• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump advisor Flynn discussed sanctions w/ Russia before inauguration, despite denial

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we all know that if this were Democrats getting caught left and right like this, there would be some serious fucking consequences.

Because it was published less than an hour ago.

Democrats are fucking cowards. They don't go nearly as hard as Republicans do. Spineless. Even as the minority party, Republicans would be using the news to their advantage to make a big fucking deal out of this, enough so that it would smear the sitting president enough for it to leave a mark on his overall public support.

There is plenty of stuff already the Democrats should have been using, but they are too afraid it seems.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
once again, nothing concrete or proven, so nothing will come from this.
How is this not concrete?

Officials said this week that the FBI is continuing to examine Flynn’s communications with Kislyak. Several officials emphasized that while sanctions were discussed, they did not see evidence that Flynn had an intent to convey an explicit promise to take action after the inauguration.

Neither of those assertions is consistent with the fuller account of Flynn’s contacts with Kislyak provided by officials who had access to reports from U.S. intelligence and law enforcement agencies that routinely monitor the communications of Russian diplomats. Nine current and former officials, who were in senior positions at multiple agencies at the time of the calls, spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss intelligence matters.

All of those officials said ­Flynn’s references to the election-related sanctions were explicit. Two of those officials went further, saying that Flynn urged Russia not to overreact to the penalties being imposed by President Barack Obama, making clear that the two sides would be in position to review the matter after Trump was sworn in as president.

“Kislyak was left with the impression that the sanctions would be revisited at a later time,” said a former official.

A third official put it more bluntly, saying that either Flynn had misled Pence or that Pence misspoke.
A spokesman for Pence did not respond to a request for comment. The sanctions in question have so far remained in place.

This leak makes it clear that the IC has proof that he did speak about the sanctions. 9 government officials wouldnt just say things like that to the WaPo if there wasn't strong evidence of it.

sangreal

I'm sure Comey will get right on that, any day now

A third official put it more bluntly, saying that either Flynn had misled Pence or that Pence misspoke.

lied, the word is lied. One or both of them are lying

Miracle

I'm sure Comey will get right on that, any day now

1d334575596e8d86f138dbeac3b7fe668a25111231408bfc280aeb3aac8146a4.jpg

Kyzer

Banned
Democrats are fucking cowards. They don't go nearly as hard as Republicans do. Spineless. Even as the minority party, Republicans would be using the news to their advantage to make a big fucking deal out of this, enough so that it would smear the sitting president enough for it to leave a mark on his overall public support.

There is plenty of stuff already the Democrats should have been using, but they are too afraid it seems.

Generalized selective memory? Theres been several major protests since inauguration that got international coverage and media is 24/7 trump coverage and almost none of it has been received well my most outlets. Also its literally been like an hour, if you are only talking about this specific story.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Shot:

1. Flynn once claimed to not discuss sanctions at all

2. Flynn's office (spokesperson) now claims 'he doesn't recall if it came up')

3. Mike Pence went to bat for Flynn, meaning either Flynn lied to Pence or Pence lied to the American public

Chaser:

Just adding admin comment on Pence/Flynn: "An administration official stressed that VP Pence based his comments on his convo with Gen Flynn"

10:12pm · 9 Feb 2017 · TweetDeck

https://twitter.com/gregpmiller/status/829905770896617472

Admin already throwing Flynn under the bus. This is big folks. Don't let your cynicism sway you from seeing the avalanche coming.

Kyzer

Banned
Shot:

3. Mike Pence went to bat for Flynn, meaning either Flynn lied to Pence or Pence lied to the American public

Chaser:

Admin already throwing Flynn under the bus. This is big folks. Don't let your cynicism sway you from seeing the avalanche coming.

Oh shit, call Flo-Rida. Its going down for realllll

sangreal

They try. Democrats will go on the floor of the Senate and twitter and yell about it all day. They simply lack the propaganda apparatus that Republicans have. It's not just fox, there are a million popular conservative radio hosts, trash like breitbart etc etc

Shot:

Chaser:

I think we've all had enough "This is it!" moments to realize that news like this should be taken with a huge grain of salt.

Kyzer

Banned
I think we've all had enough "This is it!" moments to realize that news like this should be taken with a huge grain of salt.

As someone who is almost always there at those moments telling people that there is no smoking gun, this is definitely going to turn into something. A real stain on his administration. And its realistic. Not like getting your hopes up for Trump being a secret russian double agent who ran an illegal campaign and had prostitutes pee on the obamas beds and therefore being impeached kind of thing.

Also, people should stop looking for a miraculous "moment" that will save us from Trump. For some people its like the X game will save the PS3/Wii U/Vita chalkboard, except X scandal will remove Trump from office

Boke1879

With that comment. The admin is pretty much saying Flynn lied to Pence. Don't know if anything happens, but he's being thrown under the bus.

DOWN

Banned
Is this the smoking gun we have been waiting for?
Honestly the problem is we've found a bunch of smoking guns only to learn that the shooter is part of the same fire squad that would be asked to investigate them

Xe4

Banned
Fucking traitors. The fucking lot of them. This is going to be another Iran-Contra, I can feel it.

Doomsayer

I really want to to believe that this can lead to something. Nothing has stuck to this administration though, so I'm not going to hold my breath.

No one even seems to bring up the fact that the Russians interfered with our election anymore. Like, it just disappeared.

Honestly the problem is we've found a bunch of smoking guns only to learn that the shooter is part of the same fire squad that would be asked to investigate them

Damn, that's an amazing way of phrasing what it is going on. Fucking mind blowing, really.

Xe4

Banned
I really want to to believe that this can lead to something. Nothing has stuck to this administration though, so I'm not going to hold my breath.

No one even seems to bring up the fact that the Russians interfered with our election anymore. Like, it just disappeared.

Damn, that's an amazing way of phrasing what it is going on. Fucking mind blowing, really.

As of right now, best case scenario is Flynn and other advisers go down, only to get exonerated by the Trump admin. Disgusting, but likely.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
(i don't blame anyone for protecting your mental/emotional health with appropriate skepticism and cynicism. it's well-earned.)

Gutek

I think we should use some enhanced interrogation on both Flynn and Pence to figure out what the truth is. They would be for it.

How stupid is this guy to not know that calls to an ambassador to Russia are going to be tapped on the day that we evicted their ambassadors?

Federal officials who have read the transcript of the call were surprised by Mr. Flynn’s comments, since he would have known that American eavesdroppers closely monitor such calls. They were even more surprised that Mr. Trump’s team publicly denied that the topics of conversation included sanctions.

Michael Flynn is just legit fucking stupid.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/09/...ore-trump-took-office.html?smid=tw-share&_r=0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom