• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita is like having a girl with ... 4 breasts.

I think the bad thing about the ad is not the "clever" idea but the fact that they're using the backtouch as the hook. Even if you catch the consumer with the front-side/back-side boobs you don't give a compelling reason why a touchscreen on the back of a device should make you get out and spend EUR 250 on it.

Sony seems to lack a vision on how to sell the PSV.

Obviously live blogging his momentous feat.
It's a QWOP cosplay (and I think it's brilliant).

Because it's Sony.
It's a conspiracy!

Richie

What if you're a female gamer? I want to see the ad with a dude packing extra junk in his trunk.

Penis in the back -and- front? But how would we crap, eh, answer me th-

5826904_std.jpg

Nevermind.

Kiryu

I find that they're trying to attract mature gamers with pairs of boobs. . .

I wonder how does it feel like if I have that woman as my girlfriend.

I find that they're trying to attract mature gamers with pairs of boobs. . .

I wonder how does it feel like if I have that woman as my girlfriend.
I imagine it's pretty cumbersome having an extra pair out of reach.

I mean... how are you supposed to check for lumps?

This has got to be the dumbest line of thought when it comes to advertising. The idea that any good ad is one that makes you aware of the product is good is just false. An ad does nothing if it is so obnoxious or offensive that it damages (or at least doesn't drive) sales. Stop posting this stupid argument please.

Geez calm down.

Tell me what a good ad is if it doesnt get people talking? I dont find it bad either, if it targets an audience and if it makes sense to them, then it works. If it doesn't work for you, then move on. How would it harm sales?

This is clearly advertised at males, I'm sure most of the dudebros would appreciate the humour. Obnoxious? Offensive? Sure, maybe, but what does that have to do with anything?

I dont think it will drive sales, nor do I expect it to, but if I'm some casual bypasser, flipping through a magazine and I see that, I'd chuckle and that analogy would stick in my head for a minute or two. It's a simple magazine ad touting back-touch by using something sexual. What's the big deal?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
The rear touch is more like a clit. You can't really tell where you're touching, but sometimes you hit it by accident.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Geez calm down.

Tell me what a good ad is if it doesnt get people talking? I dont find it bad either, if it targets an audience and if it makes sense to them, then it works. This is clearly advertised at males, it's not a hard connection to make. Obnoxious? Offensive? Sure, maybe, but so what?
They should bring back the levitating baby that cried blood. That made for some good water cooler talk.

Geez calm down.

Tell me what a good ad is if it doesnt get people talking? I dont find it bad either, if it targets an audience and if it makes sense to them, then it works. This is clearly advertised at males, it's not a hard connection to make. Obnoxious? Offensive? Sure, maybe, but so what?
The question is: "Does it make it more or less likely for someone to buy?"

This isn't funny, it isn't witty. It's hardly evocative. This is a joke I made in 1993. But I didn't have photoshop then.

And yet Sony won't let eroge be published on the system. That'd save it, at least for a little subset in Japan. Pink label Vita games would be the funniest thing.

Perkel

Banned
And yet Sony won't let eroge be published on the system. That'd save it, at least for a little subset in Japan. Pink label Vita games would be the funniest thing.

What are they thinking ! They need eroge games with onahole attachment. Mass Efect here we go !

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
I can't think of a better way to promote the two touch screens in one still.

This ad is excellent.

DonMigs85

I wonder why Sony Europe loves these controversial ads.
First the crown of thorns, then the black/white woman PSP ads, then penis thumb...

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Geez calm down.

Tell me what a good ad is if it doesnt get people talking? I dont find it bad either, if it targets an audience and if it makes sense to them, then it works. If it doesn't work for you, then move on. How would it harm sales?

This is clearly advertised at males, I'm sure most of the dudebros would appreciate the humour. Obnoxious? Offensive? Sure, maybe, but what does that have to do with anything?

I dont think it will drive sales, nor do I expect it to, but if I'm some casual bypasser, flipping through a magazine and I see that, I'd chuckle and that analogy would stick in my head for a minute or two. It's a simple magazine ad touting back-touch by using something sexual. What's the big deal?

The problem is ads have two jobs: inform and sell. The "it got people talking so it must be good!" line that's so often thrown out in these threades completely ignores the second half of what an ad is supposed to do. The flip side is if an ad is seen as obnoxious or offensive it can cause people to avoid the product resulting in lost sales. I know I've personally avoided retailers/products because I couldn't stand the ads.

yurinka

Doritos Pope is not amused.

geoffking5ikci.png

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
The rear touch is more like a clit. You can't really tell where you're touching, but sometimes you hit it by accident.
I wonder why Sony Europe loves these controversial ads.
First the crown of thorns, then the black/white woman PSP ads, then penis thumb...
Considering their Euroland sales, they seem to work.

Top Bottom