• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump takes shots at Kaepernick, ‘Get that son of a bitch off the field’

cameron

Twist:
lBfpObE.png

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/912628271426269185

Every day and he keeps stoking that flame. I wish it would backfire, but judging by my Facebook feed, this may actually help his approval ratings.

I'm just so tired of this.

It's undeniable that Jones and the Cowboys absolutely played into the hands of those that argue that kneeling during the anthem is wrong/disrespectful/etc...

I'd even say likely intentionally so.

Well leave it to Trump to actually make it look like Jerry Jones was making a meaningful statement huh.

Edit:

Fuck it nevermind:

That is exactly what I expected.

Great going Cowboys.

Wait... so he's happy people booed the team for kneeling BEFORE the anthem? So it was never about the anthem after all. Funny thing, that.

Every day and he keeps stoking that flame. I wish it would backfire, but judging by my Facebook feed, this may actually help his approval ratings.

I'm just so tired of this.

You should learn the power of the unfollow button.

Also, accept that your circle of friends and acquaintances is not a statistically meaningful representation of the US population. That personally made it easier for me to start unfollowing people once I accepted that my newsfeed wasn't the pulse of the nation or anything.

Edit- and lol at Trump's "big progress being made" comment. He's really trying to make this about him being on some patriotism-boosting crusade, isn't he?

Those two Trump tweets are so Jekyll and Hyde it's hard to tell if he approves of what Jerruh did or not.

He approves of the anger against the NFL in general and approve of Jerry "respecting" the anthem/Flag. It's not that complicated.

Edit- and lol at Trump's "big progress being made" comment. He's really trying to make this about him being on some patriotism-boosting crusade, isn't he?

Yeah and the Cowboys absolutely helped him with that tonight

oo7

Trump is an old school troll. I've dealt with his type many a year on message boards in the past. None of them were ever president though. I don't think.

Jerry knew what he was doing.

The players should all be on the same playing field (no pun intended) when it comes to protesting. No some in the locker room, some holding hands, some kneeling.

Why cant they all have the balls to just do what kap did last year and take a knee? Its sending mixed messages when they all take a different form.

They're all different people with different agendas and messages. Some people agree with Kaepernick's message, some seem to not agree with that message but are still upset with the way the situation was handled, some seem to outright disagree with that message and the concept of protesting in general, and some are cynically trying to placate both sides.

Jerry knew what he was doing.

The players should all be on the same playing field (no pun intended) when it comes to protesting. No some in the locker room, some holding hands, some kneeling.

Why cant they all have the balls to just do what kap did last year and take a knee? Its sending mixed messages when they all take a different form.

Of course Jones did... if you read the interviews this was Jones idea

It was Jones himself who presented the team with the idea of kneeling before the anthem, shortly before the team executed its multi-pronged demonstration.

“Initially, we had a certain plan, and that was what we were going to roll with. And then Jerry came and spoke to us before the game,” said wide receiver Brice Butler.

“It was, ‘Just trust me on this. Let’s do this together. Let’s do 15, 20 seconds of kneeling.’ That was Jerry’s plan. I actually liked it, because everybody did it. So it wasn’t like, ‘You didn’t do it, so you’re a sellout,’ or, ‘He did it.’ "

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...hem-compromise-classic-jerry-jones/702959001/

iy0mili.png

Translation: good! use your aggressive feelings, boys! Let the hate flow through you.

So wait, if he loved the anger because the team took a knee before the national anthem, doesn’t that contradict his whole point of disrespecting the flag/military? Please call him on this shit media. Clearly the players are not disrespecting the flag, the must be protesting something else. What are they protesting that you don’t want to talk about. Oh yeah, murders of black people by cops. Can he start talking about a real problem for a change? Guy is a complete failure of a human.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Steve Bannon said:
If people take a knee, and the National Football League players want to take a knee, they should take a knee at night, every night and thank God in heaven Donald J. Trump is president of the United States,

Just what is even happening. My mind is checking out, its logic faculties shutting down. I just can't.

TheContact

I know a lot of GAF isn’t a fan of Joe Rogan like I am but he had a really good podcast with Dave Smith where he talks about the NFL and how it’s more respectful to kneel than it is to put your hand over your heart. Also said that if Puerto Rico was filled with white people then that would be the big story right now

hbkdx12

It's pretty disgusting, yet completely unsurprising that this whole thing has been successfully strawmanned into an issue about patriotism.

hbkdx12

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/fire-chief-uses-racial-slur-steelers-coach-mike-tomlin-anthem-protest/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab7e&linkId=42754963

THERE it is! Let it out buddy, you've been so angry you had to cheer a black coach for so long. "Tomlin just added himself to the list of "no good n____s. Yes I said it."

Oh but he apologized, so it's fine. He didn't really mean it.
TIL football is like video games. Sometimes you just happen to say racial slurs in a very aggressive and derogatory manner in the heat of the moment on accident.

Top Bottom