• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

VandalD

Oh, there was a hotfix. Looks like Opticor's back on the menu, boys.

Opticor Changes & Fixes:

Opticor beam now has a radius (thicker more cylinder shaped beam) that will allow you to hit more enemies with a single beam.
Increased the Opticor AoE damage radius from 3 meters to 5 meters.
Critical Chance and Critical Damage Multiplier now apply to the AoE.
Reduced Ammo capacity to 200.
Fixed being unable to destroy Nullifier bubbles with the Opticor.
Fixed being unable to kill enemies inside a Nullifier bubble or Eximus Snow Globe with the Opticor. This also fixes being unable to hit Lephantis or Sargas Ruk at times.

Changes:

Chat will automatically rearrange and switch to the Squad tab when loading into a mission.
Optimized mission load times and reduced memory usage dramatically.
Made several small performance improvements for the remastered Earth tileset (more to come).
Updated the Frost Zastruga Helmet, Ersatz Loki Helmet, and Zener Volt Skin at each creator's request.

ACE 1991

Any tips for a new player? Going to boot up the game for the first time later tonight. I got the free Frost prime warframe through Twitch.

Chat will automatically rearrange and switch to the Squad tab when loading into a mission.
Optimized mission load times and reduced memory usage dramatically.
Made several small performance improvements for the remastered Earth tileset (more to come).

Nice.

@bold: that not happening was bugging the hell out of me.

Haven't gone to remastered Earth since the quest but it wasn't running great even then tbh. Hopefully its smoother.

Jobias

Got hyped after seeing the Tennocon VODs and I'm back in. Is there still room in the GAF clan? If so, could I get an invite?

Username: jobias

Also, I've been following the quick start guide here (https://docs.google.com/document/d/...zDJuL3AQ7-F40gmW4/edit#heading=h.ciucbr8f0ybw) and trying to put collect a set of unbroken mods for the following. Is running Orokin void missions for the treasure rooms really the best way to get these?

Barrel Diffusion
Hell’s Chamber
Split Chamber
Vital Sense
Continuity
Flow
Intensify

VandalD

GAF clan is full right now. Maybe they'll consider upping what tier we're in since we have a number of people who've wanted to get in. Maybe some of the more inactive folks will get kicked. I'm not sure if anything will happen with that.

Yeah, Orokin containers are probably the best way to get those mods. You should add Rage to your list too. Some mods aren't available in the lower level void missions, so it's very important to do your mod hunting in the void missions NOT coming from Phobos. If you get to or are already at Neptune to get access to Ukko in the void, that is the best mission to run, as it's a capture, and capture missions are quick, and every mod you're wanting can drop from the containers.

Brozime breaks it all down in this video, if you have the time to watch.

Loki is great. His prime is even more so. Badly need some extra survivability to at least not die from AOE attack though. Primed Vigor should be really good on him, but I'm still very far from it ;__;
Vitality is better. As for avoiding aoe, using radial disarm saves you from about 70% of it. Even more so with the irradiating disarm augment. It's like you're playing nyx with a better version of chaos.

If you are dealing with infested or other melee things, then using decoy and an explosive weapon like tonkor has from pretty great results.

Jobias

GAF clan is full right now. Maybe they'll consider upping what tier we're in since we have a number of people who've wanted to get in. Maybe some of the more inactive folks will get kicked. I'm not sure if anything will happen with that.

Yeah, Orokin containers are probably the best way to get those mods. You should add Rage to your list too. Some mods aren't available in the lower level void missions, so it's very important to do your mod hunting in the void missions NOT coming from Phobos. If you get to or are already at Neptune to get access to Ukko in the void, that is the best mission to run, as it's a capture, and capture missions are quick, and every mod you're wanting can drop from the containers.

Brozime breaks it all down in this video, if you have the time to watch.

Awesome, thanks! :D

Namikaze1

Councilor Vay Hek took freaking forever to go down. We weren't properly setup for that mission. How we managed to beat his ass is still a mystery to me. Getting to phase 2 of his fight took like a good 15-20 minutes. Phase 2 was a damn breeze.

So far, I made it to Ceres. Gonna work through those missions tomorrow. I've been doing one planet a day since returning to the game. Mars took at most a day and a half.

Councilor Vay Hek took freaking forever to go down. We weren't properly setup for that mission. How we managed to beat his ass is still a mystery to me. Getting to phase 2 of his fight took like a good 15-20 minutes. Phase 2 was a damn breeze.

So far, I made it to Ceres. Gonna work through those missions tomorrow. I've been doing one planet a day since returning to the game. Mars took at most a day and a half.

You should fight him as a sortie mission once you are able to (iirc you need to have a level 30 frame and finished the war within quest) and he shows up as one lol :p

But yea his first phase is an annoyance, especially if you aren't prepared..

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
gonna reinstall this, see if I can figure out what the hell I was doing when I left off

I think I remember getting a Rhino suit or something, but I think I was having trouble figuring out how to progress in the game

gonna reinstall this, see if I can figure out what the hell I was doing when I left off

I think I remember getting a Rhino suit or something, but I think I was having trouble figuring out how to progress in the game

They redid the world map at some point so its a bit easier to know where to go.

Namikaze1

Been mainly using a regular Braton. Decided to spend some credits on the starter shotty. I've never maxed out a weapon so fast. I'm in love with the damn thing. Now I just need to get a blueprint of a Prime shotty. Missing one last piece to build the Paris Prime.

Been mainly using a regular Braton. Decided to spend some credits on the starter shotty. I've never maxed out a weapon so fast. I'm in love with the damn thing. Now I just need to get a blueprint of a Prime shotty. Missing one last piece to build the Paris Prime.
Shotguns are great, amazing weapons. Try out the hek shotgun for high damage, especially if you get the steel meridian mod for it (+200% multishot wtf).

The Tigris shottys are also great. It's a two round duplex that erases existence in front of you. (prime especially)

What is their daily day up to right now? I'm about 420 days right now.

I'm almost to the 600 day login reward. I think in two weeks or so?

There was an amusing bug with the original tigris that would cause more bodies to spawn on death of anything it hit. I used to joke it did so much damage that it killed the counterpart in an adjacent dimension.

I'm almost to the 600 day login reward. I think in two weeks or so?

There was an amusing bug with the original tigris that would cause more bodies to spawn on death of anything it hit. I used to joke it did so much damage that it killed the counterpart in an adjacent dimension.

Especially since I don't have the Prime version of the Akstilletto Prime, I mainly use the Vaykor Marelok as my main side arm. My main primary is the Sancti Tigris. Then the Soma Prime right behind it.

Jaeger

I couldn't hear too much but it sounds like would like to add the ability to play as Stalker for us regular folk. They are trying to make it where it would work best.

They should just let us take like a dark path and becomes Acolytes. Get the helmet, abilities and weapons. And be able to invade other people.

EDIT - Stream is up on YT https://youtu.be/lap7xabhwBQ

Dreavus

I couldn't hear too much but it sounds like would like to add the ability to play as Stalker for us regular folk. They are trying to make it where it would work best.

They should just let us take like a dark path and becomes Acolytes. Get the helmet, abilities and weapons. And be able to invade other people.

EDIT - Stream is up on YT https://youtu.be/lap7xabhwBQ

Hmm, I think they should be careful with how they implement it (don't allow it everywhere indiscriminately) but it's a super cool idea. Haven't checked out the stream but I was watching the recording from tennocon. I like how he can do whatever he wants and break through locked doors, that's pretty badass. Maybe don't let him kill objectives though!

They could make it a mission boss like the old monk in demon's souls and but have loot for both sides depending on how the fight goes. In that game you fight the "old monk" who is a predefined boss but if your lucky he'll actually be a summoned player.

Their mock up looks awesome though, with the stalker having his own pocket dimension or ship or whatever he's in. Surprised at the effort put in there since I thought someone said it was a pet project of the team. It's too cool for them to not use it.

There any good way to get focus these days? I've always thought it took waaaaay too much to level anything in the school trees. And I'm seeing that I still think that, especially when I'm only getting 30-300 focus per convergence orb thing...

VandalD

There any good way to get focus these days? I've always thought it took waaaaay too much to level anything in the school trees. And I'm seeing that I still think that, especially when I'm only getting 30-300 focus per convergence orb thing...
They nerfed the good solo ways to get focus, so the best way now it seems is to go to Sedna, Hydron, or do an endless relic mission like survival and stay a long time so that you stack the affinity booster.

Jaeger

Old link died. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhoM_ALCIkQ

In terms of implementing Stalker, I wouldn't really do the mode. What people really want is to take some of the unique aspects of the character and be able to add them to their own. Gives us his abilities and helmet, and let us be able to do maybe a "Dark/Stalker" path and become like an Acolyte of his.

VandalD

Oh my, that is a fancy video. And I assumed Equinox sleep wouldn't work because Ivara's sleep didn't work well for me. Good stuff.

So I'm diving into this game for the first time in a few minutes. Been interested in it since launch but haven't bothered to put time in, gonna see if it's something I like. Is the F2P tolerable or is this a game I should expect to spend money on?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
They redid the world map at some point so its a bit easier to know where to go.

not really

apparently they changed the order of things or I skipped a planet somehow, because I have access to Jupiter without ever getting the planet between Mars and there.

I have some kind of quest that requires me to finish an archwing mission but I think my archwing gear isn't strong enough yet

I have two warframes at max level (excalibur and rhino) and most of the weapons I have are maxed out too, with a third warframe I don't remember at all in the teens or something.

super confused

not really

apparently they changed the order of things or I skipped a planet somehow, because I have access to Jupiter without ever getting the planet between Mars and there.

I have some kind of quest that requires me to finish an archwing mission but I think my archwing gear isn't strong enough yet

I have two warframes at max level (excalibur and rhino) and most of the weapons I have are maxed out too, with a third warframe I don't remember at all in the teens or something.

super confused

Yea i forgot they kept whatever progress you had from before with the nav segments (iirc you accessed jupiter if you unlocked venus and kiiled the boss there who drops rhino's parts) but changed the some of the planet progression and blocked the junctions that allow you to go to the other places with that task list.

With the rework it was supposed to better guide players since it has those junctions they would have to unlock but its either confusing or annoying if you had made some progress from before (i had to redo some tasks since there were not counted).

So I'm diving into this game for the first time in a few minutes. Been interested in it since launch but haven't bothered to put time in, gonna see if it's something I like. Is the F2P tolerable or is this a game I should expect to spend money on?

You don't have to spend a dime on anything since most of the things are obtainable without actual money and you can get the premium currency in the game buy selling items using the trade market.

I was in the same boat as Vandal in not expecting to spend anything but gave them money as a show of support since i had gotten near 100 hours out of the game at that point and enjoyed it.. I only use the 75% off (maybe 50% if i'm feeling real generous) voucher though :p

VandalD

I got into Warframe thinking that I would never spend money on it. But I came to like it so much that I changed my mind. You can trade for the premium currency, platinum. I just don't like doing that very much.

Oh my, that is a fancy video. And I assumed Equinox sleep wouldn't work because Ivara's sleep didn't work well for me. Good stuff.

Never watched Qynchou's videos before? That's how all his videos are. In fact this is one of his less fancy videos because he doesn't have a title card for each part like he does in his build videos.

VandalD

Yeah, Qynchou's new to me. Checked out some of his other stuff. Makes me feel like I'm getting build advice from satan. I'm cool with that.

VandalD

Baro's new thing this week is an emote. At least it doesn't cost any ducats. He also brought Primed Continuity though, so that's great for anyone that doesn't have it.
"Oh I'll just check this game out."

*3 Hours Later*

"Alright I kinda like it."
Nice. Welcome to Warframe!

Since a lot of folks are returning or are new, I have a number of useful mods in case anyone needs em. PM me for any you want, first come first served.

Primary: Toxic barrage, frigid blast, thermite rounds, malignant force, hell's chamber, vital sense, split chmaber
Secondary: Frostbite, pistol pestilence, barrel diffusion
Melee: volcanic edge, covert lethality, virulent scourge
Stances: Astral twilight, Gaia's Tragedy
Warframe: Cunning drift, streamline, power drift, reflex guard, rifle amp

EL CUCO

Started this up for the first time last night.

Any reason why the game only launches thru nvidia GeForce experience? Trying to launch from desktop always gives an "insufficient memory" error.
So, I was still getting this error after toggling a few things in settings on the launcher. Then when I could get it going, it started freezing in the display menu when changing resolutions. Switched it to Windowed, and everything runs smooth now.

*3 Hours Later*

I really like the combat. It's the upgrading and resource economy that I'm so confused with.

Everytime I think about upgrading a weapon, I get lost in the menu and say "forget this, let me just play another mission" lol

I really like the combat. It's the upgrading and resource economy that I'm so confused with.

Everytime I think about upgrading a weapon, I get lost in the menu and say "forget this, let me just play another mission" lol
Early on, modding isn't critical, but as things progress it becomes a fairly big deal. You're looking at potentially increasing damage by orders of magnitude, so you see numbers like this:
20170714081657_1_zpsktyz5e6y.jpg

Also don't shy away from Primed Cryo Rounds, in a lot of builds it's better than anything else in an empty slot.
Unless you care about a status proc that doesn't involve cold. The extra damage is useful but can give too much weight to cold/viral/magnetic/blast procs on weapons where that matters.

Jaeger

Booted up my PC version after years of neglect. Took an hour to update itself. Still have platinum in the account and there was my Excalibur Prime and Loki Prime waiting for me. Feels good. :)

Dreavus

*3 Hours Later*

Honestly, I am consistently surprised by the time I can EASILY drop into the game. I can't quite place the reason but... yeah, it's pretty crazy. I guess the gameplay hooks are doing something right?(or maybe even a little bit addictive?) When the open world stuff releases I can see myself dropping a lot of time into that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom