• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Velocity 2x - Review thread

EGOMON

Downloading thanks Sony for giving this awesome game on PS+ also guys don't forget to support the devs

kiguel182

I had no idea about this game but all of this hype is getting me pumped, I'm not super in the mood for a shmup but I'll give it a spin for sure.

frizby

Wassup folks!

Really happy the reviewers shared our opinions =)

So we asked Twitter what they'd like to see streamed, and we got a definite 'DLC' answer - so we're streaming the DLC at 10pm UK time (about 15 mins from now) over here:

http://www.twitch.tv/futurlab

Come and watch if you fancy it!

Cheers,
James

After playing the first 7 or 8 levels, I have to say...

Job well done!!!

Cheers!

SirCrush

Funny that the best two games are Resogun and V2X

Had fun with Resogun. I am enjoying Velocity 2X...but I've had a much better - and deeper - time with Shadow Fall and Second Son.

This whole "the best games are indie" argument only applies to those who like those sort of things. The triple A games are still better and more worth my money. But...you know...the internet and its buzz train.

frizby

Had fun with Resogun. I am enjoying Velocity 2X...but I've had a much better - and deeper - time with Shadow Fall and Second Son.

This whole "the best games are indie" argument only applies to those who like those sort of things. The triple A games are still better and more worth my money. But...you know...the internet and its buzz train.

nbNeUCC.gif

Better is debatable. You couldn't pay me to waste time with Shadow Fall.

That's cool. It's ok to like the games you like. Whether they be triple A or indie.
But please don't claim that people only like indie games because of an "internet buzz train".

Not necessarily; PS+ is 100% up for debate. Just Cause 2 for instance generated no money but some others apparently get lumpsome or per-download payments. Probably not wholesale in most cases, but indies wouldn't go in for it if they didn't think it was worth it.

Still surprised Futurlab went for it--usually indies have been doing a "first released game is on PS+" thing, where futurlab is reasonably well established, or so I thought.

Square Enix made money on the Just Cause 2 PS+ offering, not Avalanche.

nelchaar

Fantastic. Futurlab is my fav indie; they deserve all the success in the world. Will buy the DLC to support Velocity 2X.

Really loving the platforming sections. Was happy to see such a good balance of both ship flying and platforming.

One thing that I feel is a bit tricky is teleporting the ship. Feel like maybe they could have moved that to the right stick. It works much better when you're platforming.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm curious about the actual breakdown. Don't think anyone has ever shared how it works, but it'd be interesting to see
There was one article a while ago that gad a vague description of it. Some compensation just for it to be available but more downloads equals more money on top of that. I guess downloads is the wrong word since I think it's based on "buying" the games. A big part of the reason I always make sure I claim all of the PS+ games.

sector4

I'm curious about the actual breakdown. Don't think anyone has ever shared how it works, but it'd be interesting to see
Those sorts of documents came out during the Phil Fish hack I think. From the comments on GAF it was a percentage of each "sale" Sony would pay back to the dev.

Edit: beaten

SerTapTap

Really loving the platforming sections. Was happy to see such a good balance of both ship flying and platforming.

One thing that I feel is a bit tricky is teleporting the ship. Feel like maybe they could have moved that to the right stick. It works much better when you're platforming.

With few exceptions, there is a very specific amount of movement required in teleport sections. It actually works a lot more like it does in the platforming segments than you'd think once you've got the timing town. Alternately, use the touch teleport on Vita.

Kfwtw3T.png

thumb

Banned
Check out the Credits screen on your flight computer! You have full control over Kai while the credits roll, and you can jump on top of names as they scroll and teledash around and through them.

Chille

I loved this game so much my review ended up with a 9.5 :D it is an amazing game and another classic by the Futurlab team

SerTapTap

Check out the Credits screen on your flight computer! You have full control over Kai while the credits roll, and you can jump on top of names as they scroll and teledash around and through them.

Shoot them! There's a trophy in it for you.

Loving this as I knew I would.. Loved velocity from the psp days. So awesome switching between the side scrolling and flying parts. Although I suck at those. Switching between running and then using the right stick to shoot is throwing me off for some reason. Guess I'll just get used to it eventually

Top Bottom