• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 2 - SP Campaign Gameplay

psyfi

Banned
Haha, last night as I was going to bed I was thinking "Man, I could use some more TF2 footage / info." Ask and ye shall receive.

There is hope! I saw a shield on the Titan's health bar and two boost bars, possibly Atlas configuration. Let's just hope it isn't an SP only thing...

Looks dope, but personally I wish they would have stuck with multiplayer only. If it's for the greater good and sells a lot more though, then so be it.

The mobility looks way better than BO3

Original Titanfall was better than BO3 :p

I was hoping they would make the hit marker smaller, it kinda bugged me in the first game. I want to actually see what I'm shooting at, even if I'm hitting it.

Edit: The helmets popping off when you get a guy in the head are awesome. I hope that's in mp as well.

Kill3r7

Except Titanfall isn't an EA game

Titanfall 1 was specifically excluded from EA access due to this, it was only added later on when Respawn made a deal with them (1.5 years after release, much later than your typical EA games)

I could definitely be wrong about this but my rationale for a free trial on EA Access is based on the following facts 1)EA Access did not start as a service until June 2014 and free trials did not come into play until Madden NFL 15, and 2)every EA published game since then has had a free trial on EA Access. So my guess is that Titanfall 2 will be no different than other EA published games to date.

Courage

I really like the idea of puzzles/platforming utilizing your gadgets/movement. And I'm positive Respawn are capable of integrating them in the game without causing any frustrations or pacing issues.

Chris1

I could definitely be wrong about this but my rationale for a free trial on EA Access is based on the following facts 1)EA Access did not start as a service until June 2014 and free trials did not come into play until Madden NFL 15, and 2)every EA published game has had a free trial on EA Access. So my guess is that Titanfall 2 will be no different than other EA published games to date, since EA Access started.

You're right Titanfall 1 was out before EA access but the fineprint of EA Access literally said it was excluded from the program for about a year until it was added to the vault at E3 2015, and so far is the only game to do this.

Titanfall is a unique situation, and they haven't announced anything regarding EA Access trial dates, whereas every other game by EA due out this year has dates officially revealed. Kind of telling IMO when Battlefield 1 even has the dates officially confirmed, but Titanfall not even though they release like a week apart.

Maybe someone from Respawn that reads NeoGaf can clear up whether they're apart of EA Access or not?

This is a clean and smooth video game product. Also, fuck, did you guys see that guy parkour fight that robot! Its like a First Person Shooter Character action game in there.

This is a clean and smooth video game product. Also, fuck, did you guys see that guy parkour fight that robot! Its like a First Person Shooter Character action game in there.

Putting a giant robot that's also insanely mobile in an arena to chase the player and keep them constantly moving is genius. Can't wait to see some of the other encounters they cooked up.

Jack Cooper is an excellent name for the protagonist.

I don't know why it has always stuck out to me but back on the Joystiq podcast with Justin McElroy I remember them making fun of "Soap McTavish" as a name and Justin came up with "Flashlight McGuillicutty". It's something I think about every time I see a name by this dev team.

This is why I'll always support Respawn, the originals who made the lovable Modern Warfare series. Amazing direction and art style, which satisfying gameplay.

_SAKY_

I don't know why it has always stuck out to me but back on the Joystiq podcast with Justin McElroy I remember them making fun of "Soap McTavish" as a name and Justin came up with "Flashlight McGuillicutty". It's something I think about every time I see a name by this dev team.

lol, Justin kills me.

I mean, that is in the first game too within a multiplayer context.
Parkour yes, having the robots being able to do it... Scary.

It presents an interesting combat puzzle though, you can't just hide and do the ole stop in' pop, nah. Keep it moving and airborne long enough so you can get optimal crits, or work your way to a power weapon (Krauber). All this while being stalked by a very capable enemy wherever you go. Makes me wonder how they're going to handle monster behavioir and super soilder enemies like yourself.

Keasar

SP quick look on the official TF youtube

more unseen footage from the other videos

2454869-4432921495-0b7.g.gif

So goddamn excited!

Raptor

Original Titanfall was better than BO3 :p

I was hoping they would make the hit marker smaller, it kinda bugged me in the first game. I want to actually see what I'm shooting at, even if I'm hitting it.

Edit: The helmets popping off when you get a guy in the head are awesome. I hope that's in mp as well.

Dont listen to this man!!

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
Gotta say, I'm blown away by the response to the b-roll footage. Glad you guys are liking it! Was an interesting challenge trying to find a couple minutes of the game for capture to try and communicate that the SP experience is not what most are expecting. Can't wait to show more :)

Oh, and those concerned about the pace - this wasnt meant to be a balls-out set of footage. Normal people (aka those that haven't been trained on the first game) wouldn't understand anything going on if I played the way I normally do!

If you missed it, there's more footage today too: https://youtu.be/yBIoScqqbQU some REALLY fun stuff to capture in there

Gotta say, I'm blown away by the response to the b-roll footage. Glad you guys are liking it! Was an interesting challenge trying to find a couple minutes of the game for capture to try and communicate that the SP experience is not what most are expecting. Can't wait to show more :)

Oh, and those concerned about the pace - this wasnt meant to be a balls-out set of footage. Normal people (aka those that haven't been trained on the first game) wouldn't understand anything going on if I played the way I normally do!

It looks so hot! keep doing whatever yall are doing!

If you missed it, there's more footage today too: https://youtu.be/yBIoScqqbQU some REALLY fun stuff to capture in there
Any chance of some footage of y'all playing at full tilt? Alternatively, I'd love a go. ;)

Xyber

I strongly disagree, the art direction looks outstanding.

https://a.pomf.cat/bmqwup.webm

Sure, it has some parts where it does look good. But that is just a small area designed for the tutorial. Same as the first game that also had a pretty nice looking part (the in-door bits) in the tutorial IIRC.

Still found most of the maps very boring looking mainly because of the overall art design. This is of course only my opinion.

Looking solid. I hope they actually tried to do something with the campaign narrative/scenarios though, because I don't know if I can stomach another bland futuretrash shooter storyline. The relationship and dialogue options with the Titan are a good start.

Looking solid. I hope they actually tried to do something with the campaign narrative/scenarios though, because I don't know if I can stomach another bland futuretrash shooter storyline. The relationship and dialogue options with the Titan are a good start.

you'll want to protect your titan who wants to protect you

Top Bottom