• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump signs Holocaust memorial guestbook the way only he can

Mahonay

Banned
This infuriates me because last weekend I literally got in an argument with a Trump supporter about Trump's "IQ" and how he has the highest IQ in the history of presidents or some shit. I told the guy "all you have to do is listen to him speak to figure out he shouldn't" and he just replied something about winning the election.

It is ridiculous that people actually think he is intelligent with shit like this making it so obvious how limited his mental faculties are.
Trump makes idiots feel better about themselves.

Trump acts like/is an absolute imbecile who constantly insists that he is the smartest guy around. He's acted this way for most of his life and is now president for it. So other people with very limited intellect and flawed viewpoints look at him and believe they've been right all along. It's been a central staple of his support ever since his presidential campaign started.

IT is A gReAT HONOR To Be HeRe wiTH ALL of my FRieNDs - So AMAziNg + wiLL NeveR FoRgeT!
SNuiRnA.jpg

Slacker

Sad thing is he is not there with aLL HiS FriEndS. He's there with his family and people that work for him, all of whom I'd wager hate him to varying degrees.

Rereading it, the "with all of my friends" really is the kicker. Spending time with your friends is your takeaway from a Holocaust memorial?

Trump is a national embarrassment and Obama's note was eloquent & inspring, this can also demonstrate the appeal of Donald Trump to the people to voted for him, and (part) of the unappeal of Obama from those same people. Trump's note is direct and personal, it talks about what he knows -- himself; Obama's note is impersonal and appeals to the human condition and talks about what he knows (a great deal), but it comes across as lecturing or pedantic.

I, obviously, aspire to the latter for my president, but this is as clear an example as there is of how Trump appeals to that ~25% of Americans that voted for him.

I was watching an episode of West Wing yesterday and there was a scene where the President talked about his speech seeking not to cater to the lowest common denominator, but to raise it; if a word is not part of the average American's vocabulary, let's increase their vocabulary. You look at something like Trump's writing and there's not even an air of speaking to the populace as intelligent people. They just assume we're all dumb.

Mahonay

Banned
Sad thing is he is not there with aLL HiS FriEndS. He's there with his family and people that work for him, all of whom I'd wager hate him to varying degrees.
He calls them his friends because it's an empty word that means nothing to him.

Mostly because of the R next to his name. They literally don't care. That party would vote anyone with the R next to his name, specially if the opponent is Hillary Clinton. Blind judgement.

If Hillary ran as (R), the whole universe would have collapsed into a singularity.

Squire

Banned
I'm surprised he didn't use the words tremendous and bigly. Trump doesn't have it in him to write something like Obama did.

Not only that, Trump couldn't read what Obama wrote and wouldn't be able to comprehend it even if it was dictated to him.

MJLord

I was watching an episode of West Wing yesterday and there was a scene where the President talked about his speech seeking not to cater to the lowest common denominator, but to raise it; if a word is not part of the average American's vocabulary, let's increase their vocabulary. You look at something like Trump's writing and there's not even an air of speaking to the populace as intelligent people. They just assume we're all dumb.

He won so there might be some truth in it.

daveo42

Banned
I finally realize why so many old people relate to Trump, because that note reads like something you'd see in a chain email only old and uniformed people would send. He's just like them.

MIMIC

Banned
What a clown.

Also, that's not a plus (+) sign. It's a shorthand symbol for the word "and." I use it whenever I quickly want to use the word "and" but don't want to write it out. It's like a plus sign, but you make it in one stroke (the bottom and the left points are connected).

kess

More random capitalization than a Fox News commenter!

Regarding the shorthand, Trump probably *was* in a hurry to get elsewhere.

What a clown.

Also, that's not a plus (+) sign. It's a shorthand symbol for the word "and." I use it whenever I quickly want to use the word "and" but don't want to write it out.

There's a minus sign right before it though, I'm pretty sure this is some sort of equation.

Mahonay

Banned
What a clown.

Also, that's not a plus (+) sign. It's a shorthand symbol for the word "and." I use it whenever I quickly want to use the word "and" but don't want to write it out.
Why not an ampersand that exists for this very reason?
lubalingraphdemi.jpg

Horp

Im looking forward to the interviews when he'll probably reply: "we never visited the holo coast actually, but I've heard of it. Supposed to be a beautiful place"

Why not an ampersand that exists for this very reason?

If you're not trained to write ampersands by the time you get used to how they look in print, it's a relatively unstable contraption to draw. in fact if you eliminate upper circle and reduce the size of the other one you get something sort of like the post you quoted described.

Mahonay

Banned
If you're not trained to write ampersands by the time you get used to how they look in print, it's a relatively unstable contraption to draw. in fact if you eliminate upper circle and reduce the size of the other one you get something sort of like the post you quoted described.
I guess that makes sense. When I write ampersands it's just muscle memory at this point, I don't really think about it.

Holy fuck. The "so amazing + will never forget!" genuinely made me laugh out loud in the office.

People trying to diagnose if he has Alzheimers or some other disease. Nope. Guy is just straight up pure, unadulterated stupid. It might be comforting to think its a disease that explains his actions and not idiocy but its not really true.

Idiot.

Cretin.

Dimwit.

These were the ingredients chosen to create the perfect little imbecile.

But Fred Trump accidentally added an extra ingredient to the concoction... chucklefuck.

Thus Donald Trump was born.

Top Bottom