• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump takes shots at Kaepernick, ‘Get that son of a bitch off the field’

Caelus

That's literally the president of these united states tweeting that

The bar has been lowered so deep that it would be impossible for his successor to not be seen as an improvement.

I mean, for real, what the fuck is this? This is the most snowflakish behavior I've seen in a long time, even from him. Goddamnit.

Grug

I don't understand why this is so fucking big deal for this orange shit stain and his audience

being so fucking angry over silence protest gesture

There are a few good tricks out there for politicians with flagging opinion polls.

Starting a war. Creating some wedge politics windmill for you and your base to tilt at.

He's got North Korea brewing for the former, but the flag thing is good for the latter in the interim.

RPGCrazied

I like to post this every time he suggests NFL does something to its players.

DKgs6zmUEAAqxgV.jpg

And that partisan line, well, he just sent out campaign emails asking for donations over this whole issue. So yeah, I think it fits.

Ernest

Banned
Jesus. Why does this bother him so? Does he even understand that the kneeling isn't about him, but about police violence against black people?

Sephzilla

There's a part of me that wonders if Trump is going all in on this kneeling stuff because he knows some bombshell is about to drop and this is him trying to create a smokescreen by getting the focus elsewhere.

PeterGAF

Banned
Jesus. Why does this bother him so? Does he even understand that the kneeling isn't about him, but about police violence against black people?
That was what it started as, but it's not a coincidence that the protests saw a major spike this past weekend. I think it's safe to say that Sunday's demonstrations were in response to what he said.

Regardless the fact that this bothers him so much is just another sign of how weak he is.

SKINNER!

Banned
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/fire-chief-uses-racial-slur-steelers-coach-mike-tomlin-anthem-protest/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab7e&linkId=42754963

THERE it is! Let it out buddy, you've been so angry you had to cheer a black coach for so long. "Tomlin just added himself to the list of "no good n____s. Yes I said it."

Oh but he apologized, so it's fine. He didn't really mean it.

Wow, Tomlin got them a Superbowl trophy and many playoff appearances and this is the thanks he gets from an ungrateful snowflake.

rjinaz

Keep going Trump. Eventually you're going to wear out even your supporters on this issue. "erm while I agree, maybe this isn't something the President should be so focused on". 4 days in a row. How many tweets did he make for Harvey and Irma? Am I right to guess he has tweeted more about kneeling players than natural disasters combined?

Didn't watch the game last night, but I was shocked to see pictures of the entire Cowboys team kneeling...only to realize they did it before the anthem and promptly rose before it started.

This was a PR move that attempted to play to both sides of the conflict. And it's gross. No one is even doing this to protest racial inequality or as a show of solidarity with Kaep anymore. It's all about doing what Trump told them not to, Jerry and the other owners included. And they still didn't even dare prove Trump and others wrong, because they were still afraid to do it during the anthem. You just know Jones told them that wasn't gonna fly.

This is so tiring. Fuck.

rjinaz

Honestly it's for the best. You want him focusing on healthcare?

I'm pretty sure he's still focused on healthcare. Nothing matters more to him. If anything his frustration about healthcare not going anywhere is fueling this. I doubt him being racist on twitter is somehow best for the nation because it's keeping him distracted. Besides, what can Trump do about it that he already hasn't tried? Threaten more people?

He could say stop the childish tweeting or I walk. its been said he doesn't like the tweet rants.
And that solves what problem? It’s amazing the lengths people will go to blame everyone but trump. I don’t know people are scared or what but hold trump accountable, stop passing the buck to someone underneath him without power. SMH

You answered your own question.
The kneeling NOW is 100% about saying screw you to him. Except for the handful of guys who were doing it prior to this.
I'm pretty sure he's still focused on healthcare. Nothing matters more to him. If anything his frustration about healthcare not going anywhere is fueling this. I doubt him being racist on twitter is somehow best for the nation because it's keeping him distracted.
It's for the best considering the situation we are in. It's not "good" at all obviously. Better him to focus on some nonsense like trying to get the NFL to ban kneeling than to focus on taking healthcare away from millions or tax cuts that destroy the economy.

linkboy

I don't understand why this is so fucking big deal for this orange shit stain and his audience

being so fucking angry over silence protest gesture

why.. WHY

Because a black man had the nerve, the audacity, to step out of his place in society and stand up for injustice. Trump and his supporters want nothing more then to remind minorities that no matter what, you are not our equal and you never will be. It's disgusting and makes me sick.

It's racism, nothing but pure racism.

The fact that this man is holding the office of president infuriates me to no end.

rjinaz

The kneeling NOW is 100% about saying screw you to him. Except for the handful of guys who were doing it prior to this.

It's for the best considering the situation we are in. It's not "good" at all obviously. Better him to focus on some nonsense like trying to get the NFL to ban kneeling than to focus on taking healthcare away from millions or tax cuts that destroy the economy.

Actually I think I'd rather him being crying about healthcare on twitter. He likes to throw the people he needs on his side, under the bus.

Edit: Actually not really. I like how much attention this is getting and watching Trump lose his mind over something so stupid.

Actually I think I'd rather him being crying about healthcare on twitter. He likes to throw the people he needs on his side, under the bus.

Edit: Actually not really. I like how much attention this is getting and watching Trump lose his mind over something so stupid.
Didn't he still do that to McCain yesterday?

Addi

The funny thing with people complaining that athletes or actor or comedians (Jimmy Kimmel recently) shouldn't voice their political opinion, is that they are basically shooting themselves in the foot. If public figures can't say anything because they are "only" entertainers/don't know enough about the subject/it's not their job, what does that say about the people commenting? If someone on TV can't say what they want, shouldn't comment sections be removed too? I thought these people were fighting for free speech.. oh.. right...

Anyway, as a european this whole thing is a bit weird. First of all, why do you have the national anthem playing before a game at all? We only play national anthems when two countries meet in a sport, not on club level.

Secondly, why is the flag and the national anthem automatically linked to the army, veterans and police etc. and not teachers, doctors, social workers etc.? It feels so brainwashy it's scary. Support the army no matter what, even though they send their soldiers to unnecessary wars and don't give veterans the help they need. If I would be completely pessimistic, there's something with the timing of Trump. He stirs up the beef with NK and then goes on a nationalistic/racist rant against the NFL. It reminds me of the "if you're not with us, you are against us" from George W. Bush before the Iraq war.

Thirdly, it blows my mind how right wing media spins anything. It's a fucking cancer you need to get rid off.

VariantX

The bar has been lowered so deep that it would be impossible for his successor to not be seen as an improvement.

I mean, for real, what the fuck is this? This is the most snowflakish behavior I've seen in a long time, even from him. Goddamnit.

All his succesor would need to be is an adult with even a ounce of class just to be a massive improvement.

phanphare

Banned
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/fire-chief-uses-racial-slur-steelers-coach-mike-tomlin-anthem-protest/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab7e&linkId=42754963

THERE it is! Let it out buddy, you've been so angry you had to cheer a black coach for so long. "Tomlin just added himself to the list of "no good n____s. Yes I said it."

Oh but he apologized, so it's fine. He didn't really mean it.

it's about patriotism!

(but really it kind of is about patriotism when you think about it in that America was built on racism and oppression)

All this identity politics is why Trump won.

Minorities being scared that a POTUS like Trump would ramp up racist rhetoric and tensions was a selfish mindset.

Until we start paying attention to working class families and stop doing things like silently protesting social injustice or a POTUS calling for private companies to start reining in free speech, only we can be blamed for innocent allies like that poor fire chief lashing out in racist anger.

We need to do better for the working class and stop the identity politics.

Because he told the NFL owners, several of which donated money to him and support him, to do something and they rejected him. For an egomaniac like Trump, there are few things that are going to make him more upset than that. So he can't stop. Not just because what remains of his base eats this up, but because his ego has been hurt. It's yet another example of him attempting to tell other people what they have to do and them effectively telling him to fuck off.

What likely makes this worse is that he probably thought this was a slam dunk for him. One of his "Do this!" moments that worked because of that support from NFL owners. Instead they embarrassed him to rejecting his call. So he'll continue on with this until something comes up where he's forced not to talk about it anymore. Or the season ends. Whichever comes first.

Ponn

Banned

Unless his successor is a PoC. Then you will see that bar shoot up so fast your head will spin.

Top Bottom