• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 2 - SP Campaign Gameplay

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I wonder which generic FPS game recently has open combat areas with couple of different engagement approach, free flow movement, and two distinct sets of gameplay style.

A lot of them? Its not exactly a rare or unique thing for FPS/TPS games, let alone in this day and age.

GavinUK86

Two moments that stood out to me.

xZROefZ.gif

8Qc9UFK.gif

Sou Da

Talked to death. But i still think its stupid to release it next to BF and COD.
Would have been a perfect March game again.

Between these two and news about MEA info being delivered in fall, I'm pretty sure EA's strategy here is to try and overshadow CoD's buzz.

f@luS

More than a member.
It's so weird to see this on the same marketing cycle for BF1 too.

gonna wait for bf and cod in sales (actually i just want MW remastered) and buy titanfall 2 straight

cant play 3 shooters at the same time , and titanfall 2 looks the most appealing for me

Kinyou

Looking great. Only wish they'd have revealed this with a proper walkthrough and not youtube impressions. Unfortunately do they seem to have the same plan for the MP

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
This looks fantastic. Love the implementation of platforming and especially the cat and mouse gameplay demonstrated in the pilot vs titan battle on the platforms.

bombshell

This hasn't been confirmed and they haven't had trailers saying play it first on xbox and whanot. (Or pc for that matter).

Yeah, it's in every Battlefield 1 trailer, but not in any Titanfall 2 trailers. With Titanfall 2 being played on PS4 at E3 (or was it somewhere else?), it seems like it maybe won't have an EA Access trial.

ElRenoRaven

Wow. That is looking good. Can't wait. I was let down the first didn't have a single player. It was fun still though but man did I miss it. So I'm all in again now that it does have one.

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.
The only reason I'm interested in this is because they have one of the God Of War devs in charge of the campaign/story. Will probably consider this on Black Friday. Glad it's coming to PlayStation.

-d0hv

Theorry

Yeah, it's in every Battlefield 1 trailer, but not in any Titanfall 2 trailers. With Titanfall 2 being played on PS4 at E3 (or was it somewhere else?), it seems like it maybe won't have an EA Access trial.

Its more that its not first party i think then that it is on PS4.
Hardline had also PS4 marketing but had EA access trial also. Same for Battlefront.

Papacheeks

Banned
Still looks like your shooting bots from titanfall one. Wish they would have explored you taking on alien creatures like pacific rim style.

Your still killing robots, titans, and dumb cod style AI.

Looks like it has more narrative than titanfall 1, I guess I need to see more.

Peterthumpa

I feel the same way. Looks like some larger multiplayer maps with only bots, structured like Bioshock Infinite (I mean shoot everyone in this section, then move on to the next one).

You mean structured like every FPS released ever, right?

bunkitz

The campaign sounds really, really good and I'm so glad that they're putting a lot of effort into crafting the single-player mode. I have this, I guess prejudiced thought that it's a shooter, so it'll just be another generic FPS single-player campaign that's a lot like Call of Duty or Battlefield, but it sounds really promising so far.

The gameplay looks really fun too, of course, and I've only ever read people praising it and I can see why. I'm excited to be able to play it, although I'm fairly certain I'll not really play the MP much since our internet connection's not exactly fast, and being such a fast-paced game, I don't think I can afford to do that. Would probably suck the fun out of it too.

So, yeah, hopefully the single-player campaign will be a meaty enough experience that's worthwhile for players who don't intend to play the MP, and judging from the description, it sounds like it could be.

Chris1

Titanfall 1 was excluded as it's not an EA game, but Respawn eventually made a deal with them to put it in the vault for E3 2015.

I imagine same deal here, Titanfall 2 is excluded but will go in the vault once the sales die down, but it's not really apart of the EA Access program.

DrD

This looks really good. If I had to choose one FPS to go with this fall it'd probably be Titanfall 2.

Kill3r7

Every EA game to date has been on EA Access regardless of marketing deals. Titanfall 2 is no different.

This looks really good. If I had to choose one FPS to go with this fall it'd probably be Titanfall 2.

That's what i'm doing this year. This is the first time in 8 years that i'm skipping COD at launch.

I've played and still play Titanfall 1 on Xbox One, the game is simply a blast to play and is a much better game than COD. It'll my go to shooter for a long time. Titanfall 2 looks even better and more intense.

I will eventually buy BF1 and COD IW when a price drop happens but Titanfall 2 is first on my list.

Chris1

Every EA game to date has been on EA Access regardless of marketing deals. Titanfall 2 is no different.
Except Titanfall isn't an EA game

Titanfall 1 was specifically excluded from EA access due to this, it was only added later on when Respawn made a deal with them (1.5 years after release, much later than your typical EA games)

Looks fantastic! I really enjoyed the first Titanfall, even without any real single-player content, so I'm confident these guys are gonna get it right.

Day 1 for me, although I probably won't touch the campaign. Nice to see they are doing one for those who like such things. All in all this will be an excellent Fall season for FPS fans.

B3N1

You mean structured like every FPS released ever, right?

I mean the areas presented in the gameplays look like arenas from a multiplayer, rather than standard single player levels.

The short trailer looks good though, but my pruchase depends on the MP.

Top Bottom