• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Vita] Gravity Rush/Daze - 15 min gameplay video

Takao

Banned
But SCEJ really needs to step up and bring back their heyday of PS1. Remember those crazy games like elemental gearbolt and omega boost?

They're trying to bring back the crazy stuff. PlayStation C.A.M.P. (which has brought us Patchwork Heroes, and the upcoming Tokyo Jungle) titles are the definition of that. The only issue is that unlike during the PSone days, these games aren't selling.

kuroshiki

They're trying to bring back the crazy stuff. PlayStation C.A.M.P. (which has brought us Patchwork Heroes, and the upcoming Tokyo Jungle) titles are the definition of that. The only issue is that unlike during the PSone days, these games aren't selling.

They haven't release anything for like 10 years. I need my yarudora fix, now.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Ok, so the DLC announcement will be coming today after all, since fans expected it after that tweet.

Claude

Catalina's bitch

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
DLC announcement:
3 packs, one every week, each with a 400 yen price tag.
The contents of the first one:
New costume:
vXGG8.jpg

Xu92s.jpg

2 missions:
- Infiltration mission (uh.)
- Stopping a supposedly dead villain.
2 challenges:
- Gravity throw battle
- Gravity gauge race (means you start with an empty bar and have to collect crystals to fill it)

Super excited.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I hope they support the Vita more then they did PS3, I love their stuff but they JS seem to release 1 or 2 titles and disappear.

http://www.japanator.com/kitten-s-back-gravity-rush-dlc-debuts-march-22-22268.phtml

A quick post I made with some translated info for the non-Japanese folk. Story mission names are a little bit janky, so I apologize.

The first pack is the "Spy" part, which features one costume, two story missions and two challenge missions for 400 yen. The first story mission, roughly titled "I beg your pardon sir" sees Gravity Kitten taking a request from officer Cid to infiltrate an organization called the Rabbit Network. The second mission, "Dream of the ghost", sees a previously killed enemy make his surprising return as the city is plunged into chaos.

**siiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh** The fact that Europe/Australia isn't getting a boxed version crushes my soul.

I'd import, but then I miss out on the DLC. Gah, maybe I should have made a US account! :(

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Toyama has confirmed that a few trophies will be included with the DLC.
He also tweeted, that clearing the DLC missions will let us advance Kitten's powers even further! This was to be expected, since most of the powers are locked a few ticks before the end of the bar. Still, good news.

I just wonder if the last DLC will contain any kind of a "true last mission" or something like that.

mujun

I just can't get into this game. I think that if it were a console release then I'd totally dig it (minus a little of the dialog).

mujun

Why would you be more interested in the game if it was a console release?

I find it a little hard to control with the smaller sticks and buttons, the camera is a bit wonky and the whole flow of the game seems more suited to playing on a console. I say that last one with the caveat that I'm not much of a handheld gamer.

Claude

Catalina's bitch

JWong

Banned
I just beat thr storyline and what a ride. Very memorable from an art design and gameplay point of view. A tad on the easy side in story mode (died only three times) but the challenges look to be a lot of work.

Imo, guys, hold off on import until western version. I imagine there's a lot of charm in the characters and story that may be lost in translation.

Fantastic game though.

Still gonna import.

Gonna buy it twice!

Top Bottom