• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Velocity 2X |OT| Yippee Kai Yay ************

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
26/26 perfected so far. How much tougher does it get? I'm scared.

A LOT tougher. Sometimes for good reasons, sometimes for awful reasons. Personally I stopped trying to perfect the levels with convoluted level designs that have a billion switches. Only non shitty level I have left to perfect is level 50, and that is ridiculously hard. That level messes with my brain so much.

Only 7 more perfects left. Got the perfect for lvl 50 last night which almost destroyed me, and now I'm really not looking forward to those long levels.

Feels good to be in the top 50 on the leaderboards for that last level though.

SerTapTap

A LOT tougher. Sometimes for good reasons, sometimes for awful reasons. Personally I stopped trying to perfect the levels with convoluted level designs that have a billion switches. Only non shitty level I have left to perfect is level 50, and that is ridiculously hard. That level messes with my brain so much.

95% of the time, just act like you're controlling Blue. There are only a few cases where you need to act otherwise. Those you'll just have to memorize

VLiberty

Level 50 perfected. Once I figured how to do that, especially the switch sections, it wasn't that hard.

8 more levels to go...

I always fuck it at the blue switches.

Same. The rest of the level was actually pretty easy, but those blue switches just pop towards the end and fuck everything up.

It essentially worked for me though when I just again ignored the other ship. There's a perfect run on youtube which also helped a bit.

VLiberty

Level 35 it's not hard but I manage to die every time...damn

Level 41 is plain impossible. Like 42 and 47...I'll never get that fucking platinum ;_;

Fuck the Escape the Citadel level (47). Words cannot describe how annoying it is.

Seriously though, the level encapsulates a lot of my problems with Velocity 2X compared to the first one. Rather than try to beat my times and then get a perfect medal (like in Ultra, for the most part), 99% of the time I'm dying now because of one of the platforming sections. Throughout most of the game, these sections are ok, and surmountable (although they do ramp up in annoying-ness towards the end). But in 47, they throw all the shit at you at once, particularly in the second section (the red one). Like, I can't count how many times I've died when trying to do a teledash while sliding and then hitting the red wall. So it becomes a matter of me fighting the game mechanics, rather than trying to always improve on my score. I don't remember it being that frustrating in the first game.

Either way, it's the last medal I need, so I'll probably keep plugging away at it. But that's more symptomatic of my obsessive need to complete this.

VLiberty

I think they should have just required to not die in the flying sections.

Not dying in the platforming sections is definitely too much. I hope I'll make it though, especially since I'm just at -5 perfects

edit: -4

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Don't think I'll ever Perfect everything in this game. I've done the first 35 levels or so, but man, some of the later ones feel all but impossible. I'm gonna keep trying, as I really enjoy the game, but I'm not feeling extremely confident.

VLiberty

Don't think I'll ever Perfect everything in this game. I've done the first 35 levels or so, but man, some of the later ones feel all but impossible. I'm gonna keep trying, as I really enjoy the game, but I'm not feeling extremely confident.

From 30 onwards every level is hard as fuq.

It's the third time I do EVERYTHING in the level 41 but miss something as I end with 13900 or 13940 points when I should reach 14000.

The only time I did everything, I missed the time mark by 2 seconds.

If you don't want to lose your sanity, don't do it

Woof may have to give up on the platinum for this. After level 40 the amount of precision needed and the speed at which you must do it become insane to perfect. More power to those that are able to. I just wish not dying was not part of it. lol I feel like I can nail the first or second halves of levels isolated, but the demand to be perfect for so long on a single level is too much for my thumbs.

Love the game though, and mad respect to anyone that does Platinum this.

Finalow

I've been interested in this game for quite some time, I'll activate ps+ this month anyway to play online so yeah, based ps+ putting this on september.

DONE!

IQfIU5g.jpg

The only level that was actually mechanically frustrating was 47. Other than that, the game was a blast. It does such a good job in giving the player a sense of actually getting better at a level (even though some of the levels initially feel so daunting). Now it's time to tackle the DLC missions.

VLiberty

I was THAT close to perfect 47 not once, but twice. The second time I died just before the goal... god ******* ****

Now I know what the description of the platinum refers to

EDIT: yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
url

Phear

Man, this game is taking me somewhere else. I love it so much. Almost Platin, just 3 more to perfect - 43, 45 and 47. They're long, they will drive me nuts. Any Tips for 47?

Man, this game is taking me somewhere else. I love it so much. Almost Platin, just 3 more to perfect - 43, 45 and 47. They're long, they will drive me nuts. Any Tips for 47?

It's honestly just an excruciating level. Just make sure you practice all the platforming sections to perfection, and you'll be ok eventually (though it'll probably take hours alone for this level). They luckily put the most difficult two platforming sections as the first ones though. The third one is simple, and the fourth one is fine as long as you know what to do with the telethrow.

And there are a couple of survivors that are a bit hidden towards the end after the fourth section. I missed one and finished the level otherwise perfectly. I can't tell you the rage I felt then.

47 and 50 were tough but I got through 'em. For those who've platinumed both games, which one do you think was harder? They're pretty even, but I'd give the edge to the original. It had more labyrinths that I always fucked up on.

Also, my tip for 50: literally ignore the green ship. Pretend it doesn't exist.

Phear

Did 50 already, found it quite easy. I loved the Levels where i had to boost through the most.

Im left with 47 now, seems impossible... for now. Fastest yet was 7:45 with 1 death. Seems possible, but it will take some hours.

Phear

YIPPIEEE KAI YEAAAAAA ******************

Lord, this was crazy. I did it, level 47 took me only 4 hours, lol.

Can i game be more demanding? I'm still shaking. GOTY.

ThatManTy

Neo Member
I think I'm gonna complete level 50, and try to perfect 25 (15 so far) and then give up afterwards. I know damn well, I won't perfect all 50 levels. I've enjoyed learning to play the game. When I first started, I thought I would be able to just complete each level all the way to 50, but come to find that you really must practice all the ins and outs, to advance.

Awesome soundtrack, as well.

wouwie

I finished the game with the first 32 levels perfected. I rescued all the thingies. Apparently, i need 36 crystals but according to the level overview, i found all the crystals in each level, which seems odd? I spent about 20 hours on it. I don't think i will be able to perfect many more stages since i'm way too slow but i plan to keep trying a while longer. I take my hat off to those who manage to perfect them all :)

I need to have a think about how i feel about Velocity 2X. I have somewhat mixed feelings at this point, moreso than for Velocity.

Half way through this and I have to say it's one of the most enjoyable downloadable games I've ever played. I admit I felt pretty meh when this was announced for PS Plus but oh man how wrong I was. Fantastic stuff.

Just perfected the Dual Core Pack, some levels wrinkled with my brain. I'm guessing there is another DLC pack on its way, maybe platforming levels only?

I downloaded this last month and didn't touch it.

It's raining, I played it this morning.

HOLY SHIT.

This is my favorite game this gen. I can't remember the last time I've had this much fun. When I found out I could teleport on the ship, it was awesome. When it became a platformer and I could slide teleport and shoot around, it was even more interesting.

This is too cool.

Really awesome game. It's just pure fun. Fast fun.

SerTapTap

I downloaded this last month and didn't touch it.

It's raining, I played it this morning.

HOLY SHIT.

This is my favorite game this gen. I can't remember the last time I've had this much fun. When I found out I could teleport on the ship, it was awesome. When it became a platformer and I could slide teleport and shoot around, it was even more interesting.

This is too cool.

Really awesome game. It's just pure fun. Fast fun.

Glad you gave it a shot! I'm sure far too many people downloaded without touching or ignored it completely despite PS+. It's not for everyone, but it's a real gem and highly accessible to boot.

Tizoc

So far I'm average at 2 or 3 Star Silvers.
Enjoying this a lot more then the first game, and while I ge that it's about finishing stages as fast as possible, I just take my time as best as I can.

The 2d sections are pretty good IMO.

Agent X

Has anyone noticed anything unusual when checking the "friends" scoreboard on the PS Vita version of the game over the last few days?

I posted about a problem that I had with online scoreboards over the last few days in the thread for Futuridium EP Deluxe (see this post and this post specifically). A couple of hours ago, I also observed a similar problem with the online scoreboards in Velocity 2X on the PS Vita, even though I had been playing for four weeks prior to that with no issues. The problem only seems to affect the Vita versions of these games, not the PS4 versions.

If I examine the "friends" scoreboard on Velocity 2X, it shows several friends with a 0 score. These friends are all people that I've never seen playing the game before, and all have usernames starting with A or B, listed in ascending alphabetical order. Meanwhile, friends that I know for a fact have been playing the game on a regular basis are not listed. Oddly enough, my own username (which starts with A) isn't listed, so I cannot even check my own score in this game.

This game also has a "near" scoreboard, which pulls scores from nearby users. These scores are all also 0--mostly from people that I again never saw playing the game, while people that I've seen before (some with really great scores) aren't listed.

If I switch over to PS4, the "friends" scoreboard appears completely normal. (There is no "near" scoreboard on PS4.) My scores are on there, and the friends that I know play the game are also on there, while friends that have never played the game are not listed. This is exactly the way the Vita game used to work.

I believe this could have something to do with the most recent firmware update, which was released on October 1. (Prior to tonight, the last time I played the Vita version was on September 29, before the firmware update was released.)

If you've been playing Velocity 2X on Vita (and maybe Futuridium EP Deluxe, also), please check your online scoreboards, and tell me whether you're experiencing the same problem.

Tizoc

I'm playing 10 stages a day. Even when they intorduce more concepts it doesn't take away from the 'speed' of the game although the
2D teleport pods are annoying, in fact just aiming takes for freakin' ever...

well i enjoyed this game alot. cleared every level and just went to gold the speed levels afterwards. i don't think i'll go for 100% perfect though. i mess up at the teleporting mechanic too often (ps4).

the OST totally grew on me. i wish it was available on CD.

Tizoc

Is it me or are all tracks remixes of the main theme, if not most of them?

15 levels to go will try to finish 5 today at least since they seem to be longer now heh.

Sintoid

Hey Gaf I'm having some kind of problem with Velocity 2X
In each stage you have to reach 4 achievements in order to gain the Perfect score, right? Time, Rescues, Crystals and Points.
I don't understand why since last update this rule seems not to work in the usual way. Let me explain. I started a new stage (I think it was stage 42) and completed it with only 3 of the 4 achievements, I only lost one survivor but made a great time, 10 second less than the required time. Next try I made it to complete all the 4 achievements but Perfect did not appear. The reason? I completed the stage in a shorter time than required but I did not beat my own time!
Did something like this happen to you? I had the same problem even with another stage, I don't undestrand if this is a bug or I am missing something, beating your own record to gain the perfect score seems to be completely unreasonable to me...

Help me gaf!

SerTapTap

Hey Gaf I'm having some kind of problem with Velocity 2X
In each stage you have to reach 4 achievements in order to gain the Perfect score, right? Time, Rescues, Crystals and Points.
I don't understand why since last update this rule seems not to work in the usual way. Let me explain. I started a new stage (I think it was stage 42) and completed it with only 3 of the 4 achievements, I only lost one survivor but made a great time, 10 second less than the required time. Next try I made it to complete all the 4 achievements but Perfect did not appear. The reason? I completed the stage in a shorter time than required but I did not beat my own time!
Did something like this happen to you? I had the same problem even with another stage, I don't undestrand if this is a bug or I am missing something, beating your own record to gain the perfect score seems to be completely unreasonable to me...

Help me gaf!

You have to not die and meet all 4 (if applicable) requirements, shouldn't have to beat your own time for sure. Are you sure you didn't die and sure you didn't just barely miss the par time?

Sintoid

You have to not die and meet all 4 (if applicable) requirements, shouldn't have to beat your own time for sure. Are you sure you didn't die and sure you didn't just barely miss the par time?
I'll try again making sure I didn't die but I'm quite confident I already did...

Tank you for the advice!

Top Bottom