• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Volition (Saints Row) to show new unannounced project at PAX Prime?

Jamie OD

Saints Row 666 with Bat Out Of Hell used for its big song moment? I dig it. Although I think it may be much more than just paranormal stuff.

It probably involves a relative/ancestor of Kinzie. (*name*) Kenzington.

From the clue we can infer the Saints in this version are possibly a cult and that it's a period piece.

Holy shit yes. Volition crazy time and I love it. That would be awesome.

If Saints Row 666 happen I will be a happy man.

Corpekata

Banned
IV leaves everything open as they can do anything with that premise at the end.

Plot wise, yeah. Thematically, and as far as how far they could go with the absurd stuff? Not so much. They pretty much closed every dangling thread and character arc (beyond the twist at the end).

nibblemonkey

Neo Member
That ships kinda sailed for the Saints Row universe without some serious retconning. It's almost impossible to pick up where SRIV left off.

I'd kinda go with the opposite with it suggesting a squeal considering they
mentioned that they had a time machine or were going to claim a new planet depending on the ending you got

I recently replayed Saints Row IV and it gets so many things right.. its open world shenanigans are so much more seamless and emergent than Watch Dogs, GTA IV or Sleeping Dogs.

And despite the bonkers story, it does dialogue and characterisation far better than most games.

Curious to see where they go next.

I wish you'd ignored the thread honestly. Utterly useless shitpost.
I'm sorry that you're so offended by what another person thinks.

Christ, I was only expressing disappointment at the fact it seems to be continuing down the pseudo-zany route, if you think that was a shitpost then you have no idea what one is.

Oh man, I just hope it's as crazy as SR3 and 4 were.
Saints Row 3 was one of the funniest experiences I had over the course of the last generation.
SR4 was a good step in the same direction, but it didn't click as much as SR3 did.

Also I hope SR5 will once again have a soundtrack from the gods. Because the soundtrack of SR3 and 4 were undeniably among the best soundtracks ever. For me at least.

EDIT: Also I will be SO MAD if the Dubstep Gun doesn't make a return. It was by far my favorite weapon in SR4.

SparkTR

I would not mind a remastered collection of SR1/2, especially the first since it never made it to PC. Seems like an easy way to make some money.

Jamie OD

I would not mind a remastered collection of SR1/2, especially the first since it never made it to PC. Seems like an easy way to make some money.

Would it? I always thought the series got popular from 3 onwards and the first two were just seen as bland GTA clones.

laserlemming is saying Deep Silver released this image

Something-wicked-this-way-comes.jpg

Saints Row V?

Looking forward to this. I only played bits of SRIV, but I loved SRIII. The "Power by Kanye West" scene and all of the humor made me stick with the game for a while. Love wacky games like that.

ZeroX03

Banned

jimi_dini

I recently replayed Saints Row IV and it gets so many things right.. its open world shenanigans are so much more seamless and emergent than Watch Dogs, GTA IV or Sleeping Dogs.

It's also insane that they made a game, that lets you have superpowers almost right from the start, and it actually works out. I just loved it. First DLC was pretty bad though (in comparison to Saints Row 3), however the 2nd DLC was worth it.

FHIZ

The 666 thing makes me think they are just going to do Saints Row VI, which would be perfectly Saints Row of them to do.

"We is proud to Announced Saints Row 666. We skipped 5 so peopple don't thing we on sum GTA5 level SHIT, and went to 6. Den that not good enough so we just put three 6s m8"

Top Bottom