• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrongway

Hey, can I get in on the clan too if there are still open slots? That big update video finally got me to dig this out of my infinite backlog. It's pretty neat so far, loving the movement.

Name on PC is: wrongwayZero

Online right now getting my filthy casual on.

Finally making myself the Akstiletto Prime. I'm one receiver off from the Euphona Prime and I'm one BP away from the Aklex Prime. I still need to do the Uranus missions so I can get the last part of Chroma. I still need to do the Nidus, Harrow and Octavia missions even though I have parts for each of them. I still need a Banshee Chassis, even though I have an extra systems already.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I really can't believe how good this game is. The amount of work and change put into this product is astounding. Ridiculous that this is the same game I played years ago. Here I am, playing as much as I possibly can when I had basically not been interested in video games for months and months. I even downloaded the app on my phone so I can deploy harvesters while I am at work. Great fucking work, DE.

Tabby

Finally making myself the Akstiletto Prime. I'm one receiver off from the Euphona Prime and I'm one BP away from the Aklex Prime. I still need to do the Uranus missions so I can get the last part of Chroma. I still need to do the Nidus, Harrow and Octavia missions even though I have parts for each of them. I still need a Banshee Chassis, even though I have an extra systems already.

Good luck getting through the Nidus mission, it is a huge slog to get through.

I'm super glad they have Tenno visible in the galaxy map again, love its style. I really missed it after they introduced the personal ships.

It's those kind of weird, small decisions that make Warframe such a phenomenon.

ViviOggi

Whiffed twice on Rhino Prime Blueprint
Can't find more Axi R1s to save my life

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Still really early in this game (waiting for the cooldown timer so I can take my MR5 test) but I already see the black hole forming that is going to absorb a lot of my free time in the coming months.

Since Volt and Frost Prime are both maxed out I'm really interested in farming a new frame, but not sure what I all have access to where I'm at (Ceres, I think?), or if I'm even going to have the materials to put one together if I can farm all the blueprints for it. I wanted to try and get the water guy that makes tentacle monsters cause I saw one of those join a mission I was on, but I heard someone in a video say that he's apparently useless. Kinda sucks that there's frames out there that are basically worthless, but I heard the developers go back and retool older ones and update their powers to make them better which is awesome. Barring that, anybody got an idea for an easier to farm early frame that's useful? I need a goal besides just progressing thru the star chart and leveling up weapons

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Still really early in this game (waiting for the cooldown timer so I can take my MR5 test) but I already see the black hole forming that is going to absorb a lot of my free time in the coming months.

Since Volt and Frost Prime are both maxed out I'm really interested in farming a new frame, but not sure what I all have access to where I'm at (Ceres, I think?), or if I'm even going to have the materials to put one together if I can farm all the blueprints for it. I wanted to try and get the water guy that makes tentacle monsters cause I saw one of those join a mission I was on, but I heard someone in a video say that he's apparently useless. Kinda sucks that there's frames out there that are basically worthless, but I heard the developers go back and retool older ones and update their powers to make them better which is awesome. Barring that, anybody got an idea for an easier to farm early frame that's useful? I need a goal besides just progressing thru the star chart and leveling up weapons

I'm in the same spot. I have a maxed:

Excalibur
Mag
Strun
Braton mk1 - sold
Lato - sold
Furis
Skana
Ether Reaper

Now I have a few other non max weapons and a Frost prime, but I need mats from areas I don't have access to yet to make the other things I have lol. I have all the Rhino blueprints but I lack control modules. Few other weapons that I need argon crystals for. I need to find some blueprints for shit I can make!

You can practice your ranking test on any relay so whenever the cooldown is done you should be ready.

Go to Cephalon Simaris and make a right once you enter and you should see a pathway with mastery icons iirc. You can only practice for the mastery rank your going for or the previous ones.

Try to get the frames that are available from the boss of whatever planet you have unlocked so far (even if they are the non prime versions since you need them for mastery).

As for Hydroid he's alright imo but its just that he was more beneficial for farming and DE usually tries to stamp out anything that very obviously goes in that direction so they nerfed the method.

The other issue is that there are usually frames that does his job better (even farming).

Gonna be interesting since he's the newest prime they are gonna release soon.

VandalD

Is there a gaf clan on PC?
Yep! If you want to join up, just post your name and someone will give you an invite.

Wouldn't say Hydroid is flat out useless, but his niche of killing things for double loot with his tentacles is tiny, with Nekros having a much easier time providing extra loot while not having to spam an ability. Hydroid is really the only frame at this point that I'd call borderline useless. Maybe Titania, but even she has her uses in putting out a ton of damage. Mag gets a lot of hate, but she's quite good for most of the game. She's just not one of the best. Hydroid is next up to be reworked, around when his prime is released, so once that's done, every frame should be in a pretty good spot.

Anyways, as far as what frame you should farm next, do whatever assassination missions you have access to on each planet and complete whatever frame it is whose parts drop. Even though you have Frost Prime, you can still get mastery from regular Frost. You just probably wouldn't keep him when you're done.

Same situation but with Boltor Prime Stock, ended up just giving up and buying it. I don't want to ever do Xini again.

The regular defense node on Eris has similar (or same can't remember) relic drops, but if you're also burned on Akkad I can see it being a slog for that too. In which case defense on Uranus uses the Interception tables... You just have to be used to hopping between objective locations.

Is it really worth the trouble and time to get a prime frame or should I just continue building tge normal version?

Do both for the sake of mastery rank and completion. I have a bunch of Primes where I don't even have the base frame (non-Prime) made and leveled up.

Is there a way to increase the capacity of mods for a new frame at the start ?

Unless i'm misunderstanding you question you have 2 spectrums in how to accomplish this:

• Get more capacity points
  • Reduce drain on your mods

- For the first one

Your overall mastery rank now plays a part as the higher in rank you are the more capacity you have from the start. Its still a recent addition to the game.

But you have 3 other ways

1. Add an aura mod as it will give some additional capacity points. If your mod slot has a symbol and you add an aura mod with the same symbol it doubles the capacity given (for frames only).
  2. Add a orokin reactor for your frame or an orokin catalyst for weapons as they double your overall capacity points for the frame/weapon. These are what the fans call "potatoes", but you need the actual items built and in your inventory.
  3. Level up the frame to get that capacity increase (the usual method). The best way to get this working is bringing in your most damaging weapon and using it since XP/Affinity will be shared to all your equipment in various degrees. If its a frame you are leveling use your abilities as well. Also works with a squad but you have to be in range of them to get the shared XP.

- On the other end of the spectrum

1. Equip mods to the right slots using the matching symbols technique and it will reduce the drain of the mod by half (its a ceiling half and not a floor half)
  2. Forma your frame/weapons so you have more of those slots symbols to trigger the drain reduction. (Advanced step and only recommended if you are gonna keep the frame or weapon in question)

The first side of the spectrum is the easier one to go with, especially as you are starting out. Eventually you'll end up on the other end as you go further (and go back and forth :p), especially with the aspect of Forma.

Primus

So if I understand this correctly, I'm boned on Soma Prime because I've run out of old relics before getting the Receiver, and it's been Vaulted so I'll never get any more chances at the Receiver. Same situation with Saryn Prime and her Chassis.

Bah.

So if I understand this correctly, I'm boned on Soma Prime because I've run out of old relics before getting the Receiver, and it's been Vaulted so I'll never get any more chances at the Receiver. Same situation with Saryn Prime and her Chassis.
1. Soma prime will probably get unvaulted for a month or so at some point.
2. You can always buy parts from players.
3. Some people probably have relics, which you can also buy and/or run with them to get another chance.

1. Soma prime will probably get unvaulted for a month or so at some point.
2. You can always buy parts from players.
3. Some people probably have relics, which you can also buy and/or run with them to get another chance.

You can do a straight up trade too if the person who has the piece doesn't mind trading it.

Also Saryn hasn't been vaulted yet so you can still get her stuff. Its just that one of the relics that has a vaulted frame or weapon had her chassis as one of the drops so you have to get the other relic.

Seems they are catching up fast since i was surprised i had a bunch or relics that had stuff that are now vaulted.

Post your ign and someone will probably help you out. If its in the next hour or so, it might be me.

Thanks for the help last night! That was great.

LF Loki Prime Systems for non rape prices if anyone has them. See you can get them for around 50p but all the people on right now decided they felt like jacking up the price to 400p. Also see an asshole buying Loki Prime sets and flipping them for more Plat.

LF Loki Prime Systems for non rape prices if anyone has them. See you can get them for around 50p but all the people on right now decided they felt like jacking up the price to 400p. Also see an asshole buying Loki Prime sets and flipping them for more Plat.
I would recommend waiting on Loki prime to become unvaulted, since all it has on the basic model is 25 extra shields and a couple polarities.

I would recommend waiting on Loki prime to become unvaulted, since all it has on the basic model is 25 extra shields and a couple polarities.

tbf the extra polarities are attractive but its not worth that much imo.

Also once he's out of the prime vault relics will be made available to farm and store.

Whats the most expensive thing to buy in the trade market now?

I assume its some rare riven mod?

I'm going to guess the most expensive thing right now is either a riven mod or Maiming Strike.

Edit: Forgot about Primed Chamber. That'll be the most expensive thing.

It's pretty fucking broken. Kind of surprised in a way that it never showed up again and it's been over 4 years.

tbf the extra polarities are attractive but its not worth that much imo.

Also once he's out of the prime vault relics will be made available to farm and store.

Whats the most expensive thing to buy in the trade market now?

I assume its some rare riven mod?
Tough call on rivens, I've seen people putting up 1-2k for some of the really "desirable" ones.

But the real most expensive thing on the market is Primed Chamber. There's a current *buy* offer of 40k plat for it right now.
It's pretty fucking broken. Kind of surprised in a way that it never showed up again and it's been over 4 years.
Not nearly as nuts as blood rush or maiming strike, tbh.

Also, since running some missions and giving away stuff since the last time I posted my list of mods to give away, I've got an update for em.
All these mods are available for those who need them, just PM what you need.

Primary: Serration, Ravage, frigid blast, thermite rounds
Secondary: Frostbite, Scorch
Melee: Pressure point, vicious frost
Stances: Astral twilight, Gaia's Tragedy
Warframe: Cunning drift, power drift, reflex guard, rifle amp, Armored Agility, streamlined form

I'm going to guess the most expensive thing right now is either a riven mod or Maiming Strike.

Edit: Forgot about Primed Chamber. That'll be the most expensive thing.

Tough call on rivens, I've seen people putting up 1-2k for some of the really "desirable" ones.

But the real most expensive thing on the market is Primed Chamber. There's a current *buy* offer of 40k plat for it right now.

hmm wasn't familiar with Primed Chamber and after checking it out i can see why it would go for such a ridiculous amount as that thing is super ultra rare.

Not nearly as nuts as blood rush or maiming strike, tbh.

Also, since running some missions and giving away stuff since the last time I posted my list of mods to give away, I've got an update for em.
All these mods are available for those who need them, just PM what you need.

Primary: Serration, Ravage, frigid blast, thermite rounds
Secondary: Frostbite, Scorch
Melee: Pressure point, vicious frost
Stances: Astral twilight, Gaia's Tragedy
Warframe: Cunning drift, power drift, reflex guard, rifle amp

Luckily, I have Blood Rush :).

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

Started cooking my first pair of frames!

I'm still gonna make that Hydroid frame even after hearing he's underwhelming. I like the design too much and I'm sure they will fix him some day.

Is every extra frame slot 20 plat? They don't get exponentially more expensive do they? Cause I'm never deleting a frame and I wanna catch 'em all. Need a discount to roll out on my daily bad cause I need to buy some plat.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
My screen started going black, and I was getting messages from some dude. Then he shows up after talking shit for a minute and utterly destroys the entire 4 man we had. WTF just happened this can't be life.

Arrrammis

My screen started going black, and I was getting messages from some dude. Then he shows up after talking shit for a minute and utterly destroys the entire 4 man we had. WTF just happened this can't be life.

Sounds like you just met the Stalker! When you beat a boss, there a chance that the Stalker will come after you as revenge for that boss. If you manage to beat him, he'll drop a blueprint for his bow, his scythe, or his kunai. He'll mess you up the first few times you encounter him while you're getting started, but once you learn his tricks and get some more solid builds, you can take him on.

Started cooking my first pair of frames!

I'm still gonna make that Hydroid frame even after hearing he's underwhelming. I like the design too much and I'm sure they will fix him some day.

Is every extra frame slot 20 plat? They don't get exponentially more expensive do they? Cause I'm never deleting a frame and I wanna catch 'em all. Need a discount to roll out on my daily bad cause I need to buy some plat.

yea its always 20 for a warframe slots and 12 for 2 weapon slots.

I killed the Stalker on his first appearance the other day. I took cover next to a wall behind a locker, and he went into an AI loop where he couldn't quite shoot me but kept trying and walked back and forth, so I just peppered him with a crappy Braton until he noped out. Fucker didn't drop anything but a Blind Justice, though.

Let's see how it goes the next time - I have some death marks and a decently modded Hek waiting. Speaking of which, I really need more shotgun mods. And multishot mods in general; Void treasure rooms haven't yielded anything yet.

Need a Lex Prime receiver and Mag Prime systems, anyone know what people usually trade for those?

Use warframe.market for your shopping needs. Can still get a rando deal in trade or a hub, but it's unlikely.

Evidently, if you shop when there are fewer peoples online, you're more likely to be price gouged.
-

also for reals, the one thing i DID expect when returning to the game was a proper auction house. Alas.

FeArTriX

Unless i'm misunderstanding you question you have 2 spectrums in how to accomplish this:

• Get more capacity points
  • Reduce drain on your mods

- For the first one

Your overall mastery rank now plays a part as the higher in rank you are the more capacity you have from the start. Its still a recent addition to the game.

But you have 3 other ways

1. Add an aura mod as it will give some additional capacity points. If your mod slot has a symbol and you add an aura mod with the same symbol it doubles the capacity given (for frames only).
  2. Add a orokin reactor for your frame or an orokin catalyst for weapons as they double your overall capacity points for the frame/weapon. These are what the fans call "potatoes", but you need the actual items built and in your inventory.
  3. Level up the frame to get that capacity increase (the usual method). The best way to get this working is bringing in your most damaging weapon and using it since XP/Affinity will be shared to all your equipment in various degrees. If its a frame you are leveling use your abilities as well. Also works with a squad but you have to be in range of them to get the shared XP.

- On the other end of the spectrum

1. Equip mods to the right slots using the matching symbols technique and it will reduce the drain of the mod by half (its a ceiling half and not a floor half)
  2. Forma your frame/weapons so you have more of those slots symbols to trigger the drain reduction. (Advanced step and only recommended if you are gonna keep the frame or weapon in question)

The first side of the spectrum is the easier one to go with, especially as you are starting out. Eventually you'll end up on the other end as you go further (and go back and forth :p), especially with the aspect of Forma.

Thanks man that is very informative

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom