• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twisted Metal Demo Impressions

Riposte

I need DLC for this game. Obviously people have some favorite cars out there that didn't make it into this one, and the idea of reimagined classic maps (similar themes - new layout) is awesome. How cool would a modern version of Antartica be?

I want to blow up the Eiffel tower in HD

ElRenoRaven

If driver doesn't remember to shut doors on juggernaut after guys are in will hurt them if missles etc launched up into the back. NOw showing Nuke on Rooftops and how you have to raise the statues out of some buildings if you hang over the pads to activate it.

itPHuMz4fqOo7.gif

ElRenoRaven

Killstreaks are designed to be balanced. May refill ammo, give you mega guns, etc. You will have to unlock them though.

Demo matchmaking problems have annoyed them. Sony is now talking about maybe extending the demo as a result of the online issues. They aren't reflective of the retail as shown on stream today. Please stick with them. It's killing them seeing these issues for users.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
I want to blow up the Eiffel tower in HD

Yeah for sure. The original Paris layout wouldn't really work in this game, but if you took that theme, had the Eiffel Tower as the landmark, and designed a totally new map around it... hell, I'll gladly buy DLC for that.

Riposte

I believe the OT sub-title should reference the fact you control it sort of like Mario if you are playing with the classic controls.

Concept17

Yeah for sure. The original Paris layout wouldn't really work in this game, but if you took that theme, had the Eiffel Tower as the landmark, and designed a totally new map around it... hell, I'll gladly buy DLC for that.

I would buy that twice.

These gifs are great. Keep them coming!

ElRenoRaven

Now talking about the guy that filmed himself going into gamestop and cancelling preorder calling it Garbage. And another talking about he should pack his bags and that it's crap.

The guy is awful, but it's pretty amusing to see him continually ram Darkside with Death Warrant. He dies every time but he still continues to do it.

Bebpo

Banned
All maps are brand new. They've talked about what they'd love to do if they could do DLC.

Those include classic cars, some classic levels, etc. Those are just what they've talked about they'd love to do if they could.

Seems that the first couple weeks or so are the most important sells wise if there is interest in DLC. So buy early folks and support this amazing franchise damn it.

Classic TM1/2/BL levels done in this engine with online battles would be the best possible DLC.

Would be a lot of work though for the bigger maps, so dunno how realistic it'd be.

ElRenoRaven

I know David will read the thread so I just have to say this.

David that was the best damn two hours I've spent on a Friday watching anything in a long while. I seriously could just watch you talk about the franchise for hours on end. Your love of it and the fans really shows and makes for a damn interesting time. You never pull punches and don't try and bullshit people and that's refreshing as hell man.

RagnarokX

There aren't really that many maps worthy of being remade. I would say Suburbs from TM1 and Paris, Amazon, and Antarctica from TM2. The rest of the maps are pretty much outdone by the new maps.

And of course the 3rd and 4th games don't exist, and TMB level design wasn't really that memorable imho. Maybe Freeways.

ElRenoRaven

There aren't really that many maps worthy of being remade. I would say Suburbs from TM1 and Paris, Amazon, and Antarctica from TM2. The rest of the maps are pretty much outdone by the new maps.

I would love to see an updated take on Paris and Antarctica without a doubt. Suburbs no so much mainly just because there seems to be elements of that map in some of the new ones.

Also for those asking here is the video he's talking about.

Video he's talking about

RagnarokX

I would love to see an updated take on Paris and Antarctica without a doubt. Suburbs no so much mainly just because there seems to be elements of that map in some of the new ones.

Video he's talking about

I know, but the layout of Suburbs is interesting and they can make it more destructible. It's got that canal system in the center and a huge freeway going around it. It's the most interesting map in TM1 besides Rooftops, and there's no point in remaking that level.

One interesting level they could add is Suicide Swamp from Jet Moto :p. That was in TM2 as a secret level.

Twisted Metal |OT| A Little Jaffe Makes It All Better
Twisted Metal |OT| Pass The Jaffe To The Left-Hand Side
Twisted Metal |OT| Craving A Jaffe Brownie?
Twisted Metal |OT| Ever Play Twisted Metal? Ever Play Twisted Metal On Jaffe!?

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
I know, but the layout of Suburbs is interesting and they can make it more destructible. It's got that canal system in the center and a huge freeway going around it. It's the most interesting map in TM1 besides Rooftops, and there's no point in remaking that level.

One interesting level they could add is Suicide Swamp from Jet Moto :p. That was in TM2 as a secret level.

Yeah, Cyburbia was my favorite from TM1. I think they could actually take a lot of art assets from the demo level, and do a version of Cyburbia that incorporated those three unique elements... the freeway, the aqueduct canal thing, and of course the residential area.

From TM2 I agree with what people are saying... Antartica for the unique gameplay element, Paris because if I had to pick one iconic Twisted Metal setting that would be it, and Amazonia could be interesting but I feel like it'd need a complete rework. Perhaps combining some ideas from Antartica and Amazonia into one level would result in something great. Maybe even expanding on Holland could result in something unique. Take the combat back out of the cities, have it in these natural rolling hills, farm fields with the big windmills, and back country roads.

In a lot of ways Twisted Metal Head On already took TM2 themes and built upon them. I thought that game's version of Russia was really cool, and of course it had it's own version of Paris and Hong Kong. My favorite from that one was actually Monaco though, with the winding freeways through the city that had a lot of vertical variation, and fighting in and around the harbor.

Top Bottom