• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

IMO, you should save your Sonar for when a Titan deploys Electric Smoke (it'll let you seem them through it lol), or if they're in their dome (less, Tone is the ONLY Titan who can take advantage of a Titan in a dome...) --

You can still use the Tracker Rockets if you have 3 locks, even if it doesn't show up on screen.

In my opinion, you should try to avoid battles with Tone as a Tone. Even if you win (which you might not if they have the better Wall and you don't etc.) you'll likely trade.

Ofc. use your smoke for Pilots, but use your smoke for when Titans want to dash through your Wall. It's SUPER predictable. You'll always get a Salvo Core after winning one fight, so use it to get the jump on another Titan.

As for Pilots... I don't know what to say. You'll get the hang of it.

Lol but there's SO MANY of them ^^; 2 out of every 3 fights as a Tone is with another Tone lol. So it's like we both set up particle walls and just stare at every other lol.

Oh, the Smoke+Wall trick sound neat, I should do that next. Though I always want to save my smoke for pilots though.

E92 M3

The solution is not to nerf the most popular Titan. That is how Bungie balances. Buff what is lagging behind.

Some other Titans need a little loving. Also, I'd consider Ion more dangerous than Tone in the right hands.

Izuna

Banned
Lol but there's SO MANY of them ^^; 2 out of every 3 fights as a Tone is with another Tone lol. So it's like we both set up particle walls and just stare at every other lol.

Oh, the Smoke+Wall trick sound neat, I should do that next. Though I always want to save my smoke for pilots though.

You'll get your smoke back.

--

Trance, my final opinion is that these loadout were poorly designed. So many of them can either be OP or too weak *cough* Legion *cough*.

I feel like I'd be nerfing myself picking anything other than Hemlock, Devotion or Tone.

Tbh, I had always treated R1 as a game I'd just play and jam to. I never cared too much about the meta, because I guess for some reason this game is super easy in public games.

My issue with Tone, is that she's boring to play as and to fight against because of that Wall. I think for a game that won't ever be esports... I don't like that stuck us with these Titan classes, especially since there's so much unbalance.

The sand box is gone, as well as the illusion of a battlefield. I suppose, all there's left to do is wait for the next update.

Izuna

Banned
I still think Northstar and Tone should switch the tether for the shield.

Edit:

Can you explain that? I thought you only had one charge of smoke unless using the Titan kit for two.

I think every 30% or so, you get another one. I have overlapped Smokes without the kit before. I think the kit just lets them stack.

Izuna

Banned
I'm angry that the one game mode that wasn't a Tone fest is dead :(

I want Bounty Hunt to be option 1 again pls.

deoee

Before Uni and after hours are my main playtimes though. :|

Yesterday in the dev stream which was 3am-5am in Germany they had 17-18k people online on Xbox. I find it hard to believe you can not get into matches in Bounty Hunt.
They were able to play Mixtape 8v8 without any problem

KodaRuss

The solution is not to nerf the most popular Titan. That is how Bungie balances. Buff what is lagging behind.

Some other Titans need a little loving. Also, I'd consider Ion more dangerous than Tone in the right hands.

Sometimes nerfs are deserved though. The damn hammers for Titans in Destiny were out of control for way too long. This comparison is not a 1 to 1 but I would say it is similiar because we saw tons more Titans in PVP after the drop just like we do with Tones.

We have 6 Titans, 4 are fine, 1 is likely the worst and 1 is likely the best. So a nerf and a buff is the most logical choice. Not 1 huge buff and 4 regular buffs.

To beat a Tone one on one takes a very good Ion or a very good Ronin. Most likely the Ronin is doomed or close to it when the fight is over as well. Meanwhile the Tone just needs to have a basic understanding of the mechanics. Unless they get their salvo core, then the Tone wins every time.

Izuna

Banned
Yesterday in the dev stream which was 3am-5am in Germany they had 17-18k people online on Xbox. I find it hard to believe you can not get into matches in Bounty Hunt.
They were able to play Mixtape 8v8 without any problem

No way you had 17-18k at that time. Bounty Hunt has 0 in it for London. Maybe that was WW.

Greddleok

Confession time : When I first started playing with Ronin I kept using the melee button during sword core instead of RT, lol. I was like wtf is this shit. But I'm an idiot so ...

I use the shoot button, but I just feel Ronin is too squishy to get the most out of the core. 8 times out of 10, by the time I activate the core, I'm super low health, then the opponent just has to hit me a couple of times before they can execute.

If I'm lucky enough to have full HP, then the core is amazing. It's just rare.

Arttemis

Man, this morning has been awful regarding animations sticking. Several times within the same match, I whiff a melee attack, and am unable to Phase Shift for the length of an additional melee attack, leaving me completely exposed then dead. It's almost as if I was unable to do anything (shoot, phase, melee) during the time it would've taken the attempted execution to occur, like I was in some kind of animation lock without the actual animation occurring. My character just holds out his wrist band as if I were to Phase, but it doesn't happen and I get killed instead.

RedFury

Man, this morning has been awful regarding animations sticking. Several times within the same match, I whiff a melee attack, and am unable to Phase Shift for the length of an additional melee attack, leaving me completely exposed then dead. It's almost as if I was unable to do anything (shoot, phase, melee) during the time it would've taken the attempted execution to occur, like I was in some kind of animation lock without the actual animation occurring. My character just holds out his wrist band as if I were to Phase, but it doesn't happen and I get killed instead.
Happens to me alot lately, and very detrimental while I'm trying to learn Legion. As you already know you move slow as shit with shield out AND you can melee. I was switching mode and the animation got stuck with his gun facing into the sky. He was walking at shield speeds, could not shoot, and saw a pilot trying to stupidly mount my face...lucky for him I couldn't punch either. I was stuck for a good 10-15 seconds until I switched modes again and everything was back to normal. My titan was doomed by the time I figured it out. It's happened several times now and I think it's cause by stacking animations/abilities pressing shield, immediately switching modes, and queuing shotgun blast, then animation freezes. As a pilot shooting starting a reload animation then animation canceling into phase, etc.

Uhh..seriously??? Fucking hell, I thought it was the same because you can only Melee in Sword Core mode right?

O_O
Well prepare to have your opinion of Ronin change. As an Ion player I don't find anything scarier that a Ronin that pops a smoke cloud and I hear their core active. A shark in murky water, you know he's there and dangerous but what can you do? Wait for the sweet embrace of death or RUN! While I find double arc wave way to valuable to give up once you get a hang of his sword core I highly recommend highlander. You can infinite dash around the map and look for more prey and keep your core activated for ages, remember that you arc wave gets amped and you can one shot pilots from range with it. My brother goes on nasty tears with Ronin in highlander mode. Once activated he can circle the map several times from the extended duration and feed on anything and everything.

KodaRuss

fLoTf2v.png

lol... Feel sorry for this pilot

Haha, reddit mods were going to remove this because no one knew what was going on and just thought you wanted to show off your score!

E92 M3

You'll get your smoke back.

--

Trance, my final opinion is that these loadout were poorly designed. So many of them can either be OP or too weak *cough* Legion *cough*.

I feel like I'd be nerfing myself picking anything other than Hemlock, Devotion or Tone.

Tbh, I had always treated R1 as a game I'd just play and jam to. I never cared too much about the meta, because I guess for some reason this game is super easy in public games.

My issue with Tone, is that she's boring to play as and to fight against because of that Wall. I think for a game that won't ever be esports... I don't like that stuck us with these Titan classes, especially since there's so much unbalance.

The sand box is gone, as well as the illusion of a battlefield. I suppose, all there's left to do is wait for the next update.

I do not feel nerfed using other equipment. It just comes down to playstyle in my opinion. Titanfall 2 is my GOTY. Besides some QOL changes, the game is perfect for me.

Sometimes nerfs are deserved though. The damn hammers for Titans in Destiny were out of control for way too long. This comparison is not a 1 to 1 but I would say it is similiar because we saw tons more Titans in PVP after the drop just like we do with Tones.

We have 6 Titans, 4 are fine, 1 is likely the worst and 1 is likely the best. So a nerf and a buff is the most logical choice. Not 1 huge buff and 4 regular buffs.

To beat a Tone one on one takes a very good Ion or a very good Ronin. Most likely the Ronin is doomed or close to it when the fight is over as well. Meanwhile the Tone just needs to have a basic understanding of the mechanics. Unless they get their salvo core, then the Tone wins every time.

Tone has been nerfed twice and is nowhere close to being as OP as the Sunbreaker super at launch.

I am fighting a fight with everyone against me, but refuse to concede that Tone needs nerfing.There is nothing wrong with her being popular or easy to use. As soon as Tone is made useless, another Titan will replace her. A lot of casuals like to use Tone due to ease of use.

We need them. Also, nerfing is the antithesis of fun. Look at how much the Volt nerf affected SwolBro. Nerfing should only be done in extreme cases when the game is being severely affected.

Did any of you ever use a Vex Mythoclast before it was nerfed? It was like having an LMG as a primary. That's something that was extremely fun, but broken.

I still stand by the theory that people simply don't like fighting her due to requiring different strategies.

Izuna

Banned
I do not feel nerfed using other equipment. It just comes down to playstyle in my opinion.

Play as Northstar and then me that :)

--

Honestly, I'm not having a problem beating people etc. My issue is always that it's boring af to fight Tone as a Northstar. She should be able to pierce the Wall.

Arttemis

You're in the UK, right? I'm sorry to hear how bad the population is over there.

For anyone in the US reading this without the game feeling worried, it's the opposite. There isn't a game mode that is underpopulated at any hour, in my experience.

Izuna

Banned
You're in the UK, right? I'm sorry to hear how bad the population is over there.

For anyone in the US reading this without the game feeling worried, it's the opposite. There isn't a game mode that is underpopulated at any hour, in my experience.

FFA died in the second week :(

dankir

I think what would help is make the Titan's loadouts a bit more consistent. Everybody should have at least a dash by default. Ogre's had one dash with long refill time so why don't Legion and Scorch?

All Titan's should have some sort of defensive shield, Northstar doesn't and the traps only help out so much. Maybe a gun shield like Legion because in most cases she's way out in back on her own sniping.

I don't think Tone needs a nerf as she's already been, just make minor adjustments to the others so it makes them fun to play.

Whenever we get a Brute Titan / Vanguard class I'm sure we'll be complaining anyways :)

When is the Arc canon coming back?

RedFury

It's crazy to me even CTF has a a decent size community over here, I always wondered why Swol was always complaining.

KodaRuss

Tone has been nerfed twice and is nowhere close to being as OP as the Sunbreaker super at launch.

I am fighting a fight with everyone against me, but refuse to concede that Tone needs nerfing.There is nothing wrong with her being popular or easy to use. As soon as Tone is made useless, another Titan will replace her. A lot of casuals like to use Tone due to ease of use.

We need them. Also, nerfing is the antithesis of fun. Look at how much the Volt nerf affected SwolBro. Nerfing should only be done in extreme cases when the game is being severely affected.

Did any of you ever use a Vex Mythoclast before it was nerfed? It was like having an LMG as a primary. That's something that was extremely fun, but broken.

I still stand by the theory that people simply don't like fighting her due to requiring different strategies.

Tone had two minor nerfs in accuracy to the 40mm? To even call them minor is an understatement, barely anything was changed on her.

The volt nerf needed to happen, it is an SMG... it didnt need to have the range it had. Sorry Swolbro couldn't have his OP weapon.

I had a Vex in Destiny before it was nerfed and it was borderline insanity. It was really fun for the players that had it but it was beyond overpowered and deserved the nerf.

Any Tone can be taken down. Its the fact that she has no weaknesses, every other Titan has one, she does not. Her only minimal weakness would be close quarters but she is still better than Legion and Northstar at close range and about even with Ion.

No one is asking Tone to be made useless but she needs to be in line with the other Titans that each have a strength and weakness. Tone has all of the strengths and none of the weaknesses.

Izuna

Banned
Vex Nerf was warranted. I used it in PvP too. The problem was that they nerfed it for PvE and made it completely useless.

RedFury

Oh yeah, PC lol. That shouldn't be too surprising.
Ahh my apologies, I think the distributions are different among ecosystems. Since PC and X1 players were drawn to attrition do to previous entry that remains the most populated. Since PS4 owners first taste of TF2 was bounty hunt it seems to be the most populated just above attrition. It's surprising to me too because game modes like CTF also have a decent size population, yesterday I saw ~1000. With a population of ~20000 that's 1 in 20 TF2 players are playing CTF which is nothing to scoff at.

KodaRuss

Vex Nerf was warranted. I used it in PvP too. The problem was that they nerfed it for PvE and made it completely useless.

This is my biggest problem with Destiny. They just needed to seperate PVE from PVP from a balance standpoint.

IE. Shotguns were too good for a while in PVP and it made zero sense to ever use one in PVE.

I hope Destiny 2 is different.

Vipu

Banned
The volt nerf needed to happen, it is an SMG... it didnt need to have the range it had. Sorry Swolbro couldn't have his OP weapon.

Except volt nerf was as small as hipfire accuracy nerf to Tone, barely anything.
Volt is still toptier weapon, maybe alternator is tiny bit better now but yeah they both are about as good smgs now.

E92 M3

Play as Northstar and then me that :)

--

Honestly, I'm not having a problem beating people etc. My issue is always that it's boring af to fight Tone as a Northstar. She should be able to pierce the Wall.

I agree that Northstar should pierce the wall, and I already made that promise ;)

Tone had two minor nerfs in accuracy to the 40mm? To even call them minor is an understatement, barely anything was changed on her.

I had a Vex in Destiny before it was nerfed and it was borderline insanity. It was really fun for the players that had it but it was beyond overpowered and deserved the nerf.

Any Tone can be taken down. Its the fact that she has no weaknesses, every other Titan has one, she does not. Her only minimal weakness would be close quarters but she is still better than Legion and Northstar at close range and about even with Ion.

No one is asking Tone to be made useless but she needs to be in line with the other Titans that each have a strength and weakness. Tone has all of the strengths and none of the weaknesses.

No question Vex had to be nerfed. I was just making a point that it was truly broken while Tone is just controversial for multiple reasons. Nerfing Tone will not make the game better, in my opinion. Saying she has no weakness is disingenuous because her optimal fighting range is mid. Up close she sucks and long-range she is way too predictable.

The 40mm took a considerable hit to accuracy and salvo core is considerably weaker. We shouldn't be discussing on how to make something worse, but how we can make other things better. If Tone gets nerfed again, Ion will become the best Titan by a mil.e

deoee

40 mm is too strong against Pilots.
That's all.
This is the only thing that needs to be adjusted on Tone and instead of nerfing her in Titan vs Titan combat make the other Titans stronger

40 mm is too strong against Pilots.
That's all.
This is the only thing that needs to be adjusted on Tone and instead of nerfing her in Titan vs Titan combat make the other Titans stronger
. Just need to reduce the hitbox size of the 40mm projectile.

Top Bottom