• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

deoee

RmIiQlN.png

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
RIP first person embarks and executions

I remember playing the 360 version for the first time and telling myself "I will never get tired of this"

I never did

:(((((

It's really odd. I played the 360 version for about 20 hours in total. I was bored of the game after about 10-15 then dropped it completely 5 or so hours later. I'm 30 or so hours into TF2 MP and I still have a hard-on for it. Not sure what the difference is.

First person embarking is way better though :)

jorgejjvr

For new page

Hey guys, I'm having another big Titanfall with gaf party planned for today.

At 7:30 Pm eastern.

Last time we got a full lobby, hopefully we can do it again tonight. If interested, please add me, and I can also add you to the psn group we have.

Psn: jorgejjvr

About 2 and a half hours from now.

We are also on the neogaf network

Vipu

Banned
And that's the right way to see it.

There are issues but I think 90% of players do not notice them.

Thats how every game works, for me at least.
You dont see the issues until you have played a lot and know how everything works.

You dont see the issues until you have played a lot and know how everything works.

Seriously.

90% of the Overwatch player base couldn't understand why people were demanding changes to Lucio and Zenyatta.

The fact that they haven't put enough time in at a high enough level to experience the flaws with the meta game does not mean those flaws do not exist.

If they aren't capable of feeling the problems with the meta as it stands, they won't even recognize the changes made to fix the problem. They are a sum neutral party,

Seriously.

90% of the Overwatch player base couldn't understand why people were demanding changes to Lucio and Zenyatta.

The fact that they haven't put enough time in at a high enough level to experience the flaws with the meta game does not mean those flaws do not exist.

If they aren't capable of feeling the problems with the meta as it stands, they won't even recognize the changes made to fix the problem. They are a sum neutral party,

I'm not sure what you're trying to say; is there something wrong with not knowing the full meta of a game? A lot of people aren't in it to be competitive, and instead just play to have fun. Are you discounting their experiences because they haven't spent the same amount of time in a game?

Arrrammis

I'm not sure what you're trying to say; is there something wrong with not knowing the full meta of a game? A lot of people aren't in it to be competitive, and instead just play to have fun. Are you discounting their experiences because they haven't spent the same amount of time in a game?

For a game like overwatch, which has a fairly large competitive scene and multiple hundred thousand dollar tournaments? Yes, the balancing should be focused around the highest competitive level, and people who haven't spent as much time playing are usually not in that group. If someone has a favorite hero, any change short of Symmetra's rework will give them some pause, but it won't radically change their playstyle.For the competitive community, 1/10th of a second longer on an ability or a 5% change in damage output can cause a huge change in strategy.

For a game like Titanfall 2, which has a few small competitions but is mainly a pick up and play game? No. There are a few exceptions (Hemlock, Devotion, and Tone are all universally OP in almost any level of play- If a Tone player and a Ronin/legion/northstar/etc. of exactly equal skill, Tone will win or it will be a tie), but in general the game shouldn't be balanced to any one level. Northstar will never be effective in the hands of an inexperienced player, Kraber/double take/ other long range weapons that require precision hits on moving targets won't be used as much either, spitfire isn't used much over other weapons in higher level play (that I've seen), etc. etc.. That's something to be said for keeping some weapons easy to use for new players, and overall I think respawn has done a pretty good job of doing that!

As I said, they and their experiences are a sum neutral.

If they are not advanced or aware enough to recognize the problems, they will not feel the effects of the solutions either. Frankly, short of being directed to patch notes, they likely wouldn't even notice changes were made. They'd just continue being bad and having only a peripheral understanding of the mechanics, regardless of any changes.

A developer can freely address the balance issues in a game with little thought paid to this group, as their experience will almost certainly remain near constant.

The issues are predominantly felt by experienced and high level players. The fixes will be as well, short of a colossal fuck up.

For a game like overwatch, which has a fairly large competitive scene and multiple hundred thousand dollar tournaments? Yes, the balancing should be focused around the highest competitive level, and people who haven't spent as much time playing are usually not in that group. If someone has a favorite hero, any change short of Symmetra's rework will give them some pause, but it won't radically change their playstyle.For the competitive community, 1/10th of a second longer on an ability or a 5% change in damage output can cause a huge change in strategy.

For a game like Titanfall 2, which has a few small competitions but is mainly a pick up and play game? No. There are a few exceptions (Hemlock, Devotion, and Tone are all universally OP in almost any level of play- If a Tone player and a Ronin/legion/northstar/etc. of exactly equal skill, Tone will win or it will be a tie), but in general the game shouldn't be balanced to any one level. Northstar will never be effective in the hands of an inexperienced player, Kraber/double take/ other long range weapons that require precision hits on moving targets won't be used as much either, spitfire isn't used much over other weapons in higher level play (that I've seen), etc. etc.. That's something to be said for keeping some weapons easy to use for new players, and overall I think respawn has done a pretty good job of doing that!

This is true, but none of the meta game discussion has involved ANY demands to change these weapons. The R201, the CAR, nobody has issue with these weapons.

The weapons advanced players have issue with are weapons with a low skill bar but a high efficacy (Devotion, Hemlock, Tone), while the 'easy to use' utility weapons are those with a low skill bar but a moderate efficacy (R201, CAR, Ion, etc).

SwolBro

Banned
Frothy's competitive CTF Highlights

;/

honestly, Bounty Hunt would be far more spectator friendly and would have more callouts etc.
You're insane. Those highlights are wonderful and shows why CTF is the best mode.

People who use nuke should be banned
No, nuke+ronin is a nice combo. It's a nice way to balance the low health.

As a casual player of this game (play about 2-4 Attrition matches most days, slowly working my way through G2) I kinda wonder why I even follow this thread. I think unless you take this game pretty seriously these complaints don't even register. I get killed by all kinds of weapons, I see a variety of Titans, I can't even remember having a match where turrets were some kind of major issue. I still think the game is a blast.
You need to reach a certain level of play, or play a lot to start noticing the issues. Coming in and playing for a bit from time to time you won't notice anything.

Thunderbolt is far better that MGL imo.

The range and faf mechanic is awesome. Builds your Titan meter like it's nothing.
not even close but i do enjoy using the thunderbolt, it's fun.

Charge Rifle with amped weapons boost or a-wall
Yeah, that's my LTS pilot build. A-wall+charge rifle

I think I need to switch from the Charge Rifle to the MGL.
MGL for aggressive playstyles for sure. It's what i run in ctf and pretty much every mode with a titan in it outside of LTS though.

these dudes JUST got back in the office. we won't get an update until the end of the month at the earliest.

exactly.

Haven't played much since angel city launched, any major buffs or nerfs? Do assists finally count towards titan and weapon progression again?

sasliquid

So I'm really starting to get into the multiplayer now

Questions: am I bad for using Tone and mostly playing Attrition? Are these easy options cos I'm consistently getting in the top 3 positions, often 1st despite being on the losing team. I don't mean to humble brag but am I being cheap?

Haven't played much since angel city launched, any major buffs or nerfs? Do assists finally count towards titan and weapon progression again?

Nothing since the patch

Questions: am I bad for using Tone and mostly playing Attrition? Are these easy options cos I'm consistently getting in the top 3 positions, often 1st despite being on the losing team. I don't mean to humble brag but am I being cheap?

Nope
Tone is very easy to pick up and play. There are issues some people have but I wouldn't call her cheap.

Nukes. Those are cheap.

Tone is generally considered the most potent or versatile Titan. She's the Halo 1 pistol. Other Titans might be slightly better in very specific scenarios or in superior players' hands, but Tone is powerful in pretty much every scenario, and if player skill is equal, she'll come out the winner.

I don't think it's cheap to use her, just be aware that she's the Titan that requires the least thought put in for the most efficacy coming out.

Attrition is the most popular mode. Nothing wrong with playing it.

deoee

Thx to Izuna (who got a PS4 and Tf2) I can play with you PS4 guys :)

I'm still downloading, I suck massively with a controller, but feel free to add me to TitanGaf Com etc. deoee0

Calderc

New 'Worst thing I've ever seen in the game' happened tonight.

Dude on top of a fucking tree on Homestead with the Devotion. Fuck you dude, just fuck you.

deoee

Tintanfall still has some legs to it. Tiny legs, but legs.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/ApplsSauce/video/25502580

All the aiming adjustments I made on my Elite controller for TF2 really fuck my aiming up in the first one, and it is not that good to begin with. Still though anyone wanting to wax nostalgic you can still find a game of Attrition in the US with relative ease.

Haha that aim :D

But HOLY SHIT I forgot how awesome the backgrounds looked in Tf1...
I really hope they go all out on the DLC maps.

jorgejjvr

I'll be back as soon as this comes back

Sorry guys, must be my Comcast for some reason

Ggs so far

I'm definitely better at pilot combat so far, need to work on Titan

I was ahead in score until Titan time

I'm from NA, what's your id KingV?

psn: jorgejjvr

Arrrammis

I'll be back as soon as this comes back

Sorry guys, must be my Comcast for some reason

Ggs so far

I'm definitely better at pilot combat so far, need to work on Titan

I was ahead in score until Titan time

I'm from NA, what's your id?

Opposite for me, scrubbing it up until Northstar hit the ground :p

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Haha that aim :D

But HOLY SHIT I forgot how awesome the backgrounds looked in Tf1...
I really hope they go all out on the DLC maps.

Yeah I'm not nearly as good as most of the people in this thread but even for me that is some really bad aiming lol.

No glowing red pilots is also pretty jarring to go back to after playing TF2 for a few months. I wish they'd ditch that

deoee

Yeah I'm not nearly as good as most of the people in this thread but even for me that is some really bad aiming lol.

No glowing red pilots is also pretty jarring to go back to after playing TF2 for a few months. I wish they'd ditch that

I'm just trying the Gauntlet on console and believe me, I'm not any better ^^

Top Bottom