• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(US) PSN just sent me $10 US PSN credit in my inbox

Ken

Got my $10. I'll probably spend this on something dumb like costumes for a terrible game.

^You get an email telling you to open a message on your PS3.

vvhpxWV.jpg

how come Sony don't love me, man

Ken

got my hopes up for a moment :/

?

Dear PlayStation(R)Network Member,

We hope you're enjoying your experience on PlayStation®Network. As a token of our appreciation, we've sent you $10.00 to spend on the PlayStation®Store!

Check the Message Box on your PS3™ system for your unique $10.00 voucher code and simply click the attachment to redeem your credit. Code expires March 5, 2013.

Mxrz

Sony PR probably shouldn't have framed it as a loyalty thing.

Screw you, Sony. If you don't appreciate me, I'll go back to MS and their 25 cents!

Sheik

I just got the e-mail but I don't have a PS3 to redeem it... I only have a PS Vita. :|

Edit: If I got my friend to attach my account to his PS3, would the message show up after the fact?

LakeEarth

I got mine! I got the PSN message last week, but since I never check it, I didn't know until they sent me a regular email. Canada too!

I don't buy much on PSN, but I am a PS+ member and this month I put in a $20 card to buy some Final Fantasy stuff that was on sale. Maybe that has something to do with it.

P90

I just got the e-mail but I don't have a PS3 to redeem it... I only have a PS Vita. :|

Edit: If I got my friend to attach my account to his PS3, would the message show up after the fact?

My email arrived today. I'm in the same boat. I am happy about finally receiving the code, but I can't use it. :(

Sony probably doesn't consider me loyal because the hundreds of dollars I've spent on PSN were on PSP, not PS3.

Well nerts to them, I say.

I am on the same boat. I have a Vitam, do not have a PS3, neither the willing to ask a friend to add my account to his PS3 just to redeem a code.

Sounds really stupid from Sony.

FaintDeftone

I haven't gotten crap from them either. I've been an early adopter on all of their consoles. If I'm not loyal than obviously they do not know the definition of the word.

store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com

Or just sonyentertainmentnetwork.com, login, redeem code.

It does not work that way. I did not get a redeem code, I got an e-mail saying that they send me a message which I can read on my PS3 and that message contains an attachment that adds funds to my wallet. Even if that message contains just a code, I cannot gwt it since I do not have a PS3 and PSN messages cannot be read elsewhere (not on pc, not on vita).

I got the $10 and redeemed them on my account, my wallet has $10 credit now.

Can I just let them there until I see somethihg I like, or is there a time limit to spend them? Thanks.

Vitacat

I got mine. Noticed it a few days ago in my PS3's message inbox.

Note: do not check your email. Check your PS3 inbox. Not the same thing.

Sheik

I am on the same boat. I have a Vitam, do not have a PS3, neither the willing to ask a friend to add my account to his PS3 just to redeem a code.

Sounds really stupid from Sony.

I just got an e-mail from Sony with the actual voucher code. Yessss! Vita owners rejoice!

"Hi Sheikit,

We wanted to make sure you have your voucher code in case you aren't sure where to find it, accidentally deleted your XMB message, or just did not receive it.

Your Voucher Code: (code)

Redeem through Sony Entertainment Network Account Management
1) Visit: https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/cam/account/giftcard/redeem-gift-card-flow.action
2) Enter your voucher code in the space provided and click "continue"
3) Your credit information will appear and click "redeem"

Remember your code expires March 5, 2013.
Thanks,
The Sony Entertainment Network Team"

AlexM

me too. I thought it was a lost cause. You can redeem the voucher on the website now :)

time for a couple more psone classics :D

Wow, Playstation 60GB owner, and PS+ subscriber...but no $10 bonus.

Sony, you broke my heart.

I have 4 accounts that make purchases on. My main account from 06 that is the only one subbed to + with at least 1500 in purchases and tied to my vita didnt get anything. My wifes account got 5 dollars and both my daughters accounts got 10. Makes no sense.

chrono01

I have 4 accounts that make purchases on. My main account from 06 that is the only one subbed to + with at least 1500 in purchases and tied to my vita didnt get anything. My wifes account got 5 dollars and both my daughters accounts got 10. Makes no sense.

Insane. So there's literally no reason why some people are/aren't getting this offer, huh? It seems completely random.

Oh well. Here's hoping that it [eventually] makes its way to our inboxes, but honestly, I doubt it ever will. :(

It pains me to see this thread bumped up, because i foolishly think that maybe there was another wave of messages sent... oh well... them's the brakes.

OK, just to make absolutely certain, anyone can put in the code you receive, right? I'm planning on giving mine away in return for another code, so yeah. It's just a normal-ass code, right?

AlexM

OK, just to make absolutely certain, anyone can put in the code you receive, right? I'm planning on giving mine away in return for another code, so yeah. It's just a normal-ass code, right?

you enter the code into the same section redeem pre-paid cards so I would think so.

As for the inconsistency. The only thing I can think of is I made about 250$ worth of purchases over the last 3 months.

you enter the code into the same section redeem pre-paid cards so I would think so.

Oh, OK. I just saw the message on PSN and it has a button to redeem the voucher, but I didn't know whether that just went straight to the "redeem code" screen.

People are getting emails too?

Top Bottom