• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Volition (Saints Row) to show new unannounced project at PAX Prime?

kudoboi

https://twitter.com/DeepSilverUK/status/505263600420667392/photo/1

BwMOkScCEAABpCV.jpg

JNA

Banned
I would rather have a Saints Row 2 HD port for PS4/XOne/PC.

It's kinda a shame since Saints Row 3, it pretty much lost that touch that the previous two Saints Row had that made it a real competitor against the GTA games. Saints Row 2 had a very good story, great characters, had a good combination of humor and seriousness. And it had a pretty damn good multiplayer too. It was overall a great game.

...Then Saints Row 3 happened and for some reason, the developers thought the funny stupid parts were the only things people cared about from the series and decided to only include that, and up it to freaking 20. Than Saints Row 4 and doubled that with super powers, aliens, and crazy nonsense. I'm all for crazy nonsense in some games here and there but not for Saints Row. At least IMO.

At this point, Saints Row is not even the same games from 1 and 2. You might as well call them...I don't even know at the moment lol. Saints Row 4 didn't do much for me after Saints Row 3 so I have more hope 5 DOESNT happen than actually have it happen. Unless SR5 goes back to its roots from 2 and they just completely retcon the last two games. Otherwise, I would rather see these developers make something else and give SR a break for now.

jonno394

Saints Row fighting against a demonic apocalypse would be brilliant.

Saints Row 3 and 4 were some of my favourite games from last gen, so got high hopes for the next one.

I would rather have a Saints Row 2 HD port for PS4/XOne/PC.

It's kinda a shame since Saints Row 3, it pretty much lost that touch that the previous two Saints Row had that made it a real competitor against the GTA games. Saints Row 2 had a very good story, great characters, had a good combination of humor and seriousness. And it had a pretty damn good multiplayer too. It was overall a great game.

...Then Saints Row 3 happened and for some reason, the developers thought the funny stupid parts were the only things people cared about from the series and decided to only include that, and up it to freaking 20. Than Saints Row 4 and doubled that with super powers, aliens, and crazy nonsense. I'm all for crazy nonsense in some games here and there but not for Saints Row. At least IMO.

At this point, Saints Row is not even the same games from 1 and 2. You might as well call them...I don't even know at the moment lol. Saints Row 4 didn't do much for me after Saints Row 3 so I have more hope 5 DOESNT happen than actually have it happen. Unless SR5 goes back to its roots from 2 and they just completely retcon the last two games. Otherwise, I would rather see these developers make something else and give SR a break for now.

Urgh. Seriously I hope for the exact opposite.

Saints row 1&2 were filler c-tier games. In fact GTA5 basically incorperated most of what was good in old school saints row bar insurance fraud. It has also raised the stakes in production values so high that you cannot have a direct competitor any more. A saints row set in the same vein as 1&2 is going to look even more like a poor imitation than 1&2 were.

Let saints row be its own thing. In fact I wouldn't even mind if they ditched the open world entirely. Just create a entertaining 15 hour romp with side activities.

Trying to compete with GTA would be a death sentence for this studio at this point.

JNA

Banned
Could be worse. Given Deep Silver's recent output, could be making Volition make Dead Saints Island.

Oh god, all you have to do is have the writers from the guys that made Spore write the game as well and you get " Spore: Dead Saints Island".

The ultimate game of disappointment, all in one! XD

How long ago was SRIV? I wouldn't be surprised if they have some wacky DLC where you're superpowered and it's set in Hell where you have to battle demons and Satan himself.

gabbre

How long ago was SRIV? I wouldn't be surprised if they have some wacky DLC where you're superpowered and it's set in Hell where you have to battle demons and Satan himself.
SRIV was originally intended as DLC for Saints Row The Third (Enter the Dominatrix), I really hope this is a new full fresh game

Squire

Banned

SRIV was originally intended as DLC for Saints Row The Third (Enter the Dominatrix), I really hope this is a new full fresh game

There's zero chance Deep Silver is funding DLC for a year-old, last-gen game that can easily be found for ~$20.

They've already confirmed it is a new game, anyway.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Interested to hear what the ouija board stuff is about, but if it's just "This time you have super powers because Ghosts" then I'll probably pass, SR4 was bordering on outstaying it's welcome for me, definitely time for a big shift.

Denzar

So, they are doing a "This is the End" style Saints Row thing then?

If it's Saints Row, please be in a different city and please be current gen only.

Top Bottom