• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transgaf: 'cause boys will be girls (and vice versa)

mollipen

Hair removal: Both at home because I can't afford laser right now, and electro a few times per month. I need 45 minutes for a full body razor shave

I'll be at three years of electrolysis come spring. First two years were 2 hours a week, after that has been an hour and a half, with a handful of times only an hour. I'm kind of scared to actually calculate my time spent (or the cost).

I'll be at three years of electrolysis come spring. First two years were 2 hours a week, after that has been an hour and a half, with a handful of times only an hour. I'm kind of scared to actually calculate my time spent (or the cost).

I used to do both body laser and electro every month, but it was getting out of my budget (I could either go loose with removal, makeup courses, full wardrobe, or put everything into SRS, which I did, so I ended setting priorities. Finishing my face first, and when I'm done I will resume laser with areas women should not have hair on, then rest of the body.

Right now I do 45-60 minutes of electro every month for the remaining hairs (chin, sides of the mouth and upper lip), although I am taking a break in december as lately it was taking too long to regrow. And I did not start using EMLA until two sessions ago. Tiny Trans Balls of Steel.

Misha

Banned
I just remembered hearing about how hrt may reduce your height by a few inches. Is that a common thing or just something that happens occasionally?

Anura

I just remembered hearing about how hrt may reduce your height by a few inches. Is that a common thing or just something that happens occasionally?
I think it's either really uncommon or just placebo. I don't think it has happened to me

Beth Cyra

It indeed can happen. We have multiple people in thread who have had this effect. I will not call them out, but you may see them share :)

I think it's either really uncommon or just placebo. I don't think it has happened to me

It's fairly uncommon but it does happen.

I've lost a couple of inches myself and from the people that I know that have as well usually sit anywhere between half an inch to 3 inches but it's very, very random.

Platy

Would be hilarious if only the girls who love heels the most loose an inch

Also, this doesn't make any sense

Finishing my face first, and when I'm done I will resume laser with areas women should not have hair on, then rest of the body.

areas most women do not have hair on.

Wording is important, because I am sure there are lots of women on this thread that should have some hair on these places =P

Could be from progressive muscle / cartilague athrophy due to HRT, who knows. Not that I need it, I would look bulkier if I lost height while keeping the same ribcage.

I'm extra surprised today. After so many years, my parents now invite me to not only have the christmas eve dinner with them, but also the lunch. Basically, sleeping there, propose the same for the 31st (no way, thanks)

Given how I've been alone during Christmas since 2013 (one time they even left for a trip without telling me), this feels like relationship may begin to restore. And also hope I can stay with them during SRS recovery. Also buying gifts for the first time in yearas, although I feel like crying when I take money out of the srs savings account.

Misha

Banned
It's fairly uncommon but it does happen.

I've lost a couple of inches myself and from the people that I know that have as well usually sit anywhere between half an inch to 3 inches but it's very, very random.
Uncommon I see

I think you might have actually been the one I heard it from :p
Could be from progressive muscle / cartilague athrophy due to HRT, who knows. Not that I need it, I would look bulkier if I lost height while keeping the same ribcage.
That's the explanation I read on a few other sites. Basically that it would decrease the muscle and stuff in your back mostly and your spine would essentially contract.

That's true. I feel like my upper body is a bit broad though I couldn't say if that is due to bone structure or muscle and fat and stuff. No idea if it would be good or bad
Even a couple inch drop could put me at second shortest in my family which would be weird at least

(Tbh I'm bored waiting for a program to load things at work so I just felt like bringing something up :p)

Anura

Ok, so I just measured myself again out of curiosity and it seems like I've lost about two or three inches. Lol, guess I should have measured again before posting

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
So I had a quick little visit to the urologist today. Just a bit of paperwork before they can schedule the orchiectomy. Finally, might actually get my hormone levels correct.

SRS comes after I do enough electrolysis on the area to be set.

Holy shit it's happening.

Hollycat

So I had a quick little visit to the urologist today. Just a bit of paperwork before they can schedule the orchiectomy. Finally, might actually get my hormone levels correct.

Congrats!!

Beth Cyra

That us amazing Hop, good luck!!!

Sibylus

Banned
Hip hip hooray, hop!
bts_lina.gif

Beth Cyra

Update : so been released a whole wekk and im certainly healing, i have to fight the desire to rip at the area because of healing lol.

Overall things are good, bleeding is still going of course, byt minor in the grand scheme if things.

Got a call from my dad.....odd one, begging mr to see his grandson as he is the last male in his life and to see my girls cause he missed them.

Still no desire to see me but eh it is what it is.

One month anniversary of the BA... Crying in the offce, can't see my friends or let them see me, no interest on eating. I find myself again wanting removal. The implants are either positioned too low or they are too small, they look uneven and they lack contour on the outer side. The surgeon said this was its final positioning, so they are not going to improve. I've tried accepting them, but it is not possible.

I'm even scared of the revision and the fact taht they may look even worse, or how I will look after removal. Too scared to have more surgeries and complete transition for fear or ending screwed even more. I've never hated my body this much.

Beth Cyra

One month anniversary of the BA... Crying in the offce, can't see my friends or let them see me, no interest on eating. I find myself again wanting removal. The implants are either positioned too low or they are too small, they look uneven and they lack contour on the outer side. The surgeon said this was its final positioning, so they are not going to improve. I've tried accepting them, but it is not possible.

I'm even scared of the revision and the fact taht they may look even worse, or how I will look after removal. Too scared to have more surgeries and complete transition for fear or ending screwed even more. I've never hated my body this much.
Im so sorry Appleseason,

I would say that the majority of boobs are different sizes and drooping depending on size in even cis women.

Overall im sorry your experiencing such a difficult time, surgeries are hard and we are here for you as am i and if you need to chat some of us do use skype and the like.

If I wanted normal breasts, I would have cancelled the surgery. Which right now feels like the best possible idea. I was obsessed with The idea that my body looked completely male from my neck down to the point I took the surgery with them. Now I look like an abomination.

SRS with them is even worse. 11 cm depth, they said, as if it was pretty good. I should have gone the private route for both

Beth Cyra

Happy Holidays Trans Gaf.

Im sorry ive been quiet, i know some of you and two in particular have been trying to be there for me.....its been hard and painful.

Its ending tomorrow though, im finally going home and i hope to see the beautful smiles of those who still want to see me.

Reunited with my family again for Christmas. They are even ok with me rocking a dress and presenting as femme as possible.

One part of my life that is more or less fixed. Still a lot of work to do... I'm going out to get new sport bras. I've been almost 40 days without working out or doing cardio and I am going crazy at this rate.

Beth Cyra

Reunited with my family again for Christmas. They are even ok with me rocking a dress and presenting as femme as possible.

One part of my life that is more or less fixed. Still a lot of work to do... I'm going out to get new sport bras. I've been almost 40 days without working out or doing cardio and I am going crazy at this rate.
This is a hard one for me as well.

Im stir crazy because i feel like im putting on a ton of weight but i cant work out or do my cardio.

Misha

Banned
always seems like holidays are a good time to hear transphobic jokes/comments. on the plus side i gained even more respect for my grandma

This is a hard one for me as well.

Im stir crazy because i feel like im putting on a ton of weight but i cant work out or do my cardio.

Actually, you may lose some weight. Unfortunately, most common case with SRS recovery is to lose mostly muscle mass, while fat remains the same. The problem is when in the end you enter in IDGAF mode with diet, as I did with FFS and I'm doing again now. Since I can't go back to the gym until January (Requested a month of break), Being at home so often has made me give up on everything health related. But once I start working out again I should regain my "stay healthy" mentality and stop eating junk food.

