• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve's fake, rigged, waste of time Progress Quest troll Portal 2 ARG

neva- said:
800px-58.png

Chell is a robot? Stupid theory, but it seems odd to me that there are many pictures showing humanoid robots.

Also, the art that looks like shipping containers, looks to me like the relaxation vaults after the facility collapses. Possibly single-player spoilerish video of the vaults here

Jenga

Banned
Big Chief Crazy Cone said:
Chell is a robot? Stupid theory, but it seems odd to me that there are many pictures showing humanoid robots.
How's it stupid? For a company building AI and shit I think androids would be right up on their to-do list to one-up Black Mesa

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

Also, the art that looks like shipping containers, looks to me like the relaxation vaults after the facility collapses. Possibly single-player spoilerish video of the vaults here

Chell being an android in Portal 2 would make a lot of sense. It would even help explain why the game is rated E, if they took out the blood.

derFeef

EatChildren said:
Chell being an android in Portal 2 would make a lot of sense. It would even help explain why the game is rated E, if they took out the blood.
I hope not, would feel weird somehow.

Jenga

Banned
derFeef said:
Feet-springs.
and how is that not just as silly as her being an android?

or being a human that somehow survives for a hundred years+

either Aperture has some ghetto time-stop G-Man style (or some other equivalent) or she really is an android

kamspy

anyone in need of a Portal 2 fix, try the Blue Portals mod. It tries to ape the P2 artstyle and doesn't do a bad job. It's also really great. Good production value.

Majukun

impossible...their best attempt to build a working AI was a crazy murderer robo-bitch named glados...so they couldn't make a perfect working, pacific AI for chell so advanced that she thinks like a real human

and neurotoxin doesn't works on cyborgs/robots

derFeef

Jenga said:
and how is that not just as silly as her being an android?

or being a human that somehow survives for a hundred years+

either Aperture has some ghetto time-stop G-Man style (or some other equivalent) or she really is an android
You know that in Portal 1 Chell was in a stasis pod?

Jenga said:
How's it stupid? For a company building AI and shit I think androids would be right up on their to-do list to one-up Black Mesa

True, it just doesn't seem to me like that's a story twist that Valve would use. Given what we know, Aperture prefers robots because they supposedly can cooperate better, but Glados likes humans because she can kill them.

Majukun

fallagin said:
Im pretty sure that glados refers to you as an android at one point in portal.

because that test chamber was substitued with a training chamber for military androids,these was pre-imposted massages

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Portal Chell = Pitiful human mortal.
Portal 2 Chell = New and improved android Chell.

I have a giftable copy of Serious Sam HD 1 in exchange for any of the following games
123 Kick It
Wonderful End of The World
The Ball

PM me if interested.

EatChildren

I hope that isn't true, but this suggests they could at least make them look similar.

http://valvearg.com/w/images/thumb/6/6e/70.jpg/600px-70.jpg

It wouldn't bother me. Portal is all very tech/robot heavy, and it would fit well within the lore considering
the ~300 year gap between the two games, and Chell seemingly not having blood

Would be a fine way to explain the situation without taking a dump on canon.

derFeef

Baha said:
Maybe that was concept art for the co-op partners?
Yep, orange and blue.
EatChildren said:
It wouldn't bother me. Portal is all very tech/robot heavy, and it would fit well within the lore considering

Stasis explains it to me. Worked once, why not a second time. I like the idea of a human in the test chambers.

Baha

EatChildren said:

Wouldn't Cryostasis also explain that minus the 2nd part.

Jenga

Banned
derFeef said:
You know that in Portal 1 Chell was in a stasis pod?
That's a stasis pod?

EatChildren said:
Portal Chell = Pitiful human mortal.
Portal 2 Chell = New and improved android Chell.
That's what I was thinking, if Chell really is a human. At least in Portal 1.

EatChildren

It would.

But robots! Yay!

TheOGB

Banned
DAMN I missed a lot :O

BY2K said:
RUSH Login Page has been found! (Legit, this time.)

Go to the level "Key to Success" and places the tiles has described in this image:

http://valvearg.com/w/images/5/5b/Amnesia4thedited.png[IMG]

This will give you access to the login page.[/QUOTE]
YES!

[QUOTE=BY2K]You need to unlock the second batch of Hard Levels.

That means you need to at least complete 75% of the easy and medium levels and the first Hard levels.[/QUOTE]
FFFUUUUUUUUUU--

[QUOTE=clip][IMG]http://valvearg.com/w/images/e/ea/64.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/243/522180747_a611bb932b.jpg
Oh yes, do want :D

Forkball said:
You're a fool if you think Chell is a robot. It's clear that she's Gordon Freeman and Alyx's child from the future.
bwEap.gif

Chell ISN'T a robot?!?! I thought she was since before I even played portal. I though that was the premise of the game, you are an android.

Cipherr

Jenga said:
Chell ran around jumping from heights that would make Gordon grunt in pain and bleed profusely!

I think it make sense

The Advance Knee replacements. Thats been known for a long time.

EVH

BobTheFork said:
Chell ISN'T a robot?!?! I thought she was since before I even played portal. I though that was the premise of the game, you are an android.

Uh, what made you think that? Just asking.

Anyway, I think that Chell is not going to be a robot on Portal2. Feel like Valve wants to give the feel of humanity and isolation for our character, meanwhile everything around you is dominated by white, grey and a fucking crazy machine.

EVH said:
Uh, what made you think that? Just asking.

Anyway, I think that Chell is not going to be a robot on Portal2. Feel like Valve wants to give the feel of humanity and isolation for our character, meanwhile everything around you is dominated by white, grey and a fucking crazy machine.
What made you think she was human? Leave the extended universe stuff out (she got a knee replacement lol wtf?), it never said she was either I suppose. I just thought that was the game, 'you are an android that shoots a portal gun' Maybe she just looked like one in Portal, she sure never looked like a person when I first saw her

BY2K

Membero Americo
clip said:
Stop posting opinions that are probably going to be true you guys. :mad:

Give them a break, nothing really interesting has happened in the last hours. It's been slow.

Top Bottom