• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

VandalD

Soloing today's sortie 3 was so ridiculous that I had to pull out Wukong. Physically enhanced Sargas Ruk hurts, and so do his Nox friends. Also has way too much damn armor. Thankfully Shattering Impact worked on him.

Soloing today's sortie 3 was so ridiculous that I had to pull out Wukong. Physically enhanced Sargas Ruk hurts, and so do his Nox friends. Also has way too much damn armor. Thankfully Shattering Impact worked on him.

Wait he has Noxs with him now?

welp i started to fight those guys last night

He does in sortie 3 at least. And they all have ridiculous armor and do ridiculous damage. Wukong don't care though.

Sure, there's room for all kinds of folks.

Sortie level missions tend to always have them. Just aim for the head, they take absurd damage if you hit the big dome part.

hmmm alright.

I haven't done a sortie in a long time, mainly due to being busy plus not really caring about the Riven mods

Also might need to look over my Vaykor build i have since it was hardly doing shit to some Grinner Eximus units that were corrupted by a void fissure last night :(

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Alright GAF I'm in, looking for invite for me and if possible my non-GAF boy

IGNs: LiQuitas, Lightningbolt7

Also might need to look over my Vaykor build i have since it was hardly doing shit to some Grinner Eximus units that were corrupted by a void fissure last night :(
At higher levels, armor becomes a bigger deal. Using repeated corrosive status effects will strip enough armor so you can do plenty of damage.

In the case of Sargas Ruk with physical enhancement, bringing a heavy hitting weapon like lex with lots of radiation damage works great.

Hek, Marelok, or Sydon?

Marelok

At higher levels, armor becomes a bigger deal. Using repeated corrosive status effects will strip enough armor so you can do plenty of damage.

In the case of Sargas Ruk with physical enhancement, bringing a heavy hitting weapon like lex with lots of radiation damage works great.

I think i was running a gas build that i usually use for infested.

VandalD

I never play loot games alone. I have been playing this for hours by myself. What is happening to me.
You should join up with us. You could still play solo, but you could also take advantage of the clan dojo's research, which gives access to a ton of weapons and a number of warframes that you can't craft otherwise.

Dreavus

It is just an invite by username? I won't be on until late tonight but I'd like an invite if you guys made some room. Dreavus on PC!

VandalD

There's a Harrow alt helmet alert up now for about 40 more minutes, if you read this in time.

It is just an invite by username? I won't be on until late tonight but I'd like an invite if you guys made some room. Dreavus on PC!
Yep, you should have an invite waiting for you when you log in.

it it just me or has Stalker been appearing a lot lately (either for you or a team member),

Too bad all he basically drops is dread now, with the amount i have i could rival Darvo :/

Tabby

it it just me or has Stalker been appearing a lot lately (either for you or a team member),

Too bad all he basically drops is dread now, with the amount i have i could rival Darvo :/

Maybe just you, seems the same to me.
I just need one more part to build my Scimitar, with how rare the assassins are I reckon their drop tables should be more even.

I'm bored of playing Defection guys, I'm never going to get to build Harrow.

Do a Status/Crit hybrid. Even on a gas build, it'll just melt whatever the bullet touches.

fSPA8S4.jpg

Regular mods in place of the Primed versions will work just as well.

TheMink

I played this when the PS4 fist came out thought it was pretty fun.

Just downloaded it on my PC...

Mother of god, it's so smooth and buttery and just wow.

I have a 970 any recommended graphics options? It runs incredible right now but if it could be a little prettier I would love that.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I played this when the PS4 fist came out thought it was pretty fun.

Just downloaded it on my PC...

Mother of god, it's so smooth and buttery and just wow.

I have a 970 any recommended graphics options? It runs incredible right now but if it could be a little prettier I would love that.
A 970 at 1080p will run the game on max at 60fps with no drops. Might get some drops if you enable PhysicsX on busy maps.

Game is so well optimized, though.

Cerity

Looks like I didn't get an invite :( my ign is fulltimeugy.

Started playing the expansion announcement - up to europa now and finding it a nice game to tune out to for an hour or two after work. Managed to get a 50% off plat discount and bought myself Nidus, which is a heap of fun.

The expansion naming is messing with me though (esp the reddit), being a regular Path of Exile player.

Menthuss

Is there still room in the GAF clan? I was part of it a long time ago but was probably kicked out due to inactivity (I don't blame anyone for that).
My IGN is Menthuss

VandalD

Everyone who's asked should have gotten invites now. Still room for 44 more people if you want in. Doesn't matter how new you are.

New clan members, remember to craft your Clan Key!

Zojirushi

Does the game take playing solo into consideration when it comes to number of enemies etc?

Been soloing the first questline on earth and towards the end they were already throwing a ton of enemies at you and they were already starting to get a little more bullet spongey too.

Can I keep soloing these quest or will I hit a wall at some point?

Some quests have missions that are strictly solo affairs, but most of the time you can have squad. Generally, mission enemy spawns scale with squad size.
If you are having trouble, you might need to try looking into mods if you haven't already.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So at what point should I stop focusing on Mastery and start focusing on unlocking every node and building better loadputs? I keep getting distracted by leveling new frames and such, but I feel like I need to have a load out to farm high level stuff eventually.

Do a Status/Crit hybrid. Even on a gas build, it'll just melt whatever the bullet touches.

fSPA8S4.jpg

Regular mods in place of the Primed versions will work just as well.

Nice will try this out.

I was doing a mostly status build so some adjustments have to be made for this to work but being able to have a greater than 50% chance to crit is now very appealing to me (if its not 80% or higher then i wont bother).

Maybe just you, seems the same to me.
I just need one more part to build my Scimitar, with how rare the assassins are I reckon their drop tables should be more even.

I'm bored of playing Defection guys, I'm never going to get to build Harrow.

hmmm.

Maybe its due to me not playing for a while then.

Also on Harrow i feel your pain but keep trying and RNGGod will finally toss you a bone (finally got one and never looked back at that node).

They need to adjust those drops though since his chassis drops like candy while everything else takes way more effort due to having way less roll chances

Does the game take playing solo into consideration when it comes to number of enemies etc?

Been soloing the first questline on earth and towards the end they were already throwing a ton of enemies at you and they were already starting to get a little more bullet spongey too.

Can I keep soloing these quest or will I hit a wall at some point?

Most of the quests are single player oriented so providing you are going through and getting better stuff they should be fine and unless specifically stated otherwise you can bring a group with you to help. Some of the later ones are also gated either my mastery or a previous important quest which in itself is expecting a certain level of progression.

Also imo if you feel the enemies are getting bullet spongey (save some bosses since its usually not a normal "fight") and you are near or above the level indicated by whichever node you are on its time to look at your mod, frame and weapon setup and see if some adjustments needs to be made (rank up your mods or get some new ones to help)

So at what point should I stop focusing on Mastery and start focusing on unlocking every node and building better loadputs? I keep getting distracted by leveling new frames and such, but I feel like I need to have a load out to farm high level stuff eventually.

I would say focus on the latter (unlocking nodes, etc) to get it out of the way and also give you more avenues to get the resources and mods needed to build better loadouts and eventually you will just slip into the former again.

but that's just me

TheMink

Any useful tips for beginners? Videos or articles maybe?

Also maybe some money spending tips if I were to spend cash money?

Arrrammis

Any useful tips for beginners? Videos or articles maybe?

Also maybe some money spending tips if I were to spend cash money?

iFlynn has some good guide for new players, which are the most up to date ones that I've seen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66o15IJVLsg (his voice might be a bit annoying to some folks, but I think it's fine). This series is basically a walkthrough of the first few missions and planets (and his suggestions for what weapons/frames are easiest for new players to unlock), but he does go off on a few tangents to explain systems in the game very well.

Some tips from me:
- Don't pick Mag at the start, her kit is more complicated than the other two by far and she is the easiest of the three to unlock later on.
- Spend your platinum on weapon and Warframe slots, since those are the main things that will limit your experience.
- NEVER spend platinum on resources, the prices are insanely high for a tiny amount of a given resource. Also, I would recommend never rushing construction, especially if you don't plan on buying very much or any platinum.
- Once you level a weapon to 30, switch it out for a new weapon once you get the chance. Your mastery rank only increases while you're leveling weapons and frames, and since many weapons, quests, etc. are locked behind mastery rank, it's good to get a head start on that.

TheMink

iFlynn has some good guide for new players, which are the most up to date ones that I've seen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66o15IJVLsg (his voice might be a bit annoying to some folks, but I think it's fine). This series is basically a walkthrough of the first few missions and planets (and his suggestions for what weapons/frames are easiest for new players to unlock), but he does go off on a few tangents to explain systems in the game very well.

Some tips from me:
- Don't pick Mag at the start, her kit is more complicated than the other two by far and she is the easiest of the three to unlock later on.
- Spend your platinum on weapon and Warframe slots, since those are the main things that will limit your experience.
- NEVER spend platinum on resources, the prices are insanely high for a tiny amount of a given resource. Also, I would recommend never rushing construction, especially if you don't plan on buying very much or any platinum.
- Once you level a weapon to 30, switch it out for a new weapon once you get the chance. Your mastery rank only increases while you're leveling weapons and frames, and since many weapons, quests, etc. are locked behind mastery rank, it's good to get a head start on that.

Much appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom