• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing with the Nidus Warframe and I'm loving it. I managed to level up from like 8 to 22 in one long gauntlet of protect the capsule/pod with some people. Nidus has great crowd control tools that actually boost his strength at the same time.

Nidus is one of the best designed Warframes out there. I'm sad his maggots don't pop on their own any more like they did at release, but he's so much fun. Make sure you're using Parasitic Link on allies if you're not in danger of dying, the power strength boost you both get makes a big difference in play.

Is there a quick way to check what amount of my Platinum is tradable?

Hop into a trade with someone and see what your current amount is? You only start out with 50, and IIRC that is spent first in the market before it deducts from your tradable amount.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Caved and bought Oberon Prime. I am up to 6666 plat again. I guess I'll just start buying shit, ha.

Problem is I love love love playing Frost Prime, so I don't know who to level next.

PatzCU

Gave this game a serious go after several false starts due to the recent update hype. Really enjoying it actually. Perhaps this is just the thoughts of a naive new player but this has been a nice change of pace from the rage-inducing Overwatch competitive mode. I'm finding it difficult to be smooth with the Excaliber parkor so perhaps I'll need to do some new keybinds but otherwise really liking how the game moves/shoots/controls.

Quick question: When I am queuing for missions and see a suggested level of say 7-9, what does that mean? Like my frame should be level 7-9? Mastery rank? Weapons?

Shengar

Quick question: When I am queuing for missions and see a suggested level of say 7-9, what does that mean? Like my frame should be level 7-9? Mastery rank? Weapons?

It's the level of your enemy. You shouldn't really paid much attention to it if you have decent weapon/frames that above that level or not playing endless mission.

=========

Finally caved in and bought Ember Prime for platinum. Considering she's just vaulted out earlier this year, I don't think there will be another vault prime for her anytime soon considering Loki and Nyx is probably already on the next waiting line :/

I'm finding it difficult to be smooth with the Excaliber parkor so perhaps I'll need to do some new keybinds but otherwise really liking how the game moves/shoots/controls.

Every Warframe has the same parkour movement, and it's just going to be a matter of learning the motions. Go through that practice tutorial a few times. The general motion you want to get down is run > crouch (to slide) > jump (to bullet jump) > tap run (to roll in the midst of your jump) > hold crouch (to slide as you hit the ground) > repeat jump/slide alternation. That's the fastest horizontal movement motion. Just getting the slide into bullet jump will speed things up immensely.

The levels displayed are the starting levels of the enemies in that mission.

VandalD

so is the GAF clan still active in this game?
Somewhat. The clan is currently full.

Gave this game a serious go after several false starts due to the recent update hype. Really enjoying it actually. Perhaps this is just the thoughts of a naive new player but this has been a nice change of pace from the rage-inducing Overwatch competitive mode. I'm finding it difficult to be smooth with the Excaliber parkor so perhaps I'll need to do some new keybinds but otherwise really liking how the game moves/shoots/controls.

If you have a mouse with more than the standard three buttons, I'd recommend putting crouch toggle to one of your extra mouse buttons. Being able to press mouse button + spacebar to bullet jump (especially if holding shift to sprint) made things a lot easier for me, and made sure I'm not killing my left hand.

Unfortunately, enemy level isn't something you can match up to anything you have in order to know for sure that you're ready for the mission. You just have to jump in and see how it turns out. As a very loose rule, the higher your primary damage mods are in your weapons (Serration, Hornet Strike, Pressure Point, Point Blank), the higher the level of enemies that you can probably deal with.

Caved and bought Oberon Prime. I am up to 6666 plat again. I guess I'll just start buying shit, ha.

Problem is I love love love playing Frost Prime, so I don't know who to level next.

I'm at about 10K plat but I mainly spend it on boosts instead of buying parts outright. I should probably start buying parts outright. I still need to finish Valkyr Prime, Banshee Prime and a couple others. I still need to grab Limbo, Chroma, Harrow, Octavia and Nidus.

For you guys, what is your most used frame? For me is probably Nova Prime. I'm a fan of Slova.

Naite

For you guys, what is your most used frame? For me is probably Nova Prime. I'm a fan of Slova.
I rotate between atlas, mesa, and frost most of the time.

Atlas for punching everything and walls are somewhat nice for kuva floods. It's nice that his 1 ability works on enemies that most usually don't work on (the added invincibility helps too). I just learned recently that his walls block kuva clouds from advancing too.

Mesa for shooting gallery to protect my teammates without actively looking out for them.

Frost for general defense and armor reduction ability.

Lately I've been using Oberon and ember since their knockdown abilities is insane on high level missions with my obex build.

Zackat

I somehow got into a crazy mission yesterday where we kept drilling up artifacts or something. I got straight carried, because the bad dudes got to an absurdly high level.

Boot up the game to find out that gaf clan kicked me out after a paltry three years of inactivity. Sad =/

Still wrapping my head around all the new things. Good to see that my latron prime remains quite solid (although it appears that Something happened, since i got more mods on it than the capacity would allow). Cooking up a Dread and the bits for that spaceship/something quest thing.
-
ok, just learned about disposition

that is legit one of the cleverest mechanics ive seen in years (if it works as intended)

Is there a way to earn platinum in game or is it purchase only?

You can earn plat by using the trade market but you need good stuff to sell (rare mods for example) and people willing to buy first.

So if RNGGod is kind to you to have a supply and you can get customers then its possible.

If you are starting and/or have no interest in doing the above then purchasing is a good bet, hell it can also help kickstart what i mentioned above and its nice to give the developers your support.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So where does one farm credits? And is there a list of places to farm specific mods?

Also is there a reason to pick one faction over another?

Unrelated to questions, Arch-Wing is not nearly as bad as I thought. It's actually kind of fun. I should probably work on my mods for that stuff since it still contributes to my account level for that delicious mastery!

VandalD

So where does one farm credits? And is there a list of places to farm specific mods?

Also is there a reason to pick one faction over another?

Unrelated to questions, Arch-Wing is not nearly as bad as I thought. It's actually kind of fun. I should probably work on my mods for that stuff since it still contributes to my account level for that delicious mastery!
The best way to farm credits is to run raids. If you can't or won't run the raids, then Akkad, Eris to 5 waves will get you a good chunk of credits. Aside from that, sorties can give a decent amount of credits too. You get double credits on your first mission of the "day." So if you wait to do the 3rd sortie mission after the daily reset (7 hours from the time of this post), you can get 100k credits. I've seen people run The Index medium risk for credits too.

Faction? You mean syndicate? They all have their own lists of rewards. The best weapons from syndicates happen to be in Steel Meridian (Vaykor Hek and Vaykor Marelok) and Red Veil (Rakta Cernos), and those two syndicates happen to be allied, so those are popular choices, I'd say.

I like archwing well enough. It can be a nice change. During that time where you couldn't turn off the full rotation though it was near unplayable for me. So I really hope they keep that toggle.

Faction? You mean syndicate? They all have their own lists of rewards. The best weapons from syndicates happen to be in Steel Meridian (Vaykor Hek and Vaykor Marelok) and Red Veil (Rakta Cernos), and those two syndicates happen to be allied, so those are popular choices, I'd say.

PREACH.

Still my favorite secondary weapon.

These days, I run Rhino prime a lot. The Ironclad charge augment mod means I can get crazy iron skin, I've gotten as high as 54,000 hp. The cc and ally buffs are solid so it can run just about anything.

VandalD said:
You mean syndicate? They all have their own lists of rewards. The best weapons from syndicates happen to be in Steel Meridian (Vaykor Hek and Vaykor Marelok) and Red Veil (Rakta Cernos), and those two syndicates happen to be allied, so those are popular choices, I'd say.
Synoid simulor comes from Cephalon Suda and is probably the most effective room clearing weapon in the game. Fortunately, Suda is workable with a veil/meridian set up.

VandalD

It's not indicative of what I use these days, but my most used looks like this. I haven't used regular Mag in a very long time, but since she was my starter (and used to melt Corpus), she got a lot of play.

These days, I run Rhino prime a lot. The Ironclad charge augment mod means I can get crazy iron skin, I've gotten as high as 54,000 hp. The cc and ally buffs are solid so it can run just about anything.

Synoid simulor comes from Cephalon Suda and is probably the most effective room clearing weapon in the game. Fortunately, Suda is workable with a veil/meridian set up.
Rhino is so good for when you can get him. Huge tanking ability, a good damage buff, and he gets so pissed that he stops time in a wide area around him. He's fun.

Haven't tried Synoid Simulor since the nerf. And I've been told that it wasn't a nerf and you just have to use it differently. I never really liked the weapon even when it was easy to use though. See it a hell of a lot less in public games now. Barely see Mirage too, come to think of it.

Naite

Haven't tried Synoid Simulor since the nerf. And I've been told that it wasn't a nerf and you just have to use it differently. I never really liked the weapon even when it was easy to use though. See it a hell of a lot less in public games now. Barely see Mirage too, come to think of it.
Last night I noticed I haven't used Mirage in a long time so I started using her. Had a blast when I paired her with my staticor with a multi shot riven that shoots 3-4 projectiles per shot and bullet jumped everywhere while shooting. My teammates probably didn't appreciate me covering the screen in dozens of mini explosions though.

As a side thing, if someone here has an Excalibur Prime. I hate you lol.
Umbra is better anyway.

Yes, the secondary fire mode that seemingly 90% of anyone using Simulor didn't know about the whole time. It's true that the static spheres on simulor were nerfed, but the explosion from secondary fire got a huge area and damage buff. Mirage is still a lot of fun but I don't play her as much now that I solo less. I used to regularly do 90%+ of the damage in any mission with mirage/simulor.

Dreavus

As a side thing, if someone here has an Excalibur Prime. I hate you lol.

It's my only prime so far! :(

I've had multiple people comment on it though, I feel like celebrity sometimes. I don't even see the big deal because Excalibur doesn't actually seem that great once the enemies start getting harder.

Man, this game is a bit scary as a time sink. I can easily drop 2-3 hours and it really doesn't feel like it. I think each mission is just short enough that it feels fine to do "one more run" even after playing for a while.

I've had multiple people comment on it though, I feel like celebrity sometimes. I don't even see the big deal because Excalibur doesn't actually seem that great once the enemies start getting harder.

Man, this game is a bit scary as a time sink. I can easily drop 2-3 hours and it really doesn't feel like it. I think each mission is just short enough that it feels fine to do "one more run" even after playing for a while.

I have about 650 hours in it. But I know someone on here has well over 3000.

at some point If you set him up right he could hang for a bit though to be fair i'm not updated on whatever tweaks they might have made to him after his moveset was changed and then nerfed.

I think its the fact that he's a prime not everyone will ever get so for the people that wants all the primes it will be out of reach (unless you wanna go the desperate route :p).

Will usually mention it when i see one since it's a very rare sighting.

it can get worse if you have a end goal you are trying to attain and have a great crew running with.

Glitch in this thread has over 3000 hours and i'm not so behind either.

Deadly

How long does it take to grind a new warframe? I just tried it out again after 4 years and am quite impressed. Downside is I'm stuck with the Loki I chose way back then which is rather lackluster and disappointing.

Arrrammis

How long does it take to grind a new warframe? I just tried it out again after 4 years and am quite impressed. Downside is I'm stuck with the Loki I chose way back then which is rather lackluster and disappointing.

No including construction time, not terribly long (maybe 1-3 hours depending on which warframe and materials you need). Frames like Rhino are way faster to grind than ones like Harrow or Inaros which have long quests tied to them.

VandalD

Not long. I'll help you get Rhino if you'd like. Starting with Loki is something they never should've allowed.

Am I weird that I pretty much never sell anything for plat? I only buy plat when I get a 75% off. I still have a full set of Loki Prime that I'm sitting on lol.

Excalibur actually scales incredibly well into endgame. Not only does have have his radial blind (opening enemies to absurd Finisher Damage numbers), his ultimate scales off of melee mods. Plus he also now has access to the augment Chromatic Blade, which turns his ultimate into a melee user's wet dream by allowing it to go 100% status and still have all the strength of its crits.

Also it's just one of those "rarer and rarer" sights with Excal Prime, as less and less founders play the game. The novelty of something unique and new, especially for more active players, is really attractive.

Am I weird that I pretty much never sell anything for plat? I only buy plat when I get a 75% off. I still have a full set of Loki Prime that I'm sitting on lol.

Nope, plenty of people don't bother with trying to trade for plat. The game wouldn't still be as actively developed or successful if people just traded for the premium currency, after all.

Don't sleep on Loki, its just you have to play him as his role (tricky, stealthy and fast/agile). Dude pretty much breaks any Spy mission and solo Exterminate to an insane degree. For a time he was one of the methods to quickly farm focus.

But get Rhino as he can tank stuff easily, especially in the early game and you are running solo.

Nah i do the same thing but its more because i cant be bothered with the hassle of trying to and i don't mind dupes. Also i'm not lucky enough to get items that are "hot of the presses" and can garner a high price/demand.

VandalD

I'm mostly the same. The only stuff I've sold for plat is auras and life strike. I've got a lot of prime stuff I could try to sell, but I just haven't bothered.
Don't sleep on Loki, its just you have to play him as his role (tricky, stealthy and fast/agile). Dude pretty much breaks any Spy mission and solo Exterminate to an insane degree. For a time he was one of the methods to quickly farm focus.

But get Rhino as he can tank stuff easily, especially in the early game and you are running solo.
Loki is pretty great. Just not as a starter. His abilities really need both efficiency and duration. At least with Mag, her first power is pretty useful in a wide area, and she has a lot of shields, and shields are pretty good in the early game.

Deadly

No including construction time, not terribly long (maybe 1-3 hours depending on which warframe and materials you need). Frames like Rhino are way faster to grind than ones like Harrow or Inaros which have long quests tied to them.

Not long. I'll help you get Rhino if you'd like. Starting with Loki is something they never should've allowed.

Nah i do the same thing but its more because i cant be bothered with the hassle of trying to and i don't mind dupes. Also i'm not lucky enough to get items that are "hot of the presses" and can garner a high price/demand.
Thanks for the quick replies! I'll keep playing, look into Rhino and see how it goes.

I'm mostly the same. The only stuff I've sold for plat is auras and life strike. I've got a lot of prime stuff I could try to sell, but I just haven't bothered.

Loki is pretty great. Just not as a starter. His abilities really need both efficiency and duration. At least with Mag, her first power is pretty useful in a wide area, and she has a lot of shields, and shields are pretty good in the early game.

Yea its why i added the "but get Rhino" since its a bit much for that style of play in the early parts (unless you like dieing a bunch due to loki's paper health). Plus him being broken isn't until you have a high amount of both stats and that's viable with the rarer mods.

I think when i started it was Excal, Volt, Mag? Went with Excal since he was pushed as the most balanced.

Thanks for the quick replies! I'll keep playing, look into Rhino and see how it goes.

Iron skin is pretty good at that time and his ultimate is a nice aoe and enemy clearance move (either the stomp itself kills them or you do while they are frozen in place).

I started when it was Excal, Loki, Mag, and picked Loki because he sounded cool. Back when you had a daily limit on revives rather than per-mission limit.

And he is cool, he just sucks real hard to play when you're a brand new player.

Arrrammis

I started when it was Excal, Loki, Mag, and picked Loki because he sounded cool. Back when you had a daily limit on revives rather than per-mission limit.

And he is cool, he just sucks real hard to play when you're a brand new player.

True, but at higher levels he's one of my go-to frames. Maxed out ability duration for those long invisibility moves works wonders!

Shengar

Loki is great. His prime is even more so. Badly need some extra survivability to at least not die from AOE attack though. Primed Vigor should be really good on him, but I'm still very far from it ;__;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom