• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WARIO LAND: THE SHAKE DIMENSION

Perdew

SovanJedi said:
Hallelujah, it's 2D! Glorious, glorious 2D through and through!

Those sprites look absolutely amazing! You don't need HD for beautiful sprites! (I'm looking at you, SFIIHDR)

Dascu

After Metal Slug 7, SNK should totally do Metal Slug 8 on the Wii with pretty graphics like that (and pointer aiming!).

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Pfft KK Slider should be playable before any of those losers.
th_rolleyes.gif

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
After seeing the bigger shots I'm very excited. Looks totally awesome.

I'm surprised that Nintendo green lit this project.

ivysaur12

Banned
I can't believe we're getting a 2D Nintendo console platformer. Jungle Beat wasn't enough.

Please don't suck... please don't suck...

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Am I the only one underwhelmed?
I need video I guess, as usual.
I am happy to see a retail 2d platformer from Nintendo even if it is 2nd party.

Flock

God i hope this works with the freelaoder.

Hy hype for this game is so high, 2D platformers > ALL GENRES IN EXISTENCE

Dascu

Flock said:

Hy hype for this game is so high, 2D platformers > ALL GENRES IN EXISTENCE
Be sure not to upgrade your Wii then. The latest update kills off Freeloader.

AniHawk

Flock said:

My hype for this game is so high, 2D platformers > ALL GENRES IN EXISTENCE

batbeg

AniHawk said:

Wouldn't Wario Land just include the update that kills it anyway?

Then again, I remember there's something about the freeloader "bypassing" updates on a disc, but I personally never tried it.

Damn, that looks cool!

It only needs a couple of things now:

- It has to be challenging
- It has to be long
- It has to be diverse
- It has to be funny

Well, Nintendo (or whatever company is developing this), you can pull that of, can't you?

AniHawk

Pizza Luigi said:
Damn, that looks cool!

- It has to be long
- It has to be diverse
- It has to be funny

Well, Nintendo (or whatever company is developing this), you can pull that of, can't you?

It doesn't have to be long, it just has to have nice replay value (like DKJB). I don't think it needs to be funny either.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Looks friggin' HAWT! Hype++

What's the deal with the freeloader? I saw my Wii blinking this morning is it an update that kills the freeloader?

Dascu

Mistouze said:
Looks friggin' HAWT! Hype++

What's the deal with the freeloader? I saw my Wii blinking this morning is it an update that kills the freeloader?
Yes. Do not install the update.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Flock said:

Flock said:

I understand double posts, but with a 46-minute gap between them?!

later

All new games will probably have the updated firmware (and force you to install it) anyway, or can freeloader bypass that?

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
later said:
All new games will probably have the updated firmware (and force you to install it) anyway, or can freeloader bypass that?

Normally it is possible, insert the Freeloader, let it boot, reinsert it, let it boot again, insert your game. Now let's hope Datel is working on a replacement and will replace the Wiiloader as promised.

Did I say that this game looks hot? Like "OMG a full 2D console platformer" good? I just hop it holds up when animated.

Flock

SovanJedi said:
I understand double posts, but with a 46-minute gap between them?!

haha, i think i posted it once. But it looked like it never posted as the page never loaded, so i just clicked back. Then i went downstairs and made dinner, return 46 minutes later, see an un-posted post and click post.

:lol :lol

mystery solved!

Gagaman

As Wario would say "WAHAHAHA! WONDERFUL!"

Now watch NOE make us wait 9 months for this and make sure we can't play it without importing a Wii.

I'm excited for the game, but the shots so far lack the amount of character I'd expect from a Wario game. I'm psyched that it's a side scroller at all, but I would've prefer 100% hand drawn sprites personally. Maybe it's something you have to see in motion.

Gagaman said:
As Wario would say "WAHAHAHA! WONDERFUL!"

Now watch NOE make us wait 9 months for this and make sure we can't play it without importing a Wii.

IIRC, there was a retail listing for Australia that had it launching some time in September, so a relatively prompt PAL release seems possible.

Gagaman

Cosmonaut X said:
IIRC, there was a retail listing for Australia that had it launching some time in September, so a relatively prompt PAL release seems possible.
Ah, now that wouldn't be so bad. So long as they don't use that old "we need to translate to 20 languages" excuse again to delay it, when every other company out there manages to do the same just fine..

Pizza Luigi said:
Damn, that looks cool!

- It has to be long
- It has to be diverse
- It has to be funny

Bolded word are contractictory :(

Easy_D

never left the stone age
WHAT!? UPDATE!?

Eh, there's homebrew that removes the region lock temporarily just like the Freeloader, but since it probably uses the same method it probably won't work after the update anyway :(

Neomoto

It looks awesome. Want to see a video or more screens though hehe :) I won't update my Wii untill Datel has a new Freeloader.

Stopsign said:
Ever play F Zero GX, or the Metroid Prime series?
How can you forget Fire Emblem?!

Gagaman said:
Ah, now that wouldn't be so bad. So long as they don't use that old "we need to translate to 20 languages" excuse again to delay it, when every other company out there manages to do the same just fine..
I wonder, how many games do these companies put out? Nintendo releases a lot of games constantly, across 2 platforms in every region (and also in Japan, whereas allmost every western publisher doesn't or not untill way after western release). :) But I agree, in some cases it's unacceptable (such as Brawl).

later

Bigger screenshot:

24136mr.jpg

And description:

Wario Land™: Shake It!, a classic side-scroller for the Wii console launching Sept. 29, stars Wario, the smelly, bad-mannered alter ego of Mario™. With the Wii Remote™ controller turned sideways like an old-school controller, veterans and newcomers alike can run, jump and smash their way through hectic side-scrolling stages. Players shake the Wii Remote to help Wario take down his enemies, empty bags of treasure or cause earthquakes. Best of all, there are numerous stages each offering multiple missions to keep players coming back again and again to unlock everything, collect more coins or just improve their best times.

fisheyes

Is that the US name and date? Wuh-oh, looks like PAL gets the game 3 days early, no doubt to supposedly compensate for getting some major title 6 months late.

Animal Crossing Wii June 09 PAL release date confirmed.

Top Bottom