• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Those awful right-wing Facebook pics your friends/family share

Status
Not open for further replies.
Election special!

REK7Txj.png

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So it turns out Chris Bores (better known as the Irate Gamer) is a far-right nutjob. On election day he posted that Clinton runs a pedophile ring and that the voting booths were rigged.

Today, he posted this image.

Considering he's currently running a channel for kids (Minecraft Puppet Steve), I'm sure parents would love to know he's doing disturbing garbage like this.

I've learned something from Facebook in the last couple of days: apparently, one is supposed to respect the office of the presidency, not matter who sits behind the desk. Huh.

Cepheus

Oh God, don't even start. I lived in a city with a large Muslim population and (out of about five subways) one did the halal thing and people lost their tiny, intolerant minds. The city i was living in at the time was mostly white and as such our subways remained non-Halal but I still saw a lot of shite over Facebook.

Then I think people started turning on Pizza Express? They'd been halal since basically forever but people actually cared now. It was beyond stupid.

Fake edit: I made a thread about it:
Halalgate Continues in UK - Behold the unstoppable "Islamification of food"

Wow, I didn't know about the Pizza Express thing. Reading the thread, it doesn't surprise me that the Sun picked up on it at all. I'm still livid at the '1 in 5 Muslims support ISIS' headline they ran earlier this year. The fact that the Sun's still the most-read newspaper in the UK scares me.

PillarEN

Female Trump voter shared this on my feed.

Sadly it checks out. Occupy Democrats sure come off like idiots for stating that in the first place.

Now of course this little addition is basically asking for the same thing on the right wing side. I like the smug little Liberty bell and "Don't tread on me" snake being added.

Dpo1VUa.jpg

yeah wheres the thank you for enslaving you and fighting a war over your ownership

This is the exact type of person who thinks slaves were given a good meal and a hot bed and the singular thing wrong was that on paper, they were owned by other people. No knowledge of the rapes, no knowledge of they beating and lynchings, no knowledge of the slaves who died on the trips over here, no knowledge of dying from over work, no knowledge of using biblical justification to justify it to the slaves as much as the owners, and no knowledge of the same slaves who participated in the war for their own freedom. At least I hope because I don't doubt that their are people out there that know every single one of these and would still post this. That person is even more frightening.

PillarEN

My favorite right wing girl comes through again with another stupid picture that she liked:

I like how this one is tied to Hillary. It's the combination of "evil Hillary" and "black lives don't matter". But when you step away from all this and view it as an outsider from another planet it's just a sad picture with lots of pointless rage. I mean really it's essentially tying 4 things together that are not really connected other than being relevant in the media for the last 2 years. If you were to examine this without any bias (or even care or sympathy) you can tell it's just a little bundle of hate. It must be exhausting getting worked up over such things to even consider liking such a post.

P.S. I don't have the numbers but there were also plenty of non-blacks who were shot down by police. I don't know their names either. Frankly I've forgotten Michael Brown's name too at this point. But yeah it's a mix of "black lives don't matter", "blue lives matter", "Hillary is corrupt" and "librul media". Rush Limbaugh approved haha

PillarEN

My two go to sources are rather quiet.

The asian man is now into posting articles about anti-Trump people acting a fool (nice job dude who burnt his own church and that student at UofM. You should have known how quick people are to cling to those who cry wolf).

Meanwhile with Hillary being out of the picture, the white woman poster who was on a roll the last few months has moved on to posting things about charitable events and different pro community things (the election really does make people go crazy sometimes and then they revert to a more sane version of themselves).

But just because I don't have enough shitty friends doesn't mean you don't!!! C'mon GAF. You telling me you haven't seem some hilarious stupid shit in the last month? Let's give this thread some life. I wanna good laugh like I get in the Funny Pictures OT.

Ogodei

Steven Crowder

Saw a friend like something the guy posted. Crowder is a gold mine. All the pictures on his Facebook page fit right in here.

He used to voice this guy hahaha

The appropriate rebuttal to the "vote" one is to ask "so what is the GOP doing to protect voting rights?"

I know in a lot of cases replying to these is like shouting at a wall, but since people post these things for mastubatory self-congratulation purposes, challenging it is a way to rain on their parade and bring them off that high, so it's worth poking holes in the argument.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I need to figure out what to come back with because he really really believes that the Democrats who are fighting against hatred are the people in the wrong.

BTW, yes I do plan on tweeting that every day. Childish? I don't think so. Hopefully it weeds out the horrible people on my feed, even if they are people I know in real life.

BTW, yes I do plan on tweeting that every day. Childish? I don't think so. Hopefully it weeds out the horrible people on my feed, even if they are people I know in real life.

It would just have me unfollowing your feed if you were my friend, but whatever you need to do. Perhaps it would be better to share one article (be it critical of Trump of shining a positive light on others), rather than posting something that will feel tired after a week, never mind 4 years. If you're repeating the exact same shit with no effort, you become background noise - easier to dismiss, easier to ignore.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
It would just have me unfollowing your feed if you were my friend, but whatever you need to do. Perhaps it would be better to share one article (be it critical of Trump of shining a positive light on others), rather than posting something that will feel tired after a week, never mind 4 years. If you're repeating the exact same shit with no effort, you become background noise - easier to dismiss, easier to ignore.
And thats exactly what I want to accomplish actually.

I'd say maybe 3 or 4 of my FB friends are outspoken Trump supporters. I don't give a shit about what they think anymore. They did it to us for 8 years, I'm sure they don't mind getting a taste of the same medicine, unfortunately it costs a lot because they no longer have healthcare.

And thats exactly what I want to accomplish actually.

I'd say maybe 3 or 4 of my FB friends are outspoken Trump supporters. I don't give a shit about what they think anymore. They did it to us for 8 years, I'm sure they don't mind getting a taste of the same medicine, unfortunately it costs a lot because they no longer have healthcare.

I'm saying you'll be turning everyone off from your feed, no matter their political viewpoint. You can shout, but no-one will be listening.

IF these stats are true, I would consider this reasonable. If only the political discourse was typically this well reasoned.

I believe they are true, but they are cherry picked stats to make him look bad. Nobody gave a shit about the (steadily declining) participation rate until unemployment went down under Obama.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I'm saying you'll be turning everyone off from your feed, no matter their political viewpoint. You can shout, but no-one will be listening.
Yeah on second thought I decided to just block the worst offenders (Blocked 3 people whose only interaction with me has always been political) instead. But I'm still going to tweet and post my anger about Trump. it's my right as a citizen. And we had to put up with their shit for 8 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom