• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2 direct feed screens

Haunted

The writing and dialogue was on par with a typical Hollywood action movie (which was obviously what they were going for), imo.

edit: well, maybe not the interjections made by enemies "I kill you! etc", but in cutscenes and when pertaining to the story.

Kittonwy

Banned
StarEye said:
Anyway, are there any cheats, or bonuses if you will, which I'm allowed to use to earn my Charted - Crushing trophy?

You can't use cheats for Crushing.
angry.gif

Haunted

DangerStepp said:
Who is that new girl?

Is Drake kinda like the Michael Keaton Batman, in that he gets a new leading lady with each new installment in the series?
New movie, new girl.

Think James Bond, or Indy (conveniently ignoring 4, which broke with the usual convention for nostalgic reasons :p ).

edit: shit, wanted to say new game, new girl. Freudian slip. :eek:

zoukka

Haunted said:
The writing and dialogue was on par with a typical Hollywood action movie (which was obviously what they were going for), imo.

Yeah it's pretty hard to deliver when you aim low.

zoukka said:
Yeah it's pretty hard to deliver when you aim low.

I think context makes a difference here...because I was controlling the character, I definitely felt more affinity with him than I would have if the story was transplanted to a movie...its a game so I suppose there was no acting going on...Anyway, Ive played pretty much all the big story driven games over the last couple of years, and this game had probably the most natural banter and unpretentious presentation...

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
So they are thinking about adding a multiplayer ^^ Yes, please :D

Kittonwy said:
You can't use cheats for Crushing.
angry.gif

I sarted to play on chrushing yesterday and I'm having a blast. The A.I. behaves MUCH more agressively than on hard mode. I feel like I'm rediscovering the game.

Still the best experience of the entire generation for me.

Haunted said:

edit: well, maybe not the interjections made by enemies "I kill you! etc", but in cutscenes and when pertaining to the story.

I think it's pretty clear they were aiming for Indiana Jones, but what they delivered was The Mummy. Which there is nothing wrong with, and is /certainly/ better than pretty much every game out there. I just wish there wouldn't be so much hyperbole about it.

I think some people are confusing the writing with the delivery. Uncharted has without a doubt some of the best voice acting I've seen in a long time. Again, that's not the quality of the writing.

I would actually like Naughty Dog to improve it, that's all. I don't see what's so fucking wrong with pointing out issues in this game that makes people fucking explode.

flarkminator said:
I think it's pretty clear they were aiming for Indiana Jones, but what they delivered was The Mummy. Which there is nothing wrong with, and is /certainly/ better than pretty much every game out there. I just wish there wouldn't be so much hyperbole about it.

I think some people are confusing the writing with the delivery. Uncharted has without a doubt some of the best voice acting I've seen in a long time. Again, that's not the quality of the writing.

I would actually like Naughty Dog to improve it, that's all. I don't see what's so fucking wrong with pointing out issues in this game that makes people fucking explode.

I think that's a fair point. I personally liked the overall package of Uncharted. I kept playing to see what was happening. No the writing wasn't Oscar calibre or anything but it did make me laugh a couple of times and kept me hooked. I'd also like to see some improvement - i.e. a move away from generic lines to something a little more original (within reason of course - it is the video game equivalent of a summer action move after all).

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Haunted said:
New movie, new girl.

Think James Bond, or Indy (conveniently ignoring 4, which broke with the usual convention for nostalgic reasons :p ).

edit: shit, wanted to say new game, new girl. Freudian slip. :eek:
Yeah, I hate this though. Elena was fucking awesome. :(

Dante

jett said:
People are actually hating on Uncharted's humor and writing?

I sure hope ND isn't paying any attention to these retards.

Agreed, ND please don't change much from the first, it was damn near perfect :)

Dyno

freethought said:
Better puzzles!

I'm hoping they kept it simple in order to not discourage casuals. Either that or they were new to the puzzle thing and are learning. Either way, yeah. Better puzzles.

More use of the little notebook.

I like the idea but he's going to need a new notebook. Drake's diary isn't going to help him this time around. If he gets a new notebook each game it might get gimmicky.

Kittonwy

Banned
flarkminator said:

Come on, Nolan North was better than Brendan Frazier.
Indifferent2.gif

Dyno said:
I like the idea but he's going to need a new notebook. Drake's diary isn't going to help him this time around. If he gets a new notebook each game it might get gimmicky.

The mechanic is that he has "SOMETHING" that has "CUES" on it. And you can look at it to garner information about puzzles at hand. I thought it was a brilliant way of masking the need of designers to put hints into most puzzles to make them walk that fine line of challenging and frustrating that pulled the player into the experience rather than push them out of it.

It can be a notebook, a map, anything! Just that they reuse the idea is all I'm saying. I certainly am going to steal it if I ever make a game like that. Om nom nom

StarEye

The Amiga Brotherhood
I think the notebook/diary thingie needs to be a bit less obvious though. I mean, as in having to interpret what the notes means yourself, instead of spelling it out for you. Just about all of the puzzles were glaringly obvious with the diary. If you've played and completed Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (no, ND weren't the first one with the diary idea):
Remember the sun stone, moon stone and earth stone puzzles? you had to interpret the diary to see how they should be placed, and especially the last of these puzzles, to get into Atlantis itself.
. Really perfect use of the diary concept. Last Crusade had a diary too, which even changed pretty much every time.

zoukka

TheBranca18 said:
It's pretty hard to take someone seriously when they're more negative than jett about EVERYTHING.

So you've read my every post? Nice!

And you're wrong btw.

PS: I love Jett's tag <3

Better puzzles!

This plus more platforming (and make me feel momentum!) and I think I'd be able to play U2. Uncharted had many things in the bag, but the balance was horrible between shooting and everything else.

flarkminator said:

depends which India Jones you are talking about...this game absolutely destroyed the newest Movie....

Probably the worst movie I have seen in the last few years...atrocious everything really. The old movies dialogue was racey and fun, nothing amazing though

With all the talking about Nate's flat butt, I'm surprised there's not been more talking about the other side of his crotch.

2hhkjrn.jpg

Nothing there either by the looks of things.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Way to hit the thread with more irrelevant crotch discussions. What's more important is the inclusion of +rag doll physics on nose hairs+(TM - LiquidMetal14). Get your priorities straight folks!

deepbrown

LiquidMetal14 said:
Way to hit the thread with more irrelevant crotch discussions. What's more important is the inclusion of +rag doll physics on nose hairs+(TM - LiquidMetal14). Get your priorities straight folks!
straight, yes. ps. drake has big willy.

gantz85

Banned
deepbrown said:
I bet he's hung.

Probably has some custom strap made out of camel leather or something just to make sure it doesn't get in the way while climbing, running and all the adventurous like.

GODDAMN GUYS.

With some thought though, feminists would rejoice at this thread.. :lol

deepbrown

gantz85 said:
Probably has some custom strap made out of camel leather or something just to make sure it doesn't get in the way while climbing, running and all the adventurous like.

GODDAMN GUYS.

With some thought though, feminists would rejoice at this thread.. :lol
I think you can see his buttons are coming undone from the strain anyway. Plus, prob grower, not shower.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
What happened to this thread?

I mean, tons of posts discussing his crotch, penis size, jeans stile, buttocks, etc...

I have to remind myself this is a game forum every time I read this thread :p.

deepbrown

Panajev2001a said:
What happened to this thread?

I mean, tons of posts discussing his crotch, penis size, jeans stile, buttocks, etc...

I have to remind myself this is a game forum every time I read this thread :p.
LOL...can't you tell what we're doing? Nate is meant to be bigger than Lara Croft (ooh, matron) and so we're trying to replicate the same gushing over his body. :D

Dyno

Chamber said:
Yeah, I hate this though. Elena was fucking awesome. :(

I'm sure Nathan thought she was awesome too... For a couple weeks at leasts.

But now, two years later, I'm sure he's more than ready to break in some new poonani.

Dyno

deepbrown said:
She prob gave him an STD.

We're drifting into fan fiction dude... So I'll start!

Nathan moved with urgent purpose, crushing his sweat-stained mass against Elena's quivering loins.

"Watch the camera," she panted, like some kind of rare jungle monkey in heat. "I can't break the camera."

Dyno said:

Nathan moved with urgent purpose, crushing his sweat-stained mass against Elena's quivering loins.

"Watch the camera," she panted, like some kind of rare jungle monkey in heat. "I can't break the camera."
:lol

Thats so wrong.

deepbrown

Dyno said:

Drake: You sure you got a tape in there? I wanna show the world my moves.

DMeisterJ

Banned
proposition said:
With all the talking about Nate's flat butt, I'm surprised there's not been more talking about the other side of his crotch.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2hhkjrn.jpg[IMG]

Nothing there either by the looks of things.[/QUOTE]

Are we looking at the same picture? Looks like there's a lot going on in the front there. Look at the strain of the denim pointing to the front, he has a hard-on while shooting.

He likes guys! No wonder he dumped Elena... Unless it was the Chlamydia... x_x

DMeisterJ said:
Are we looking at the same picture? Looks like there's a lot going on in the front there. Look at the strain of the denim pointing to the front, he has a hard-on while shooting.

He likes guys?

Nice.

Confirmation right here guys.

deepbrown

DMeisterJ said:

Ahhh it all makes sense now! His butt is small because of the side effects to having an injection in his bum for the Chlamydia.

Top Bottom