• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump signs the republican pledge

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadskin

Very presidential.

By Dave Boyer - The Washington Times - Thursday, April 9, 2015
Either President Obama doesn’t know what day it is, or he mistakenly thought he crossed an international dateline while traveling from Washington to Jamaica.

Mr. Obama recorded the wrong date — April 10 — when he signed the guest book Thursday at Jamaica House in Kingston at the start of a meeting with Jamaican Prime Minister Portia Simpson Miller.

“It is a great pleasure to visit Jamaica, known for its beauty and the extraordinary spirit of its people. May the deep and abiding friendships between our nations continue for generations to come. Barack Obama.” He dated the entry “10 April, 2015.”
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/apr/9/obama-puts-wrong-date-jamaican-guest-book/

Parch

Well, that's disappointing. I thought this pledge would be a list of all the stupid things this lunatic party believe in.

Real men sign forms with sharpies.

p1_owens3.jpg

Is it logical to think that Trump may have agreed to do this in exchange for being the VP nominee if he doesn't win? I imagine his views on immigration would disqualify him, but the GOP didn't pass all those laws to make voting more difficult for nothing.

steveovig

I guess the pipedream of him splitting the votes is gone now. We need to give it up and accept the idea that Trump could get the nomination. The Dems need to get our shit together, pick a good candidate who can beat this guy, and mobilize and motivate the voters. He is here to stay, people.

Literally nothing happens. Republicans get to call Trump a liar and Trump goes on not caring.
And he can even go on saying that the GOP pressured him into signing their silly little paper, and he did it to get them to shut up so he could focus on the things that are really affecting our country!

Heck, he could go right ahead and say that now lol.

I guess the pipedream of him splitting the votes is gone now. We need to give it up and accept the idea that Trump could get the nomination. The Dems need to get our shit together, pick a good candidate who can beat this guy, and mobilize and motivate the voters. He is here to stay, people.

He's driving away hispanic voters in record numbers. You could put an inanimate carbon rod up against him and still win when he's using that kind of strategy.

HylianTom

Banned
He's driving away hispanic voters in record numbers. You could put an inanimate carbon rod up against him and still win when he's using that kind of strategy.

Yup. Like I said.. this is win-win, no matter how it shakes out. It's a pick-your-poison scenario, where going one route will take you through Colorado and Nevada, while going another route takes you through Ohio and Iowa, etc etc.

Somnid

This is like some sort of medieval fantasy plot. The people's champion Trump slays many in his conquest of the Republican nomination, the great Republican council, unable to stop his advance instead gives him an offer. Put away your arms and swear your loyalty to us and we will acknowledge you as our leader.

Just waiting for when the backstabbing starts.

The "nice" part about this is that he's driving Hispanics away from the GOP entirely. Whoever gets the nomination will need to do some serious damage control, and likely will never quite get enough support back.

For whatever stupid reason, he's getting his opponents to agree with him on his ridiculous policies, or even try to go further than him. I have to feel like this is some sort of plan of his to win a bet with his Democrat buddies.

Iksenpets

Banned
Has Jeb signed the pledge? My ultimate electoral comedy dream is that Trump wins the nomination, and Jeb is forced to launch a sad new third for the poor, alienated rich dude wing of the Republican Party.

Iorv3th

Yeah I also remember in 8th grade or something all of my classmates signing some abstinence pledge too, didn't really work out.

I didn't think he'd make the pledge - wonder how that changes the dynamics of the race.

"I signed their stupid pledge because these other guys care more about pledges and paperwork than they do solving this country's biggest issues. So I got 'em to shut up finally."

I doubt it affects him in any way at all. Reading comments on Twitter, it seems I'm right. A lot of people commenting they're so confident he'll win, he just did this for fun and stuff like that.

Permanently A

I didn't think he'd make the pledge - wonder how that changes the dynamics of the race.

Makes him look like just another establishment phony if you ask me.

It benefits him because it takes away a negative from him. The other candidates would say "he wants to run as independent, he's not a true republican, etc" He also doesn't lose anything either. He would never win as an independent, only cause the Republicans to lose because he would split their voting base.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom