• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got the parts for Rhino but the build time is so long I'll be on vacation by the time it's done!

Also regret not doing shitty weapons at the beginning first for MR holy shit the mk1 furax is terrible

i can see the 72 hours being a bit crazy (and that doesn't include whatever hours to build the 3 pieces required) but i usually be leveling up some stuff or tweaking my weapons/frames until then.

Most mk-1s are so you try to get rid of them as quickly as possible.

-Faction Damage is just a slight step above -Damage in terms of bad shit to get on a riven. Remember faction damage calculates after all other damage modifiers are applied, which means a huge reduction because it's going to be taking away whatever percentage of the total damage you could be doing.

Ouch.

So its safe to say the poster needs to re-roll asap while praying to RNGGod or Lootcifer.

Now to get that Kuva.

while on this Riven topic as someone who haven't given much attention to Riven mods since they were first introduced, whats the best one you can get right now or at least what is considered the "hottest" by the community.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Well last night went well. Finally got the plastids needed to finish my Rhino, beat a couple junctions, got a new melee weapon drop and 2 primaries. I also, in the span of I think 4 missions, got all the pieces for the Oberon. So now, I have: Rhino, Oberon, 2 primaries and 2 melee in the oven. This is after using max equipment almost exclusively for the last few days. Feelsgoodman

ViviOggi

Wa3pIQ5vRY2YeHOXoJib9w.png

AAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

A few weeks ago, me and 2 friends were playing with a rando 4th, and we pulled 6 rares (one per round) in a row. And they were all INTACT relics. Holy shit what luck...

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
So I have run into a game breaking, or at least halting, bug. I can not craft spectres through the foundary. It just pulls up a blank screen like it needs me to select an option, but there isn't anything there. At that point I have to end the process to close the game. This is apparently happening to others as the forum has quite a few threads on it. Without this, I can not do the Europa Junction. Sucks.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/820037-cant-build-any-kind-of-specters/

while on this Riven topic as someone who haven't given much attention to Riven mods since they were first introduced, whats the best one you can get right now or at least what is considered the "hottest" by the community.

You mean between any of the weapons or just in terms of stats on the weapon?

Melee rivens are extreme hotness right now because it's possible to roll the maiming strike attribute of giving your spin attack extra crit chance, and they should stack with each other meaning over 200% crit chance. But that depends on melee disposition.

Most weapons will be hot if they have straight +Damage and +Multishot. Crit guns are in very high demand because of crit rolls; Dread rivens especially.

As far as weapons themselves are concerned, any meta weapon will be hot for rivens. Even though they only have minor dispositions, +60% multishot pushes you above 200% multishot for rifles, and only 20% is needed for secondaries.

Melee rivens are extreme hotness right now because it's possible to roll the maiming strike attribute of giving your spin attack extra crit chance, and they should stack with each other meaning over 200% crit chance. But that depends on melee disposition.
Yeah, the +crit on slide attack is a big one. Reach is also in high demand.

Having a 200% crit chance combined with blood rush is ridiculous. At even just a x2 multiplier you're looking at 860% crit chance. If your crit multiplier is x5.7, that means you're doing 38.6 times your base damage every time, with a good chance at 43.3. Of course, the combo multiplier itself further multiplies it so you're really doing 77.2-86.6 times base damage.

Most weapons will be hot if they have straight +Damage and +Multishot. Crit guns are in very high demand because of crit rolls; Dread rivens especially.

As far as weapons themselves are concerned, any meta weapon will be hot for rivens. Even though they only have minor dispositions, +60% multishot pushes you above 200% multishot for rifles, and only 20% is needed for secondaries.

Hmmm interesting.

Checked out the wiki and saw a Dread Riven that looks boss as fuck :O.

Might jump in and get a few and see if RNGGod will cut me some slack.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I think I might be the most disappointed with a video game that I've ever been. What the hell is up with the sound effects on the Lex Prime?! That sick metallic clank when you shoot the non-prime version is one of the best parts about the gun! The Prime sounds like some whiny, high pitched lazer gun! I can't even. Sounds like you're shooting a god damned Nerf gun.

Can I can an invite to the clan? I think I was in it a long while back, but dropped off the game until now.

Username is (quote to reveal). On PC.

Thanks.

Good lord at that Marelok one. Instantly drooling here.

Gotta go sacrifice some goats for that Marelok riven :O :O :O

Also is that Sybaris one saying you re-rolled that thing 42 times LOL

You two make bids for that Marelok one. I'm not even using it! I'm really happy with the damage the Marelok does now with how I have it set up and I don't want to go through formaing the damn thing again.

also yes, yes i did. I had a 90% Heat 125% crit chance for about 40 of those rolls until I got that one, which does better damage.

That's a decent collection, I've gotten a few over the time with intermittent sorties.

That surpa one is weird, does it detract the status chance before the augment is taken into consideration?

How much does your Aklex prime bounce every time you fire a shot? Lord.

dat zarr, and i'd kill for an ohma mod

That surpa one is weird, does it detract the status chance before the augment is taken into consideration?
How much does your Aklex prime bounce every time you fire a shot? Lord.
dat zarr, and i'd kill for an ohma mod
Supra's augment applies its bonus after any other status mods, so you don't see a lot of change from other mods affecting status, positive or negative.
AkLex has a decent kick while aiming, but hip fire isn't too bad actually.

You two make bids for that Marelok one. I'm not even using it! I'm really happy with the damage the Marelok does now with how I have it set up and I don't want to go through formaing the damn thing again.

Nah that's cool, it has actually inspired me to do sorties again in the hopes of one day getting one.

As for the marelok i have 6 formas on it now, i love that gun :D

I've got like 130 plat on me. :)

its all yours man.

goblin

Started playing again this past week. First thing I noticed was that Tonkor has self-damage now and Simulor damage got nerfed. Oh well. The "new" frames (Octavia, Nidus, Harrow) seem pretty cool and DE has added a lot of QoL stuff since the last time I logged in, which is always nice to see.

I don't suppose anyone wants to trade Perrin/Veil/Loka melee weapons for my Meridian/Hexis/Suda ones? I've been trying trade chat the past few days but it looks like Riven mods are the new hotness and that I've missed the boat on trading syndicate stuff.

Also, is there a GAF Warframe discord?

Started playing again this past week. First thing I noticed was that Tonkor has self-damage now and Simulor damage got nerfed. Oh well. The "new" frames (Octavia, Nidus, Harrow) seem pretty cool and DE has added a lot of QoL stuff since the last time I logged in, which is always nice to see
Actually, simulor was buffed for anyone who knows how to use it. The secondary fire mode AOE got a major increase in range and damage. It does more damage in a larger area than before.

Tonkor self damage is a shame, though. I loved grenade jumping.

Started playing again this past week. First thing I noticed was that Tonkor has self-damage now and Simulor damage got nerfed. Oh well. The "new" frames (Octavia, Nidus, Harrow) seem pretty cool and DE has added a lot of QoL stuff since the last time I logged in, which is always nice to see.

Also, is there a GAF Warframe discord?

It's actually more accurate to say the Simulor got its damage adjusted. There's more reward for popping the vortexes now. Still kind of a monster.

I don't think there's a Gaf warframe discord but there is a Giant Bomb one if you want to hop in with people who are in the alliance.

goblin

Actually, simulor was buffed for anyone who knows how to use it. The secondary fire mode AOE got a major increase in range and damage. It does more damage in a larger area than before.

Tonkor self damage is a shame, though. I loved grenade jumping.

Interesting. Last I remember, Synoid Simulor did automatic headshot damage on all hits which made it silly. Looks like that was changed first in U19 (probably warranted!) and then the gun's design was further changed in U20 to be more alt-fire dependent. Seems like it can still be a decent status weapon for applying Corrosive or Viral procs.

I also miss grenade jumping.

I don't think there's a Gaf warframe discord but there is a Giant Bomb one if you want to hop in with people who are in the alliance.

Thanks!

TIL that, while you can't trade for BP's beyond your MR, you most certainly can select them as mission rewards. Which makes sense, obv. Would be a major asshat move to prevent you from acquiring the things when RNGzus looked your way.

TIAL that the game will only tell you about the MR on the damn thing once youve got all the components for it. My tigris prime will have to wait =/

Rolfgang

Yes! Finally got all my resources for Rhino Systems. All the other stuff was easy to get, but those Plastids and Control Module kept teasing me, because they only drop in later systems compared to the rest. The Systems are now cooking and after that I only have to wait three more days (*sigh*) before I can charge people with Rhino.

Also, I'm finally MR4, so next up are the Hek and Tigris!

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I am definitely saving my plat for weapon and frame slots. I spent some on Forma to kick start dojo construction as well.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
3 days isn't a very long time but when that frame is in the oven it's an eternity.

Forgot to respond to this.

also yes, yes i did. I had a 90% Heat 125% crit chance for about 40 of those rolls until I got that one, which does better damage.

Man that's a shitton of Kuva but RNGGod gonna RNG :O

3 days isn't a very long time but when that frame is in the oven it's an eternity.

True.

Luckily there are other things to do in the meanwhile, gotta be wearing that farmers hat :p

I am definitely saving my plat for weapon and frame slots. I spent some on Forma to kick start dojo construction as well.

While i don't think its worth it to buy resources either Forma is the one of the few where i can see otherwise since its a hassle to get in any good frequency where you are currently and its needed for Dojo construction once you decide to go on that path.

The others are the potatoes (Orokin Reactor and Orokin Catalyst)

VandalD

Got my zenith last night. It's an interesting gun. Build for crit or status.

Really like the sound effects on it.
I'm a little over a week away from that now. Got a riven for it, but it needs rerolls. Guess I'd better get on that at some point. I was told it's a better Braton Prime, and I'm totally down for that.

I'm a little over a week away from that now. Got a riven for it, but it needs rerolls. Guess I'd better get on that at some point. I was told it's a better Braton Prime, and I'm totally down for that.
The automatic fire mode is basically braton prime. The alt fire mode is a semiauto crit rifle with infinite punch through and a little sensor ball.

Both are normally 20, yes. Formas too unless you buy a 3 pack.

Ok as its been a while.

I started to hoard the blueprints so i may have not bought any but i could have sworn i got some because they were on a similar deal that basically made you get 2 for the same price *shrug*

Could be something i made up as well lol

The automatic fire mode is basically braton prime. The alt fire mode is a semiauto crit rifle with infinite punch through and a little sensor ball.

Is this the latest Daily Tribute weapon? if so I should be getting mine either tonight or tomorrow.

And on the thought of weapons being better than another similar weapon its sounding like Euphona Prime is the Vaykor Marelok killer which has made me more intrigued in getting one.

Euphona is decent as a marelok substitute, but its real strength is the alt fire. That one is like a quicker reloading miniature Tigris Prime with a really short range.

Similar to Zenith, it really is best if built for either crit or status.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom