• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VANQUISH |OT| Bullet Ballet performed by the London Awesome orchestra

geeko

Funny, was reading the last page, got to the argument, blah blah blah, got to the end and couldn't even remember what game this thread was about :lol

I left thoroughly confused :lol :lol

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Amir0x said:
FREE!? What sorcery is this!?

I'm not complaining anymore since I realized I have a $25 off coupon at K-Mart. So with that, the game is $35. Well worth it even if it IS 4-6 hours.

Plus with all the other bonuses, can't go wrong
not everyone has a 25 off coupon to k-mart. like me.

send me one if you have a spare. i really want this game. :lol
but i refuse to pay 60 bucks for a 6 hour experience.

Carnby

I may be the one who posted the GI review, but I have the game paid in full.

I considered canceling my preorder but there is nothing else coming out this month that i want more than Vanquish. plus the PN Tweet put me at ease.

x Maiku x

What are the chances of most K-Marts actually having this in on the 19th? I called but of course they don't know what I'm talking about.

x Maiku x said:
What are the chances of most K-Marts actually having this in on the 19th? I called but of course they don't know what I'm talking about.

If they are having a special on it; the game will be there.

Adam J.

CaptYamato said:
If they are having a special on it; the game will be there.

Not if it's a trashy Kmart like the one down the street from me. I went in to get Enslaved (day 1) to take advantage of the $25 card and they didn't have it in stock that Tuesday. They did have Castlevania, which also had the $25 promotion, but it also had a big presence in the weekly ad (like I'm sure Vanquish will have).

bestami

Just realized that Zavvi already dropped the price for this game. Maybe there are some people concerned about the reviews ?

bestami said:
Just realized that Zavvi already dropped the price for this game. Maybe there are some people concerned about the reviews ?
To be fair, it's only an extension of last week's promo where you could get £5 off if you bought Vanquish and another game from a list. And since there were a shitload of available coupons, a lot of people preordered the game for cheap.

faridmon

WTF? Rezis banned just because of that?
Leaving this thread....

I wonder if the performance is good on both console. Now that I have both of them, I wonder which version to get

faridmon said:
WTF? Rezis banned just because of that?
Leaving this thread....

I wonder if the performance is good on both console. Now that I have both of them, I wonder which version to get

They're pretty much equal so it's all down to controller preference.

bestami said:

Grr, they've done this multiple times already. When they first listed it, it was £28. Then they did a special offer where if you bought two games you'd get £5 off. Vanquish then silently changed its price to £32 and stayed there even after the £5 off deal finished. Now they've dropped it back to £28 again, but it's still listed on my old preorder as £32. I've cancelled it now, and re-added the £28 offer. And they never gave me some crappo avatar thing I was promised for my Dead Rising 2 pre-order.

Awesome collector's edition, though simplistic, it's going to be a very cool display piece. Hope the box is not too small.

Shame it's UK only. I just hope more publishers take note that this is a nice CE. Stop with the useless crap.

Amir0x

Banned
Bad_Boy said:
not everyone has a 25 off coupon to k-mart. like me.

send me one if you have a spare. i really want this game. :lol
but i refuse to pay 60 bucks for a 6 hour experience.

I actually do have an extra $20 off coupon but... already promised it to my brother-in-law :lol

Shurs

Amir0x said:
I actually do have an extra $20 off coupon but... already promised it to my brother-in-law :lol

You do know that you can stack coupons, right? The only caveat (which doesn't apply to you in this case) is that they have to have different bar codes.

Amir0x

Banned
Shurs said:
You do know that you can stack coupons, right? The only caveat (which doesn't apply to you in this case) is that they have to have different bar codes.

Pretty sure that's not true...

Wait...holy shit...

I thought it said coupon CAN NOT be combined with another gaming coupon! But you're right, I'm reading it now and it says it can be combined.

Argh. well anyway I promised it to my brother-in-law no big loss :lol

ElyrionX

Macintosh360 said:
Oh and his contact info is eric@planetxbox360.com if you want to shoot him an email with tips or advice on how to make the site better, he's a great guy and would take constructive criticism with ease. A lot of there freelancers may not be the best writers and I know he tries to work with them, making them better writers over time. Many of our writers have gone on to do great things in the industry, so that counts for something - sorry this review may not have been the best example of what they got going on over there...

I really didnt want to drag this up the thread again but this really irks me.

You write for a living and you can't even get your there/their right? Jesus fucking christ.

ElyrionX:

1274209889937.png

Relax. Go play some video games, or something. :lol

Shurs said:
This man is right. Mine says can be used with other coupon.

Hero of Canton said:
Anyone who says this doesn't have replayability needs their head looking at. That is all.

It's magnificent.
For real. I spent at least eight hours on each demo. I can't imagine how much time I'll spend on the final game. There are so many ways you can play, and you can look so good doing it.

Three days! Get dat hype train started! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE!

Amir0x said:
Pretty sure that's not true...

Wait...holy shit...

I thought it said coupon CAN NOT be combined with another gaming coupon! But you're right, I'm reading it now and it says it can be combined.

Argh. well anyway I promised it to my brother-in-law no big loss :lol

wait, so you can stack coupons?

what is meant with the "same bar code".

For real. I spent at least eight hours on each demo. I can't imagine how much time I'll spend on the final game. There are so many ways you can play, and you can look so good doing it.

Three days! Get dat hype train started! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE!
The second demo is strange. Sometimes I can beat it in a few mins other times I suck at it.

But yes! HYPE! HYPE!!

First time through you win ugly. Second time you look pretty cool while doing it. Third time you're uppercutting gigantic mechs in their stupid faces as you glide back behind cover and smoke a cigarette to celebrate how utterly badass you've just been.

Every other third-person shooter is going to feel incredibly sluggish after this.

Also: the engine is pretty astonishing. I'm amazed anyone can think this isn't a good-looking game. In places it's absolutely spectacular.

Which would you prefer - four to six hours of brilliance, or twelve of 'hmm, yeah, pretty good'? Exactly.

thcsquad

Alright, I'm playing the demo (I think it has speed in its name). How the hell do I beat the second form of the boss? I know you have to hit body parts so he exposes the 'Argus Core', but he has that one hit kill attack that comes out of nowhere.

thcsquad said:
Alright, I'm playing the demo (I think it has speed in its name). How the hell do I beat the second form of the boss? I know you have to hit body parts so he exposes the 'Argus Core', but he has that one hit kill attack that comes out of nowhere.

You'd have to be standing still to be hit by his chest laser, seriously. Just strafe.

Despera

Banned
My friend told me the game is out. I was like WTF!? FOR REAL!??!?!

Then he said naah! It's the pirated copy...

FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Why do they get both Fallout NV and Vanquish early for free. This world is not fair.

Despera said:
My friend told me the game is out. I was like WTF!? FOR REAL!??!?!

Then he said naah! It's the pirated ucopy...

FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Why do they get both Fallout NV and Vanquish early for free. This world is not fair.
Because they are low-life scum that ruin shit for the rest of us...like GT5

Shurs

MikeE21286 said:

Let's say that I buy two 4000 Microsoft Point cards. I would get two $10 coupons. I wouldn't be able to stack both coupons towards the purchase of another game because they are the same coupon and, therefore, have the same barcode.

If I had a $10 coupon and a $20 coupon, I could stack those towards the purchase of a single game.

Hero of Canton said:
Which would you prefer - four to six hours of brilliance, or twelve of 'hmm, yeah, pretty good'? Exactly.

Ideally twelve hours of brilliance. It's very likely that I'll only play through the game once.

Amir0x

Banned
MikeE21286 said:

Two $10 Coupons = no!
Two $20 Coupons = no!
Two $25 Coupons = no!

One $10, One $20 = Yes!
One $20, One $25 = Yes!
One $10, One $25 = Yes!

This is actually preeeetty rad. K-Mart is way better than Wal-Mart for game purchased goddamn

Shurs

Amir0x said:
Two $10 Coupons = no!
Two $20 Coupons = no!
Two $25 Coupons = no!

One $10, One $20 = Yes!
One $20, One $25 = Yes!
One $10, One $25 = Yes!

This is actually preeeetty rad. K-Mart is way better than Wal-Mart for game purchased goddamn

To add a little wrinkle to the above, if you had, say, an Xbox-specific coupon, like the $25 one that came with Halo Reach, you should be able to combine it with a "general" gaming coupon, like the $25 one that came with Enslaved.

Chrange

Banned
Macintosh360 said:
But no - I'm not the EIC over there, someone by the name of Eric Bush - lives in New York I think.

Macintosh360 said:
Once and for all I am not the same person that is running that site, maybe related to him, maybe he just has the same last name as me - but your investigation tactics into other people are more pitiful that your whole argument before.

Macintosh360 said:
Yes he is my older brother....

:lol

Adam J. said:
Think I went to one when I was a kid that actually felt like a real store, as opposed to a post apocalyptic bazaar.

yeah, every Kmart I have been too is a wasteland. Products are all over the floor. Bloody children are running around the isles. The game section has tumbleweeds rolling around. Last time I went a radscorpion started chasing me. I leave thinking "never again", and there is always an again.

Don't you know? 90% of the folks in this forum don't even enjoy video games. To them, video gaming is a hobby where you complain about a game's length if its under 20 hours - and where you discuss and rage over game sales.

Then when it is around 20 hours (Castlevania LoS), they bitch saying they don't have that much time to invest into a game.

Amir0x said:
We're consumers. We absolutely have the right to complain about four hour long products when you spend $60 for them.

Nothing wrong with 4 hour games - if that game is $40 bucks or less.

Stop overreaching.

Just about any SNES or Genesis game disgrees with you.
(and everything earlier or arcade or whatever)

Also, there is that certain reviewer syndrome of playing games with a stopwatch, which is not how any player that would actively strive for better scores or abilities and so on would actuall play a game at all.

Hell, Modern Warfare 2 is a 6 hour game. And the MP sucks balls. And the hottest piece of action in economics terms since I-dont-know-what. And let's not even get started on Halo... or god of war...

How fitting that this "hourly rate" should turn out to be a valid argument when it suit your interests...

I do mean that though. hourly rates are not a good argument either, at all.

Top Bottom