BTW, we had another trans suicide here on the 24th. He changed high schools after obtaining a new ID (actually a feat considering he was underage), but bullying kept following him. Sigh, given the insane amount of bullying I had to endure as the asocial nerd at that time, I don't think I would have survived if I had transitioned at that age.

Misha

Banned
I've been noticing that I seem to get ma'am'd a lot at restaurants (or at least I'm the only one who doesn't get either) but sir'd at drive throughs

Wonder why

Phone is getting weirder for me. I have an habit of expecting to be gendered male based on my voice. Today I had to call my hosting provider (still has my old name), gave my code and birth name... "And who am I talking to?" "I'm that person"

Apparently it works better than I think despite no voice training.

Family relationship keeps improving. I had dinner in New Year's Eve at their home and they proposed for me to change there to go out partying. So they did not bat an eye while I put a red dress and then makeup. Guess I am normal to them. I even talk more often with my mother now that I have begun cooking when I got bored of games.

God, I feel like crying while writing this. Apart from that I meet the local trans support association. They want to get the support groups running again and asked if I could participate (I have experience).

Not a lot more to report, I've been ruminating badly about SRS, trying to get to the bottom of what keeps me from booking a date. There are three points I need to accept before commuting to it.

Beth Cyra

If you were in the closet, and you knew you were going to die soon, would you tell anyone? Or would you rather people never know the truth?

Death is scary, but for me being not myself is just as scary.

I would come out, I did so ten years ago, and only stopped because there are two things that I fear more then death or being Max......and that was losing Heather/My Son.

That said if I was going to pass on I would have wanted people to know me as who I am before I left, if they hate me, well they won't have to deal with me soon is how I generally approach things.

That said I can understand those who would hide it if they really wanted their end time to only be postiive. Coming out often times is not and if no one has a right to judge them negatively for choosing not to deal witht aht in the end.

If you were in the closet, and you knew you were going to die soon, would you tell anyone? Or would you rather people never know the truth?

One of my fiance's close friends was buried as the wrong gender. She was out but hadn't legally changed anything yet, and since her family had power of attorney they're the ones who got to make the arrangements. The memorial service pretty much ignored the last 5 or 6 years of her life.

Looks like after so much work to make my mind about SRS, I may have to delay it indefinitely and see if I can get an orchi from healthcare (3000€ approx with a private clinic).

Economic reasons. I may not be able to save at the same pace I was going until now, and after surgery I was going to be nearly without a savings cushion, which if the current events get for the worse I could not take the risk.

On the good side of things, maybe it is a good reason for cancelling my netflix subscription and do something useful with my spare time.

Getting married next month! We're doing the courthouse thing but there's still going to be a ceremony with about 20 people.

I've decided I'm going to wear a dress. Not a wedding dress but still something nice. This'll be my first dress and also my first dress that I wear out in public. I'm excited and also a little scared 'cause I have no idea what I'm doing. Doesn't help that my measurements are really weird (36 33 36, nothing comes in that size). I'm learning a lot in a very short timeframe though, like a crash course on being a girl. We'll see what happens.

Platy

Getting married next month! We're doing the courthouse thing but there's still going to be a ceremony with about 20 people.

I've decided I'm going to wear a dress. Not a wedding dress but still something nice. This'll be my first dress and also my first dress that I wear out in public. I'm excited and also a little scared 'cause I have no idea what I'm doing. Doesn't help that my measurements are really weird (36 33 36, nothing comes in that size). I'm learning a lot in a very short timeframe though, like a crash course on being a girl. We'll see what happens.

...I think this post deserves a little more context xD

Beth Cyra

Congratz. That is so very amazing and I hope you have the most wonderful of days !

Im super jealous :) I plan to renew my vows at 15 years and wesr a wedding dress then.

Dai101

Banned

Woooo. Great news! Congrats to you and your life partner!

Also, I hope 2016 become a great year for all of you TransGAF.

My best wishes to all of you lovely girls and guys.

Beth Cyra

Woooo. Great news! Congrats to you and your life partner!

Also, I hope 2016 become a great year for all of you TransGAF.

My best wishes to all of you lovely girls and guys.
Thank you Dai that is very kind.

Speaking of new year i need to hit up the avatar thread here soon.

...I think this post deserves a little more context xD

Well um... I've IDed as non-binary/agender for a long time, and still do, but in the past few months I've been feeling more femme-leaning. So I asked my friends to use "she/her" pronouns more often, which they've obliged, and it's been very nice.

So we were at the courthouse picking up the marriage license, and they mentioned that we could have guests, which was totally unexpected. And I just kind of realized I didn't want an officiary awkwardly misgendering me in front of my friends so I figured the only way to ensure that didn't happen was to wear a dress. And now it's spiraled into this goddamn If You Give A Mouse A Cookie situation where I suddenly need all this other stuff too.

Misha

Banned
how do you argue with someone talking out of their ass without having citations yourself? just saying you've heard it before or that its common sense doesn't really put you on higher footing than them and it only really makes you and people who agree with you feel better about yourselves.

update: well on the specific instance that made me think about this, it turns out I did fine

Checking in for my occasional "hi" here.

Congrats to all the peeps here who have made big strides in their lives, be it marriage, hrt or surgery. You're worth it.

My partner is expecting her letter of prescription to hormones any time now, we went to the gender clinic at the end of december and she got confirmation they were going to write to her GP about getting her onto HRT which is awesome.

It's really making me kind of envious though! 32 years old now, 33 in a couple of months and still not done anything. I keep wanting to talk to the doctor and ask for a referral to the gender clinic myself but I'm struggling at the moment, no job, no money and my social anxiety is kicking in again. But at least I can be proud of my partner :)

Oh, last night I dreamed I was pregnant. Yeah, it was actually a nice dream even though I was terrified of the actual giving birth part.

and my social anxiety is kicking in again.

Welcome to the club. I though that had improved for me with transition, but in the last year it has become so bad that dating or sex are a thing unthinkable for me.

At first I used that I kept bailing out on dates because of how male I still looked... But that went away with HRT, surgery and a lot of working out and diet. Next thing was that I considered myself a freak with that thing hanging... until my genital dysphoria disappeared too. In the end I'm just too terrified of meeting new people, dating, letting myself being touched... and obviously no matter how hot you are, I will always be in panic just from thinking about sex. Heck, I could not even enter a pub yesterday because a friend had not come and getting inside a crowded place along was terrifying.

No money for therapy, and even if I had it I probably would not want to commit to do anything. I had hopes that some things would get better with transition, but except from crying whenever I saw my face or had to socially interact as a male everything's the same or worse (at least before I could date).

Welcome to the club. I though that had improved for me with transition, but in the last year it has become so bad that dating or sex are a thing unthinkable for me.

At first I used that I kept bailing out on dates because of how male I still looked... But that went away with HRT, surgery and a lot of working out and diet. Next thing was that I considered myself a freak with that thing hanging... until my genital dysphoria disappeared too. In the end I'm just too terrified of meeting new people, dating, letting myself being touched... and obviously no matter how hot you are, I will always be in panic just from thinking about sex. Heck, I could not even enter a pub yesterday because a friend had not come and getting inside a crowded place along was terrifying.

No money for therapy, and even if I had it I probably would not want to commit to do anything. I had hopes that some things would get better with transition, but except from crying whenever I saw my face or had to socially interact as a male everything's the same or worse (at least before I could date).

I hate how crippling it can be. It comes in waves for me, I can be fine for a while but it can descend on me suddenly and without warning. Some days I just can't leave the house for fear of meeting other humans... like I want to get a job but I find it so difficult to approach people with my CV even on a good day. Interviews are the worst...

Beth Cyra

Well everyone I tried to join in in show yourself January.

Sadly i cant adjust pocs are our friends in the avatar thread are busy.

Still there is a pic of there if anyone is interested :)

Top Bottom