• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolfgang

Use warframe.market for your shopping needs. Can still get a rando deal in trade or a hub, but it's unlikely.

Evidently, if you shop when there are fewer peoples online, you're more likely to be price gouged.
-

also for reals, the one thing i DID expect when returning to the game was a proper auction house. Alas.

Yeah, that's really something they need to implement. The current state reminds me of Korean MMO's and it's atrocious.

Possibly the single most valuable thing I have (no set, just one thing) that you can't buy from Baro might be Vengeful Revenant (I fucking earned this one with a .25% drop chance).

Possibly the single most valuable thing I have (no set, just one thing) that you can't buy from Baro might be Vengeful Revenant (I fucking earned this one with a .25% drop chance).

The octavia quest has that section where sentients spawn infinitely, and at release they all had their proper drop tables.

I had so many War parts.

Well since I've played a bit again, I've found that there's 2 things that irk me:

<rant>

1. The Dojo went to the wayside of development long ago, and I can tell that it still is at the bottom of their development priorities. The only things they've added to it over the years is more research and event trophies. They can't even be bothered to give us a new obstacle course, which has been invalid ever since they introduced parkour 2.0 two years ago. I really loved working on our Dojo, so the lack of anything is super disappointing to me.

2. Focus. The only way to get a significant amount of Focus is to actively farm it, and I absolutely loathe it. I'm bringing in maybe 20-300 Focus per mission. There's no way I'm going to rank up anything in the talent tree since everything is 50k+. I wish they would change it so you get some by default, and the Focus orb thing you pick up in missions doubles the amount you get for a short while.

</rant>

<rant>
2. Focus. The only way to get a significant amount of Focus is to actively farm it, and I absolutely loathe it. I'm bringing in maybe 20-300 Focus per mission. There's no way I'm going to rank up anything in the talent tree since everything is 50k+. I wish they would change it so you get some by default, and the Focus orb thing you pick up in missions doubles the amount you get for a short while.

</rant>
Have you put greater focus lenses on the equipment you're bringing? It helps if you purchase an affinity booster also. Eximus units give a lot of xp as well, so if you see an Eximus Stronghold sortie, it's a great opportunity to get thousands of affinity.

Or do what i do which is to not give a fuck about focus :p

Hell i hardly use that ability to do that focus move.

I did it from the doing the Kella (sp?) arena event.

i had made the decision that i wasn't gonna farm for it because those enemies and drop rates would have sucked the fun out of it. Maybe would have done it some day.

Have you put greater focus lenses on the equipment you're bringing? It helps if you purchase an affinity booster also. Eximus units give a lot of xp as well, so if you see an Eximus Stronghold sortie, it's a great opportunity to get thousands of affinity.

I can't remember what lens I have on what, but that would still be going out of my way to farm a decent amount of Focus... I feel like I shouldn't have to do that :\

I use my ability all the time, though. Vazarin healing has gotten me out of some tight spots!

VandalD

The only focus I intentionally did the grind for was Zenurik, and that was only for Energy Overflow and the cooldown reduction. Have since slowly unlocked a lot of the other nodes in the other schools, but I never use them. They've done more with dojos than they have with focus, and that's saying something.
I use my ability all the time, though. Vazarin healing has gotten me out of some tight spots!
If it's the healing specifically that's useful to you, have you tried out Life Strike? There's also a fairly new melee mod I think we got in one of the recent survival missions together called Healing Return. It's pretty decent for status weapons if you like to quick melee with your guns out. And there's also a sentinel mod called Medi-Ray which is really handy to have on any sentinel. You have to farm it from Kela but it's totally worth it. Just some suggestions if you're all about the heals.

Hell i hardly use that ability to do that focus move.

i had made the decision that i wasn't gonna farm for it because those enemies and drop rates would have sucked the fun out of it. Maybe would have done it some day.

We weren't trying for it. We were trying to get the mods and guns that Kella herself dropped.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
The fact that you need to arrange a face to face meetup to trade in one of the traders' houses is way too craigslisty and awkward. How do you guys cope with this?

VandalD

The fact that you need to arrange a face to face meetup to trade in one of the traders' houses is way too craigslisty and awkward. How do you guys cope with this?
It's how it has to be, apparently. There will never be an auction house or similar system. DE is very afraid of what that might do the economy. If it's too convenient to sell prime parts for platinum, less platinum would be bought with money. Platinum that's traded for prime parts doesn't just disappear on its own. It has to be spent in the market for it to exit the economy. The trading system has to be enough of a pain in the ass to deter people like me who have a lot of prime parts but don't want to go through the hassle of selling them. Also, if everyone is able to list their prime part in a regional or world-wide selling list, prices would likely tank, meaning that the relative platinum you could earn from selling prime parts wouldn't stack up very well in relation to market items sold only for platinum, such as cosmetics.

At least, that's my thinking. I'd like an auction house style system, but there's no telling how it would affect the game. Even having to meet up at a dojo seems like something they have just to make it a bit more awkward to trade.

Auction house would sink the platinum economy in a heartbeat. It's not like a subscription based game where there is a monthly input of cash, DE basically runs off their platinum sales, so anything jarring that would cause big problems.

Also focus schools in general are getting reworked with or shortly after PoE, so maybe some work will go into focus gain.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I actually kinda like the self made money feeling of working the trade chat. Always have. Almost a game in of itself.

Auction house would sink the platinum economy in a heartbeat. It's not like a subscription based game where there is a monthly input of cash, DE basically runs off their platinum sales, so anything jarring that would cause big problems.

Also focus schools in general are getting reworked with or shortly after PoE, so maybe some work will go into focus gain.

tbf you do have that trade area at Maroo's bazaar if you are not a fan of the Dojo but the whole trading thing has never been a problem for me since the people i usually interact with in that scenario are people i have grown to know due to running with them, chatting with them and becoming friends. Also i don't trade much anyways outside of those people so i don't get any assholes or whatever.

Plus i like to think that there are people on the trading market that want to sell their wares without drama so everything is laid out from before and if its not going well then its best to just end the transaction *shrug*

On the topic of DE selling platinum I had always wondered why their prices were so fucking ridiculous without the discounts but then i came to the conclusion that the discount prices are the "true" prices and whatever they make aside from that is more for them. I might be way wrong on that but thats what i like to think :D

I actually kinda like the self made money feeling of working the trade chat. Always have. Almost a game in of itself.

Yea its the one things about the trade market that tries to convince me in getting involved but a combination of some paranoia, and not wanting to deal with issues if they occur usually stops me.

I have a friend who basically made a "pet shop" business for themselves in the game and that's pretty astonishing to hear.

Typically, when I list items on a trading website, I price competitively. On trade chat, I usually add a mark up because people often haggle.

I also find a measure of enjoyment watching the trade chat for deals and buy interests. All in all, though, I find that farming more stuff is a faster way to make platinum than spending time looking for someone who will buy at inflated prices.

Sorry for the late reply

Thanks man that is very informative

No problem, i hope it was clear enough and helpful.

There are way more details to the things i mentioned (Affinity/XP Sharing, Forma, etc) but i tried to distill it the best i could.

Definitely urge you to check out the Warframe Wiki as its a great source for the stuff mentioned and the game overall.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
So if you pick relics for a fissure, and the relic determines your loot table, what is the point of doing higher level fissures?

"So if you pick relics for a fissure, and the relic determines your loot table, what is the point of doing higher level fissures?"

The era of relic determines what level range the missions are. Lith -> Meso -> Neo -> Axi, in order from lowest level missions to highest. So, you don't really have a choice but to do higher level fissures if you want to use a Neo or Axi relic.

"So if you pick relics for a fissure, and the relic determines your loot table, what is the point of doing higher level fissures?"

The era of relic determines what level range the missions are. Lith -> Meso -> Neo -> Axi, in order from lowest level missions to highest. So, you don't really have a choice but to do higher level fissures if you want to use a Neo or Axi relic.

Yea Its basically a replacement for the T1 - T4 void keys they had where the higher the key number the more difficult the missions got due to the higher level enemies. That along with the fact every tier had its own loot table meant that if the item you wanted was only in t4 for example then you had to go there for it.

And on that note does
Corrupted Vor even appear anymore in Axi non Endless Void Fissure missions on the Orokin/Void tileset or is it that my missions are being completed too quickly for him to spawn

And on that note does
Corrupted Vor even appear anymore in non Endless Void Fissure missions on the Void tileset or is it that my missions are being completed too quickly for him to spawn
He only appears on higher end levels. For the most part, it's a matter of him just taking his sweet time spawning. Sometimes, it can be as soon as 2-3 minutes in.

Primus

New weapons in today's update, the Zakti pistol and Guandao polearm. Both researchable in the Tenno Lab, 72 hours each.

Zakti - 100k Credits, 30 Gallium, 22.5k Rubedo, 20k Oxium, 55k Salvage
Guandao - 100k Credits, 50 Morphics, 12.5k Plastids, 25k Cryotic, 45k Ferrite

EDIT: The Zakti also does innate Gas damage, along with Impact and Puncture. Low crit (2%), high status (20%).

VandalD

Hey, something to dump my cryotic and oxium on. Both are researching now.
EDIT: The Zakti also does innate Gas damage, along with Impact and Puncture. Low crit (2%), high status (20%).
Hmm. Is that the first gas weapon? Embolist and Pox are both toxin.. I guess it is.

Dreavus

It's kind of funny to me that you go to a relay, talk to Maroo and say "I want to sell stuff", and she says something like "Then start telling people here what you have!"

I half expected a menu the first time, but no - it's literally just SAY what you have in chat Guild Wars 1 style, lol. Doesn't bother me too much.

ViviOggi

New weapons in today's update, the Zakti pistol and Guandao polearm. Both researchable in the Tenno Lab, 72 hours each.

Zakti - 100k Credits, 30 Gallium, 22.5k Rubedo, 20k Oxium, 55k Salvage
Guandao - 100k Credits, 50 Morphics, 12.5k Plastids, 25k Cryotic, 45k Ferrite

"It's kind of funny to me that you go to a relay, talk to Maroo and say "I want to sell stuff", and she says something like "Then start telling people here what you have!"

I half expected a menu the first time, but no - it's literally just SAY what you have in chat Guild Wars 1 style, lol. Doesn't bother me too much."

Actually, if you press Q while in the Bazaar, you can "setup a shop" by picking a bunch of items you want to sell and it'll advertise them with a little popup over your character. You can look at other players to see what they're offering as well.

Dreavus

"It's kind of funny to me that you go to a relay, talk to Maroo and say "I want to sell stuff", and she says something like "Then start telling people here what you have!"

I half expected a menu the first time, but no - it's literally just SAY what you have in chat Guild Wars 1 style, lol. Doesn't bother me too much."

Actually, if you press Q while in the Bazaar, you can "setup a shop" by picking a bunch of items you want to sell and it'll advertise them with a little popup over your character. You can look at other players to see what they're offering as well.

Oh man, that brings me back. Playing Lineage 2 on a friends account and walking into a town!

So... Can I join the Gaf clan? Is that the best thing to do? I've got a level 27 frost atm and am still trying to get the hand of things.

I'm trying to find some argon crystals since I just bought the blueprints for the atterax. I've been trying to do the treasure hunt void mission that you get from the bazzar since I read they drop there but I've sat there for forever while it searches for players and I can't find a party. Not even one other person. Am I doing it wrong?

I find people within seconds when doing missions from the nav map. First time I've ever seen the game try to do one outside of it.

Name is- VlaudTheImpaler

Dreavus

So... Can I join the Gaf clan? Is that the best thing to do? I've got a level 27 frost atm and am still trying to get the hand of things.

I'm trying to find some argon crystals since I just bought the blueprints for the atterax. I've been trying to do the treasure hunt void mission that you get from the bazzar since I read they drop there but I've sat there for forever while it searches for players and I can't find a party. Not even one other person. Am I doing it wrong?

I find people within seconds when doing missions from the nav map. First time I've ever seen the game try to do one outside of it.

Name is- VlaudTheImpaler

It's a bit of a bug I think, you have to open your ESC menu and "accept" the mission at the top, like you were voting on it in multiplayer. That will start the countdown.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Discovered my new favorite gun today, Lex, and while doing a bunch of fissures with some bros got all the parts to make a Lex Prime! My first prime weapon in the oven. Also killed that stalker idiot a couple times. First time he dropped crap, some uncommon mod. 2nd time got a Dread blueprint and I'm just a few hundred plastids away from being able to make that too. Really happy about both that and being 1 component away from Paris Prime since I've been itching to get back to some bow gameplay.

Learned a lot about damage and modding in a video today after getting fed up that I was doing like practically no damage to Councilor Floaty Head Asshole the other night. Now I'm trying to get some mods to get Corrosive on some of my maxed out weapons but I can't find the electricity rifle mod, or the toxin pistol mod to complete either set I need to be able to take him down.

Anybody got a good place to restock on lith relics? Burned thru all 15 or so I had tonight.

Discovered my new favorite gun today, Lex, and while doing a bunch of fissures with some bros got all the parts to make a Lex Prime! My first prime weapon in the oven. Also killed that stalker idiot a couple times. First time he dropped crap, some uncommon mod. 2nd time got a Dread blueprint and I'm just a few hundred plastids away from being able to make that too. Really happy about both that and being 1 component away from Paris Prime since I've been itching to get back to some bow gameplay.

Learned a lot about damage and modding in a video today after getting fed up that I was doing like practically no damage to Councilor Floaty Head Asshole the other night. Now I'm trying to get some mods to get Corrosive on some of my maxed out weapons but I can't find the electricity rifle mod, or the toxin pistol mod to complete either set I need to be able to take him down.

Anybody got a good place to restock on lith relics? Burned thru all 15 or so I had tonight.

check this out

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Void_Relic/DropLocationsByRelic

Check here to understand what is meant by Rotation
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Rotation

Endless missions (Defense, Excavations, etc) are usually a good way to get these relics just roll with a squad and extract once its getting too hairy.

DrAg0nBoY

I feel so stupid playing this game. It just seems that there are so many things I should know. I guess for now it's better just to do the story and level up?

LiQuid!

I feel so stupid playing this game. It just seems that there are so many things I should know. I guess for now it's better just to do the story and level up?

At the very least look up how mods work. I watched this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmCDC50Sx8Y

Those are high level examples, but the basic principles apply to low levels too. I spent way too long completely neglecting ranking up mods and letting the AI auto-set mods. Using a little bit of credits and endo to level your best mods up even 1 or 2 times can make a huge difference in your damage at lower levels.

Deadly

Finally got the parts for Rhino but the build time is so long I'll be on vacation by the time it's done!

Also regret not doing shitty weapons at the beginning first for MR holy shit the mk1 furax is terrible

-Faction Damage is just a slight step above -Damage in terms of bad shit to get on a riven. Remember faction damage calculates after all other damage modifiers are applied, which means a huge reduction because it's going to be taking away whatever percentage of the total damage you could be doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom