• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transgaf: 'cause boys will be girls (and vice versa)

ninj4junpei said:
I'm currently on anti-depressants and wondering how they might be affecting my desire to transition. Of course, I doubt they would be increasing or creating the desire, but I'm curious how I will feel if I get off them. I'm thinking I should start getting off of them before I see a therapist about being a possible transsexual. Obviously, I should consult my psychiatrist, though I kind of don't trust his opinion.
Well that's never good. I actually got back on anti-depressants a couple months before I really started transitioning. I think I wanted to transition even more while I was depressed because I knew I needed to do something, or I wasn't going to survive. Who knows how you will feel though. You don't feel depressed anymore though, right?

Alfarif

This picture? uhh I can explain really!
Nikashi said:
I'm posting this just because I've been advised that another forum has decided to use this thread to hurt people.

If anyone receives an email 'did it for the lulz' please delete and disregard, there's absolutely no reason to entertain the content within.

Quoting this because of the importance. DO NOT GO TO THAT SITE.

Alfarif

THIS IS REALLY IMPORTANT

If you have ANY PICTURES that you DO NOT want ANYONE to SEE, DELETE THEM NOW. If you have IDISK or ANYTHING, MOVE THEM ELSEWHERE. LOCK DOWN YOUR IMAGES.

If you have the ability to tell anyone who I can not contact through MSN or AIM, please tell them ASAP.

NewGamePlus said:
Well that's never good. I actually got back on anti-depressants a couple months before I really started transitioning. I think I wanted to transition even more while I was depressed because I knew I needed to do something, or I wasn't going to survive. Who knows how you will feel though. You don't feel depressed anymore though, right?
Well, he never really did diagnose me with anything, he just threw a prescription at me. I don't think I would describe myself as depressed before I started the medication, rather I was unbalanced emotionally. I still have episodes of unbalance. I'm currently having one of my moments where I don't feel as emotional as I would like to be, but I could be getting tired.
Nikashi said:
I'm posting this just because I've been advised that another forum has decided to use this thread to hurt people.

If anyone receives an email 'did it for the lulz' please delete and disregard, there's absolutely no reason to entertain the content within.
Ugh, I guess it was bound to happen eventually.

ninj4junpei said:
Well, he never really did diagnose me with anything, he just threw a prescription at me. I don't think I would describe myself as depressed before I started the medication, rather I was unbalanced emotionally. I still have episodes of unbalance. I'm currently having one of my moments where I don't feel as emotional as I would like to be, but I could be getting tired.
Well I guess that is kind of what psychiatrists do.

lexi

Banned
Some thread on another forum apparently where I'll commit suicide if I see an animated gif of my avatar.

tranny.gif

oh noes i'm totally suicidal nao, that animated gif cuts DEEP

lexi said:
Some thread on another forum apparently where I'll commit suicide if I see an animated gif of my avatar.

tranny.gif

oh noes i'm totally suicidal nao, that animated gif cuts DEEP
:lol Of all the things they could have done.

Risette

A Good Citizen
I know where that came from.. damn can't they do anything other than "use morph tool on some gif layers and it looks like teh person is laffing! LOL!" ? I've seen a ton of images like that there. It's more unfunny than GAF memes like Wolverine and Quantum of Solace-guy. And that's saying something.

Alright, alright, remember the most important rule of the internet people, don't feed the trolls. It's not really news that there are transphobic people on the internet.

Alfarif

I know that today was a pretty busy day, and some of you know what happened. Let's just sweep it under the rug. It doesn't matter. What matters is that none of you are afraid to continue expressing how you feel. There's a reason we're a community, and a reason this is your sanctuary. Regardless of what anyone else might say or think, you are all still every bit as beautiful as you always have been. Don't let anyone scare you off, or silence you. The road to acceptance was never paved with gold, but it doesn't mean we can't all walk it together.

Shanadeus

Banned
Wat just happened o_O
Where is this other forum where people read this thread and mock it's posters?
And it's always a good idea to never leave any pictures laying around, I always erase any pictures I upload after a short period of time just to be safe and it's just as well if everyone would do it.

EDIT: Nevermind, the bore is innocent.

Alfarif

NewGame, you've been reminded like 18 times now! How do you manage that?

Ok, go to your calendar program, whether it's iCal or Outlook or whatever, and make a reminder RIGHT NOW!

