• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

United States Election: Nov. 8, 2016 |OT| Hate Trumps Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Clinton conceded, CNN "We havent projected it but its quite the development"

Incredible really

Imagine spending your whole life serving the country in some capacity or another. You wanted the make it a better place for all people. And then a con man swindles the country with a campaign of hate and intolerance. If that's not demoralizing and core shaking, I don't know what it is.

Yeah, and even beyond Hillary, winning while doing the bolded as basically the centerpiece and most prominent part of his campaign is further the most depressing part.

I'm feeling so many emotions right now. I'm mad, disappointed, sad, heartbroken. I am going to try and relax and hope for the best, but man. I cannot believe people would vote for someone like Trump. I just can't. The speech Van Jones did was absolutely incredible. He shares most of my sentiments the most.

Hope we can get through this, USA GAF.

Yeah.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I'm in DACA who recently just got married to a u.s citizen and have applied for an adjustment status.

How screwed am I?

I cant sleep at all thinking about this... my future is literally in Trump's hand. Wow

Think of it this way. Trump is a liar and a con man. Do you agree with that? Then you might agree that he's completely lying about his immigration policy to appease the Republican base.

Or.

You can think of it like this: In the case he's being 100% honest, then he's only going to attempt to deport people here illegally, which it doesn't sound like you are. And even if he tries to deport more than that, he's not a dictator and can't do it that easily. Even with the house and senate.

So don't worry. Too much. For now.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
via The Onion
Nation’s Optimists Need To Shut The Fuck Up Right Now

WASHINGTON—Saying their rosy attitude about the state of the election was not helping anything given what is currently transpiring, sources confirmed Tuesday night that the nation’s optimists need to seriously shut the fuck up as soon as humanly fucking possible. “Sure, things may look bad right now, but even if the worst happens, it’s only four years we’re talking about here,” said Santa Fe, NM resident Pete Mirenge, one of hundreds of thousands of positive thinkers across the nation who would do everyone a huge goddamn favor by closing their fucking traps right this fucking second and keeping them sealed for the foreseeable future. “This is exactly why we have a system of checks and balances—to ensure that whatever happens in the election, the executive branch never gets too much power. Think about it: Has any president been able to carry out their platform to the letter? No. Nothing’s ever as bad as it seems, believe me.” According to sources, a calm and composed Mirenge—who reportedly has about five seconds before his mouth is shut for him—then added that the country’s been through much worse and everything turned out okay.

Actually got a laugh

Zaventem

This is not a failure of democracy. Please don't try to pull that bullshit cuz no one is hearing it. This is an example of the democratic party choosing a terrible candidate and then resting on their laurels as if she was somehow guaranteed.

All the "YASSS QUEENS" in the world couldn't make her look good to the majority. Something which is needed if you want your candidate to win. Your labeling of anyone opposing her as demons, even your own fucking side, (Bernie supporters) only helped to ruin Hillary even more.

She never had anything going for her other then being the less crazy candidate. Unfortunately she forgot to capitalize on any positives or major changes that she was interested in. She left out middle America and it shows by how people voted. She left out the midwest as well. She was unable to defeat a complete garbage candidate like Trump and that's example enough of why she was the wrong choice for the democratic party.

Agreed. No amount of qualifications mean shit when people do not like you.

Most Americans disagree with you. Democracy isn't getting the results you want.

it's true, but also isn't really most--less people voted this year than in 2012.
Bush-Kerry was also this close, so was Bush-Gore.

Losing close elections is a part of it, basically all we can do now is hope for the best.

Sotha_Sil

I'm honestly in disbelief.

The fucking joke of a candidate, Donald Trump, with a party in complete disarray, won overwhelmingly over the Democrats?

They should be ashamed.

Hillary is truly a garbage-tier candidate. Was supposedly given 2008 on a silver platter, loses to a first-term senator. Given 2016 on a silver platter, struggles to put down Bernie fucking Sanders. Supposedly given 2016 general election on a silver platter, and loses to Donald fucking Trump. The Democrats will be in a far better place moving forward without her at center stage.

I never really trusted election polls in the past, but after this election, I swear to never believe any of that horse crap again. I hope the political poll industry tanks and takes down all the people who work for it.

Seriously, you have to be feeding people lies and bullshit to predict that Clinton would win by a landside, and THIS is the result of the election.

It really feels like all the white people who haven't cared in 16 years showed up at the polls tonight and no one expected them.

I certainly didn't think so many white women would turn up to throw Hillary under an obscene, sexual predator's bus, but if anyone is going to act privileged, untouchable, and fuck-you-got-mine, its gonna be us white folks.

fixedpoint

This is what can happen in a nation as diverse as the US.

We are united. For better or, in this case, worse.

Laugh all you want

I'm not laughing. And I'm not leaving. This chickenstick racist piece of shit will be out of office before his term ends.

I'm so sorry to hear that, Paul. I hope the best for your sister. A lot of needy people are going to potentially lose their healthcare; at the very least, Trump promised to "repeal and replace..."

This is all so fucked.

Thanks bud. It's a huge blow but we'll see what happens.

Thanks to everyone else who replied too.

This is not a failure of democracy. Please don't try to pull that bullshit cuz no one is hearing it. This is an example of the democratic party choosing a terrible candidate and then resting on their laurels as if she was somehow guaranteed.

All the "YASSS QUEENS" in the world couldn't make her look good to the majority. Something which is needed if you want your candidate to win. Your labeling of anyone opposing her as demons, even your own fucking side, (Bernie supporters) only helped to ruin Hillary even more.

She never had anything going for her other then being the less crazy candidate. Unfortunately she forgot to capitalize on any positives or major changes that she was interested in. She left out middle America and it shows by how people voted. She left out the midwest as well. She was unable to defeat a complete garbage candidate like Trump and that's example enough of why she was the wrong choice for the democratic party.
She called Trump's supporters "deplorables". I mean seriously. Seriously Hilz. How do you not get politics. You don't call ANY potential voters ANYTHING. Even if it is resoundingly true!!

The Beard

We needed cutthroat Hilldog to attack Trump on all of his bullshit, but we got "sweet and fun" grandma Hillary 👵.

She was too phony, too safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom