• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Those awful right-wing Facebook pics your friends/family share

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
A tip: anything from the Christian for Michelle Bachmann group is a troll.

Well Hamilton was never president, so....

Neither was Franklin, and Jackson is a piece of garbage so we're basically at half of the standard paper currency not having presidents on it.

13051761_2069005676657251_8675319146126528984_n.jpg

Aselith

Not an image but...

http://patriotjournal.com/student-ashamed-republican-father-he-said-this-she-saw-the-light/

A young woman was about to finish her first year of college. Like so many others her age, she considered herself to be a very liberal Democrat, and was very much in favor of the redistribution of wealth.

She was deeply ashamed that her father was a rather staunch Republican, a feeling she openly expressed. Based on the lectures that she had participated in, and the occasional chat with a professor, she felt that her father had for years harbored an evil, selfish desire to keep what he thought should be his.

One day she was challenging her father on his opposition to higher taxes on the rich and the addition of more government welfare programs. The self-professed objectivity proclaimed by her professors had to be the truth and she indicated so to her father. He responded by asking how she was doing in school.

Taken aback, she answered rather haughtily that she had a 4.0 GPA, and let him know that it was tough to maintain, insisting that she was taking a very difficult course load and was constantly studying, which left her no time to go out and party like other people she knew. She didn’t even have time for a boyfriend, and didn’t really have many college friends because she spent all her time studying.

Her father listened and then asked, “How is your friend Audrey doing?” She replied, “Audrey is barely getting by. All she takes are easy classes, she never studies, and she barely has a 2.0 GPA. She is so popular on campus; college for her is a blast. She’s always invited to all the parties, and lots of times she doesn’t even show up for classes because she’s too hung over.”

Her wise father asked his daughter, “Why don’t you go to the Dean’s office and ask him to deduct a 1.0 off your GPA and give it to your friend who only has a 2.0. That way you will both have a 3.0 GPA and certainly that would be a fair and equal distribution of GPA.”

The daughter, visibly shocked by her father’s suggestion, angrily fired back, “That wouldn’t be fair! I have worked really hard for my grades! I’ve invested a lot of time, and a lot of hard work! Audrey has done next to nothing toward her degree. She played while I worked my tail off!”

The father slowly smiled, winked and said gently, “Welcome to the Republican party.”

Checkmate atheirsts

Retro

Yeah, there's too much garbage in that list to even start trying to unpack all of it, let alone start defining it. There are some that are intentionally vague ("Mass Murders" could include or exclude any number of things; it probably includes mass shootings but not acts of terrorism which means Bush doesn't have 9/11 on his tally), others that are oddly specific ("Missionaries killed by Somali pirates") and some that are just the usual laughable bullshit. Transgender people have always used public bathrooms; the 'confusion' is on a result of Republican state houses trying to restrict access, Bush's invasion of Iraq was directly responsible for the creation of ISIS, etc.

M.Bluth

Yeah, there's too much garbage in that list to even start trying to unpack all of it, let alone start defining it. There are some that are intentionally vague ("Mass Murders" could include or exclude any number of things; it probably includes mass shootings but not acts of terrorism which means Bush doesn't have 9/11 on his tally), others that are oddly specific ("Missionaries killed by Somali pirates") and some that are just the usual laughable bullshit. Transgender people have always used public bathrooms; the 'confusion' is on a result of Republican state houses trying to restrict access, Bush's invasion of Iraq was directly responsible for the creation of ISIS, etc.

Yeah, I don't know when will those morons realize that ISIS is just a rebranded AlQaeda in Iraq and Syria.

Do I even need to explain the context?
It's weird how the right-wing who are up in arms about this obsess over the whole 'man in women's bathroom' but seem to ignore the other way around. I guess men are scarier? Or their women and daughters need protecting from scary men?

It's sound logic though, those sex offenders have just been waiting for going into a woman's toilet to be legal so they could commit crimes. (That's sarcasm).

It's weird how the right-wing who are up in arms about this obsess over the whole 'man in women's bathroom' but seem to ignore the other way around. I guess men are scarier? Or their women and daughters need protecting from scary men?

It's sound logic though, those sex offenders have just been waiting for going into a woman's toilet to be legal so they could commit crimes. (That's sarcasm).

The absolutely ridiculous thing about this is that it was never illegal in the first place. Republicans are butthurt over all the attention the LGBT civil rights movement is getting at the national level, they are lashing out with stupid crazy laws.

The whole thing with the hate towards Target is nuts. They never had a rule against trangender people using the bathroom they associate themselves with. With all the hate these republican controlled states are spewing, Target just decided to speak out on the matter and make a company wide ruling that didn't actually change anything.

This thread is a bastion of sanity.

lol @ right wing cry of censorship at FB

piss off wankers I see this shit on my FB feed whenever I visit FB (rarely)

Crack down on right wing memes.

fates

Just saw one that took me aback

It said:

"The problem wasn't the one guy with the gun, it was the 103 people without them."

Yeeaaaah....

Retro

Yeah, expect to be unpacking a ton of that kind of insanity over the next few weeks due to Orlando. Though I wonder if there will be less of these insane pictures floating around because it was a gay nightclub that was targeted and some of these folks think that's a good thing. Or will their need to defend their guns at all costs outweigh their urges to kick the LGBT community when it's down?

Just saw one that took me aback

It said:

"The problem wasn't the one guy with the gun, it was the 103 people without them."

Yeeaaaah....
What's wrong with that? 103 people in a room shooting an unknown assailant whilst presumably drunk and in a dark place with flashing lights and loud music couldn't possibly go wrong!

This came from someone I've known since high school who is typically left on social issues and has never owned a gun in her life. But she recently married a Southern fellar and I think he sold her some goods about the good ol' good-guy-with-a-gun fantasy:

I stand behind you in line at the store with a smile on my face...and a gun under my shirt and you are none the wiser, yet you are safer for having me next to you. I won't shoot you. My gun won't pull it's own trigger. It is securely holstered with the trigger covered. It can't just go off. However, rest assured that if a lunatic walks into the grocery store and pulls out a rifle, I will draw my pistol and protect myself and my family and therefore protect you and your family. I may get shot before I can pull the trigger...but, I won't die in a helpless blubbering heap on the floor begging for my life. No, if I die it will be in a pile of spent shell casings. I won't be that victim. I choose not to be. As for you, I don't ask you to carry a gun. If you are not comfortable, then please don't. But I would like to keep my right to choose to not be a helpless victim. There is evil in the world and if evil has a gun, I want one too...
Copy and paste if you believe this too....

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
This came from someone I've known since high school who is typically left on social issues and has never owned a gun in her life. But she recently married a Southern fellar and I think he sold her some goods about the good ol' good-guy-with-a-gun fantasy:
yet you are safer for having me next to you. I won't shoot you. My gun won't pull it's own trigger. It is securely holstered with the trigger covered. I
That exactly what a bad guy would want me to think!

Pizza

as someone who is strictly in the middle, holy fuck the posters in this thread as well as the images linked

I mean jesus fucking christ at both sides

This so hard. Making the democratic system into a team-based feces throwing contest is dumb and awful. I live in Texas and honestly my feed is mostly the liberal equivalent of a lot of this stuff. Everyone should be ashamed of themselves.

Christine

If you want to do a "both sides" post you should just do it. At the very least wasn't there something less than two years old that you could've gotten hard about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom