• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump advisor Flynn discussed sanctions w/ Russia before inauguration, despite denial

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

Bingo. Theyre gonna throw Flynn under the bus to stem the bleeding. This won't reach Trump with just this info, but it's a dent
They're going to remove Donny's Liar Flynn Boil while Laura Palmer's killer remains in the White House.
Boo-urns... what a lame ending for Twin Peaks. I want another season.

leroidys

So he's either a complete fucking idiot, or thinks that he's above the law. Either option should disqualify him from his position.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
In any other country, the opposition party would galvanise the military and put the entire administration on trial.

At some point, democrats need to grow some balls and do their job.

People are waking up.

LCzDI23.gif

antonz

They have been desperately trying to get this to blow over to the point Flynn and his son both deleted their social media stuff to get out of the spotlight.

The whole reason Flynn has the job he does is because its the one position he can have that doesn't require government approval.

Metaroo

So realistically, is anything gonna happen? This information is now out there. What hands does this information need to reach to even BEGIN the conversation on whether its treasonous? I'm really tired of hearing "X did Y bad thing!" and nothing happening afterwards. If this is gonna go nowhere, its probably just dust in the wind at this point.

Edit: From the NYT's article - "Prosecutions in these types of cases are rare, and the law is murky, particularly around people involved in presidential transitions. The officials who had read the transcripts acknowledged that while the conversation warranted investigation, it was unlikely, by itself, to lead to charges against a sitting national security adviser."

Well, that's disappointing.

-Plasma Reus-

Generalized selective memory? Theres been several major protests since inauguration that got international coverage and media is 24/7 trump coverage and almost none of it has been received well my most outlets. Also its literally been like an hour, if you are only talking about this specific story.
He means democrat lawmakers.
The democratic voters are huge and do make a noise. The lawmakers are a bunch of fucking cowards. They should be pulling a forceful dismantling of this administration and call in the military.

Get Mattis on their side and put every single republican lawmaker om public trial.

Good.

I hope more people do this. Simple, clear, precise.

DO.

YOUR.

JOB.

Truth. It needs to be happening all across this country.

Fuck protesting. It's not going to make these folks in the white house or anywhere else stop what they're doing or be held accountable. Enough playing nice.

Plus the Democrats need to get on this pronto like Plasma Reus mentioned.

-Plasma Reus-

So realistically, is anything gonna happen? This information is now out there. What hands does this information need to reach to even BEGIN the conversation on whether its treasonous? I'm really tired of hearing "X did Y bad thing!" and nothing happening afterwards. If this is gonna go nowhere, its probably just dust in the wind at this point.

Edit: From the NYT's article - "Prosecutions in these types of cases are rare, and the law is murky, particularly around people involved in presidential transitions. The officials who had read the transcripts acknowledged that while the conversation warranted investigation, it was unlikely, by itself, to lead to charges against a sitting national security adviser."

Well, that's disappointing.
Their asses are going to trial if enough people make a noise. People should take to the streets and demand republican blood and riot over this shit.

He didn't just discuss the sanctions
He said "don't worry we got this".
Which explains the very calm reaction from Moscow if I remember they wished everyone happy holidays

-Plasma Reus-

Yea.

Democrat supporters need to realise the power they have. Democrat lawmakers themselves wont do anything. They tend to take part in whatever major movement happens. If millions of people marched together to demand public trials for this administration, democrat lawmakers would have no choice.

Instead of begging republicans to not harm americans and oppress americans, it's time to go out and demand republican fucking heads.

rec0ded1

Starting to trend on twitter. Shame he will be a fall guy (if anything happens at all) and won't be tied to the president.

Nerazar

The spokesman said Flynn “indicated that while he had no recollection of discussing sanctions, he couldn’t be certain that the topic never came up

Hahaha, hahaha, hahaha!

Hahaha! No really, hahaha!

This is so ex-Soviet country corruption / cronyism! Oh man, he doesn't *remember*? Let's make him remember then, wtf. :D

Guy.brush

"A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and he carries his banners openly against the city. But the traitor moves among those within the gates freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears no traitor; he speaks in the accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their garments, and he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation; he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of a city; he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to be feared. The traitor is the carrier of the plague. You have unbarred the gates of Rome to him."
-Marcus Tullius Cicero

Bleepey

Could this be used to maybe get rid of Pence? I recall him playing oblivious to a question I think about Russian involvement when pressed and I hope the dems can Impeach him so the Trump safety net they hoped for fails them. They need to be forced to own all of Trump's actions.

-Plasma Reus-

I'm not clever enough, what does it represent?

There has been a push to not refer to Trump by his name, or President, because that's what he gets off on. Instead refer to him as 45 (45th president). The image shows the number 45 drawn in the style of swastika.

nico1982

MarionCB

This seems to have flown under the radar mostly, but Trump has already removed one of the sanctions Obama put on Russia in December. Tellingly, it was a sanction put on the FSB itself.

The Treasury Department published a license that authorizes certain transactions between U.S. companies and the FSB, Russia's security service and for the importation, distribution or use of ”certain information technology products in the Russian Federation." Such transactions had been prohibited under Obama administration sanctions imposed on Russia in late December. At the time, the U.S. sanctioned nine entities and individuals including the FSB and GRU. The Obama administration said that the FSB had assisted and provided material support to the GRU in its efforts to interfere with the U.S. election.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-administration-relaxes-u-s-sanctions-on-russia-imposed-under-obama/

giga

On Thursday, Flynn, through his spokesman, backed away from the denial. The spokesman said Flynn “indicated that while he had no recollection of discussing sanctions, he couldn’t be certain that the topic never came up.”
Come on. All of us have used this line before on our parents. It never works.

tbm24

I can't see how this doesn't fall under Treason. Hope he gets tossed in jail. Also says a lot that one if Trump's closest advisors was colluding with Russia. Trump will never be able to shake that he's a Russian puppet.

ICO_SotC

From what I'm reading, they've had recordings of the calls for a while, and Trump and Pence had this intelligence, so they've been knowingly lying about it too?

I don't want to get excited, but this might be more than some obscure Logan Act violation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom