• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 2 - SP Campaign Gameplay

Only complaint is the cut to third person for entering your titan. I think seeing a giant fist grab you out of the air and shove you in the cockpit works much in first person.

Looks fantastic though!

you'll want to protect your titan who wants to protect you

Sure that will be cool. I just want more than hopping and bopping through generic areas while generic sci-fi things happen all around you. Gimme some characters, gimme some atmosphere, gimme proper build up to the big moments.

Respawn needs to make blockbuster shooter campaigns great again. There's a tremendous opportunity here to make something great, I mean really great. So great, it'll be great, trust me, Respawn has the most experience.

Keasar

Only complaint is the cut to third person for entering your titan. I think seeing a giant fist grab you out of the air and shove you in the cockpit works much in first person.

Looks fantastic though!

Yeah, same here, I am not a total fan of the cut to third person view when doing executes or entering your Titan. One of the things I loved about the first Titanfall was how cool it felt when for instance sliding under your titan and seeing that giant hand reach down for you, scoop you up and insert you into the pilot seat, all in first person. Gave the Titans this huge feeling.

Would be nice if it was a option to go first or third person.

Respawn needs to make blockbuster shooter campaigns great again. There's a tremendous opportunity here to make something great, I mean really great. So great, it'll be great, trust me, Respawn has the most experience.

And don't even get me started on the size of Respawn's hands, I mean good god. Nothing to worry about folks, trust me.

jdstorm

Banned
Titanfall 2- the love child of Mirrors Edge and Vanquish that everyone who played those games has wanted since 09.

This is awesome. Thanks Respawn

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
This looks like it's gonna have the best campaign of any of the big 3 FPS's. Can't wait, I wonder if it will have a Neo mode on PS4 though.

Gotta say, I'm blown away by the response to the b-roll footage. Glad you guys are liking it! Was an interesting challenge trying to find a couple minutes of the game for capture to try and communicate that the SP experience is not what most are expecting. Can't wait to show more :)

Oh, and those concerned about the pace - this wasnt meant to be a balls-out set of footage. Normal people (aka those that haven't been trained on the first game) wouldn't understand anything going on if I played the way I normally do!

If you missed it, there's more footage today too: https://youtu.be/yBIoScqqbQU some REALLY fun stuff to capture in there

Awesome. Thanks to this video, I saw that here is going to be a "multiplayer tech test" aka beta, that I signed up for.

Rayme

This is going to be my Shogo 2
You seem to be good people.

Titanfall 2- the love child of Mirrors Edge and Vanquish that everyone who played those games has wanted since 09.
MORE GOOD PEOPLE.

Looks dope, but personally I wish they would have stuck with multiplayer only. If it's for the greater good and sells a lot more though, then so be it.
Naw; devs make what they feel pulled to make (some focus on MP, some focus on SP, many do work that spans both), and the overall game is better for it. We've grown enough and learned enough as a studio that we're able to push MP and Campaign without screwing over either one. There are plenty of good arguments that the development of each has enhanced the other (graphic effects that MP never thought about that SP needed and wound up _really_ working out, control tweaks that were obvious in MP but SP surprisingly benefits from, silly prototype ideas that grew into major character traits, etc).

Anyone enjoying MP will at worst find Campaign to be a cool diversion & workout of their skills. And playing on hardest difficulty can be a religious experience. =p

Nori Chan

MORE GOOD PEOPLE.

Naw; devs make what they feel pulled to make (some focus on MP, some focus on SP, many do work that spans both), and the overall game is better for it. We've grown enough and learned enough as a studio that we're able to push MP and Campaign without screwing over either one. There are plenty of good arguments that the development of each has enhanced the other (graphic effects that MP never thought about that SP needed and wound up _really_ working out, control tweaks that were obvious in MP but SP surprisingly benefits from, silly prototype ideas that grew into major character traits, etc).

Anyone enjoying MP will at worst find Campaign to be a cool diversion & workout of their skills. And playing on hardest difficulty can be a religious experience. =p
Better be a mile high club achievement that has you wall running through obstacles while being shot at with a time limit

MORE GOOD PEOPLE.

Awesome. Can you tell us when the Youtubers can reveal their multiplayer gameplay from LA last week?

TheRed

So is this still on Source? The ideas for single-player seem neat and I really wanted one in TF1. The graphics just look underwhelming to me, of course it still will be fun.

I think Respawn has been the devs I notice are most active with their users on this board, at least from the threads I've been in.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Black Ops III on the hardest difficulty can be a religious experience, too

the crucifixion

I am genuinely surprised that there wasn't a bigger backlash against that campaign, considering how people moaned about Ghosts. It really is amazing that campaign was all they could come up with in 3 years, I'd rather listen to a whole Coldplay song than play POS ever again.

Angel_DvA

it looks really great but it was send to death, i'm sorry but It'll be Gears 4, BF1 and COD4 remastered for me, maybe next year.

im feeling the planet with the dragon/dinosaur type of creatures are going to have some sort of avatar revolt and you're going to see beast riders vs mech robots..i can dream right?

m23

Already pre-ordered. Sunk hours into the first game and this looks just as great. This Fall is going to be busy.

So dumb question. Since I'm assuming PS/XB/PC ecosystems are not going to be crossplay with this one, I have to decide which platform(s) to get it for.

I'm faced with 2+ skus per platform. Reg/Deluxe. I can't find what all is in the deluxe- seems to be skins and such?

I appreciate the patience! My Google-fu is weak with this one.

Chris1

So dumb question. Since I'm assuming PS/XB/PC ecosystems are not going to be crossplay with this one, I have to decide which platform(s) to get it for.

I'm faced with 2+ skus per platform. Reg/Deluxe. I can't find what all is in the deluxe- seems to be skins and such?

I appreciate the patience! My Google-fu is weak with this one.

Yeah it's pretty much just skins. All the real DLC (maps and stuff) will be free.

And I think in recent times with Doom, and maybe Wolfenstein before that, people have started to say, 'No no, we did like this other thing that was totally just about you and not about grinding.' I think it's something that we do well so we're bringing that to Titanfall."
... Go on.

Good to know that the development of the two worked well off each other, thanks!

That railgun sniper is gonna be my jam.

As far as the graphics looking outdated, I don't see it. Textures look much better than the first one, and animations, physics and lighting all look pretty top notch.

Vidpixel

Surprised so many people are knocking the graphics. Sure, it's definitely not the most impressive game from a technical standpoint, but nothing is jumping out at me that looks overtly poor. Plus, I'm really digging the art style, especially that tutorial section.

Kolgar

Bought and played the first game on all three platforms.

CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS!

Most exciting game footage I've seen in a while.

2San

Looks good. I hope this game doesn't get overlooked. It has some stiff competition. Wish the CoD crowd would move to Titanfall.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment

The original TitanFall is probably my favorite game this generation, I have put so many hours into it and it's a classic in my eyes; however, I have always wanted to see it have a singleplayer. I am glad to hear that both aspects of the game won't be compromised, because I think it's obvious that this singleplayer will be amazing based on the clips shown here. It's like everything I wanted in a TitanFall singleplayer with the added bonus of Titans being like Green Lantern rings! =P

GravyButt

Getting a bit more excited for this now. Need to see the mp though. Really enjoyed the first so im sure ill be into this one.

Top Bottom