• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs - Story Trailer leaks on Xbox360 preview dashboard / Release 05.27.14

Well they still have more than 2 months, maybe that will be enough for them up the graphics a little... I'm lying to myself aren't I?

RedAssedApe

Banned
If that gameplay is PS4 then UBI is in big trouble. I would delay until christmas.

naw...they shouldn't put it out alongside assassins creed and other third party AAA titles as another 9 month delay would be murder for already lowered hype levels. summer/late spring is a good time to release this. less competition

because why not, E3 2012 vs March 2014

iboqqHgyy5tOsD.gif

This is unfortunate.

So Busta. Such Rhymes. Really sounded like him. The graphics aren't terribly impressive, but that isn't what drew me to this title in the first place.

More GIFs from random parts of the E3 footage for comparison and science. They look completely different from and significantly better than the new footage to me, I'm not sure what some of you people are on about. It still looks solid and is by no means horrendous, but it is nothing like what's shown at E3. Assassin's Creed 4 looked great on PC, but I'm not sure how this one will turn out.

12971642704_d46fabce6b_o.gif

12971264205_f98cdb7550_o.gif

Was the E3 footage running on a PS4? Looked like a PS4 controller. If so how can it degrade so much if all of that was running in real time at E3. I can understand some degrade but not to that extent. Or was that running on some ultra-high PC with a PS4 controller?

Trailer looked good though to get some hype back for this game.

TyrantII

iboqqHgyy5tOsD.gif

Am I missing something? The new spotlight looks much better than the weird fake lighting following the car and casing a huge glow around it.

That said doesn't look like it casts a shadow, which a harsh light like that should do.

Edit: Ok, so its March 2014 vs E3 2012. That makes a difference.

Wasn't too hot on the downgrades in 2013, but this is downright pathetic. Open world games are tough, but 1080P30 with the lighting stripped out almost completely? No sale.

That is absolutely horrific, looks like true crime from PS2 ffs, those bullshots earlier in the thread are disgraceful, how UBI gets away with it I will never know.

I stopped buying Ubisoft games a long time ago (Prince of Persia 2008 was my last Ubisoft game and I bought it when it reached Greatest Hits status). Perhaps more people should do the same and send a message to them.

gioGAF

Wow, that is a MASSIVE difference. This is reminiscent of the Aliens Colonial Marines fiasco. I don't understand what they were thinking when they showed off that tech demo. I'm not really interested in this game either way, but if I was this would totally kill all hype.

Was the E3 footage running on a PS4? Looked like a PS4 controller. If so how can it degrade so much if all of that was running in real time at E3. I can understand some degrade but not to that extent. Or was that running on some ultra-high PC with a PS4 controller?

Trailer looked good though to get some hype back for this game.

The E3 reveal was running on a high end PC with a PS3 controller.

fasTRapid

Banned
Certainly looks like it's been amended.

mI0oyPc.jpg
New face looks way better.

The other guy doesn't give a fuck.

2014-03-0614_44_02-wijau47.png

"Oh, not again!"
Hahahaha, you made it sound like it looked far worse so after watching I was quite surprised at how not too bad it looked. And the gameplay looks even better.

WxmxU6f.jpg

I'd say the visuals are okay. Not the graphical next-gen showpiece they revealed it as but nonetheless it's... okay.

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
To be fair, that gameplay looked good. People should watch it. Definitely a next gen version of a crossgen game. Ofcourse i'd love to see a game like this made for next gen only.

Did you watch the actual video? Cause it looks nothing like a PS3 or 360 game i terms of texture detail and image quality.
Keep in mind, it's an open world crossgen game.

It looks worse then the footage shown on E3. Nothing to do with cross gen!

Watch Dogs E3 2013 Gameplay Trailer - E3 2013 Sony Conference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPYgXvgS6Ww

What the hell Ubisoft. Been waiting 1 year for this.

New face looks way better.

Hahahaha, you made it sound like it looked far worse so after watching I was quite surprised at how not too bad it looked. And the gameplay looks even better.

http://i.imgur.com/WxmxU6f.jpg[/IMG

I'd say the visuals are okay. Not the graphical next-gen showpiece they revealed it as but nonetheless it's... okay.[/QUOTE]
Yep, lots more detail in certain parts.
The screen is from a compressed stream, but looks good in motion. City looks alive.

Watch Dogs E3 2013 Gameplay Trailer - E3 2013 Sony Conference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPYgXvgS6Ww

What the hell Ubisoft. Been waiting 1 year for this.
That trailer looks about the same. Maybe you are wowed by rain and nighttime (and this will be in the final game). But you can see jaggies, low res textures, less detail in textures in the video you posted. I'm sure they added detail in certain parts, and other parts were proabably downgraded.
Lol, the repeating rain effect on the pole next to the car is nice too....

Karkador

Banned
The story seems pretty bad. The dude's magic hacker smartphone is like the ultimate deus ex machina. He might as well have a Game Gear that can look into the future.

Muffdraul

It's very possible, almost certain, that the last leg of development was to close the gap between the last gen and current gen versions. Which is bullshit that needs to stop.

Ubi developers: "Please, don't force us to make this cross gen! You're making us destroy the game in the process!"

Ubi executives: "Just fucking DO IT. We want dem cross gen sales figgers."

The downgrade on this one is staggering. Did they stop and make an entirely new fucking game? Holy shit.

That and the protagonist has the worst voice ever.

Fret

I'm calling it now - the main character will be taken hostage by the villain, and the villain will take his super hacking phone away, then say these words to him:

"You're not so powerful without your phone, are you?"

bud23

Was there ever any doubt? Of course it´s from PS4 or PC.

Do you really think that Ubisoft, masters of the bullshots, would show us the inferior version when they are perfectly able to choose the next-gen/PC version?

iboqqHgyy5tOsD.gif

Rust was right; time is a flat circle, it´s like the PS2 era all over again. This is very embarrassing.

RulkezX

The car models and people look weird on the gameplay video , anything past 15m from the protagonist gets blurry as well.

Watching the I:SS live stream after watching this makes it even worse.

Top Bottom