• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(US) PSN just sent me $10 US PSN credit in my inbox

BHK3

Banned
Got my $10 and spent on some shitty psn game I thought was going to be good

I remember why I never bought anything now :/

Fusebox

Banned
Maybe there's a third tier, it seems a lot of long time customers didn't get anything. Gets less likely with every passing day though.

Maybe it's $5 for $50-100, $10 for $100-1000 and if you've spent over $1000 they don't give you shit because they figure you've already got enough cash as it is.

Trigonx

I got the $10 as well. I got ps+, bought a vita on black Friday. Have had a PSN account since 2009 with very little purchases off of PS store. I've spent a boat load of money on games in the ps store as of these past 3 months since getting the Vita. Buying usually 2 games a week(if not more) on PSN. Maybe it's the recent purchasing that they are rewarding.

netguy503

I got the $10 as well. I got ps+, bought a vita on black Friday. Have had a PSN account since 2009 with very little purchases off of PS store. I've spent a boat load of money on games in the ps store as of these past 3 months since getting the Vita. Buying usually 2 games a week(if not more) on PSN. Maybe it's the recent purchasing that they are rewarding.

For those getting plus with the money why didn't you wait until march 1st? The deal would still be good and now your plus is going to end in the middle of a month instead of having a full last month. Just seems odd to me. :/

Alot of you guys need instant gratification with your money. Like an above posted paying $10 for a PSN game he didn't think he would like, turns out he didn't like it, and now regrets the purchase. I'm saving my $10 as another poster in this thread for Star Wars Pinball next week and will renew my ps plus on March 1 so I don't need to worry about only getting half a month of service.

Massa

For those getting plus with the money why didn't you wait until march 1st? The deal would still be good and now your plus is going to end in the middle of a month instead of having a full last month. Just seems odd to me. :/

Alot of you guys need instant gratification with your money. Like an above posted paying $10 for a PSN game he didn't think he would like, turns out he didn't like it, and now regrets the purchase. I'm saving my $10 as another poster in this thread for Star Wars Pinball next week and will renew my ps plus on March 1 so I don't need to worry about only getting half a month of service.

Plus is updated weekly in the US.

Did everyone have their consoles registered?

I look at my profile page on playstation.com and apparently it has listed that I only have registered my PSP.

I'm guessing that's why I didn't get the $10, seeing as how I spend a good amount of money on there and I am a PS+ member.

cjkeats

Did everyone have their consoles registered?

I look at my profile page on playstation.com and apparently it has listed that I only have registered my PSP.

I'm guessing that's why I didn't get the $10, seeing as how I spend a good amount of money on there and I am a PS+ member.

All my consoles were registered (2 PS3's a PSP and two Vita's) and I never got it.

Of course I don't get this when a game is coming out that I want that will probably be $10.

garath

No $10 for me. I have a launch PS3, a vita and a PSP. All registered. I'm not a huge PSN spender. I've maybe spent $200 over the life of the console.

Oh well. Was going to get Valkryia Chronicles 2 with it but not to be.

I know the criteria.

family-guy-manatees.jpg

/stillsalty

Curufinwe

This was quite cool then.

My only PSN game purchases since I got my PS3 in 2009 are:

Wipeout HD
Critter Crunch
Super Stardust HD
Costume Quest
RE 1
RE 2
R4
Persona 3 FES
HotD 4
Dyad
Persona 4 Golden
God Hand

So I didn't expect to get the credit.

AlexBasch

Forgot to post back here but yes, I got the voucher on the Mexican PSN+ account that a friend and I share and that was created in late 2012 (Nov or Dec), whilst our accounts, that date back to 2007 and 2009 didn't get anything at all. :p

daveo42

Banned
Pretty sure I still use those demo discs for coasters. REAL fan.

I still have those discs in a CD wallet somewhere in my house. Only true fans were a part of the Underground!

So basically it was a raffle. If you were picked by the system you get money, if not, well to damn bad.

This is why I never got a credit. Raffles and I have a standing relationship where we've agreed I will never win one.

Good on Sony though for giving members some extra dough to spend in the store.

Melchiah

Nah, you just needed to be a real fan.

I guess Sony doesn't see the Europeans and Japanese as such then.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013...s-vs-zombies-free-for-members/#comment-820008

While we don’t disclose the exact criteria used, we can say that select active PSN users were chosen to receive an XMB message that included a credit for their SEN Wallet as part of this special promotion.

Rest assured though, we’ve ensured that the feedback from the larger community was heard on this promo. Thanks!

Simple, live in North America or Canada, to be able to enter the lottery. They better make this up for the rest of the regions.

B-Dex

Well at least I got lucky this time. Probably helped I bought a bunch of digital day 1 games and dlc over the years.

MooMoo

So I got an email informing me that I got the $10 but I don't have a PS3 to view the actual message that has the code; I only have a Vita. Is there any way to view this message? I want my $10 D:

Edit: Nvm, going through the thread it seems like a PS3 is required. Screw you Sony! :p

vg260

So it was a raffle after all. Feeling slightly lucky for the $10.

"While we don’t disclose the exact criteria used" does not mean it's a raffle or random drawing. It just means they're not gonna say what the criteria is. Companies don't publicly disclose their internal marketing/promotion strategies.

Grinchy

Banned
There's no way to see if I got one of these if I only have a vita, right?

I originally thought I didn't get this $10 credit because I was only checking my messages from my Vita. The message never showed. I was on PS3 the other day and realized I did get the credit afterall. So no, I am almost certain it does not show up on Vita.

And now I have to figure out what to buy with it. Whenever I get free PSN credit like this, it's so much harder to decide what to buy than it would be if I were just spending my own money.

So I got an email informing me that I got the $10 but I don't have a PS3 to view the actual message that has the code; I only have a Vita. Is there any way to view this message? I want my $10 D:

Edit: Nvm, going through the thread it seems like a PS3 is required. Screw you Sony! :p

That sucks..I have the same problem.

Gadirok

I originally thought I didn't get this $10 credit because I was only checking my messages from my Vita. The message never showed. I was on PS3 the other day and realized I did get the credit afterall. So no, I am almost certain it does not show up on Vita.

And now I have to figure out what to buy with it. Whenever I get free PSN credit like this, it's so much harder to decide what to buy than it would be if I were just spending my own money.

I got $20 from the last promo and spent $10 on dlc from that event for LBP costumes for my bro.

With another $10 I'm saving up again to wait for some good deal.

Might get sound shapes if it goes on sale... But I already bought most of the popular PSN releases. The rest I want for + to save me.

Top Bottom