• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is there any specific mods that are must equips? I've so far been favoring and upgrading flat damage increases, but I have some odd ones kicking around that could be useful. Just wondering if it's a better idea to equip the highest level mod that gives +X% damage or try and squeeze some others in.

Deadly

Checked out some tutorial videos for Loki and his kind of gameplay later on seems interesting but I'm worried about how I actually get there. Will it be very difficult to attain all his necessary mods considering he's my first and only frame?

For some reason, only because it's going to fuck up some builds, I still have yet to fully rank up Serration, Heavy Caliber and Hornet Strike.

VandalD

Okay I was posting on the wrong thread. Hey guys! Any room open in the clan at all?
There's no room in the clan last I checked. That could change sometime, either by kicking inactives or going up a clan tier, but I'm not aware of any plans.
So is there any specific mods that are must equips? I've so far been favoring and upgrading flat damage increases, but I have some odd ones kicking around that could be useful. Just wondering if it's a better idea to equip the highest level mod that gives +X% damage or try and squeeze some others in.
For guns, there are two mods that I always have on, which is your base damage mod, and the multishot mod. For melee, likewise, Pressure Point is always on. Many weapons share other mods as far as importance, but base damage and multishot are universally constant.
Checked out some tutorial videos for Loki and his kind of gameplay later on seems interesting but I'm worried about how I actually get there. Will it be very difficult to attain all his necessary mods considering he's my first and only frame?
That's the problem with Loki. He's excellent later on, but getting to that point is really too much to ask of someone new to the game. You'll be best served farming up a more reliable frame that doesn't depend so much on good mods, and using that frame to build up your collection of mods. Rhino just so happens to be one of those frames, and he's the earliest one you can craft. I'm sure you could tough it all out as Loki, but you might not have the best time.

I have dupes of them, but I'm just lazy in that way lol. I finally fully maxed my first Primed mod in over 600 hours of playing and that was Primed Pressure Point.

i have a friend who has dupes for every rank of a certain mod so eg he would have a level 1 serration, then level 2, then level 3, etc.

hmm i'm not sure if i have maxed one of those out, i would have to check.

Unfortunately almost all of Loki's necessary mods (for power duration and efficiency) are rare mods that you'll find later on in the game. If you have decent weapons that allow you to stay out of trouble or send decoys then run like hell (for non exterminate missions) then you can go with that but its recommended to get another frame in the meantime.

Naite

Decided to give akkad another shot for an hour since I had a lot of spare forma to use on mastery fodder clan weapons. All the problems I've had with it seem much more frequent these days.

- People who leave at wave 5-10 seem way more frequent
- Even though everyone wants to stay til wave 20, there's always one person who has to leave early, which causes another to leave, etc.
- That one fucking piece of shit who leeches
- It takes way too long to recruit an xp group

I prefer hydron instead, but I've never had a game where ppl stayed past 10 waves.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Hi I'm installing this game right now can someone please tell me how I look bad ass shit like this dude's Batman ninja? I'll pay.

xTn2ciN.png

cvjHmhW.png

Thanks in advance

VandalD

Hi I'm installing this game right now can someone please tell me how I look bad ass shit like this dude's Batman ninja? I'll pay.

Thanks in advance
So you'd want to buy the Harrow warframe (other frames can probably pull off the look, but Harrow is the one in the picture) with platinum, buy the appropriate colors/color packs with platinum, and buy the Repala Syandana cosmetic (that's the cape) which will be buyable and cost real money if you log into Warframe through Steam and then check the market. I don't think you can do this immediately on starting the game though. You have to do a few missions to unlock the market.

I'd say just start off getting the Repala Syandana and then see if your starter frame itself (pick Excalibur) can't be colored the way you want.

*learns about warframe.marketplace*
hmm, i wonder how much my old junk goes for. got some spare frost and ember primes...

mang

when i saw how much ember prime bp's go for

side to side grin

Inskipp

How do people go about earning void relics in a quick succession? I find myself burning a lot of relics in a quick succession and spending more time replenishing my wares.

Arrrammis

Is the neogaf clan still exists?

If so I would preciate an invite .

It still exists, but it's full IIRC.

But based on the amount of folks coming back/starting the game because of the Plains announcement, it might be ok for the clan leaders to consider upgrading the clan to include more people. I'm not in charge, and as much as I enjoy Warframe, I don't know how much I'll be able to play once classes start up again in august, but I'd also take and invite and contribute to the clan if spots open up.

VandalD

There are three slots open in the clan now. If you'd like an invite, post your in game name and someone will throw you an invite if there's still room.

But based on the amount of folks coming back/starting the game because of the Plains announcement, it might be ok for the clan leaders to consider upgrading the clan to include more people. I'm not in charge, and as much as I enjoy Warframe, I don't know how much I'll be able to play once classes start up again in august, but I'd also take and invite and contribute to the clan if spots open up.
Yeah, going up a tier is something to consider. I can understand not wanting to though, with how it affects research costs and events. Doesn't help that there's no tier in between Shadow and Storm. Goes from 3x costs to 10x costs, from 30 maximum members to 100 maximum.

Thanks in advance

haha holy shit it's me from the Giant Bomb Unprofessional Fridays stream earlier

i'm the pope not batman

I use colors from the Saturated and Smoke pallet, the Repala Syandana (steam only), and Harrow with his alternate helmet. But most of the job there is done by the Repala.

I went from Shadow (30) to Storm (100) back when Warframe hit Steam and there was an influx of players wanting to join. A vast majority didn't last long and we were stuck with Storm tier Dojo costs with maybe 10 active players for a very, very long time...

However! Since clan downsizing is a thing now, I see no reason not to try being a Storm clan again. I just wish there was an in-between clan size tier, haha.

I went from Shadow (30) to Storm (100) back when Warframe hit Steam and there was an influx of players wanting to join. A vast majority didn't last long and we were stuck with Storm tier Dojo costs with maybe 10 active players for a very, very long time...

However! Since clan downsizing is a thing now, I see no reason not to try being a Storm clan again. I just wish there was an in-between clan size tier, haha.

Also it shouldn't affect anything that's already been researched so there's no harm in it for now, until the next clantech thing.

~ 5 hours and we will be Storm sized again!

All current members can invite!

Also it shouldn't affect anything that's already been researched so there's no harm in it for now, until the next clantech thing.

With all the content they've added to the Dojo since I've been gone, I don't think that'll be much of a problem haha

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
haha holy shit it's me from the Giant Bomb Unprofessional Fridays stream earlier

i'm the pope not batman

I use colors from the Saturated and Smoke pallet, the Repala Syandana (steam only), and Harrow with his alternate helmet. But most of the job there is done by the Repala.

Haha nice! How many USDs will it take for me to look like you.

Beck

I just started a few days ago after finally deciding to jump ship from the PS4 version to PC. So much better playing the game at 1440p60 at not being kicked due to spotty wifi.

Anyways, I was in the PS4 clan for awhile and would love to be part of the PC clan.

IGN: theBeck

Since it's a new page, I thought I'd put this up again. Had a couple takers but there's plenty of mods left for everyone. I'm online for another hour or so.

Since a lot of folks are returning or are new, I have a number of useful mods in case anyone needs em. PM me for any you want, first come first served.

Primary: Toxic barrage, frigid blast, thermite rounds, malignant force, hell's chamber, vital sense, split chmaber
Secondary: Frostbite, pistol pestilence, barrel diffusion
Melee: volcanic edge, covert lethality, virulent scourge
Stances: Astral twilight, Gaia's Tragedy
Warframe: Cunning drift, streamline, power drift, reflex guard, rifle amp

nice red crit
Thanks. That particular crit came from an ohma spin2win.

VandalD

Three invites have gone out. We'll have a lot more once the Storm barracks finishes building in about 3.5 hours.

Since clan downsizing is a thing now, I see no reason not to try being a Storm clan again. I just wish there was an in-between clan size tier, haha.
Missed your message in game. I'm ready for Storm! I hope. I do have a lot of resources sitting and doing nothing. Please no more Hema, DE.

ViviOggi

HeyGuys, returned to this game last week and been fiending it quite a bit, the gameplay loop is just so satisfying... would love an invite to the clan if there's still a slot.

IGN: maximiZe

VandalD

GAF is now a Storm clan! That means we have 70 more slots for people total, so there's plenty of space if more people want to join. Everyone who asked for an invite recently should have gotten one. If not, please do post again.

Also, for those new to the clan, remember to go to your foundry and craft your Clan Key at some point. That will allow you access to the dojo in navigation. The dojo is a sort of player built base, and it's also where you can grab blueprints for weapons and warframes that the clan has researched.

Jaeger

GAF is now a Storm clan! That means we have 70 more slots for people total, so there's plenty of space if more people want to join. Everyone who asked for an invite recently should have gotten one. If not, please do post again.

Also, for those new to the clan, remember to go to your foundry and craft your Clan Key at some point. That will allow you access to the dojo in navigation. The dojo is a sort of player built base, and it's also where you can grab blueprints for weapons and warframes that the clan has researched.

Is this on PC? I'm Vertexer on PC.

Rolfgang

I've been playing the game again since the PoE announcement. Hadn't played in ages and my old account was suspensed somehow (I guess I got hacked). Anyway, started from the start again and having an absolute blast. It's way more involved compared to when I stopped and I love that you can start out with the Paris. Back then it was the new weapon on the block, go figure.

Almost at the assassinate mission for the Rhino parts. Can't wait to get that Warframe, since he looks insanely cool. Also, is it just me or is Excalibur's Ultimate way too strong in early game? You slice through enemies like they aren't even there and the upkeep cost is minimal and you can even stop it anytime you want. Trivializes most content currently.

If it's possible, I would also like an invite to the clan. Don't know if there are split American and EU servers or not. In-game name is SirRolfgang.

Haha nice! How many USDs will it take for me to look like you.

The cape is $4.99 or $5.99 can't remember which. If you're patient to sell your items for premium currency that's all the investment of real dollars you need to do, as the color paletts are platinum purchases for 75p each. If you want it immediately, a bundle of 170 platinum is $10 bucks. But I would suggest just being patient with that platinum part. You'll get pretty close with the basic colors available at the start.

Almost at the assassinate mission for the Rhino parts. Can't wait to get that Warframe, since he looks insanely cool. Also, is it just me or is Excalibur's Ultimate way too strong in early game? You slice through enemies like they aren't even there and the upkeep cost is minimal and you can even stop it anytime you want. Trivializes most content currently.

I think the idea is that the drain should be too much for early players to handle but yeah, it's kinda strong even in endgame content. Feels like he's still a 'starter' frame just because he's the poster boy.

wwm0nkey

I'll join in on that! Do you guys need my username? It's the same as my GAF name

Deadly

Is there a way to test out frames/weapons before buying them? I bought the Dual Ether because a guide recommended it but I really dislike the animation for it haha

Also working on the Rhino since you all recommended it, I've got one part building atm

Is there a way to test out frames/weapons before buying them? I bought the Dual Ether because a guide recommended it but I really dislike the animation for it haha

Also working on the Rhino since you all recommended it, I've got one part building atm

No iirc, you can test your new stuff on enemies you fought against though using the Simulacrum in any relay. Unfortunately you need a key to gain access.

One of the aspects of the game is leveling everything so that dual ether will be useful for mastery points. At least get it to 30 then you can sell it to free up a weapon inventory slot.

Also i hope "buy" meant the getting blueprint from the market because this is one of the reasons why buying weapons with platinum is the lowest on the totem pole. :/

Deadly

No iirc.

One of the aspects of the game is leveling everything so that dual ether will be useful for mastery points so at least get it to 30 then you can sell it.

Also i hope "buy" meant the getting blueprint from the market because this is one of the reasons why buying weapons with platinum is the lowest on the totem pole. :/

Yeah bought the blueprint of course.

VandalD

No way to test what you don't have, sadly. They really should add that. Would be a great way to show newer players the things they could earn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom