• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft: Watch_Dogs will run at 900p on PS4 and 792p on XB1, both at 30fps

imtehman

Banned
As time goes the resolutions will drop

The Order 1886 is 900p....

the difference between the order and watchdogs is that hte order is a ps4 exclusive so whatever goalposts fanboys have to move in order to shed the order on a good light will made. Whether it be "vision of the game" or "i love black bars" or "cinematic"

the difference between the order and watchdogs is that hte order is a ps4 exclusive so whatever goalposts fanboys have to move in order to shed the order on a good light will made. Whether it be "vision of the game" or "i love black bars" or "cinematic"

I thought the black bars were actually rendered or some nonsense, meaning that it was esstianlly a part of a 1920x1080 resolution

Edit: I could be wrong, my statement was really more of a question

IxbjKRZ.gif

Seriously. Wtf Ubisoft. Is the last gen version running at 360P?

Thrakier

Hey, one more thing for you guys think about: If UbiSoft states "our openworld game is 30FPS" I am 99% sure that it'll be average 26FPS. Discuss!

Thrakier

And they really should have known what they were in for when they bought a console. Last gen a whole bunch of games couldn't even hit 720p because of the scale the devs were going for or whatever reason. If people want assurance that all their games will run at 1080p then they need to build a PC and stop trying to box developers in with their silly requirements.

Actually, it's people like you who box developers with silly requirement. Not the people who ask for native resolution and great framerate.

Watch Dogs is a cross gen game. It wasn't developed solely for these consoles and it is certainly not the best game graphically at this point or that will ever be released on the console. There will be far better looking games running at 1080p this year and every year after. It doesn't even look close to the reveal and we shouldn't be expecting 1080p? Give me a break.

It's a cutting edge open world that is a beast of a game, not even taking into account the graphics. It's not Infamous.

Kssio_Aug

I wont even defend that black bar subject on The Order. But, besides it is technically 900p (since the rest does not stress the console) The Order seems a very competent game visually, and a trully "next gen" title!

People are not arguing about the resolution only. But because of the game delay, promises and ending results (not even a next gen look).

psychotron

I wont even defend that black bar subject on The Order. But, besides it is technically 900p (since the rest does not stress the console) The Order seems a very competent game visually, and a trully "next gen" title!

People are not arguing about the resolution only. But because of the game delay, promises and ending results (not even a next gen look).

The black bar thing only bugs me on The Order because I own a plasma, lol. I'll adjust my playtime accordingly.

Or maybe it's simply the truth but whatever you need to say to feel better about it I guess. It will have 4xMSAA, far more taxing than a few extra lines.

I don't understand the people that are saying they won't get this game due to resolution and or frame rate. I love technology, I've had a gaming PC for 17 years now and upgrade regularly. I still play games on PS3. I played DS2 on PS3, because I didn't want to wait for the PC version. So I have wonder if people really aren't going to play this because it's not 1080/60. I feel either they weren't going to play it in the first place or they are just being hyperbolic.

LAA

I don't think its just the res/fps being turned down and thats got people a little annoyed. Its just yet another downgrade in someway. It was the delay, then the downgrade from the reveal, and now we learn it can't even do it at 1080p.

That and we're just noticing inFamous beats its vastly in terms of graphics, yet can still handle 1080p. That is what I've been fearing though, I hope devs don't see all these "outcrys" over resolution and tone down their visual effects in order to reach 1080p specifically.

Maybe at this point of time though... I'd like to think PS4 can handle the visual effects and 1080p, (if not then I'd rather have the visual effects), maybe later on in its life I can understand if it can't handle the visual effects + 1080p.
Whats been standing out for me this gen so far (at least for PS4), is the material textures and particle effects. inFamous blew me away with visual effects, but I also noticed material textures have got to the point where I can...sorta predict how that material feels or what that material is exactly.

I get the feeling that like 95% of the preorder cancelled people were already disappointed by graphical downgrades or disappointing footage of Ubi World Game #27 and the resolution thing was the last straw, rather than people seriously cancelling based on resolution alone.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
The reason I personally don't have an issue with The Order is because it's a standard aspect ratio (I watch a ton of movies) and will maintain the same IQ as a native 1080p output, although I would never call it 1080p. It's also rendering more pixels than 900p overall.

Arun1910

I think it will get a patch like AC4 did.

AC4 shipped at 900p on PS4 and got a 1080p patch, whose to say it wont happen with this?

Either way, not really fussed.

I get the feeling that like 95% of the preorder cancelled people were already disappointed by graphical downgrades or disappointing footage of Ubi World Game #27 and the resolution thing was the last straw, rather than people seriously cancelling based on resolution alone.

This is my situation. This was the last straw.

Detective

Am gonna buy this game ONLY if it delivers gameplay wise. To me, gameplay comes before graphics. But if both fails it will be hard to justify a purchase. Looking forward to all the coap am gonna do with my brother and friends. But Only if...

shwimpy

I think it will get a patch like AC4 did.

AC4 shipped at 900p on PS4 and got a 1080p patch, whose to say it wont happen with this?

Either way, not really fussed.
You think they downplayed the PS4 version so the One version didn't look as bad? Doubtful.

slapnuts

Multiplats are for gaming PC's and all the rest are console exclusives which are for my beloved P4. Never was going to tinker with Watch Dogs on a console anyways...so no loss here on my end. Hell i still dont really think the game is going to be that great..i may not even get it. I hope it turns out great but i have my doubts.

As for 900p...that is a resolution that is not hard to deal with imho..but anything lower is unplayable for me these days. 1600x900 is a resolution even i sometimes use on my PC when i want to use some high end AA in a game that hits the frames hard at 1080p..so i just go with 1600x900 which is 900p. My PC rig is more than capable for 1080p and 60fps with just about all games...running a 3770k@4.8thz now and my overclock on my video card is pretty sick... my 7970 Ghz Edition@1200mhz core/1600mhz memory gives me an impressive 4.4 teraflops of GPU power and its rock solid. I got lucky with the 7970 card i bought from Amazon last year...that sucker OC's so beautifully and gave me some future proofing since i use my gaming PC on a 55' Panny Plasma along side my PS4.

I honestly think the PS4 and a gaming PC is the best combo to have if you are going with one console this gen. Although i may pick up a refurbed Xbox One off Amazon later down the road if MS dishes out enough 1st party games that are simply too good to not play.

I really think it's odd that people continue to fall for Ubisoft games. Wasn't this pretty much the same thing that happened with Assassin's Creed back when it was first unveiled for Xbox 360?

Not to mention what the game ended up being in terms of gameplay mechanics, mission structure, etc.

GavinUK86

From a spanish web preview about PS4 version graphics (google translated):

http://www.vandal.net/avances/ps4/watch-dogs/20534/4/5

Glad l cancelled my PC pre-order.

I wouldn't listen to that website if I was you:
Regarding the graphics, we played the PlayStation version 4 and that it's greatest virtue was the frames per second, totally stable, something that shows what you have given a high priority, and a picture very clean and clear, thanks to the 1080p resolution.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
This game is destined to fail.

Yup. I said before that it will bomb. It looks very bland and boring. All the stuff about downgrades in visuals wont help it either. I expect an Assassins Creed III reception some will love it but will also disappoint many.

I really think it's odd that people continue to fall for Ubisoft games. Wasn't this pretty much the same thing that happened with Assassin's Creed back when it was first unveiled for Xbox 360?

Not to mention what the game ended up being in terms of gameplay mechanics, mission structure, etc.

...and Red Steel
...and Far Cry 3
...and [insert Ubisoft reveal]

I wouldn't listen to that website if I was you:

The cynicism in this thread is pretty amazing. It's not like there are a ton of other previews. but somehow this one outlet ( an outlet people have claimed is dodgey) is picked out as a barometer of truth. It might seem like I'm doing damage control but honestly I'm just trying to offer something to the discussion that isn't part of a jaded echochamber.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
...and Red Steel
...and Far Cry 3
...and [insert Ubisoft reveal]
What are you on. Far Cry 3 was one of my favorite games from 2012. I thought it was generally agreed upon that it was a solid game?

Red Steel is old enough at this point that it's not really a valid point. Red Steel 2 was pretty good, though.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
What are you on. Far Cry 3 was one of my favorite games from 2012. I thought it was generally agreed upon that it was a solid game?

Red Steel is old enough at this point that it's not really a valid point. Red Steel 2 was pretty good, though.
I think it's more that Far Cry 3 and Red Steel both did not look like they looked at E3.

Thank you for not entirely dismissing what has been a a very rocky pre-release situation for many potential buyers. Personally good reviews could still save this game for me. But it'd have to be like higher than an 80 aggregate score at this point.
Do you even Metacritic? As if that game isn't going to get an 80+.

Thank you for not entirely dismissing what has been a a very rocky pre-release situation for many potential buyers. Personally good reviews could still save this game for me. But it'd have to be like higher than an 80 aggregate score at this point.

KORNdoggy

I think the point was more the way ubisoft advertised and promoted those games with lies (fake footage, bullshots etc)

Could also be that ubisoft have a very defined copy/paste open world template created for AC and seemingly used for everything else they've made since. Far cry 3 included. It gets pretty tiresome.

GavinUK86

The cynicism in this thread is pretty amazing. It's not like there are a ton of other previews. but somehow this one outlet ( an outlet people have claimed is dodgey) is picked out as a barometer of truth. It might seem like I'm doing damage control but honestly I'm just trying to offer something to the discussion that isn't part of a jaded echochamber.

I dunno. I lost track of this thread ages ago, it moves so fast. I just saw it quoted and read through it and thought the guy who wrote it didn't have a clue.

Dr Dogg

I think it's more that Far Cry 3 and Red Steel both did not look like they looked at E3.

While I can't comment on Red Steel I'd say Far Cry 3 looked better as a final product that the reveal. Sure the foliage is one scene looked insane but go look at the model of Vaas in the reveal and compare it to even the PS3 and 360 versions and they are arguably more detailed.

the screen shot of your cancelled preorder literally made me laugh out loud, excellent stuff!

I'm not planning on picking this up, nor was I ever, but I think it's just ridiculous how they handled this game. It's starting to become typical Ubisoft with massive downgrades and mystery as to what the final game will look like and how it will perform.

The initial reveal was really, really great, but after they delayed the game, I pretty much knew it was full of crap. My hype died so fast after the delay, and never came back.

I'm just hoping they're a bit more open/honest about The Division.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Oh right, I should have read back through to see what they were talking about. :p

Yes, it's true, those games didn't look as nice in their final form as they did during the E3 demonstrations.

Top Bottom