• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

United States most dangerous neighborhoods in 2014: Top 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
In order starting at #1
The most dangerous neighborhood in the nation is located in East St. Louis, Illinois. The specific location given for the violence is East St. Louis’ City Center. According to the NeighborhoodScout data, the violent crime rate is 100.97 which is incredibly a 1 in 10 chance of a person becoming a victim of a crime in the East St. Louis’ City Center neighborhood.

East St. Louis, IL: City Center – 100.97
Jackson, Tennessee: James Buchanan Dr. at 1st St. – 97.50
Atlanta, Georgia: McDaniel St. SW at Mary St. SW – 96.20
Saginaw, Michigan: E. Holland Ave. at E. Genesee Ave. – 93.65
Rockford, Illinois: 7th St. at E. Jefferson St. – 89.70
Memphis, Tennessee: Chelsea Ave. at N. Claybrook St. – 88.77
Rochester, New York: Orange St. at W. Broad St. – 88.20
Detroit, Michigan: Wyoming St. at Orangelawn St. – 85.91
Detroit, Michigan: Broadstreet Ave. at Cortland St. – 84.94
Camden, New Jersey: Whitman Park – 84.78
Detroit, Michigan: W. Jeffries Fwy. At Seebaldt St. – 84.78
New Orleans, Louisiana: Conti St. at Marals St. – 83.58
East St. Louis, Illinois: Caseyville Ave. at N. Park Dr. – 82.69
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma: NE 37th St. at N. Martin Luther King Ave. – 81.31
Baltimore, Maryland: E. Oliver St. at N. Broadway – 80.49
Cincinnati, Ohio: Central Pky. At Central Ave. – 80.21
Omaha, Nebraska: N. 24th St. at Ames Ave. - 76.95
Rockford, Illinois: N. Rockton Ave. at W. State St. – 76.73
West Memphis, Arkansas: E. Jackson Ave. at Autumn Ave. – 76.03
Chicago, Illinois: S. Indiana Ave. at E. 60th St. – 75.18
Saginaw, Michigan: Lapeer Ave. at E. Genesee Ave. – 73.17
Washington, DC: Atlantic St. SE at 4th St. SE – 72.65
St. Louis Missouri: Clara Ave. at Saint Louis Ave. – 72.09
Chicago, Illinois: S. Pulaski Rd. at W. Lexington St. – 71.55
Baton Rouge, Louisiana: N. Lobdell Ave. at Harry Dr. – 68.96

http://www.examiner.com/article/united-states-most-dangerous-neighborhoods-2014-top-25

I dare someone to take a selfie in all of those locations.

32qRLo6.gif

I'm shocked at there being 9 places in the country worse than Camden NJ. That place is a festering hive.

When moving to NJ one of the apartment complexes I was looking in the lady showing us the place told me never to go there lol. I haven't been there personally but I lived in a couple bad areas in NYC...not sure how it compares

winjet81

Saginaw, Michigan: E. Holland Ave. at E. Genesee Ave. – 93.65
Saginaw, Michigan: Lapeer Ave. at E. Genesee Ave. – 73.17

Looks like E. Genesee Ave. in Saginaw is not a place to hang out on a Saturday night.

No Los Angeles? I remember being warned not to go out at night when I was there for E3 in 2006. It was an area a few blocks from the Staples Center too, kind of surprising.

Baltimore Maryland checking in here.

Martin Luther King Ave. is not surprising at all. That's one of those places you don't go to under any circumstances unless you have no choice.

Edit: I feel dumb I thought it was talking about Martin Luther King Blvd which is still bad. But Oliver and Broadway is still a dangerous ass place.

KevinRo

Martin Luther King Ave. is not surprising at all. That's one of those places you don't go to under any circumstances unless you have no choice.

Edit: I feel dumb I thought it was talking about Martin Luther King Blvd which is still bad. But Oliver and Broadway is still a dangerous ass place.

Which is crazy because Hopkins is right there. I use to walk by in the morning wondering why so many guard posts at the corner of sidewalks were there for.

Which is crazy because Hopkins is right there. I use to walk by in the morning wondering why so many guard posts at the corner of sidewalks were there for.

Yup I work at Hopkins and on my break I sometimes walk to NorthEast market. It's crazy that there's this huge hospital in the middle of a highly impoverished area trying to save face while other people live in horrible conditions.

Good thing you're a ninja.

B'more gets a bad rep as a whole, but a lot of it is quite nice.

Holy shit, me neither (grew up in Roch-cha-cha)...would have expected Buffalo before Rochester.

my bro went to Rochester Uni, he used to tell the funniest stories of how white kids would stay out too late off campus and get mugged. all the black kids like my bro knew to get back on campus by dark lmao

Zophar

Lived about 10 blocks from 24th and Ames in Omaha for about five years. Can definitely confirm it gets ugly over there. Heard gunshots at least once or twice every week.

Where the hell is Stockton California? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!

Seriously I'm surprised it didn't make it for several lists so far.

Fuchsdh

Yeah when I saw MLK as a street name I instantly thought of MLK Blvd. in Baltimore.

For a documentary I was working on about Edgar Allan Poe we went hunting for the place he stayed that's now a museum, on N Amity. It's surrounded by rubble, and stopping for a 20-second B-roll shot was enough time for a cop to come up and tell us we really shouldn't be there (at 2PM in the afternoon.)

Partially surprised there's still a spot in there for DC. I remember even as a kid only a decade ago SE and Anacostia were verboten. These days the Navy Yard is all gentrified and a lot of the bad places on U Street are gone as well. Guess it's only a matter of time before the rest of the city gets cleaned up and converted to fro-yo and brunch joints if trends hold.

ctrl + f, "thank god"

damn relax illinois

Something in the water in Illonois? Not only ate they at the top but also populate like 1/3rd of that list.

This list is sponsored by the "Conservative Examiner" and Reboot Illinois, a conservative 501(c)3 trying to "reboot" the state for white people and corporations. A lot of "conservative" business leaders cheerlead any bad news about the state in hopes that it will help elect Bruce Rauner. They'll cry a thousand times over about how high income taxes here and cheer companies that move elsewhere in the Midwest despite the fact that all of the surrounding states have higher income taxes (except IN, but they also have county income taxes there so it actually evens out.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom