• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 2 - SP Campaign Gameplay

Hexer06

This looks really good! I can't wait to play this! Keep up the great work Respawn. Titanfall is one of my fav FPS ever. :D

Mmm

hSTHTVE.gif

JTSUiIt.gif

aqk2iCg.gif

SaganIsGOAT

Looks really damn solid. Really looking forward to how refined Titanfall plays in a campaign sandbox. Also, the graphics looks real nice!

want want want

Sequel to the best shooter of the generation thus far. Hope it lives up to the original (and improves on it, obviously).

A very happy return to TF and we get to enjoy a campaign this time around. Day one. You were so good to us Aussies with your local servers being sublime, more of that please.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
I was super disappointed when they said they were still using modified Source, as although I loved Titanfall, it's one of the worst looking games of the generation. (Even playing at 4K the game is an eyesore in many ways)

That said, it looks like they put a decent amount of effort into overhauling it this go around. Hoping the NEO mode for this looks a fair bit closer to the PC version. Last time I double dipped, but if I could buy just one copy this time, that would be great.

Looks sexy as hell to me. The single player footage is a little low pace, but based on my Titanfall 1 experience and the look of the environments I can tell the movement system is really going to shine.

SwolBro

Banned
i wonder how much they changed since the announcement? seems like they put back in shields, and now you can copy another titan's loadout? hmmm

i wonder how much they changed since the announcement? seems like they put back in shields, and now you can copy another titan's loadout? hmmm

BT-7274 has a 3D printer on its back (yes it is that crazy) that can print out different weapons on the fly to deal with changing conditions.

2San

Sorry, i just recently started playing tf1 a lot. There are shields in the game right now, no? vortex one, stationary one and dome shield

Could you elaborate a bit more?

They're talking about the "regenerating health". You have "health" that doesn't regenerate when hit. And you have shields that act as regenerating health. The vortex shields and such are abilities.

KORNdoggy

it looks like call of duty with mechs? even the engine could be the same. i'm still not sold on the SP, but between the two i'd likely choose this over COD anyway.

GregHorrorShow

Neo Member
I missed out on the first one due to the exclusivity so I'm looking forward to giving this a spin, especially with added single player. Only problem is it arrives in the middle of the Q4 rush so I suspect I'll end up getting it further down the line.

Looks fantastic!

Great that it's now fully multiplat too. At least we won't need a thread where everyone pretends they have a gaming PC!

KORNdoggy

come on dude. this is old.

old or not, i feel like if this was spliced in with the new COD footage i wouldn't even be able to tell. but as i said, given the choice, this still looks more appealing, and ultimately where i think COD wants to be (they're already taking the wall running and stuff)

Cross platform play between Xbone and PC please, it'd really help to keep the PC community healthy this time.

I'd ask for PS4 cross-play as too. But, well, ya know.....

So I really enjoyed the original, but this footage and the accompanying impressions has completely sealed my faith for the sequel -- looks aesthetically right up my alley, and really hoping the story goes all-in with an action sci-fi narrative. There's a lot of mentions in the interviews that this isn't just a set piece-after-set piece design, and man I hope they deliver.

If not, it at least looks like the gameplay is fine to me -- it legitimately looks like it takes the best elements of Titanfall's mobility options and big, fast piloteable robots into consideration.

Is there still an audience for Titanfall on Xbox One? Might jump back in here soon if so.

Cross platform play between Xbone and PC please, it'd really help to keep the PC community healthy this time.

I'd ask for PS4 cross-play as too. But, well, ya know.....

More like killing its Xbone community. Unless only the coop mode is allowed. You don't do PC-console cross play in a competitive shooter, period.

My most anticipated title and also the one that probably seals the fate of my XB1.

Pre-orded on the PS4 from Amazon (canada) when they had a $30 rebate..so am going to lose my mind as I wait for it. Amazon Canada is very hit or miss on pre-order deliveries
So you're not good play with all of your Titanfall 1 friends?

SwolBro

Banned
More like killing its Xbone community. Unless only the coop mode is allowed. You don't do PC-console cross play in a competitive shooter, period.

i think you could in Titanfall actually by mitigating any skill gaps with proper matchmaking. Right now the top xbone titanfall players would probably beat the best remaining PC players to be honest.

The original is very controller friendly. I play on PC with an elite and have never felt handicapped by it, mostly due to the aim assist that the game defaults to (it's a console shooter at heart).

99 times out of a 100 I'd agree with you, but this could be one of those times that it might be OK.

Top Bottom