything?

Hmm. Could try uninstalling it and installing the downloadable version from Battle.Net?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Well, don't they expire at some point? If so, it would probably no good even if the old cards were still valid.

Reknoc said:
Bag of Holding.
I once put a one inside another while playing DnD on paper... my DM was not amused.

-So, why the fuck so many people play WoW? Friends of mine who I thought were normal turned out they all of a sudden got sucked into this game and all i hear is them talking about is 'dps', 'mats', and shit like being home in time for 'raids'. Serious question, it's driving me crazy.

Ok, i have a very stupid question about my xbox that i have never asked anyone because i always assumed it was just my set up but didn't bother fixing it.

I have a fat 360 connected through hdmi to a panasonic plasma in 1080. The NXE looks nice and sharp, but all 'images' from the games marketplace are horrendously low res pics. Games look fine besides that. Is that standard (and if so, why can't microsoft be arsed to put nice images of their games instead of that shit?), or is it a bug - and has anyone heard of it.
Again, besides those images, everything looks great and sharp. The menus, the games.

Loxley said:
Holy shit, never heard of this before but I'm extremely impressed o_O If the game was about nothing but seamless space-to-planet exploration like that I'd play it. Thanks for posting this, definitely keeping an eye on this one now.

Yeah I've been following this game for the last couple of years. I remember watching that demo when he posted it, and was like ... just let me have what you've got working there please, I could happily fly around in that for hours :lol

Alright, I managed to secure a PS2 copy of MGS3 Subsistence but I don't have a PS2 at the moment. I'm planning to get a slim soon.

Is there a way for me to run MGS3 off an HDD on the PS2, I don't want to tax the disc to much, silly i know... :lol

OneMoreQuestion said:
Alright, I managed to secure a PS2 copy of MGS3 Subsistence but I don't have a PS2 at the moment. I'm planning to get a slim soon.

Is there a way for me to run MGS3 off an HDD on the PS2, I don't want to tax the disc to much, silly i know... :lol
You can run games off an external HDD with HD Loader. I don't know if it's compatible with MGS3:S. You could also rip an image of the disc and play it through a PS2 emulator for the PC.

OK, stupid question, but when someone is a publisher of a game, does that mean they just handle manufacturing of the disks/packaging? Or are they involved in some way with the actual development or something.

opticalmace said:
OK, stupid question, but when someone is a publisher of a game, does that mean they just handle manufacturing of the disks/packaging? Or are they involved in some way with the actual development or something.

You usualy provides things like international translation teams and worldwide marketing teams.

opticalmace said:
Publishers also fund and promote games. If they pay the bills they also have a say in which direction the developers should take their work.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
What was the context of the Reggie "Not my problem" gif? What was help taking about, and to who, when it came up.

Drkirby said:
What was the context of the Reggie "Not my problem" gif? What was help taking about, and to who, when it came up.
"To date, global sellthrough for Nintendo DS stands at over 5 million, or more than twice the level for the PSP. Now, I know what some of you are thinking: "Well, the PSP hasn't arrived in Europe yet." So we got there when we said we would, and they didn't. You know what? That's Sony's issue, not my problem." (Reggie Fils-Aime, E3 2005)

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Supervlieg said:
Didnt get an answer in OT, so I'll try here. Why doesnt GAF do polls?

They used to allow poll threads but they must have gotten removed for being used too much or something.

Top Bottom