@Shan, don't worry about it. It really doesn't matter at all. As for the pictures, the only scandolous ones I ever send are the really scary ones where I'm showing my face, because it's definitely NSFW! :lol :lol

Alfarif said:
NewGame, you've been reminded like 18 times now! How do you manage that?

Ok, go to your calendar program, whether it's iCal or Outlook or whatever, and make a reminder RIGHT NOW!
Calendar program, pshhh, I never look at that thing...

Cetra

FYI: This is Ainsley for those that weren't aware I've changed my user name.

Alfarif said:
I know that today was a pretty busy day, and some of you know what happened. Let's just sweep it under the rug. It doesn't matter. What matters is that none of you are afraid to continue expressing how you feel. There's a reason we're a community, and a reason this is your sanctuary. Regardless of what anyone else might say or think, you are all still every bit as beautiful as you always have been. Don't let anyone scare you off, or silence you. The road to acceptance was never paved with gold, but it doesn't mean we can't all walk it together.

I completely agree here. I've gotten more confidence and more strength from this community than I've ever had. It won't end here. It can't. We all rock way too much. Besides, those jerks can suck my... Well, you know. ;)

NewGamePlus said:
Dammit, I just realized I forgot to make a dentist appointment again today. :lol

Dang, NGP! And how many people reminded you?! :lol

Alfarif

NewGamePlus said:
Calendar program, pshhh, I never look at that thing...

There are not enough facepalms in the universe. :lol :lol Should I go into my google account, make a reminder on the calendar, then somehow link it to your phone, computer, or other electronic time keeping device so it goes off every hour on the dot? Is this what it's come to?

@II Cetra II: it's going to take some getting used to, Ains, I'll admit. The only reason I know is because of the avatar. :lol

Alfarif

AkuMifune said:
There is nooooooooo sanctuaaarry!

logans_run.jpg

Sorry I just watched Logans Run again the other day.

I've never even seen this movie... but the look on dude's face says I really, REALLY need to. :lol

Alfarif said:
@II Cetra II: it's going to take some getting used to, Ains, I'll admit. The only reason I know is because of the avatar. :lol
Omg, I didn't even notice that it was the same character. I'll get around to playing FFXIII eventually, as soon as I finish XII... and X...
and VI

Cetra

NewGamePlus said:
Hey, hey, hey, I meant like remind me in 12 hours. Not immediately over and over again now that the office is closed. :lol

Okay, ya got me there. Good point! :lol

Alfarif said:
@II Cetra II: it's going to take some getting used to, Ains, I'll admit. The only reason I know is because of the avatar.

It's all good. Kinda wish I'd not changed it now that I'm over that hardcore attempt at re-closeting. But meh, it's just a user name on a message board. It don't need to define me. ;)

Alfarif

NewGamePlus said:
Omg, I didn't even notice that it was the same character. I'll get around to playing FFXIII eventually, as soon as I finish XII... and X...
and VI

You haven't beaten
VI
yet? Are you kidding me? What the heck are you even doing right now? If you don't say you're playing it, we are going to have a problem. A BIIIIIIIIIIIIIG PROBLEM!

II Cetra II said:
It's all good. Kinda wish I'd not changed it now that I'm over that hardcore attempt and re-closeting. But meh, it's just a user name on a message board. It don't need to define me. ;)

It's a cool name, honestly. I would change mine but... I've been Alfarif since 1995.

Oh, and you have no idea how proud of you I am. I've been smiling ever since you told me all that stuff on MSN. You know I've got your back, through thick and thin! You can do it!

Alfarif said:
You haven't beaten
VI
yet? Are you kidding me? What the heck are you even doing right now? If you don't say you're playing it, we are going to have a problem. A BIIIIIIIIIIIIIG PROBLEM!
I'm browsing GAF, how can you expect me to play games when I have all these threads to read about games, hmm? :D I have a serious problem with finishing games in any reasonable amount of time though. I usually end up finishing them about a year to a year and a half after I buy them. RPG's uh, yeeaaahh...

Alfarif

I'm pretty much the exact same way. I will play a game all the way to the middle and just quit. Then years later I come back and finish it but don't even remember what the first half of the story was. I still have to finish Baten Kaitos Origins and I'm scared I will be so confused about the storyline when I come back that I won't be able to soldier through it. I have a feeling that if I ever play Final Fantasy 13, it will take me 2 or 3 years to finish. I am not looking forward to that... :lol

I'm fine. But my pics were linked to on opa ages and used in a context where I was set up by GAF user DJ_Tet to look like a guy dressed as a woman to fool men into sleeping with me, which anyone who reads through this thread will know does not describe me at all.

He pretty much just exploited my image for a cheap joke and helped a bunch of ignorant guys gender me male through ignorance, dehumanize me, and set me up as a target for hatred. And then he brought Lexi into it, and put her through hell.

Why he felt the need to just out of the blue take my photos and put me in that position, in front of a crowd of ignorant and prejudiced people who are subject to no moderation rules that require forum members to act like decent human beings, to just hang me out to dry in a savage environment like that, I don't know. Why he would then take excerpts from posts I had made here to publish them in another place, totally out of context, and make fun of them, I don't get either. What would a guy get out of bullying a girl like that? Even if he doesn't think of me as a girl, which he clearly doesn't, why would he do it to a *human being*?

Lexi and I have both been treated as less than human today and made objects of ridicule. The people writing on that forum and producing those gifs obviously didn't read this thread, and just let their ignorance fly. If they did read this thread, and still thought that behavior was OK, then seriously, that just indicates a pathological lack of empathy.

Anyway it was vicious, and I didn't want to leave the pics up to encourage more people to join in on that thread or to act as raw material for the nasty animated GIFs that they were making.

I needed a day to feel destroyed over this before I could pull myself together to keep going. I've never been attacked like that before. Someone in that thread said it was fine because we'd never know. It's NOT fine to dehumanize people, no matter who's watching. Someone else said they didn't need to worry about making either of us suicidal, because "trannys have thick skin". As though when vulnerable people are treated like crap for long enough, they become immune to it, and it becomes OK for you to treat them like crap as well. Then there's the guy at the end who says he *wants* to provoke a suicide to get the forum on the news. What do you even say to someone like that? That's just sick.

The good thing that came out of this was that there was a poster in that thread who stood against the crowd and took the time to actually read our stories and treat us like we were human. Without people like that in the world, I don't know how I'd go on. And then there are the supportive people here who wrote to me with words of comfort. THANK YOU.

I couldn't just keep going without making it publicly known what happened today. Everyone else is dancing around it, probably thinking that thread will die by itself if left alone, and will just spark up again if referred to directly. Well I'm not going to be bullied into taking a bunch of crap like that and then roll over and pretend it just didn't happen. It was cruel and malicious, and illustrates perfectly the kind of prejudice that can happen when people stop thinking of each other as *people*, when they leave all regard for feelings at the door.

I'm not going to contact a mod to have DJ_Tet banned for this, there's no point. He can continue to do exactly what he did whether he's a member here or not, and I doubt it would make him feel any kind of remorse. But if you had any decency at all in you DJ_Tet, you'd ask for that thread to be deleted.

Or go on being a bully, picking on those who are more vulnerable than you. Laughing at vulnerable people as a bunch of complete strangers pick them apart and be as malicious and hurtful as possible. That's what I expect you'll do.

That's absolutely disgusting, I hope you and Lexi don't take their hateful bullshit to heart - anonymity and a lack of rules brings out the worst in people (especially those with a deficient IQ), that's why i'm thankful GAF is the way it is and everyone here generally acts in an adult manner (or suffers for it), instead of a forum like that which seems to be full of moronic idiots who'll gladly expolit the privacy and personal lives of others for a cheap, sick laugh.

vordhosbn

Banned
Bootaaay said:
That's absolutely disgusting, I hope you and Lexi don't take their hateful bullshit to heart - anonymity and a lack of rules brings out the worst in people (especially those with a deficient IQ), that's why i'm thankful GAF is the way it is and everyone here generally acts in an adult manner (or suffers for it), instead of a forum like that which seems to be full of moronic idiots who'll gladly expolit the privacy and personal lives of others for a cheap, sick laugh.
A lot of the members over there WERE gaf members, I wouldn't count out any of them still lurking around here(thats probably how they got the pics). Anyway, it's totally not cool.

vordhosbn said:
A lot of the members over there WERE gaf members, I wouldn't count out any of them still lurking around here(thats probably how they got the pics). Anyway, it's totally not cool.

Yeah, I figured as much when I saw olimario over there, and i'm under no illusions that everyone here at GAF's a saint, but at least the sensible moderation here keeps the mouth breathers in check.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
DJ_Tet is still a member here. What a fucking child. Sorry to hear what happened, but hopefully you move on through it. After all, as much as it hurts there's not much point applying too much emotion to the actions of morons. They'll be ignorant children until the day they die, pulling as many people into their pathetic shit-storm as they can.

You're both still rad and loved here.

Exhumed

Wow... I really don't know what to say. What a load of BS.....

Some people really are just pure filth. Waste of biological mass to be honest. Hopefully something gets done about it. There is no reason ANYONE should have to go through that BS. They definitely to be taken accountable for their actions.

I am intimately familiar with how people are able to treat one another and it I feel intense rage when I hear about this kinda crap. Brings back a lot of my own memories... /sigh

mcrae

Phatty Icon

* Administrator
* PipPipPip

* Group: Members
* XBL:phatman00
* PSN:Cumfart

:rollin

Score another for OA :usa

their admins have this sort of attitude? times like these i wish i knew how to unleash gaf as my own personal army. cause imo if the greater majority of our userbase was aware, detective gaf would be on its a game.

Actually, this should be a lesson to anyone posting their personal info and photos, not just in this thread, but in a big community like NeoGAF. Once it's out, you lose control of it. Posters beware.

In my defense, I just don't like giving attention to those doing nothing but seeking it, and I felt that it was really only yours and Lexi's place to talk about it. So, you do what you gotta do. It is a shining example of the ignorance faced by the trans community, but they really don't deserve the traffic.

Oh and Jamie could you please at least put your Faith avatar back up, I mean what am I actually expected to read people's usernames now. Gosh, that sounds like so much work. :D

Phatty Icon

* Administrator
* PipPipPip

* Group: Members
* XBL:phatman00
* PSN:Cumfart

Quote:
:rollin

Score another for OA :usa

their admins have this sort of attitude? times like these i wish i knew how to unleash gaf as my own personal army. cause imo if the greater majority of our userbase was aware, detective gaf would be on its a game.

Dammit!

So that's who took 'Cumfart'. When I signed up for PSN I tried to register that name (it's been my nickname since I was in 2nd grade) but found out someone had beat me to it. Had to settle for 'Cummfart', which just isn't the same.

lexi

Banned
If we address this continually all it gives them is carte blanche to continue being vitriolic toward us. Maybe they'd do so anyway.

Jamie xxoo said:
I needed a day to feel destroyed over this before I could pull myself together to keep going. I've never been attacked like that before. Someone in that thread said it was fine because we'd never know. It's NOT fine to dehumanize people, no matter who's watching. Someone else said they didn't need to worry about making either of us suicidal, because "trannys have thick skin". As though when vulnerable people are treated like crap for long enough, they become immune to it, and it becomes OK for you to treat them like crap as well. Then there's the guy at the end who says he *wants* to provoke a suicide to get the forum on the news. What do you even say to someone like that? That's just sick.
I figured they were bad... but I didn't think they were that cruel. I hope you and lexi don't spare those ignorant fools any more mind than they deserve.
lexi said:
If we address this continually all it gives them is carte blanche to continue being vitriolic toward us. Maybe they'd do so anyway.
It might help to not give them the attention they crave, but I doubt it will stop them if they are in an environment, as well as a state of mind, that allows them to say and do such things.

Gaborn

NewGamePlus said:
Hey, hey, hey, I meant like remind me in 12 hours. Not immediately over and over again now that the office is closed. :lol

Put a sticky note on your bathroom mirror. Or, draw a picture of a tooth and put it on your kitchen table.

Alfarif

NewGamePlus said:
In my defense, I just don't like giving attention to those doing nothing but seeking it, and I felt that it was really only yours and Lexi's place to talk about it. So, you do what you gotta do. It is a shining example of the ignorance faced by the trans community, but they really don't deserve the traffic.

Oh and Jamie could you please at least put your Faith avatar back up, I mean what am I actually expected to read people's usernames now. Gosh, that sounds like so much work. :D

This and Lexi's later response are exactly the reasons I said forget about them and move on.

And NewGame, I am glad that you have gone through with it and made the appointment. It know it is hard to have your TEETH CLEANED. It's a big step for everybody in their lives. -.-

Top Bottom